Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#648194 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Taking Christianity out of American's daily lives is obviously having an adverse effect on the country.
What odd is that they either don't notice it or don't want to admit it.
Uh....Christianity was NEVER a part of MY daily life or that of most people I know and of course, many of those people aren't Christian to begin with!

So you're saying that those of other faiths who NEVER embraced Christianity are having an adverse effect on the country?

What's odd is that you're such as odd duck, RR.....

Not to mention that while there may have been more Christianity in the 50s (and largely due to the McCarthy "witch" hunts) there was something long standing in this country that sure did have an adverse effect on the integrity of this country and what this country stands for- that being segregation.

But that's neither here nor there- how dare you imply that anyone who doesn't have Christianity in their daily lives "is obviously having an adverse effect on the country".

You are a sanctimonious and self righteous buffoon.

Not saying that as an insult- simply stating a FACT.

But do take this as an insult as it is meant to be:

Go shove a cross up your a@@ and then SPIN on it, you anti-American FOOL.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648196 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Taking Christianity out of American's daily lives is obviously having an adverse effect on the country.
Actually, the more religious areas of the country have the most social ills. Once again, you are not just wrong, you are fractally wrong.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648198 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why haven't you asked that idiot for proof of his assertion about Weiner's upbringing, hypocrite?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648199 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic determines what is or is not logical.
Logic is reasoning.
Logic is reason.
Logic is justifiable by reason.
QED a spherical triangle is illogical therefore impossible.
Nitwit, just yesterday you posted that "anything IS possible".
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648200 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If the 17 trillion dollar debt collapses the economy , the government fears an armed population will become chaos.
The truth is more guns has brought violent crime down.
But there is a fairly high gun death rate, but 60% of them are suicide. The CDC says here 11,078 deaths by firearms.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm
In 2010 there were 358 murders involving rifles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...
I read the other day there an estimated 20,000 deaths a year in Africa from snakes.
But the rifle number shows grandpaws hunting rifle is not likely to to used to murder.
The snakes deaths show me the gun deaths are blown out of proportion, but the real problem is that disgruntled postal worker and the school shooters are the menace. But the question remains
if you take the guns out the equation will it only force the psycho killers to do their deed Timothy McVeigh style?
Where I live , there have been only 3 or 4 murders in 10 years using guns. It adds up to ...
If the 17 trillion dollar debt collapses the economy , the government fears....
And Dianne Frankenstein is leading the way. pffft
Who built that debt?

Snakes in Africa? WTF?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648201 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I just told OCB, I challenge people to prove there's no God to show them that they can't.
As soon as you describe the exact nature of your invisible friend, I will disprove it. Right now you offer nothing but ambiguity. There is no need to disprove ambiguity. It disproves itself. That you are unable to describe the exact characteristics of your Pocketgod just proves it is nothing more than an extension of your ego.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648202 Aug 1, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
what an idiotic extrapolation.. build me a device to test for Green Lantern and Superman and tooth fairy... if you can't, I guess we can't dismiss those either...
were you home schooled?
No- he wasn't home schooled- RR has Christianity in his daily life- that's why he's so smart and proud of himself that he is not one of "those" people who have an adverse effect on the country due to NOT having Christianity in their daily lives.

And don't forget- just because a pot of gold never HAS been found at the end of a rainbow doesn't mean it shouldn't be "tested" for.....

Good to see you caught on to RR's game and got his number SO quickly- kudos!
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648203 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a shit if your cat exists. That's why I'm not gonna join a "Prove there's an OCB cat" thread. I wouldn't waste my time arguing something I don't care about.
I challenge people to prove there's no God to show them that they can't. Believe it or not, some people don't know that.
The only reason non-theists care about your invisible friend is because of how it is used to manipulate the ignorati.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648204 Aug 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nitwit, just yesterday you posted that "anything IS possible".
GREAT point! But then again, we're referring to someone who thinks what defines "logic" and "reason" is an absolute- this coming from the same person who just minutes ago posted that we're just first beginning to understand the workings of the human brain.

It's no wonder RR contradicts himself as much as he does; he simply following what he learned from the bible; if something can't be explained, just contradict yourself is all- the god of the bible does it ALL the time!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#648205 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....but we know enough to know that emotions come from the brain.
In the meantime, can't scratch the surface of a "soul" since there is no proof such an intangible entity exists.
We don't know ANYTHING about the workings of the soul since the soul is simply a part of the mythology of RELIGIOUS beliefs.
And since we don't know ANYTHING about the workings of the soul, you dismiss it as nonexistent.

Curious.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648206 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberals and anti-gun nuts don't wanna hear any facts, man. They just want honest people to get rid of their guns. They want control.
Actually, what they and 90% of the country want is universal background checks. What they want is for children to not get massacred in schools. What they want is to be able to go to a movie without being mowed down. What they want is for clowns like you to prove that you can handle a weapon that allows you to kill en masse.

What you wrote above is just more nonsense.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648207 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It it not IGNORANCE responsible for no testing of a soul; it is the fact that there is no factual or rational evidence to even begin to objectively believe such a thing as a soul even exists.
No one has been able to build such a device because there is no REASON to.
Kinda like building a time machine- no reason to do that either since it will not result in any sort of time travel since that is not possible in REALITY.
Oh geez.

Now you know time travel is impossible, too?

At one point in time, space travel was "impossible".......

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#648208 Aug 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you won't know anyone. History is a set of lies agreed upon by the victors. Where do you get your history from? From American, British or French schooling, or one of the numerous allied countries today?
Have you ever asked yourself, how balanced and credible are your sources of history? Have you ever looked at the other side of the coin? Or do you just dismiss the other side as all nonsense?
Don't you know of the numerous banking systems controlled by the Zionists? Most Jews aren't Zionists by the way.
Zionism defined.

1.movement establishing and developing Jewish state: a worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century, that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948 its function has been to support the state of Israel.

You need to consult credentialed historians and not crackpots.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648209 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So..... Ignorance of the soul makes them right?
Ignorance of the soul? Bwahahahha. There is ample evidence to suggest that the soul is nothing more than an argument from ignorance by those who were trying to explain how life could suddenly end. There is also ample evidence that all functions are based on the brain. Until you can explain split brain and brain damage phenomena, et al, you having nothing but a child's explanation about "life force".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648210 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for real?
You have NO clue as to what "subjective" means or how much it applies to words you throw around such as "logic" and "reasoning".
And something that IS subjective- that being "logic" can OBVIOUSLY not determine what is or is not logical- other than SUBJECTIVELY.
The only possible exceptions might be those that have to do with mathematics, physics or other sciences.
However, one scientist might conclude that a test is perfectly logical and reasonable while another scientist might disagree.
That is because what truly determines logic and what is reasonable is wholly subjective without any absolute and final definition for either.
Whether or not two people disagree on a subject does not define what is and is not logical.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648211 Aug 1, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not the point.
The point is you're making a buffoon out of yourself by asking others for proof of what you are SO sure exists does NOT exist.
HA HA HA !!!!

And you are so sure that God does "NOT" exist...

Hypocrite.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#648212 Aug 1, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
there are no souls.. another one of you delusions...when you can establish the existence of one, then you can talk about it... until such time, it is BULL$HIT..
we can't test for tooth fairies and easter bunnies and superman.. we don't assume they exist because we can't test for them... grow up..
the body is an electro-chemical organic computer....everything comes from the brain and chemicals in our body..
Yes, that's what you were preprogrammed to 'know'...
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648213 Aug 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Japan’s Low Murder Rate is Due to its Immigration Policies, Not its Gun Control. Japan’s crime rates have always been ridiculously low, for reasons that have nothing to do with the possession of guns. The issues are cultural. And they can only be replicated in the United States by making the country more Japanese, in ways that liberals would positively hate, rather than by banning guns.
Step 1 in the process of making America more Japanese would involve ending immigration and multiculturalism and there is little doubt, statistically, that this would do far more to lower our homicide rate, than banning guns.
In 1900, the United States had a lower murder rate than Japan. The United States homicide rate doubled between the 1900s and the 1920s. It declined in the wartime and post-war period when most immigrants had been successfully integrated and it spiked again during the 1960s.
Two years after Ted Kennedy’s Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, the murder rate rose sharply. Ten years later in 1975, the US murder rate had doubled.
Anyone who wants Japan’s murder rate needn’t waste time with its gun control laws and can skip right to its immigration policies.
Who commits most of the murders in the audited States. Black and white American males, with blacks having the statistical edge. Hispanics actually are underrepresented compared to their percentage of the population. Last time I checked, blacks were brought here in chains before 1965.

Net immigration from our southern border is now zero. The Mexican econonmy is booming The majority of illegal aliens now come from places like Ireland and Eastern Europe and overstay their visas. Curiously, there is no crowing about them. Could race be a factor? Illegal immigrants only make up four percent of the population, a number that has held steady for years.

http://projects.wsj.com/murderdata/...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#648214 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And since we don't know ANYTHING about the workings of the soul, you dismiss it as nonexistent.
Curious.
We don't know ANYTHING about the workings of the soul because no such entity has been proven to exist.

What's WRONG with you???

I don't know ANYTHING about the workings of pink unicorns either and for the same reason- they don't exist!

Again- what's WRONG with you???
Huh

Dallas, TX

#648215 Aug 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think emotions come from our souls.
I know that science disagrees with that, but they can't even test for souls so how could they be right or wrong about it?
Another argument from ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. (Oct '17) 8 min Doctor REALITY 24
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min candlesmell 703,580
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Kwisatz Haderach 87,559
If you could say one thing to the president 53 min if these posts co... 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 223,072
amber armes (Jun '13) 4 hr LEANNA WILLIAMS 25
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 9 hr Plock Yan Yuk Foo 2