Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#648071 Aug 1, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, although Agrentavis did come up.
The Terrabird lived in Nirth America. A giant flightless bird with a mean mother of a beak. Makes anything today look puny by comparison. A singke jab woukd have been enough to kill a horse
Sure.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Various Phorushacidae...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#648072 Aug 1, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait, my mistake. I eferred to Argentavis in my last line. Apologies.
Yeah, 7m wing span. Magnificent Argentine Bird
Absolvo.

Probably didn't fly very well, but it flew.

23-foot wingspan? Just wow.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#648073 Aug 1, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a reason not to.
Are you saying something along the lines of "Anything is possible."?
Anything IS possible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648074 Aug 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not a scientist, but a religious nut. So...what do you hope to accomplish by posting the above?
It's just another "nothing naturally & magically poofed itself into something" joke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648075 Aug 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean why Japan attacked the US?
The Emperor was stupid and immoral is the easy answer. Japan had beaten Russia in war, wanted to discard the racist notions of white people, and were power and money hungry, new to modern technology. They failed to grasp the industrial powerhouse that was the US.
And they woke the sleeping dragon.

tsk, tsk, tsk...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648076 Aug 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I want to buy that one, too. Have you watched any Hitchen's speeches? No better speaker.
The ignorant arrogance that comes outta that man's mouth is incredible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648077 Aug 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
He who lives in a glass house....
....should not poop with the door open.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#648078 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I have presented in a previous post to you:
"My sources are Hitler's War, and After the Reich. You can google them. The author of Hitler's War, David Irving, is quite a quack, a complete holocaust denier. But he is the only one who managed to interview the last remaining members of Hitler's inner circle. I don't think anyone knows more about Hitler than he does.
You need to ask yourself, why do many of these historians deny the standard holocaust tale that the rest of us are taught to believe. If anything, they should be the most ardent believers of each aspect of holocaust. But the truth is, what we have been taught is part fact, soaked in sensationalist nonsense. I don't believe everything these guys say, but there are many things about the standard story that are just too ridiculous to believe."
On the other hand, there is Deborah Lipstadt, who offers a rebuttal of these works.
Good points on either side. One cannot simply pick only one side.

You sure know how to pick your authors, here is what is said about them.

"In After the Reich, Giles MacDonogh intends to "reframe" the history of World War II and its aftermath.

Never losing sight of his goal to expose the brutality of the Allied occupation, he tars all four Allies' acts and policies equally and with the same brush. In his eagerness he depicts the deprivations caused by non-fraternization and denazification practices in the Western zones as the moral equivalents to the rape, torture, and beatings occurring in the Soviet zone. In the end, the author willingly sacrifices sound scholarship and historical accuracy to his desire to shock his audience."

http://muse.jhu.edu/login...

21 Jul 2001: The discredited historian of the Third Reich, David Irving, may face bankruptcy after the court of appeal yesterday rejected his application to appeal against a libel trial ruling branding him a racist Holocaust denier who deliberately distorted historical facts.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/irving

It appears you picked two well known to distort the truth authors to base your opinion on, who are both Nazi sympathizers.
Are you a freaking Nazi too?

BTW Hitler gave the SS free reins , but they enforced HIS commands and they held an Iron Grip on the German people. He even through the Reichtag elevated the SS's powers above civilian authorities
and immune to prosecution, literally making it legal for them to do anything and answer to no one. The people feared the SS those who even voiced protest to them , simply disappeared to the same concentration camps so many were put to death at.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648079 Aug 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. In theory, no. In practice, definitely. This isn't even a debate.
"I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God."
Papa Bush.
Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?

Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?

Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

--- I agree with him, this is one nation under God.

At least, it used to be.
The War on christmas nonsense.

O_o

Odd... You capitalized war but not Christmas.

You mean the war on Chrismas that atheists are waging?
Awww, the "hated christians" vs. the modern, homo loving world:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/05/when...
More examples necessary?
Christians are a majority, not a minority.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#648080 Aug 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are not an expert. There is actual history and counterfeit history and it sounds like you are trying to make the counterfeit equal to the actual. You need to cite credentialed historians. Most of what you print is nothing more than revisionism. <quoted text> They were sub humans as were Poles. <quoted text> Hitler needed villains, real or imagined and the Jews fell into that category. The Jews were no real factor in the loss of WW1. The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. You claim Germany lost WW1 because of economic boycotts, Jews controlled banking,(bizarre!) You need more than a schizo accusation, straight out of Mein Kampf, to prove your claim.
<quoted text> Poles killing off Germans? More contrived garbage. Hitler set up the invasion of Poland by creating a crisis out of thin air.
<quoted text> You are creating a phantom. I don't know anybody who thinks WW2 was fought for the your reasons stated.
Of course you won't know anyone. History is a set of lies agreed upon by the victors. Where do you get your history from? From American, British or French schooling, or one of the numerous allied countries today?

Have you ever asked yourself, how balanced and credible are your sources of history? Have you ever looked at the other side of the coin? Or do you just dismiss the other side as all nonsense?

Don't you know of the numerous banking systems controlled by the Zionists? Most Jews aren't Zionists by the way.
Greens - tuf

Kurnell, Australia

#648081 Aug 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only partially correct. The stripes work in Africa's heat. As the heat waves bounce off the plains, the pattern on zebras becomes hard to focus on. So individual animals also confuse predators.
Did you know that Zebras that live on the African plains and savannas have thin stripes in order to blend into their surroundings, where the ones living in rocky mountainous areas have thicker stripes so as to blend into their surroundings?

Also , when you think about it , zebras don't really have "stripes". Their predominant colour is black , black is the actual colour pigmentation of the zebras coat. The parts of the zebras coat that does not have pigmentation appears as the "white stripes" and underbelly.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#648082 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you won't know anyone. History is a set of lies agreed upon by the victors. Where do you get your history from? From American, British or French schooling, or one of the numerous allied countries today?
Have you ever asked yourself, how balanced and credible are your sources of history? Have you ever looked at the other side of the coin? Or do you just dismiss the other side as all nonsense?
Don't you know of the numerous banking systems controlled by the Zionists? Most Jews aren't Zionists by the way.
We don't usually consider the murderers POV unless they are admitting to the crime. But yes we can try to understand why they did these things, at our own peril. Like the detective trying to get inside the perpetrators mind, but it's a dangerous thing to do.
If you want some history of the Holocaust , go to the source.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php...

“Listen to the sounds”

#648083 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure know how to pick your authors, here is what is said about them.
"In After the Reich, Giles MacDonogh intends to "reframe" the history of World War II and its aftermath.
Never losing sight of his goal to expose the brutality of the Allied occupation, he tars all four Allies' acts and policies equally and with the same brush. In his eagerness he depicts the deprivations caused by non-fraternization and denazification practices in the Western zones as the moral equivalents to the rape, torture, and beatings occurring in the Soviet zone. In the end, the author willingly sacrifices sound scholarship and historical accuracy to his desire to shock his audience."
http://muse.jhu.edu/login...
21 Jul 2001: The discredited historian of the Third Reich, David Irving, may face bankruptcy after the court of appeal yesterday rejected his application to appeal against a libel trial ruling branding him a racist Holocaust denier who deliberately distorted historical facts.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/irving
It appears you picked two well known to distort the truth authors to base your opinion on, who are both Nazi sympathizers.
Are you a freaking Nazi too?
BTW Hitler gave the SS free reins , but they enforced HIS commands and they held an Iron Grip on the German people. He even through the Reichtag elevated the SS's powers above civilian authorities
and immune to prosecution, literally making it legal for them to do anything and answer to no one. The people feared the SS those who even voiced protest to them , simply disappeared to the same concentration camps so many were put to death at.
I am well aware of the credentials of these guys, and for the most part they are quacks. But you cannot dismiss all their claims. Certain things have been found to be distorted, but not everything. And much of it is eyewitness accounts.

Aren't you curious to find out why these people, many of whom are not German and have nothing to gain for their views, and in fact more to lose, disbelieve in many aspects of the holocaust? David Irving interviewed members of Hitlers inner circle. That is more than what the popularist historians did. He could have written all kinds of fanciful pro zionist and pro ally stuff and gotten rich, but instead they present other evidence.

Why do you and others here deal in absolutes? For you, it's either I must believe everything the Allies and Zionists feed us, or be branded as Nazi's and holocaust denier. This is like a George Bush "you're either with us or against us" mentality. The holocaust is undeniable. There are numerous survivor testimonies. All of them can't be lying, so it must be true. But the sensationalist claims, now that's uncalled for.

That is how history becomes mythology. Start with the truth, then keep inflating and inflating it, and eventually it becomes so ridiculous, people throw the whole thing out. That's a very dangerous game to play.
Greens - tuf

Kurnell, Australia

#648084 Aug 1, 2013
Zebras "stripes" are caused because of a genetic process called selective pigmentation.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#648085 Aug 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet it is smarter than you, too.
Those large South American macaws can kill cats and small dogs. The beak on a Hyacinth Macaw is very impressive. They crack Brazil nuts easily.
He's definitely smarter than you.

Location hidden

#648086 Aug 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I think to myself that you [rr] can't really be this stupid, you prove me wrong.
RR loves all the attention we all are giving him, he thrives on this attention and he knows he gets more of it the more stupid he is. He has developed stupid practically to an art form, he is a master at being stupid, and all for his self-loving egos.

I have to ask though, how stupid does that make those of us who, knowing that he is stupid, dishonest, deceitful, deceptive and an arch liar, continue to reply to him like he can be reasoned with?

I live near a state hospital. Our tax dollars keep the ground in a pristine park like condition; beautiful flowers, manicured lawns, like the criminally insane and the retarded reprobates would ever notice. Anyway some of the 'residents' are taken out on the grounds for walks and to sit in the sun. Many local residents like to walk through the grounds because they really are beautiful. Sometimes a local resident encounters a resident of the hospital and it is really difficult for the local resident because of how defective and retarded the hospital resident behaves. There is one 'resident'[patient really] who will tell you to go screw yourself with out a clue what he is saying; he simple heard one of the staff say it and is repeating it like a parrot repeats human words he hears often enough.

Many local residents take great offense that they are told to screw off by this patient and several times he has been assaulted because of his bad behaviour. Those of us who know about this either tell him to have a nice day or completely ignore him and just keep walking.

Nothing can be done with this Retarded Reprobate and I am suggesting here that nothing can be done with RR. He thrives on his negative popularity as it seems it is the only attention he gets. I question if we want to continue feeding RR's sickness and depravity.

I try to remember to only use him to post biblical problems for other believes who can read and understand what a contradiction does to the credibility of the statement that God wrote the Bible. But I forget and answer him like he is a real person who seeks truth and wants to increase his knowledge of the world. I make that mistake far too often.

And still not a single shred of anything more than deeply held beliefs that this Mr. God exists. The Christians are pathetic.

“Listen to the sounds”

#648087 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And gee- you could also value the advice of Ted Bundy as to how to charm women. Or you could get advice from Charles Manson as to how to form a family unit out of "friends". Or maybe advice on surgical skills from Jack the Ripper.
Sorry, TT- you're SO off the mark here and all the more as there are MANY people who excel at public speaking and much more than Hitler did but who were not mass murderers and madmen.
There is truth and value to not throwing out the baby with the bath water, but in Hitler's case, the "baby" (Hitler) was rotten to the core with no redeeming characteristics at all.
And you ARE defending Hitler whether you realize it or not. You're saying: Yeah, he was a bad guy, but he could speak in public really well!
Appalling.
It is obvious that Hitler was an excellent public speaker. Stating the obvious does not mean I am pro-Hitler. If he wasn't a good public speaker, the Germans wouldn't have been so mesmerized into fighting his war. His speeches are on youtube. You can watch it and see. The crowd was enthralled. They loved him. They bought every word he said.

Imagine if you could captivate audiences as well as Hitler could. You could get into politics, become highly influential and use your influence for good. He used it for all kinds of insane delusions and evil stuff, but you could use it for good. You can even use it to ensure fascism in all its form becomes very rare or extinct.

You're letting emotion get in the way of potentially very valuable lessons and information.

Location hidden

#648089 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Fail. I've never read anything of Hitchensoutside of random quotes on the web. Why must you lie within every post?
RR must lie with every post because that is how he makes fun of and gets even with the Atheists who have facts, evidence and proof. He has lies like all the Christians and we have evidence we like to discuss. He likes to distract us with his lies to try to prevent us from discussing reality. It is his way of proving that you are never going to teach him anything because he is going to be so extreme that his behaviour can only be seen as insane.

I knew a woman like RR,[also a Retarded Reprobate] once, who bragged that if God told her to kill her children she would. I called Child Protective Services and her children were taken away from her. Christ-insanity is a very dangerous and life threatening religion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#648090 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well aware of the credentials of these guys, and for the most part they are quacks. But you cannot dismiss all their claims. Certain things have been found to be distorted, but not everything. And much of it is eyewitness accounts.
Aren't you curious to find out why these people, many of whom are not German and have nothing to gain for their views, and in fact more to lose, disbelieve in many aspects of the holocaust? David Irving interviewed members of Hitlers inner circle. That is more than what the popularist historians did. He could have written all kinds of fanciful pro zionist and pro ally stuff and gotten rich, but instead they present other evidence.
Why do you and others here deal in absolutes? For you, it's either I must believe everything the Allies and Zionists feed us, or be branded as Nazi's and holocaust denier. This is like a George Bush "you're either with us or against us" mentality. The holocaust is undeniable. There are numerous survivor testimonies. All of them can't be lying, so it must be true. But the sensationalist claims, now that's uncalled for.
That is how history becomes mythology. Start with the truth, then keep inflating and inflating it, and eventually it becomes so ridiculous, people throw the whole thing out. That's a very dangerous game to play.
Do you a person has to be German to deny the Holocaust?

TT, I'll be brutally frank here; I had great respect for you at one time but that is no longer the case- not that it should matter to you and I don't expect it to and really don't care- just speaking my mind here.

From what I've read of your recent posts, you are trying to make excuses for the Holocaust and for Hitler, you are saying the reports of it were/are exaggerated, you're saying that while Hitler was no humanitarian- your word- and that's putting it lightly!- he was a great speak who really knew how to captivate an audience.

Would you like me to provide you with a list of people who are great speakers but who are not madmen or mass murderers or Nazis?

Did you know Hitler was a vegetarian and that he loved animals? Did you know he disapproved of cosmetics because they contained animal byproducts?

The above are often perceived as very admirable qualities,traits and feelings.

But how does any of that count against the unspeakably heinous atrocities Hitler was guilty of?

And the above are MUCH more admirable qualities than being able to excel at public speaking, for Pete's sake!

You've gone beyond simply walking a "slippery slope" here, TT- you've fallen over it and you should really try to dig in your heels to stop your fall.

“Listen to the sounds”

#648091 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't usually consider the murderers POV unless they are admitting to the crime. But yes we can try to understand why they did these things, at our own peril. Like the detective trying to get inside the perpetrators mind, but it's a dangerous thing to do.
If you want some history of the Holocaust , go to the source.
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php...
That is short sighted, fearful of knowledge, and likely the cause of history repeating itself from time to time.

Go to the source you say! And then you provide a link to a Holocaust Museum in the U.S.. That's a bit far from where the holocaust happened.

We are talking thousands of Germans here, making this huge genocidal mistake, and they thought it was quite fine and infact noble and necessary. Do you know for sure that if you were in Germany at the time, you wouldn't have bought into Hitler's ideas? You think you could never be one of them? You think you could never be bluffed and brainwashed like how they were? That would be very naive.

If you are not aware of the chain of thought and don't feel the need to be aware, then you are simply at the mercy of life and who knows what life can make you become if you allow it in ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min It aint necessari... 38,869
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 642,057
Play "end of the word" part 2 25 min WasteWater 1,745
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min WasteWater 280,920
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min WasteWater 104,781
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 182,310
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 618,449
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web