Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#649462 Aug 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://norml.org/library/item/marijuana-and-d...
The study you cited it worded... strangely. 27% of all seriously injured drivers tested positive for weed... this does not take into account whether or not the "stoned" driver was actually responsible for the crash. It also does not take into account whether or not weed was the *only* drug present in their system. All of the available evidence shows that driving drunk is far, far more dangerous than driving while high, but either way, the relative danger of driving while impaired on certain drugs is completely irrelevant. No one should ever drive while intoxicated by a substance which impairs their driving. Which drug is more dangerous than which with regards to driving is a pointless question - driving while impaired is a crime, and that is the point where drug use crosses over from vice into criminal act, and it should be punished as such.
When one enters a drug program they do not start testing for marijuana for 3-4 weeks because that is how long one can still test positive for it. So if I take a couple hits and three weeks later some drunk crashes into my car I will test positive for marijuana.

LSD can not be tested for. You can be in a drug program and use it every weekend and they would never know.

Location hidden

#649463 Aug 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have to worry about the American Elite anyways...
As yes, what George Bush calls his "haves and have mores". These are the people who help their friends become billionaires while destroying the middle class. One percent of the American population owns 90% of its wealth. All because of unjust laws passed in congress. If you can get Congress to pass laws in your favor that eliminate your competition you will never become a billionaire.

And the poor stupid people who support these elected officials who make them poorer each and every year.

Location hidden

#649464 Aug 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>More river dancing. There is no evidence for the birth of any Jesus. Nazareth didn't exist in the First Century. You're celebrating nonsense, which, after all, is the major theme in your life.
RR is a master at using his deeply held beliefs as if they were facts.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#649465 Aug 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing that the pew warmers would fall for such a ruse.
I am kinda interested in all that naked prancing Jesus did with Lazarus, sounds kinda gay to me. Not that there is anything wrong with gay, there is not, but Christians would have a pretty difficult time justifying their homophobia if Jesus was gay.
at that time and culture it was unusual to be a 30something year old unmarried male.

the bible makes it quite plain that he is gay

"the disciple whom he loved best"

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#649466 Aug 5, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Why lie?
I can't stand it when people try to purposely mislead fellow Americans, for nothing more than to push their own agenda.
Obama made them do NOTHING.
The ONE class got together and decided THEMSELVES to sing ""red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama.".....how is that bad?
Do you HONESTLY think Obama "made" them do it? LOL
Children choosing to sing the praises of the leader of the country!
Why doesn’t this horrify me?
I am not against singing christmas carols in school, and I'm also not against when school children sang a song praising Laura Bush.
When I was a kid I wasn’t always a big fan of the sitting president, but I did understand that he was my president too.
Snow Bunny! Where have you been?

You have upset the omnipotent Double Fine

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#649467 Aug 5, 2013
http://www.michaeljournal.org/simma.htm

Interesting article, even though I don't subscribe to any organized religion. The lady made some insightful insights.

Location hidden

#649468 Aug 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously did a lot of drugs, too much in fact, in your youth. You are a classic burn out of the 60's and 70's. Your brain quit developing after then,
Speed limits allow for some reaction time to escape accidents, both in urban areas and the wide open spaces. Change lanes on an urban expressway with some clown threading through multi-lane traffic doing 80, or even with some stupid motorcyclist running up between lanes. Do 120 in the desert with an antelope jumping out in front of you, or you get hit by a sudden strong wind gust from the side. Or that 50 mph curve with black ice on it at 70.
You are an irresponsible drug burnout advocating anarchy and disrespect for social restraints. Totally out of touch with reality, which you claim the majority of people are. That is part of your pathology. You should really be locked up.
And that proves there is a God? LOL, it only proves that you love attacking people and telling lies. What is it with you Republicans that you want people to believe your lies? Why do you refuse to deal with reality?

And as far as drugs are concerned [but not the ones the Government approves of]enough is alright but too much is just fine.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#649469 Aug 5, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, you are a fair employer .
Turning a blind eye to you're stoned staff just goes to show how fair and reasonable you truly are.
You don't know what you're talking about.....and it's none of your concern.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#649470 Aug 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And that proves there is a God? LOL, it only proves that you love attacking people and telling lies. What is it with you Republicans that you want people to believe your lies? Why do you refuse to deal with reality?
And as far as drugs are concerned [but not the ones the Government approves of]enough is alright but too much is just fine.
You are a bona fide nut case, complete with drool splattering rants. Obsessive/compulsive and totally incapable of seeing anything but your way.

You are irrational. For all the world to see. And yet you believe you are uttering "the truth".

Location hidden

#649471 Aug 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Nice rant about a person thru a third party. I'm working with other Church members at Loaves and Fishes this week here in Sac, maybe you and Hug face can come down and spit your hate at those evil Christians. That is all you seem to be worth. The bottom line is that i always question you and when given an explanation, you move on to the next McKinsey point, you live for Dennis. He is your savior, my savior is alive. Yours is dead! Big difference.
I only deal with Christians who advocate violating the rights of others and who refuse to mind their own business. People are 50% good and 50% bad. And when a Christian is good for that 50% it is not because of Christianity but in spite of it. I have lots of relatives who self identify as Christian, most of them are pretty decent people, but they don't preach at family gatherings when someone pops a beer or when the teens go out back and take a few tokes.

What you do not realize is that I do not correct Christians who keep their beliefs to themselves, I correct Christians like yourself who make insane comments like you just did about your saviour being alive.

Jesus, if he ever existed and there is no proof he ever did, died 2,000 years ago. If you want to believe that silly story go ahead I do not care but when you tell it to me and claim it is fact then you have to be prepared for me to reply with facts showing you are wrong.

I have mentioned my gay cousin before and how his parents constantly tortured him with the Bible. That is one of the reasons I joined the Biblical Errancy Panel in the first place; to get right back into your face with the truth about your mythology and its stupid beliefs.

His parents are just as intolerant of biblical facts as you are. They refuse to do what Jesus tells them to do just like you do. They also do not take the Bible seriously except where it condemns homosexuality.

To most Christians there are only 6 verses out of the 33,000 in the Bible worth repeating and those are the 6 anti-gay verses. I quote the other 33,000 and you don't like it. Now you know what gay people go through each and every day. How do you like it?

Location hidden

#649472 Aug 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.english-online.at/news-articles/wo...
What happened?
Your prior restraints were religion and family based.
Exactly as I predicted, a pew warmer did find an online article about drinking in Italy. You pew warmers are so predictable! Obviously!
----------
From the link: Drinking alcohol has been spreading among Italian youngsters RECENTLY. A report that was published LAST MONTH shows that 42% of all boys and 18% of girls under 18 are binge drinkers, especially on weekends.
About 1.5 million young Italians between 11 and 24 are in danger of becoming alcoholics. Italians who are treated for alcoholism has gone up in the past 10 years to 60,000 , about 0.1% of the population.
For A LONG TIME Italians have been a nation of people who enjoyed their glass of wine when they ate out at a restaurant. Getting drunk in public has been a shameful event, especially for women. Today traditional wine bars and cafes are being replaced by British-style pubs.
----------

Your article actually supports what I have been saying. What you fail to realize is that American influences have spread into Italy and the Italians are adopting the bad habits of Americans. I capitalized the important words in the article, words like: Recently, last month, and for a long time.

Anyway some countries have passed laws against the American influence, limiting the amount of American music that can be broadcast, for instance. I do not think that is the way to handle the situation.

So what is your beef? Did you just want to try and hurt me like you are hurt when you see the truth about your Bible for the first time?

Location hidden

#649473 Aug 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now let's move to the modern, current world: Italy battles youth drinking problem But there are worries this binge-drinking culture has made its way to Italy. And it is the young Italians doing the drinking.
Walking through the piazzas in Rome, behind the backdrop of historic sites such as the Pantheon or the Trevi fountain, the pubs and cocktail bars could be mistaken for those in any city around Britain.
One pub on the edge of the square in Campo de Fiori has colourful signs outside, enticing people in with three-for-two offers.
And a few metres down a cobbled alleyway, the next pub boasts cheap cocktails and super strength shots.
"I drink because I work all week and on Saturday and Sunday I like to drink," said 21-year-old Federico, who lives in the city.
"I can drink five, six, seven, eight, nine or 10 in a night."
New generation
America has a very strong influence in the world. The world is changing because of this influence and do you think alcoholism is a change for the better?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#649474 Aug 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously did a lot of drugs, too much in fact, in your youth. You are a classic burn out of the 60's and 70's. Your brain quit developing after then,
Speed limits allow for some reaction time to escape accidents, both in urban areas and the wide open spaces. Change lanes on an urban expressway with some clown threading through multi-lane traffic doing 80, or even with some stupid motorcyclist running up between lanes. Do 120 in the desert with an antelope jumping out in front of you, or you get hit by a sudden strong wind gust from the side. Or that 50 mph curve with black ice on it at 70.
You are an irresponsible drug burnout advocating anarchy and disrespect for social restraints. Totally out of touch with reality, which you claim the majority of people are. That is part of your pathology. You should really be locked up.
In the words of our resident atheist reverend:

You just nailed his hide to the wall.

Good job.

Location hidden

#649475 Aug 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now let's move to the modern,
Compare the 0.1% of the Italian population who abuse alcohol to the American population:

Almost half of Americans aged 12 or older reported being current drinkers of alcohol in the 2001 survey (48.3 percent). This translates to an estimated 109 million people.

Both the rate of alcohol use and the number of drinkers increased from 2000, when 104 million, or 46.6 percent, of people aged 12 or older reported drinking in the past 30 days.

Approximately one fifth (20.5 percent) of persons aged 12 or older participated in binge drinking at least once in the 30 days prior to the survey. Although the number of current drinkers increased between 2000 and 2001, the number of those reporting binge drinking did not change significantly.

Heavy drinking was reported by 5.7 percent of the population aged 12 or older, or 12.9 million people. These 2001 estimates are similar to the 2000 estimates.

The prevalence of current alcohol use in 2001 increased with increasing age for youths, from 2.6 percent at age 12 to a peak of 67.5 percent for persons 21 years old. Unlike prevalence patterns observed for cigarettes and illicit drugs, current alcohol use remained steady among older age groups. For people aged 21 to 25 and those aged 26 to 34, the rates of current alcohol use in 2001 were 64.3 and 59.9 percent, respectively. The prevalence of alcohol use was slightly lower for persons in their 40s. Past month drinking was reported by 45.6 percent of respondents aged 60 to 64, and 33.0 percent of persons 65 or older (Figure 3.1).

The highest prevalence of both binge and heavy drinking in 2001 was for young adults aged 18 to 25, with the peak rate occurring at age 21. The rate of binge drinking was 38.7 percent for young adults and 48.2 percent at age 21. Heavy alcohol use was reported by 13.6 percent of persons aged 18 to 25, and by 17.8 percent of persons aged 21. Binge and heavy alcohol use rates decreased faster with increasing age than did rates of past month alcohol use. While 55.2 percent of the population aged 45 to 49 in 2001 were current drinkers, 19.1 percent of persons within this age range binge drank and 5.4 percent drank heavily (Figure 3.1). Binge and heavy drinking were relatively rare among people aged 65 or older, with reported rates of 5.8 and 1.4 percent, respectively.

Among youths aged 12 to 17, an estimated 17.3 percent used alcohol in the month prior to the survey interview. This rate was higher than the rate of youth alcohol use reported in 2000 (16.4 percent). Of all youths, 10.6 percent were binge drinkers, and 2.5 percent were heavy drinkers. These are roughly the same percentages as those reported in 2000 (10.4 and 2.6 percent, respectively).

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#649476 Aug 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't smoke in your home, or in your car if you have a passenger.
It's my home. It's my car.

Location hidden

#649477 Aug 5, 2013
"""Almost half of Americans aged 12 or older reported being current drinkers of alcohol in the 2001 survey (48.3 percent). This translates to an estimated 109 million people."""

----------

The law says you can't drink alcohol until you are 21. Those who believe laws work and change behaviour and people obey them, need to take a good look at those 109 million Americans. Facts are tough to deal with aren't they!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#649478 Aug 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Timn wrote:
"I believe all legal actors (judges, juries, prosecutors, etc) are allowed to "nullify" a law (refuse to enforce it) if they believe that it should not exist, if they believe that the mandatory sentence is unduly harsh, or if they believe that breaking the law in a particular case was the morally right thing to do (like a guy driving recklessly to get a dying person to the hospital). I could be wrong though.
I know for a fact that the concept of jury nullification exists, but I'm not too sure if it applies to judges."
The concept of "nullification" is usually applied to juries, when they believe a defendant is guilty under the law, but feel that for some reason the defendant sould not be convicted: The law is wrong; the defendant acted with a worthy motive; the punishment would be too harsh.
A prosecutor may elect not to prosecute, or to charge a person with a lesser offense, but this is not "nullification," it's the exercise of prosecutorial discretion in his/her decision to prosecute.
A judge is bound by the law (and by the concept of stare decisis), and it is considered improper for one to refuse to apply it. A judge takes an oath to enforce the law and the Constitution, and it is a violation of the law if s/he refuses to do so. Often, a judge will make a statement that s/he considers the law to be wrong, or the punishment too harsh, while acknowledging s/he has a duty to apply it.
Mucho gracias, señor.

Location hidden

#649479 Aug 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
but apparently Providence has it that you read it and responded without disagreeing - how cool is that!;)
I see, you just wanted to irritate me. OK my turn:

GOD DEGRADES DEFORMED PEOPLE: In Lev. 21:16-23 God said to Moses, "Say to Aaron:'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the Lord by fire. He has a defect.... because of this defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary...." (Lev. 21:16:23).

GOD PUNISHES BASTARDS FOR BEING ILLEGITIMATE: Deut. 23:2 says, "A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."

GOD PUNISHES MANY FOR THE ACTS OF ONE: "...for the Lord had closed up every womb in Abimelech's household because of Abraham's wife Sarah" (Gen. 20:18). "When David saw the angel who was striking down the people, he said to the Lord,'I am the one who has sinned and done wrong. These are but sheep. What have they done? Let your hand fall upon me and my family" (2 Sam. 24:17). "To the woman he said,'I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children" (Gen. 3:16). Also note Joshua 7:24-26.

GOD PUNISHES CHILDREN FOR THEIR FATHERS' SINS: "...visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation" (Ex. 34:7). "...for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the 3rd and 4th generation of them that hate me...." (Ex. 20:5, Deut. 5:9). "It came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle" (Ex. 12:29). See also: Deut. 23:2, Num. 14:33, Gen. 17:14, and Gen. 9:22-25.

GOD PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM HEARING HIS WORDS: "Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed" (Isa. 6:10). "So you see God is kind to some just because he wants to be, and he makes some refuse to listen" (Rom. 9:18). "This is why I speak to them in parables: Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving" (Matt. 13:13-14). See also: John 12:39-40, Mark 4:10-12, and Luke 8:9-10.

GOD SUPPORTS HUMAN SACRIFICE: Ex. 22:29-30 says, "Do not hold back offerings from your granaries or your vats. You must give me the firstborn of your sons. Do the same with your cattle and your sheep. Let them stay with their mothers for 7 days, but give them to me on the 8th day." And Lev. 27:28-29 says, "Nothing that a man owns and devotes to the Lord--whether man or animal or family land--may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the Lord. No person devoted to destruction may be ransomed; he must be put to death." He also permitted human sacrifice according to Ezek. 20:26, which says, "I let them become defiled through their gifts--the sacrifice of every firstborn--that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the Lord."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#649480 Aug 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In America, December 25th is a national holiday.
It's called "Christmas". There is no evaluating other religions on that day."Recently" is what I was referring to.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/ke...
The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors
by Kersey Graves
Order the TruthSeeker paperback now for $16.00
Order the Frontline paperback now for $16.16
Order the Kessinger paperback now for $29.95
Read it again.

This time, pay close attention to the first two words...

Location hidden

#649481 Aug 5, 2013
The Truth is Known wrote:
Religion is the practice of training the mind to ignore evidence, logic, and reason, and believe in fairytales based on faith alone then feeling pride instead of shame.
Good one! Nicely said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Thinking 64,636
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min HipGnosis 183,220
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min mpetershat 654,425
Jessica Fellers in Clinton TN 29 min Newport30 1
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 43 min Hyunkle 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 44 min MUQ2 45,288
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 50 min MUQ2 504
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr Banonator 106,610
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,954
More from around the web