Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#650144 Aug 7, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Always.
I don't wanna grow up, Ima Toys R Us kid.
Stand out in front of that store too... smoking?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#650145 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Don't remember any actors cards.
Double Bubble was my favorite bubblegum. Big cylindrical chunk that tasted better and was softer. One of those brands was something like 2 for a penny. May have been the Double Bubble.
Gee, its gets hard remembering.
Maybe that was Joe Palooka bubble gum.

But I did love beer barrel rolls and the peanut butter logs. Horehound drops kept in the refrigerator went real quick.

But canned boiled peanuts, Wilke's back then, were my favorite snack. I preferred the Peanut Patch brand that came out later, though. Eating a can of them parked in front of the TV was heaven.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650146 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Double Bubble was my favorite bubblegum. Big cylindrical chunk that tasted better and was softer. One of those brands was something like 2 for a penny. May have been the Double Bubble.
Double Bubble >>> made by 'Fleer'.

From the entrance to parents' neighborhood, at the hill top... one can see a large, white house just visible through the woods... a mile or so away.

It's the former 'Fleer Mansion'.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650147 Aug 7, 2013
/to/to my/

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650148 Aug 7, 2013
Oh...

It's 'Dubble Bubble'.

Not that it really matters.

Since: Aug 13

West Plains, MO

#650149 Aug 7, 2013
I've got a better idea. Why doesn't even one non believer clearly define the parameters of infinite space? After all, you have cast down the gauntlet of everything requiring scientific proof. Under the topic creator's implication, we "could" be living in the Matrix.
The Truth is Known

Peoria, AZ

#650150 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Do you think the creations learned from the creator's mistakes? Can you be sure of that?
The Truth is Known...

We'll never know if the creators of god ever fully understood the terrifying consequences of their own fabrication.
The Truth is Known

Peoria, AZ

#650151 Aug 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
You still act like a 4th grader.
I'm sure you were far more intelligent and mature in 4th grade than RiversideHick will ever be. He acts more like a kindergarten delinquent.

Westcliffe, CO

#650152 Aug 7, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is Known...
We'll never know if the creators of god ever fully understood the terrifying consequences of their own fabrication.
In essence your belief is since we are here we just move forward and don't concern ourselves with just how we get here? We make our own way independent of the greater universe?

So what creates this great unifier of mankind, this gluing his brain together to make a focused common thought as he embarks down such a path?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650153 Aug 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sure you were far more intelligent and mature in 4th grade than RiversideHick will ever be. He acts more like a kindergarten delinquent.
I wouldn't be soooo sure about my maturity in the 4th grade. I started school a year early... something my parents did with hopes that it would build character in the years to follow.

In my 40s and still working at it.

In any case...

I wasn't the one hanging out in the playground, suckin' on candy cigarettes, thinking he was a 'bad-ass'.
xianity is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#650154 Aug 7, 2013
BarShickObama wrote:
I've got a better idea. Why doesn't even one non believer clearly define the parameters of infinite space? After all, you have cast down the gauntlet of everything requiring scientific proof. Under the topic creator's implication, we "could" be living in the Matrix.
this is known as a Burden of Proof FALLACY

try to do better
The Truth is Known

Peoria, AZ

#650155 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
In essence your belief is since we are here we just move forward and don't concern ourselves with just how we get here? We make our own way independent of the greater universe?
So what creates this great unifier of mankind, this gluing his brain together to make a focused common thought as he embarks down such a path?
Science is based on observation not belief. There's no "unifier of mankind". When you consider the vastness of the universe, it's ridiculous that the inhabitants of this planet are always at war. Religion is synonymous with ignorance and violence.

Westcliffe, CO

#650156 Aug 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Science is based on observation not belief. There's no "unifier of mankind". When you consider the vastness of the universe, it's ridiculous that the inhabitants of this planet are always at war. Religion is synonymous with ignorance and violence.
You don't make much sense.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#650157 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Yes, Bazooka was a little pink rectangular gum for a penny, and Double Bubble was a huge cylinder for a nickel, I think. Sometimes I broke off the segments of the cylinder one by one, and ended up chewing the WHOLE THING at once.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#650158 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that was Joe Palooka bubble gum.
But I did love beer barrel rolls and the peanut butter logs. Horehound drops kept in the refrigerator went real quick.
But canned boiled peanuts, Wilke's back then, were my favorite snack. I preferred the Peanut Patch brand that came out later, though. Eating a can of them parked in front of the TV was heaven.
Boiled peanuts, fresh, are a huge deal even today, in Florida.

Ugh.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#650159 Aug 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boiled peanuts, fresh, are a huge deal even today, in Florida.
Ugh.
Every truck stop from top to bottom, left coast and right, and everywhere in between, has 'em.

My brother-in-law eats 'em whole... shells and all.

Exactly...

UGH!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#650160 Aug 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Bazooka was a little pink rectangular gum for a penny, and Double Bubble was a huge cylinder for a nickel, I think. Sometimes I broke off the segments of the cylinder one by one, and ended up chewing the WHOLE THING at once.
How many licks does take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? HAHAHAH

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#650161 Aug 7, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Two death denying cowardly Christian godbots wasn't enough for you?
HA !
hahaha! I knew you agreed with Pomona the whole time.

:)

<pats RR on the head>

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#650162 Aug 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to work at getting bit fatally by a coral snake. They don't have fangs, they have to chew through the skin. But you let them reach the blood supply and you will be in bad shape.
You believe in the strangest things, Dave. Of course coral snakes have fangs. They're just short ones.
I lived in Florida for 46 years before I saw my first coral snake. They are bigger in life than in photos. They are pretty secretive critters, except during mating season, then they wander off everywhere. I almost stepped on one with my sandals on in the back yard during that season. It crossed my path diagonally from behind and to the left. I just caught my foot before stepping on it. Had another almost like that a couple of days later walking down the road. It passed less than two feet in front of me.
Wow! Nice. I had a fer de lance slither through my legs. That was fun.
You mentioned mosquitoes being more dangerous than lions earlier. The scariest moment of my life was killing a big fat blood filled mosquito that had just bit me on a crowded city bus in downtown New Orleans.
I can totally understand that sentiment.

If the back legs go diagonally up, that is a sign they may be a malaria vector (the spp that carries it have legs that work like this - not all that do can carry malaria, though).

Westcliffe, CO

#650163 Aug 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Every truck stop from top to bottom, left coast and right, and everywhere in between, has 'em.
My brother-in-law eats 'em whole... shells and all.
Exactly...
UGH!
I preferred the canned variety. They were softer and tastier from setting in solution so long. Saltier. Great for cleaning teeth. You opened the shell with your teeth then sucked and tongued the peanuts out.

I didn't eat the shells. Only animals can eat the peanut shells.

"Biled" peanuts is what they are called.

Good eatin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min WildWeirdWillie 51,697
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Michael 693,160
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Peter Ross 445,966
when will i be able to dip after wisdom teeth r... (Jan '13) 47 min bigLips 27
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 1 hr They eat people 81
Glass and blood in hotel was O.J. trying to set... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,469
More from around the web