“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#648095 Aug 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying unteethed beaks don't make sense. Poor design then, no?
Good point! One has to love it when our resident moron for Christ [RR] shoots himself in the foot like that.

I wonder thought if RR isn't the best evidence against Intelligent Design.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#648096 Aug 1, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Did you know that Zebras that live on the African plains and savannas have thin stripes in order to blend into their surroundings, where the ones living in rocky mountainous areas have thicker stripes so as to blend into their surroundings?
Also , when you think about it , zebras don't really have "stripes". Their predominant colour is black , black is the actual colour pigmentation of the zebras coat. The parts of the zebras coat that does not have pigmentation appears as the "white stripes" and underbelly.
In Lincoln, CA, the high school mascot is a Zebra.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#648097 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
....should not poop with the door open.
http://www.google.com/imgres...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#648099 Aug 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> The beak on a Hyacinth Macaw is very impressive. They crack Brazil nuts easily.
Can they crack Christian nuts like you and RR?

“Listen to the sounds”

of your own extinction......

#648101 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do you a person has to be German to deny the Holocaust?
TT, I'll be brutally frank here; I had great respect for you at one time but that is no longer the case- not that it should matter to you and I don't expect it to and really don't care- just speaking my mind here.
From what I've read of your recent posts, you are trying to make excuses for the Holocaust and for Hitler, you are saying the reports of it were/are exaggerated, you're saying that while Hitler was no humanitarian- your word- and that's putting it lightly!- he was a great speak who really knew how to captivate an audience.
Would you like me to provide you with a list of people who are great speakers but who are not madmen or mass murderers or Nazis?
Did you know Hitler was a vegetarian and that he loved animals? Did you know he disapproved of cosmetics because they contained animal byproducts?
The above are often perceived as very admirable qualities,traits and feelings.
But how does any of that count against the unspeakably heinous atrocities Hitler was guilty of?
And the above are MUCH more admirable qualities than being able to excel at public speaking, for Pete's sake!
You've gone beyond simply walking a "slippery slope" here, TT- you've fallen over it and you should really try to dig in your heels to stop your fall.
Are you saying that I should not study about Hitler? I should not take an interest in that part of history? The less I learn about him the better?

Show me one place where I made excuses for the Holocaust? Show me one place where I implied the Jews had it coming. Show me one place where I implied we should "just give poor ol Hitler a break". Show me one place where I implied he is just some victim of circumstance. Show me one place were I implied "Hey! But he was a good speaker, so that kinda balances all the insane stuff!"

So far in this debate, we've had people try to excuse the Soviet rape of German women. I did not excuse any atrocity of the Germans, but the other party, in their fanatical desire demonize Nazis in the most absolute sense, have even gone so far as to excuse rape!

I do not appreciate you encouraging ignorance. Hitler is becoming like a supernatural mythical character in your mind, like Satan, where we should all just look away! Don't touch it, don't even look at it! It's evil! Just leave it at that!

This is how the facts become warped into a mythology and a dogma. You have no idea what a slippery slope you are on with this attitude.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#648102 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is short sighted, fearful of knowledge, and likely the cause of history repeating itself from time to time.
Go to the source you say! And then you provide a link to a Holocaust Museum in the U.S.. That's a bit far from where the holocaust happened.
We are talking thousands of Germans here, making this huge genocidal mistake, and they thought it was quite fine and infact noble and necessary. Do you know for sure that if you were in Germany at the time, you wouldn't have bought into Hitler's ideas? You think you could never be one of them? You think you could never be bluffed and brainwashed like how they were? That would be very naive.
If you are not aware of the chain of thought and don't feel the need to be aware, then you are simply at the mercy of life and who knows what life can make you become if you allow it in ignorance.
Oh man! And the entire South of the US thought slavery was "quite fine and in fact noble and necessary".

What IS your point?

That the masses ignorant and stupid and are easily led and easily duped and easily buy into that which is nothing short of unspeakably criminal and morally depraved?

Actually, I do NOT find it impressive that so many were swayed by Hitler.

I find it very depressing that people can be brainwashed and duped into finding "good" in that which abjectly evil.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648103 Aug 1, 2013
Damn! That the masses *are* ignorant.....

I knew I should have had a second cuppa Joe!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648105 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that Hitler was an excellent public speaker. Stating the obvious does not mean I am pro-Hitler. If he wasn't a good public speaker, the Germans wouldn't have been so mesmerized into fighting his war. His speeches are on youtube. You can watch it and see. The crowd was enthralled. They loved him. They bought every word he said.
Imagine if you could captivate audiences as well as Hitler could. You could get into politics, become highly influential and use your influence for good. He used it for all kinds of insane delusions and evil stuff, but you could use it for good. You can even use it to ensure fascism in all its form becomes very rare or extinct.
You're letting emotion get in the way of potentially very valuable lessons and information.
And yeah- Mussolini "made the trains run on time".

“Listen to the sounds”

of your own extinction......

#648106 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care that the crowd was enthralled or that they loved him.
That just means they were easily duped and may have shared or embraced some of the evil of Hitler.
No- you are making excuses and finding the "good" in Hitler and placing an inordinate amount of value on his ability to speak well to crowds which amounts to NOTHING on the "pro" side of Hitler's list when one looks at the "con" side of Hitler's list.
Also, that Hitler could speak well in public was a part of his personality and whatever "charisma" he may have possessed.
It is not just words that sway a crowd; it is also delivery and individual persona of the speaker.
You can't absorb someone else's personality traits, TT so I don't see that how Hitler having "mesmerized" audiences could be tapped into.
In other words, you either have it or you don't.
Hitler "had it"- I see no value in trying to imagine being able to captivate audiences the way Hitler did and using that as an example of a "good" point about Hitler.
I am not weighing pros and cons. You suspect I am, for some reason, but I'm not.

Do you actually think I'm sitting with a table writing. "Hmm, mass murderer, okay that's a con. Animal lover, that's a pro. Fascist, that's a con. Brilliant speaker, that's a pro."? Do you actually think I'm doing that, and then I'll weigh it and say "Hmm, yeah Hitler. He was alright overall."?

That's ridiculous

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#648107 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Reality is there will always be war. Even the Hawaiians ended up having war on their own people. How many wars are we in now? How are we morally bankrupt?
Humanity experiences war because of people like you RicardoFire. You are morally bankrupt because you claim to believe the Bible while in reality you do not believe it any more than I do. War happens because people like you exist in only their most mechanical parts and refuse to make efforts to evolve psychologically and perfect themselves. War happens because people replace reality with religion.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648109 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not weighing pros and cons. You suspect I am, for some reason, but I'm not.
Do you actually think I'm sitting with a table writing. "Hmm, mass murderer, okay that's a con. Animal lover, that's a pro. Fascist, that's a con. Brilliant speaker, that's a pro."? Do you actually think I'm doing that, and then I'll weigh it and say "Hmm, yeah Hitler. He was alright overall."?
That's ridiculous
No, I don't think you're doing that- what you are doing is saying that despite all the atrocities committed by Hitler you gotta hand it to the guy- he was a great public speaker!

Now THAT'S ridiculous!

Not to mention that you also obviously think those atrocities and the entire Holocaust are exaggerated.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648110 Aug 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanity experiences war because of people like you RicardoFire. You are morally bankrupt because you claim to believe the Bible while in reality you do not believe it any more than I do. War happens because people like you exist in only their most mechanical parts and refuse to make efforts to evolve psychologically and perfect themselves. War happens because people replace reality with religion.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
The bible is one of the most violent, gory and war-ridden books ever written.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#648111 Aug 1, 2013
jel a cee wrote:
<quoted text>If there is no God,who is this living in my soul?????
You assume facts not in evidence. If you had a soul it could be seen, weighed and measured, and so far there is no evidence for the existence of God.

I know you Christians like to believe that you are filled with the spirit of the Holy Ghost, however it should guide you into exemplary behaviour; how do you explain your sin to yourself?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#648112 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And they woke the sleeping dragon.
tsk, tsk, tsk...
You really are dense...

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Isoroko Yamamoto. Of course, this quote came from a movie and there is no evidence the Admiral ever composed the quote.

Sleeping dragon? Bwahahahaha.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#648113 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The ignorant arrogance that comes outta that man's mouth is incredible.
He's dead, twit. This post of your's is the height of irony. Ignorant arrogance is your wheelhouse. Besides, you agree with his stances on foreign policy which was a much larger part of his employ than religion was. Keep stepping in it, dimwit.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#648114 Aug 1, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Absolvo.
Probably didn't fly very well, but it flew.
23-foot wingspan? Just wow.
I would argue that point. A few years ago, a few students created a replica of Quetzecoatlus - an animal with a 33 foot wingspan. However, this was during the time we still believed Quetzecoatlus had a 50 foot wing span. Thus, the replica was created to that spec. It flew. So would Argentavis be able to fly? Methinks yes

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#648115 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>There are no perfect leaders. That's why we need to elect better leaders. Are you a little guy working for the government? Ask for a bigger chair.
Oh yeah, like that is going to work. Please go on TV and tell everyone to elect better leaders.

Our last four presidents have proven that abusing drugs leads to President of the United States. They all have had peaceful people who did exactly what they did, put into jail. What a bunch of hypocrites.

They smoke pot, get drunk abuse drugs and then when they become president they ask the DEA to go after people who did what they did.

These people are insane. I do not know who is more insane, those who run for public office or those who vote for them.

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#648116 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the films of people being executed? There are plenty films on execution by firing squad for key personnel. I haven't seen any actual Nazi footage of Nazi's ushering people into a gas chamber, throwing that nically .
Do you think they carried cell phones and recorded their murders in the 1940s, fool? You're a twisted little sort of person, aren't you?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#648117 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?
Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.
Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?
Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.
--- I agree with him, this is one nation under God.
At least, it used to be.
<quoted text>
O_o
Odd... You capitalized war but not Christmas.
You mean the war on Chrismas that atheists are waging?
<quoted text>
Christians are a majority, not a minority.
It was never one nation, under your invisible friend. Anti-communist hysteria added that line to the pledge. You Jesusrot Godbots need to spread your virus like zombies. That you don't see how weaslly-worded Bush-the Smarter-One's response is is quite telling.

There is no war on Xmas, twit. That's just another ploy by the Fascists to stir up the ignorati. I see it's working.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#648119 Aug 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hitler also believed the Jews to be inferior so you are factually incorrect. Inter breeding between Jews and Germans forbidden.
Hitler was really big on Christian Family Values. Some German women who married Jewish men were successful at getting their husbands returned home after they were arrested for being Jewish because it was destroying their family and the family was very important. I wonder if the Jew didn't have to pretend to be a Christian?

My uncle was arrested in America because he married a woman who was not white. I give the KKKristians credit for that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min guest 560,344
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min YellowPissreality 265,405
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 30 min Clear Dharma 39
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Epiphany2 605,307
Sariyer Samsung Servisi Telefon ( 299 15 34 2... 56 min sansungrete 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Johnny 4,871
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 37,843
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web