Prove there's a god.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648377 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and you are saying the articles are lying including a quote by the spokesperson for the ATF. The truth is background checks don't cover people who will commit a crime, only those who have.
Comprehensive, universal background checks is gun registration and unconstitutional and unenforceable. We already have comprehensive background checks. But who says that what 90% want you?
The same person who denies that the ATF said Ferguson passed the background check? Pffft Liberals
Gun registration is not unConstitutional.

Hawaii and DC require registration of ALL firearms.

California, CT, HI, MD require registration of 50 cal and pre-ban "assault" rifles.

Louisiana requires some gun registration.

See DC vs Heller to see how ridiculously wrong you are, Batman.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648378 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why do you believe that?
Because anything with an effect is testable. I see you river danced around the rest of it, especially in light of your misrepresentation of my position. Care for a gum ball?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648379 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. I said that Christianity gains 2.5 million new adherants each year and you fired back with only American Christians.
Your games ain't workin...
Actually, I answered both in America and the world, but you are still misrepresenting the numbers. Worldwide, the percentage has stayed steady at 32%, but not if you delete Catholics. Of course the numbers are higher, the world population grows exponentially. But, as a percentage, there has been no change. In First World countries, Christianity is dying.

Why must you continually lie and river dance?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#648380 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the super strict gun laws in California? They haven't done a bit of good, as California has the highest rate of gun crime in the country.
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the gun laws so much that is the issue; the issue is how very much the background checks are lacking.
Not having a CRIMINAL history does NOT necessarily mean one will be a responsible gun owner or will never wrongly use their gun.
Without an IN-DEPTH psychological and emotional evaluation and background check, guns will continue to be handed out like gum drops.
So do you think that all gun laws we have now are pretty much useless?

You'd seriously condone a government controlled psych check to purchase a gun?

Would you condone the same to have a child or buy a home?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648381 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You maybe right but it doesn't matter because background checks will never work anyway. Most of the spree shooters lately have obtained them legally anyway.
Well, yes, but why have any laws on any books, at all then?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#648383 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't write that the article lied, I wrote that it was a misnomer. It was just a residency check, that was the "background check" in California at the time. He already had a criminal recorded and a discipline record. He would have failed a comprehensive, universal background check.
Why must you clowns always lie about another's position, Batman?
February 1992, Ferguson was arrested and charged with harassing a woman on a subway.

That isn't enough to disqualify him , nor is anything else he did prior to the shooting.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648384 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I watched mission control as Niel Armstrong stepped on the moon, and a guy was smoking a cig in mission control. Guns were everywhere and this country was great. Two generations later this country pretty much sucks, we and especially our kids as well as the States importing anybody the last 40 years have ruined it.
The country was great for blacks? For women's. for the poor? You have a twisted view of reality. Things are actually getting better. They would even be better if our elected officials weren't fapping corporations to our detriment, if clowns like Reagan didn't aid and abet WalMart to take most manufacturing to China.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648385 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic a lil, but you know what I find really f_cked up about Ferguson? The fact that he was a mooch immigrant that was so focused on racism, it drove him insane. He bought that gun with welfare money. Pisses me off.
You didn't read his history that well, did you. He was raised a child of priveledge until the death of his father. Yeah, he was a nut. He should not have been able to get a gun. Like that gun, he obtained residency status legally. He was mentally ill, but we stopped treating the mentally ill in the early 1980s.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648386 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you nuts? I have a batman cartoon picture, that doesn't make me think anything. Maybe you think I'm batman hahahah!
You're a cartoon alright, Batman.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#648387 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the super strict gun laws in California? They haven't done a bit of good, as California has the highest rate of gun crime in the country.
<quoted text>
Ask me your moronic last question when children and houses can be used as lethal weapons and when children and houses come to be for that main purpose.

What I do is CONDEMN a government that allows guns to be purchased like gum drops at the corner candy store.

Do I think the gun laws we have now are pretty much useless?

YES. Nothing more than smoke and mirrors for the most part- just a stupid and silly dog and pony act.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648388 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>example?
Every war ever, including our last two.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#648389 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Gun registration is not unConstitutional.
Hawaii and DC require registration of ALL firearms.
California, CT, HI, MD require registration of 50 cal and pre-ban "assault" rifles.
Louisiana requires some gun registration.
See DC vs Heller to see how ridiculously wrong you are, Batman.
Now you have gone stupid.

"District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home and within federal enclaves."

Registration within a state is constitutional.
A national registration violates the second amendment.

BTW I'm not going to argue about this anymore , we will never see it the same. Nor will we ever agree your ideas will work at doing anything besides further destroying this country.

But I will leave you with some of my satire.

In the Church of the Mighty Gun.

For it is written , every man tremble before a Priest of the Mighty Gun.

We put our god high on the wall and praise it , In the Church of The Mighty Gun.

Have you hugged your Tank today?

Let no man say the Gun hold malice , for the Gun hath no evil in it's heart.

The Gun brings Liberty and Justice Let it's sound awaken thee , to the tears over another mans corpse.

I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM GUN!

You said the Gun killed thee ,but surely you mistook what was the aim of a marksman Priest, in the Church of the Mighty Gun.

Remember the sabbath day, to make all targets holey.

Blessed is the man who hath bullets to spare.

Surely the Lord deliever you unto me, not unlike swiss cheese.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648390 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Probably...
Maybe...
Might've...
So I conclude it as fact..."
You sure do sound like a scientist.
Probably. Nice river dance. Again.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648391 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> Hispanics are figured into the "white" category by most stats. I hope you didn't check again, nobody is arguing how Blacks got here before 1965. Does that mean they have a pass to commit crime at a higher rate? The question is whether Mexico's Expanding Economy Reaching All The Population? I Doubt it. And do we see the illegal Mexicans running back across the border? Then why are our prisons here in California full of Illegal Mexicans? It cost our State 1 Billion a year to house these wonderful immigrants in our prisons.
Another clown that misrepresents other's positions. You people are insane.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648392 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet- stop writing to me.
Talk about not becoming- that's the same word that came to MY mind to describe your behavior and posts on this particular topic.
And comparing ME to RR and HIS style? Gee- I guess I can also compare YOU to RR as behaving as somewhat of an idiot yourself.
I asked you several times to DROP this, but whatever obsession you have with it won't allow you to.
Since I am NOT obsessed about this, I'LL now drop it for once and for all so feel free to get in the last word- RR likes to do that too.
Geesh!
I thought you always admitted when you were wrong. You created about 15 strawmen and attacked them. That is wrong.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648393 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity in America is slowly going down, yes. But thoughout the world, Christianity is, and has always been, steadily rising.
• At slightly less than 2 billion, Christianity makes up about a third of the world population and approximately the same as the two next largest religions combined; Islam and Hinduism. Christianity is also the only religion represented in all 238 surveyed countries.
• The largest religion (Christianity) is aprox. 68% larger than the second largest religion (Islam) and 246% larger than the third largest religion (Hinduism).
• The nine smallest religions combined have fewer adherents than the third largest (Hinduism).
• And the eight smallest religions combined have fewer adherents than the fourth largest (Buddhism).
• The combined adherents of the three primary Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, makes up approximately 52.8%(3,202,240,666 persons) of the total population - more than half. Some times also Sikhism and the Bahá'í faith are counted as Abrahamic religions, in which case that number will be slightly higher.
• Non-religious people and people belonging to religions not part of the 12 world religions makes up slightly less than 27%. A smaller number than the largest religion, Christianity, but larger than the second largest religion, Islam.
fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.html
Christians have been steadily about 33% of the world's population for the last 100 years.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648394 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>yeah- you CAN be sure about that.
And be sure about this- because as much as I like your views and enjoy reading your posts- you're getting on my last nerve right now.
Peace OUT.
Oh, boo hoo. Stop misrepresenting my positions, RR. This is an anonymous discussion forum. How,could you allow it to make you upset. Go get some air.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#648395 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And have you ANY idea that many job requirements call for those same psych checks that you obviously think are wrong?

"Three Different Types of Psychological Testing Used in the Workplace
by Chirantan Basu, Demand Media

Private and public sector companies often conduct psychological tests for candidates, usually for full-time employment. Jobs that require high-level security clearances from government agencies may require psychological assessments by trained professionals. Employees have certain rights with respect to psychological tests, such as the right to know the purpose of the tests and the results. Psychological tests may assess an employee's general aptitude, intelligence and personality."

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/three-differen...
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648396 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG- you didn't say that but why are you so stuck on whether or not Ferguson had a background check?
And I am NOT skimming and so I don't have to START reading- I've read your posts in their entirety.
Look- let's just end this conversation now, okay?
It's getting irritating and it's starting to get a bit nasty and I see no reason for either as I am quite sure we are on the same side of the issue of ordinary citizens being able to walk around armed.
I have yet to get nasty. Once again, you're prevaricating.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648398 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.....no I am NOT blinding myself with anything- cut the crap, please- nor am I trying to "win" anything.
And there is NO obsession with the VA (NOT VT) shooter- I was simply pointing out that he went through the prerequisite background check when he sought to legally purchase his guns.
What's up with you today, Huh?
And If, if, if.....the POINT is Ferguson was able to purchase his guns under the laws as they stood at the time.
And he would still be able to if it was TODAY instead of 1993.
That is because the background checks STILL suck.
So for the LAST time- because it is YOU who is getting obsessive here- the question is not whether Ferguson, the VA shooter or the Aurora shooter went through background checks; the POINT is that even if they did, the checks are a JOKE.
Pedantic? VA, VT, who gives a rat's ass? But, silly you, wrong again. It was on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic University, more commonly known as VT. Sheez, people, get a grip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min Wolfs Song 618,427
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Regina 641,761
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min spider1954 38,454
Hi, Sweetie......EYE will ALWAYS """"LOVE YOU''... 6 min Doctor REALITY 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min good true observa... 44,415
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 15 min andet1987 202
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Toby 104,736
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 4,150
More from around the web