Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#649411 Aug 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ludicrous. What "available evidence," you loon? A simple correlation? Ignoring the fact that prayer is not forbade in schools, I can use your logic to prove that global warming is caused by declining levels of pirates.
It's not a simple correlation, it's massive and detailed.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#649412 Aug 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe all legal actors (judges, juries, prosecutors, etc) are allowed to "nullify" a law (refuse to enforce it) if they believe that it should not exist, if they believe that the mandatory sentence is unduly harsh, or if they believe that breaking the law in a particular case was the morally right thing to do (like a guy driving recklessly to get a dying person to the hospital). I could be wrong though.
I know for a fact that the concept of jury nullification exists, but I'm not too sure if it applies to judges.
Catcher? Is timn correct?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#649413 Aug 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt TT is one of them. He's just profoundly gullible and apparently doesn't like Israel.
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Israel, either, especially their repulsive treatment of Syria and Palestine, but I'm not going to become a history denier for it.
Being a Mick, I'm a bit amjbivalent about that whole mess myself - who's the underdog again?But that doesn't make me deny history, either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#649414 Aug 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
You mean respecting the beliefs of others sucks? Imagine if one day atheists become the majority here, would you like it if we appropriated an entire season and you were constantly greeted with "merry dawkins day" and the like? Of course, we would only have to appeal to tradition to justify this nonsense, because infringing on the rights of others is Ok if you've been doing it for long enough.
Personally, I don't think merry christmas is offensive, but I can understand why someone might not want to be bombarded by the trappings of a religion they don't belong to. I don't understand why christians seem to have such a problem with switching to "happy holidays."
Merry Dawkins Day! Lol. If that really happened, of course I wouldn't like it. But that's the way the country goes sometimes.

The majority of Americans, religious and non-religious, enjoy the federally approved holiday known as Christmas.

If some one doesn't like Christmas, oh well. It's one of our many holidays and people need to just accept that.

You think I give a royal rats ass about St Patrick's Day or Cinco De Mayo? I don't. I don't care about them and I don't celebrate them.

But I enjoy seeing other people happy. And when I see strangers grilling up their carne asada or drinkin their green beer - I see them smiling.

And that makes me smile.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#649415 Aug 5, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
holocaust history project, history1900, historyplace, jewishvirtual library. These are the common websites.
How do you know they are genuine? Do you run these websites? Huge bodies of text, with no photographic evidence. I asked you simply, where are the documents? Where can the documents even be found? Even much of that they don't inform us.
And there is no need to be vulgar simply because I do not believe everything that you believe in. That is like a holocaust fundie attitude.
"No photographic evidence"?

ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR PEA-PICKIN' MIND???

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#649416 Aug 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You condemned an entire nation.
No you confuse my lack of specificness if I said Germany or German people it meant the NAZI party, but not even all of them were entirely guilty, I think I've made it abundantly clear the SS specifically are the guilty, they held everyone in fear. Even some of the SS were driven by fear, but to become that is guilt by association. Once the SS was in place , if you defied them YOU TOO would go to the showers and die like the others. The film touches that aspect a little. Probably not enough though, fear of dieing will make you do bad things, nobody wants to die. Except the suicidal I mean. I have German friends I do not condemn them for what the SS did to them.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#649417 Aug 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mischaracterizing my argument.
That's dishonest, TT. One more strike against you.
I'm starting to think Mac is right.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#649418 Aug 5, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
RR's good ol' days...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FqdTBDkUEEQXX
Bet RR's heart aches for how badly "Smokin' Joe Camel" was treated after years of loyal service to the brand... too.
Poor RR.
Can't force others to breathe his smokey exhalations and non-sequestered clouds of chemical concoction anytime he feels the need to light-up... not like he could in the good ol' days.
=(
Do you watch many movies? I have noticed that many of them are nothing but 90 minute cigarette commercials. They know that kids feel awkward and are unsure of themselves and when they see someone good looking and famous, a star of the screen, they want to imitate that person falsely believing that if they copy the behaviour every one will like them, and think of them as cool, like they think of the movie stars. It is criminal.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#649419 Aug 5, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Enabling the quote feature must be to dificult for you. The fact Hitler was christianed does not make him Christian but possibly a member of a church. Your prejudice has blinded you so as you are unable to understand what Christianity is even in theory. You seem to think as long as a person undergos some sort of ceremony in youth they can do whatever they want including murder of mentally challenged, mentally ill as useless eaters and commit the most terrible atrocities and still be Christian. A bit of God talk for propaganda purposes does not make one Christian. His invasion of Poland which was mostly Catholic. The locking up and murder or Priests, nuns etc. Totally innocent, not to mention Polish intellectuals targeted and executed in mass is no problem for you in your definition of what constitutes being Christian. Then you call me butt brain?
Why do you come across as such a condescending moron? Is it because you are a condescending moron? Having said that, perhaps thinking is difficult for you.

Don’t talk such utter BS, It is not your place to decide who is and who is not christian. There are people with considerably more clout in the christian world than you who have shied away from such a statement. Hitler was NEVER excommunicated nor condemned by his church, in fact the Church considered him “avenging for God” in attacking the Jews for they deemed the Semites the killers of Jesus. Just because it hurts your view of what christianity is does not mean a damn thing.

Hitler worked CLOSELY with Pope Pius in catholicising German sosciety and supporting the church. The Church absorbed Nazi ideals and preached them as part of their sermons in turn Hitler placed Catholic teachings in public education.

What has ceremony got to do with it? I am talking about his lifelong actions as a christian. However you want to talk about murder and genocide, yes of course it is the biblical way, the way taught by your god and your god book so there is nothing against your belief (well certainly nothing that has not been claimed of your god).

And I see you are confusing what Hitler thought good for his christian country with what you believe was anti religious, you confusion is born of you inability to accept facts.

The locking up and murdering of priests and nuns who contradicted and even fought against his belief in his country (I believe that under similar circumstances you would today call it terrorism, so no, not innocent). He was the head of state, In Germany the church is/was not a political body, they had no right to attempt to countermand and teach against the rightful and “elected” head of state. As for the murders of the Polish, it was war, in war people are killed, nothing to do with religion, this was politics. Again you may not like that, I don’t like it for different reasons, that is that I hate violence (and murder) in any form. It really does not matter to me whether it’s someone doing it for their belief of god, or their country or someone doing because they are just a nasty b*stard.

FYI, I have been on the receiving end of christian terrorism so don’t attempt to ram you ignorant good christian act on me. Christians kill just as indiscriminately as any one else who has the desire to kill.

Location hidden

#649420 Aug 5, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>I love this post!
Thank you. But just watch, our resident pew warmers will argue til the death their divorced from reality positions.

When I say I want to make America and the world safer for us all I advocate that which can bring it about, when the pew warmer argues for his beliefs he cares not if they are divorced from reality, he believes them and falsely believes that that belief makes them true. It doesn't.

Location hidden

#649421 Aug 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Naturally, the law itself, literally speaking, cannot protect people, but, laws are made up as we go along (evolve socially) in order to set guidelines or "rules" for each of us to live by; thereby in a sense of the word, protecting us all from each other.
A simple example is the person who is speeding in their car. If, for any given situation, there is a "law" or "rule", stop and fully consider how NOT obeying the rule might negatively impact or hurt another person. Then reverse the situation and consider that YOU might be that person.
You are, in addition to a religious apologist an apologist for our Government. You believe every lie they have handed you. If ever there was a good example as to why we need a separation between education and government this is it.

Name one person who does not drive over the speed limit or under the speed limit. Posting signs along side the road with numbers painted on them do not change the speed at which drivers drive. They allow the state a chance to make lots of money via speeding tickets. If laws worked there would be no need for law enforcement. The fact that cops and prisons exist is proof you are wrong.

Plenty of people speed down the road and never have an accident and never endanger the lives of others.

You need to do a lot of research before you post your beliefs because your beliefs are not in line with facts.

Location hidden

#649422 Aug 5, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan's got a knack for submitting lovable posts.
Why, thank you all. I am sure our resident Pew Warmers will disagree with you since I have burst their "God wrote the Bible" bubble. All you have to do is quote the Bible to a Christian and the game is over. Even if they are as intentionally stupid like RR is who then follows the script from 'HOW TO THINK LIKE A FUNDIE'.

Location hidden

#649423 Aug 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Same conversation. Face it, Christian, you were caught lying, as usual. Now you are deflecting away from your lie, which is also patently dishonest. I guess when your entire world view is based on one of the biggest lies ever told, you have no choice but to be a liar yourself. It sucks to suck.
Ricardofire is showing us that he not only believes everything his mamma told him about Jesus but he believes everything our government has told him to believe. I think that is how Hitler got started.

The bottom line here is that the only way RicardoFire is going to help himself is to begin questioning everything he has been told and in the future stop believing everything he is told.

Even really simple things like going into a restaurant and being told the steak isn't very good but the fish is excellent. Human beings just believe what we are told. How many guys will go home and confront their wives if one of their co-workers tells them she is having an affair? Then if she is she denies it and he believes her then goes back to work and punches the co-worker. On and on the madness continues.

Until people stop believing everything they are told the world will spin in madness.

Location hidden

#649424 Aug 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, but, I can't get any if these idiots who claim gun laws don't work admit that they are inconsistent on the issue when it comes to other laws.
There is something pig-headed about the pew warmers. They exist at a lower level of consciousness than normal people and that prevents them from questioning everything they are told. Mostly they are here to defend their religion which is under attack from all sides. They are not here to be reasonable, or to think and use logic.

They have beliefs and they insist a belief is like a fact if you hold it deeply enough. They continue to present their deeply held, inconsistent beliefs as facts and are not intelligent enough to see the contradictions in their believing. You might just as well try to get a cat to act like a dog.

Until they stop believing what they are told, and insisting to others it is true and can not be any other way, they have no hope at all.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#649425 Aug 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Same conversation. Face it, Christian, you were caught lying, as usual. Now you are deflecting away from your lie, which is also patently dishonest. I guess when your entire world view is based on one of the biggest lies ever told, you have no choice but to be a liar yourself. It sucks to suck.
No it wasn't idiot. I mentioned the death pentaly because the atheist Rev was bragging about low crime in Japan which enforces it. Then you jumped in on a different conversation unrelated, and now you scramble to lie again. You were caught lying. You give atheism a bad name. Go jump back in the puddle of crud you came from.

Westcliffe, CO

#649426 Aug 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are, in addition to a religious apologist an apologist for our Government. You believe every lie they have handed you. If ever there was a good example as to why we need a separation between education and government this is it.
Name one person who does not drive over the speed limit or under the speed limit. Posting signs along side the road with numbers painted on them do not change the speed at which drivers drive. They allow the state a chance to make lots of money via speeding tickets. If laws worked there would be no need for law enforcement. The fact that cops and prisons exist is proof you are wrong.
Plenty of people speed down the road and never have an accident and never endanger the lives of others.
You need to do a lot of research before you post your beliefs because your beliefs are not in line with facts.
You obviously did a lot of drugs, too much in fact, in your youth. You are a classic burn out of the 60's and 70's. Your brain quit developing after then,

Speed limits allow for some reaction time to escape accidents, both in urban areas and the wide open spaces. Change lanes on an urban expressway with some clown threading through multi-lane traffic doing 80, or even with some stupid motorcyclist running up between lanes. Do 120 in the desert with an antelope jumping out in front of you, or you get hit by a sudden strong wind gust from the side. Or that 50 mph curve with black ice on it at 70.

You are an irresponsible drug burnout advocating anarchy and disrespect for social restraints. Totally out of touch with reality, which you claim the majority of people are. That is part of your pathology. You should really be locked up.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#649427 Aug 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I can't force others to smell my cigarettes??
HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
I do.
<quoted text>
I don't obey California's nanny state, sissy liberal smoking laws. I smoke at the beach. I smoke in front of a building. I smoke in my car. I smoke at parks.
I hope you don't smoke in your home, or in your car if you have a passenger.

Location hidden

#649428 Aug 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It should be on a sliding scale, like speeding. Driving at .08 is not like driving at .15.
In America we all have our own idea about how this should be handled. I am not sure I have the best solution. Personally I know drivers that while sober drive much worse than those who drive with .08 alcohol in their system. My immediate reaction is that no one should drive with any alcohol in their system, or any drug for that matter. Driving should be taken as a responsibility to safely get where one is going and not as a toy to have fun in.

Because so many parents refuse to raise their children expecting them to have been born knowing everything, their children often go wild at the first opportunity and that endangers everyone on the road.

I have mentioned that when we were in Italy that our relatives started their children drinking wine [50% water] when they were like 10 or 12 and that in America kids are not taught how to drink alcohol responsibly and first chance they get they abuse it and often get into trouble, maybe dead.

If you served your ten year old alcohol in America all the morally bankrupt divorced from reality people would want you put into prison for abusing your children, but their children turn 18 and steal a couple six packs from the local 7-11 and then drive 95 in a 25 and kill themselves and that is how it is supposed to be.

The Italians raise their children to be responsible with alcohol while too many Americans just let their children grow up, like weeds. When our Italian relatives visited us here in America their cousins wanted them to go out and get drunk with them. That was very confusing to our Italian cousins. Why get drunk?

Too many Americans always believe that America has the best way and that is just not true. The Italians are way ahead of American raising their children with alcohol and teaching them responsibility.

I am sure one of our resident pew warmers will go online and find some Italian who got drunk and killed someone in a car wreck. Like that makes what I am saying false.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#649429 Aug 5, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> 1) This is not an academic site. This is Topix. 2) The source does not matter if the information is correct. The Wiki article is footnoted. 3) You are no academic.
<quoted text> The article states no representative from Nazi Germany was present at the coronation of Pius XII.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_PiusXII_and...
Your above statement is not in dispute.
<quoted text> Not in dispute.
<quoted text> I never made that claim and that is why you are no academic. Such sloppy work is inexcusable.
<quoted text> Document that. I asked before and you did not comply. Everybody knew what Hitler was up to. The United States, Great Britain. They did nothing. It was only the Vatican which spoke out against Italian and German Fascism. The article cites the documents. All one has to do is click on to the documents to get a summary of the writings. Here is Pius XII Summi Pontificatus after Germany invaded Poland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summi_Pontificat...
There was no cordial relationship between Nazi Germany and the Vatican.
<quoted text> The Vatican knew about it. They did not back it.
But the information on wikipedia may or may be correct, it can be changedat the whim of any editor, there is no real way to know.

Who cares what the article states? It’s wikipedia

You made a statement in which you were incorrect about the start of the holocaust by 2 years, also you are American, therefore I took it that as so many Americans, you were ignoring the 3 years of the WW2 in which you weren’t involved. Note that this is not an academic site. This is Topix. Oh yes, you already have, hypocrite much?

As I recall you have asked for nothing of the sort. You have tried this lie before and failed and guess what, you have failed again.

The Vatican DID NOT speak out against Hitler, I will repeat and it is freely available on the internet. Hitler was NEVER excommunicated nor condemned by his church, in fact the Church considered him “avenging for God” in attacking the Jews for they deemed the Semites the killers of Jesus

Note that it was Britain who declared war on Hitler BEFORE he began his holocaust, Did nothing about it? You ignorant moron.

There was a cordial relationship between the Vatican and Hitler copy
http://www.google.co.uk/search... int5o google images

The Vatican backed Hitler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
http://americamagazine.org/issue/448/article/...
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2011/06/evidence-...
And then some academia
http://jcs.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/1/63...
http://hgs.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/2/31...
http://muse.jhu.edu/login...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#649430 Aug 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>

The bottom line here is that the only way RicardoFire is going to help himself is to begin questioning everything he has been told and in the future stop believing everything he is told.
Nice rant about a person thru a third party. I'm working with other Church members at Loaves and Fishes this week here in Sac, maybe you and Hug face can come down and spit your hate at those evil Christians. That is all you seem to be worth. The bottom line is that i always question you and when given an explanation, you move on to the next McKinsey point, you live for Dennis. He is your savior, my savior is alive. Yours is dead! Big difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min PadMark 675,949
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min nanoanomaly 110,961
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 36 min Gotti 305
Arkansas right for punishing heinous crimes 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,234
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 8 hr Wtf 1
News Trump invites Philippines Duterteto Washington,... 10 hr discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr AussieBobby 286,315
More from around the web