Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#648513 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't you be like David and love Aura the way David loved Jonathan?
Because David loves me the way he loves five small smooth stones.
We just work together nicely to get too the real objective.
Home safe and sound. The strength of David hurls me to the enemys death. You know "team work".

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#648514 Aug 1, 2013
"Why can't you prove God doesn't exist until I prove that He does?"

If you are so stupid that you have to ask you do not deserve an answer.

The offer still stands.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#648515 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not most likely. In fact, it's far from likely.
"surpassing the love of a woman" is not a sexual connotation. It simply means that their brotherly/soldierly love was not a physical thing.
you say some stupid things, but this one is a prize.

The reason to compare the love to that of a woman is to give it sexual context, otherwise it might be compared to the love of a parent or a sibling or a god.

I hope you are not being paid for your apologetics dave

Location hidden

#648516 Aug 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans are born with their sexuality..."
alas, once again we arrive at the point of contention for most of the God-haters on these threads......sigh.....
be as freaky as ya wanna be, gay dude, nobody is hating you for it here! only don't try to turn our shared world into the rubble which became sodom and gomorrah or we're gonna hafta fight it out in the political arena and courts of law......
make ready

christurd

Location hidden

#648517 Aug 1, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
"When religion becomes a personal individual struggle with ones weaknesses and faults while attempting to transform them into their positives"
Sounds good when you're typing it, I'm sure. But you are literally calling from the human dream of spirituality to be restricted to nothing more than a 'rational' self-help process.
That is tyrannical and fascist, and you masturbating an unrealistic fantasy. People will continue to believe in gods, spirits, ghosts, etc. They will talk about their beliefs in the appropriate forums and other people will agree and they will form groups.
Organized religion is immortal. And it will continually reference irrational beings and rules of conduct for living to anything else. It's how people fill in the eternal gaps of human knowledge, that will always be present. In a way "Religion" is the Darkness that exists beyond the edge of Science's "Light". Not to say one is good or the other bad, but that Science will never and can never illuminate everything. In those shadowy recesses, religion, gods, spirits, strange lifestyles will be invoked, and you cannot stop this process without lobotomizing everyone.
Some of those recesses are older than 10,000 years, and a few of those don't even attract western science's attention or interest at all, thus allowing a permanent gap for a spirituality to exist within it's confines.
They are that old because they reference the immortal existence of the recesses itself, a recess that is indestructible. That recess, is the question "Why something, rather than nothing?"
Science can never answer that. Ever. We will go extinct long before even a glimmer of hope appears for answering it, and "Religion" as you call it, will consistently dwell within the safety of it's walls.
"But the word religion today has nothing but bad associations. It means people who get together in groups to organize to force other people to behave in certain ways and to say they believe certain things."
I want to break this down. First of all, people getting in groups together to organize their religious beliefs/form of worship is not wrong. However, yes, people organizing to force other people to behave in certain ways and believe certain things IS definitely wrong.
There is nothing against "sharing", but this assault you speak of, I have seen it, and it is very immoral as it is an attack on another human being's mental sovereignty over their own lives. We must counter that and champion the freedom of the will in every human being.
paranoid exactly like dave

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#648518 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Knowledge of the brain"... HA HA HA !!!!!
We've only barely begin to scratch the surface of how the brain really works. There's so much more that we DON'T know than we DO know about the brain.
Why do you strangely believe that ignorance supports your religious views?

Location hidden

#648519 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then debate me, you coward.
Stop with the copy/paste lame insults and TRY to have a conversation.
you will not debate with him any more than you have with others on the thread.

He is correct, merely outspoken, you are a cheap apologist.

Location hidden

#648520 Aug 1, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen groups of people amend their differences. I don't agree that it is impossible, but the way people are right now, completely self-absorbed, yes, it is impossible -now-.
I advocate the raising of the human consciousness, personally. The right people, in the right place, have to infiltrate the media and stop this bloodthirsty idiot machine from creating any more idiots, lol. Champion critical, free thought, and champion the cause of humane ethics in general, and do it long enough to produce a change in human consciousness overall.
paranoid word salad

Location hidden

#648521 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what that scripture means. It's not about a physical, sexual love. It's about brotherly, soldierly love and respect.
I'm done with this convo. You can have the last word.
yet the biblical comparison is to sexual love

Location hidden

#648522 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Would it be safe to say that when the atheist like the Arizona coward need healthcare that they refuse it if it has any connection to organized religion? And if the Doctor or Nurse is NOT a believer in the puddle of crud theory that they refuse treatment?
very few educated people are religious.

not to worry

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#648523 Aug 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
very few educated people are religious.
not to worry
LOL

Location hidden

#648524 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But that wasn't my point. My point was that Rev Dahmer posted that those were God's words when they weren't, they were Jeremiah's.
As usual, he lied.
sure

the bible is full of god's lies

Location hidden

#648525 Aug 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR makes Buck seem honest by comparison.
ahh

exactly no difference

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#648526 Aug 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, but the marijuana industry can't hop in bed with our elected officials like the giant pharmaceutical companies, alcohol producers and tobacco companies do, who support keeping marijuana illegal so as to stifle the competition they would have with legal marijuana. This is proof that our government gives favors and passes laws for special interests. Our elected officials make RR look sane by comparison.
RR is probably more trustworthy and easier to deal with than just about all of our elected officials.
You're correct, of course, about anti-marijuana lobbying by those you mention for the reasons you mention.

There was a time when I would have been all for it... but, to tell ya truth, I really couldn't care less if it's legalized or not. It doesn't make a freggin' bit of difference for recreational smokers. If one wants it, it's easy to get... and there's nothing lawmakers can do about it.

The days coming though. People are getting tired of stupid laws that attempt to prevent them from doing something more-or-less harmless, and that's actually beneficial in several ways... especially in a society where free-basing nicotine is perfectly acceptable, where one can walk into any convenience store or gas station and get a bottle of speed, and there's no need to mention Americans' favorite licitly imbibed drug by name.

Hummm... what am I forgetting?

Oh!

RR's and idiot.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#648527 Aug 1, 2013
/and/an/

G'night

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#648528 Aug 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Those black mamba's are revengeful and deadly. You have what, like one change in a thousand of surviving the bite? And they will seek you out to bite you if you make too much noise and bother them. In Australia I saw one try to attack a lawn mower. The lawn mower fought back and the snake lost. I saw one bite a cane toad and the snake died!
Anyway, I digress.
Aspirin kills 5 people every year in America when taken exactly as prescribed.
What really pisses me off though are cops who spend an entire shift trying to entrap peaceful pot smokers, then to celebrate, they go to the local pizza shop to smoke cigarettes and drink beer. I saw that on COPS on Fox last week.
I was in a pizza shop in San Rafael once and this cop started talking to me about drugs as he was smoking a cigarette. I told him that second hand smoke was deadly and that I considered him guilty of attempted murder. He just walked away, didn't say a word, I thought he would read me the riot act.
Where I live there has been one murder in ten years. Some kids broke into a guys marijuana yard and he had alarms, one went off and he went out with his gun and shot and killed one of the would be thieves. One thing I know for sure is that that dead kid won't be stealing any more pot. His friends who got away might think twice about it.
I have several employees who partake on their breaks (they think I don't know). I can smell it on them, but I pretend I can't.

When they come back from their breaks, they're in a good mood and do their jobs.

It's a different story with drinkers. They become useless and sloppy.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648529 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
State of confusion for you.
D.C. means District of Columbia.
Washington D.C. does not belong to a specific state, it is between Maryland and Virginia.
No shiite, Sherlock. That was the point, dipstick.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648530 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right 100% here, and it doesn't bother me one damn bit to say it. As we may disagree 90% of the time there is a total agreement on at least one.
I've not committed myself but can tell you there are highlanders by the hundreds and the thousands even tens of thousands and millions who will stand up against any breech of the second amendment and they do feel that the simple words
"shall not be infringed" actually mean something that no one sane can even try to deny as a freeman and patriot to these states we so decree united. Take away "OUR" stipulations to this agreement.
And there is no agreement, but there is a fight and beware of it.
Because freedom has a stain of the blood of patriots/
You have a sickness, Batman.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648531 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be thought that space flight was impossible.
We beat that impossibility.
It is currently thought that faster-than-light travel is impossible.
Maybe we'll beat that one, too.
Gods are still disappearing. Your's is next unfortunately, we are stuck with Islam. Their ignorati is worse than your ignorati.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648533 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it that you're saying Christianity plays no (or very little) role in the happiness and success of American society.
So then, tell me why it's suck a huge coincidence that as soon as atheists started their agendas and successfully got God and the Bible and prayer removed from schools in the 60's, why did America start to decline?
It's one of three things:
1. The removal of God.
2. Freedom for blacks.
3. Voting rights of women.
Those are the three main, huge changes that occurred in the 60's and 70's. one of them is the culprit for the start of the fall of America.
Which one do you think it is?
America got better, idiot. It didn't decline.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 14 min Goku Black the Vi... 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 36 min Gotti 88,640
The REAL reason TWA Flight 800 broke in half 54 min bohart 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Rosesz 703,878
How to a approach a top foreign dating coach? 8 hr ramon40 1
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 9 hr Rocky 15
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 9 hr carlvei3 1