Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#648621 Aug 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Men don't have the ability to define any god. Especially 'fallible men'.
Interesting.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648622 Aug 2, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one little thing.
What evidence is their for your god, and is absent for say, the tooth fairy?
Or what evidence is their for a soul, but not for Santa?
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence too.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648623 Aug 2, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ! You are a bigger idiot.
You have an obsession with him, he has you wrapped around his little finger.
You just cannot help but feed his ego.
Congrats to RR !!
When I log on in the morning, it's nice to see that all the schmucks have been talking about me all night long...

LMAO!

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#648624 Aug 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you??? Geezes, no idea how I missed that. Could you link them again?
And also the "many historians" who now question the Holocaust, as you put it?
<quoted text>
Nah. We have a ton of evidence - a ridiculous amount of evidence - from the Holocaust. I would guess it's among the best documented attempted genocide history.
They weren't links. They were books:
Hitler's War by David Irving
After the Reich by Giles MacDonogh

These are just two of many. Some are extreme, like David Irving who is now a holocaust denier.

What does it mean to investigate and question the holocaust? The holocaust isn't a singular thing. There are numerous aspects of the holocaust. Many aspects are very well documented, while a few other aspects are just mythology.

The basics of the holocaust, that millions of Jews and other groups died in Nazi concentration camps, is well documented and undeniable.

But was it Nazi policy to experiment on humans? Was it Nazi policy to figure out what they can manufacture from human bodies, such as skin lampshades or soap? Did most people in the camps die from deliberate killing by Nazis, or was starvation and typhus the main factors? Was the starvation deliberate? Was Zyklon B intended for gassing humans from the get go, or was it intended for disinfection and then as a dark desperate measure to depopulate the camps?

These and a few other issues hold very little evidence. Some hold no evidence at all.

To lump everything up and put it in one holocaust bag and call it the truth is very irresponsible.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#648625 Aug 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Disprove love's existence.
I do not love you

you may take my word on that

Location hidden

#648626 Aug 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
make ready
christurd
Christurd, I like that. It sure describers our dishonest Christians doesn't it.

Location hidden

#648627 Aug 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
paranoid exactly like dave
Exactly! It is either his way or the highway. How is it said? Too many Chiefs not enough Indians?

So RR is Dave? This isn't going to turn into you posting his address and phone number is it?

Location hidden

#648628 Aug 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you [RR] strangely believe that ignorance supports your religious views?
I know, I know! Because that is what it takes to piss off the Atheists and annoy other secularists. He presents his ignorance because it is the best tool he has for wasting our time. Then he laughs at us for falling for it.

If he says 2+2=5, and you correct him, who is the bigger idiot?
Greens - tuf

Northmead, Australia

#648629 Aug 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"if you don't count Catholics"...
O_o
WTF?
lol.
I liked that one too.
That's like me saying " I would of won the Olympic Men's Marathon , if not for the other competitors"

Don't worry, atheism is on the decline too.
Because you know, once their dead their dead.
They won't be coming back, no more, no more, no more.
Hit the road Jackeism, don't come back, no more, no more , no more.
Greens - tuf

Northmead, Australia

#648630 Aug 2, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! It is either his way or the highway. How is it said? Too many Chiefs not enough Indians?
So RR is Dave? This isn't going to turn into you posting his address and phone number is it?
Ha, ha.
You just cannot control yourself.
You are obsessed with RR.
You are losing.

Location hidden

#648631 Aug 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you will not debate with him any more than you have with others on the thread.
He is correct, merely outspoken, you are a cheap apologist.
RR may be cheap, and a whole lot of other abominable things but he wins every time normal people tell him how much of an idiot he is. He just laughs at everyone who does argue with him, for being more stupid than he is for trying to have a decent honest conversation with him.

Would you try to reason with the kuku in a German Kuku clock because his chirping woke you up ever hour on the hour all night long? That is exactly what it is like when someone tries to reason with RR. Telling the kuku he is annoying has the same results as telling RR he is annoying.

Location hidden

#648632 Aug 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
yet the biblical comparison is to sexual love
If you are talking about God's favorite person King David you are exactly right.

2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"

Since David had tried both men and women he should know what his personal preference was.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#648633 Aug 2, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't links. They were books:
Hitler's War by David Irving
After the Reich by Giles MacDonogh
These are just two of many. Some are extreme, like David Irving who is now a holocaust denier.
What does it mean to investigate and question the holocaust? The holocaust isn't a singular thing. There are numerous aspects of the holocaust. Many aspects are very well documented, while a few other aspects are just mythology.
The basics of the holocaust, that millions of Jews and other groups died in Nazi concentration camps, is well documented and undeniable.
But was it Nazi policy to experiment on humans? Was it Nazi policy to figure out what they can manufacture from human bodies, such as skin lampshades or soap? Did most people in the camps die from deliberate killing by Nazis, or was starvation and typhus the main factors? Was the starvation deliberate? Was Zyklon B intended for gassing humans from the get go, or was it intended for disinfection and then as a dark desperate measure to depopulate the camps?
These and a few other issues hold very little evidence. Some hold no evidence at all.
To lump everything up and put it in one holocaust bag and call it the truth is very irresponsible.
Hitler's War by Dewy Cheetum
After the Reich by ander howe

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648635 Aug 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>After you just got done telling me that christianity does not engender an us vs them mentality among its followers.
So you actually don't believe that atheists should be considered citizens? Have you been having a bad few weeks RR? You've gotten consistently dumber and dumber with every post.
"One nation under god:" yeah, according to the pledge of allegiance which was modified during the red scare. Surely a logical point of reference to base your argument off.
Why do you worry so much about what I capitalize? I almost never capitalize proper nouns on here, it's a bad habit, but you take it as an insult. Go ahead and look through my posts.
What "war" are we waging? You mean the fabricated war that fox news drums up every once in a while to drive traffic? The one that they know will get all those tribal minded christians riled up? The only "war" being waged (and that is an incredibly inaccurate term) is an attempt to bring the country in line with the constitution.
Of course, you think that since christians are the majority, they get to pick and choose which parts of the constitution they follow. Don't you? After all, you ended your post with the incredibly inane "christians are the majority and atheists are the minority." What's that supposed to mean?
Yup.

No, I don't think that. Atheists are citizens.

There's more to "One Nation Under God" than you know.

It was weird, that's all. To capitalize 'war' but not 'Christmas'... You wrote "the War on christmas".

The 'war' on Christmas is where the damn atheists bitch n whine about a Nativity scene or a "Jesus is the reason..," billboard. Christmas is a national holiday that has been recognized by Americans as long as there's been a USA. And some of you folks are now butt hurt by it at want to change it. To what? "December 25th; Nondenominational Holiday?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648636 Aug 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:

Of course, you think that since christians are the majority, they get to pick and choose which parts of the constitution they follow. Don't you? After all, you ended your post with the incredibly inane "christians are the majority and atheists are the minority." What's that supposed to mean?
No, that's not how I think.

Because your link said that Christians are a minority, so I didn't bother reading it. It's wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648637 Aug 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 19:6
Some versions say omnipotent.
Some say almighty.
Some say all powerful.
Is there a difference, in your mind, between those terms?
Of course they are different. Why would you think they're not?

Location hidden

#648638 Aug 2, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct, of course, about anti-marijuana lobbying by those you mention for the reasons you mention.
There was a time when I would have been all for it... but, to tell ya truth, I really couldn't care less if it's legalized or not. It doesn't make a freggin' bit of difference for recreational smokers. If one wants it, it's easy to get... and there's nothing lawmakers can do about it.
The days coming though. People are getting tired of stupid laws that attempt to prevent them from doing something more-or-less harmless, and that's actually beneficial in several ways... especially in a society where free-basing nicotine is perfectly acceptable, where one can walk into any convenience store or gas station and get a bottle of speed, and there's no need to mention Americans' favorite licitly imbibed drug by name.
Hummm... what am I forgetting?
Oh!
RR's and idiot.
When cops waste their time on peaceful pot smokers they take resources away from dealing with real criminals who violate the rights of others. Cops for the most part do not see this. They waste limited resources dealing with good kids drinking a couple of beers, or smoking some weed or even hookers making peaceful contracts with other consenting adults while murderers and thieves get ignored or reduced sentences because our prisons are full of non-violent pot smokers.

I want real criminals dealt with more than they are now and that is not going to happen when law enforcement and the criminal "justice" system wastes 50% of their resources harassing peaceful people who only want to mind their own business.

And yes RR is an idiot.

Location hidden

#648639 Aug 2, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several employees who partake on their breaks (they think I don't know). I can smell it on them, but I pretend I can't.
When they come back from their breaks, they're in a good mood and do their jobs.
It's a different story with drinkers. They become useless and sloppy.
What is their job, pastry testing? Just kidding. Personally I do not like being around drunks or stoners but if I had to be around one or the other I would chose the pot smokers in a heart beat.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648640 Aug 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What fall of America?
Look at these charts. Young, unwed girls getting knocked up, morality, violence and family stability have all gone up since 1961, when prayer was taken away from kids in schools.

And quality of education has gone down.

http://www.forerunner.com/forerunner/X0098_Ba...

Imagine that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648641 Aug 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
More like corruption of the elite, the shift of wealth from the middle classes to the rich, the erosion of America's manufacturing base, the export of American jobs (thereby transferring more wealth up), and so on.
Your suggestions are naive with regard to political and economic changes throughout American history and they're steeped in fear of the "other," centering on a white, male perspective. I am kind of shocked that you wrote the above, actually.
I'm guessing you feel like you're under continuous attack from atheists? Enough to blame political and economic transformations on them?
This kind of reasoning is like having the blinders on, RR. It prevents you from seeing the very real, complex problems facing America. Be very careful of going down the road of blaming the other - it prevents knowledge and freedom.
You deliberately avoided my question.

RR 1

Hiding 0

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 9 min Ricky F 53,937
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Bongo 71,041
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Phooey 658,881
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min onemale 283,030
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Ricky F 183,466
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Concerned Adult 445,536
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr Your Ex 260
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 6 hr gundee123 5,059
More from around the web