Prove there's a god.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#648345 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You're missing the point. The danger of the religion is in how it is abused in war. Our invisible friend told us to attack them.
example?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#648346 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity in America is slowly going down, yes. But thoughout the world, Christianity is, and has always been, steadily rising.
• At slightly less than 2 billion, Christianity makes up about a third of the world population and approximately the same as the two next largest religions combined; Islam and Hinduism. Christianity is also the only religion represented in all 238 surveyed countries.
• The largest religion (Christianity) is aprox. 68% larger than the second largest religion (Islam) and 246% larger than the third largest religion (Hinduism).
• The nine smallest religions combined have fewer adherents than the third largest (Hinduism).
• And the eight smallest religions combined have fewer adherents than the fourth largest (Buddhism).
• The combined adherents of the three primary Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, makes up approximately 52.8%(3,202,240,666 persons) of the total population - more than half. Some times also Sikhism and the Bahá'í faith are counted as Abrahamic religions, in which case that number will be slightly higher.
• Non-religious people and people belonging to religions not part of the 12 world religions makes up slightly less than 27%. A smaller number than the largest religion, Christianity, but larger than the second largest religion, Islam.
fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.html
See? You're all about your agenda, RR.

When something suits your agenda- such as trying to prove Christianity being on the rise- you're all up in what is taking place in other countries that you really don't give a rat's Aunt Fanny about.

But gee- all of a sudden, what is taking place in countries other than the USA becomes of paramount importance to you.

Too funny!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648347 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a child.
LOL!! You post a 100% IMPOTENT "come back" and accuse ME of being a child.

YOUR statement about testing souls was not only childish, but delusional and just downright STUPID.

I provided the examples I did to show YOU how childish YOU are.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#648348 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And to re-post my first response to this post of yours in order to add to it:
Right- so using as what passes as LOGIC for YOU (see how subjective logic is?) then:
So because we haven't figured out how to test for pink unicorns, they don't exist?
So because we haven't figured out how to test for the tooth fairy, it doesn't exist?
So because we haven't figured out how to test for geese that lay golden eggs, they don't exist?
That's right- we haven't figured out how to test for any of the above because we already know that the above do NOT exist so why would any tests be invented to test for that which is already known to NOT exist?
Nobody's gonna try to test for a childish fairy tale.

You can keep your golden eggs, unicorns and tooth fairies dreams right next to your santa claus dream.
In the case of a soul- that is a 100% RELIGIOUS belief and is a part of religious dogma.
It isn't 100% religious....
Science won't be bothered- and shouldn't be- to test for that which is based on nothing more than religious beliefs with no basis in fact.
As I've said, it's a damn good thing you're no scientist.
If you think science should devise a means to test for a soul, then LOGIC would dictate you think science should devise a means to test for unicorns, tooth fairies and geese who lay golden eggs.
No it wouldn't.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#648349 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Said the man who thinks he is Batman.
What? Are you nuts? I have a batman cartoon picture, that doesn't make me think anything. Maybe you think I'm batman hahahah!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648350 Aug 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Things that once were considered 'impossible", only became possible witht he effort of the human mind and actions by a human.
Not once have we had an impossible happening occur without those key components.
Unless you have something that is. Do you? Please post the link to this occurrence.
Well, der.... Only things humans consider impossible can a human make possible...

What are you getting at?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648351 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Why do we have any laws at all if they don't work?
Hellifiknow

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648352 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a child.
But NOTHING childish about YOU saying:

Because we haven't figured out how to test for souls that means they don't exist?

Why would such "logic" not apply to the below examples I gave you?

It would, if what passes as logic for YOU wasn't wholly ILLOGICAL, you silly little man CHILD.

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Right- so using as what passes as LOGIC for YOU (see how subjective logic is?) then:
So because we haven't figured out how to test for pink unicorns, they don't exist?
So because we haven't figured out how to test for the tooth fairy, it doesn't exist?
So because we haven't figured out how to test for geese that lay golden eggs, they don't exist?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648353 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>They don't do psychological background checks- that's part of what's wrong with people being able to legally buy guns- not having a clue as to their psychological or emotional stability.
Whether or not Ferguson had a criminal history, RR WAS right about that- he DID legally purchase his gun.
"Ferguson legally purchased the handgun at Turner's Outdoorsman, a California sporting goods store. To purchase the handgun, Ferguson had to show proof of residency. After having acquired a California driver's license using the address of the motel where he was staying, Ferguson passed the background check and waited the mandatory 15 days before picking up his gun."
http://www.vpc.org/studies/wgun931207.htm
Off topic a lil, but you know what I find really f_cked up about Ferguson? The fact that he was a mooch immigrant that was so focused on racism, it drove him insane. He bought that gun with welfare money. Pisses me off.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#648354 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The Virginia Tech shooter didn't steal his guns.
The Virginia Tech shooter was an atheist that hated Christians like many here: His parents became members of a local Christian church, and Cho himself was raised as a member of the religion, although he "railed against his parents' strong Christian faith." According to one report, Cho Seung-Hui had left a note in his dormitory which contains a rant referencing Christianity and denigrating "rich kids." He stated that "Thanks to you I died like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and defenseless people."

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#648355 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why are YOU?
You're arguing with the wrong person, Huh.
I am the first one to say- and have said- that what is currently required in a background check is a JOKE.
And all that IS required right now is a very perfunctory check of one's past criminal history when it is a psychological background check that is needed and even then- no guarantees, but it would be a helluva lot more responsible than the nothing background checks currently required.
You keep insisting that this, that and the other one didn't have to go through background checks.
Ferguson DID. The Virginia Tech shooter DID.
That the background checks are a joke doesn't change the fact that under the current laws (or the laws at the time they legally purchased their guns) they DID pass the background checks.
That's all I'm saying in addition to saying that is simply proof of how much of a JOKE the background checks were/are.
Peace.
I watched mission control as Niel Armstrong stepped on the moon, and a guy was smoking a cig in mission control. Guns were everywhere and this country was great. Two generations later this country pretty much sucks, we and especially our kids as well as the States importing anybody the last 40 years have ruined it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648356 Aug 1, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
A omnipotent god incapable of performing some things is not logical.
Omnipotence and omniscience applied to the same being is not logical.
"Almighty"<, not omnipotent. There's a difference.

If God was truly omnipotent, I'd agree with you.

But since there are things He cannot do, that negates any chance of omnipotence.

Put the KJV down.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648357 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nice dodge, 24/7. Read it an weep.
"an"?

LMAO!

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#648358 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, he passed a residency check, not a comprehensive, universal background check. Colorado only now requires background checks after Batman Holmes and only for private sales, Batman Mytha. I never once mentioned the clown at VT. We should just eliminate all laws.
You maybe right but it doesn't matter because background checks will never work anyway. Most of the spree shooters lately have obtained them legally anyway.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648359 Aug 1, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
The poster to which you responded to with your "challenge" didn't claim there is no god or that it could be proven to not exist.
"Prove there's a god.
Come on and do it"

That sounds like a childish game to me. You?
Why did you feel the need to make the challenge when your god hasn't been proven to exist in the first place?
God has been proven. Not to you, but He has to me.

Your love for your mom has not been proven....
Your hands have not been proven...
Hell, OCB's cat hasn't been proven....
Why is it another's burden to prove to you that it doesn't exist?
Why do you continuosly dodge the challenge?

I don't care if you've ever said there is no god or not, you're claim that God has never been proven speaks for itself.

Prove there's not a god.
Come on and do it.
Don't quote science books or anything
Just prove there's no god.
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#648360 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> The Virginia Tech shooter was an atheist that hated Christians like many here: His parents became members of a local Christian church, and Cho himself was raised as a member of the religion, although he "railed against his parents' strong Christian faith." According to one report, Cho Seung-Hui had left a note in his dormitory which contains a rant referencing Christianity and denigrating "rich kids." He stated that "Thanks to you I died like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and defenseless people."
That's a lied! What you think Most likely he been bully because he of his skin color and he's small geeky and easily pick on ...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648361 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Writes the king of the misrepresentation dodge.
Bullshit. I said that Christianity gains 2.5 million new adherants each year and you fired back with only American Christians.

Your games ain't workin...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648362 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Find a post where I make that claim, you prevaricating putz. We have no evidence for a god or gods so there is no reason to believe in any of the million gods invented by men.
Look at it this way. There are two possible scenarios. A god or no god. I have a jar of gum balls. I tell you that the jar contains an even amount of gum balls. Do you believe me? No, you have no reason to until I provide evidence that the amount is even. Now, does that mean that the amount is automatically odd? No. Either the amount of gum balls are even or odd, but, without evidence either way, neither assertion can be made. I have no reason to believe a god exists. Empirical naturalism is the only method for which we have enriched our lives. Now, the gum balls can be tested empirically. If a god had any effect on a natural world, it could be tested empirically as well. Until you can demonstrate the existence of any gods, the position that it is unprovable is the only one to have, just like the gum balls. So far, we have done nothing but shrink the gaps all these one million gods used to be stuffed into.
Now, if you describe the exact nature of your god, I can easily disprove it, but, so far you have only river danced around that.
Huh wrote:
If a god had any effect on a natural world, it could be tested empirically as well.
Why do you believe that?
G_O_D

Laconia, NH

#648363 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> The Virginia Tech shooter was an atheist that hated Christians like many here: His parents became members of a local Christian church, and Cho himself was raised as a member of the religion, although he "railed against his parents' strong Christian faith." According to one report, Cho Seung-Hui had left a note in his dormitory which contains a rant referencing Christianity and denigrating "rich kids." He stated that "Thanks to you I died like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and defenseless people."
I'm not a Christian hater, I am a Christian myself. Did y'all notice that all these tragedies were all done by someone who had most ties to other countries? Like 9/11 and the Boston Bombing?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#648364 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Almighty"<, not omnipotent. There's a difference.
If God was truly omnipotent, I'd agree with you.
But since there are things He cannot do, that negates any chance of omnipotence.
Put the KJV down.
What's the difference between 'almighty' and 'omnipotent'?

Got definitions for me?

What's wrong with the KJV?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,928
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,684
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min kent 668,045
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 46,047
Rogythil.com is Dedicated to Providing Revelati... 53 min richardjhons 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 27
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 1 hr Jay 34
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 286,112
More from around the web