|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do you suffer from memory loss, RR?
We've been down this road countless times before and for every quote from our founding fathers which you use to show they were religious, I can counter them with even MORE quotes which show they were NOT.
STOP already.
Go.
Wanna see more?

I know you don't.

I'm not saying that America is a theology or anything, just that it was founded by Christian people using Christian morals, ethics and laws.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a baseball bat, tie RR to a chair in a locked room and you'll see how kind I am.
Wow!

What kind of internet connection do YOU have?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The big difference is, you're not looking for Zeus.
Nor am I looking for any other god. But your christian hubris has you convinced that anyone who discusses the christian god is necessarily "searching for him." Here's a clue (again)- if this country was a different religion, I'd be discussing it.

“Deities do not exist.”

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm only nasty with the nasty, hypocrite.
Woohoo, I win again!

Hiding: 4

Nano: 1

:)

“Deities do not exist.”

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>China? Civilized?
I would not describe China as civilized.
And again!

Hiding: 5

Nano: 1

:)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you REALLY gonna make me scroll back through hundreds of posts, RR?
You obviously DO suffer from memory loss.
It is because YOU said that our emotions stem from our souls that the whole debate started about whether or not animals have souls since animals do have emotions.
Sorry, pal- I refuse to scroll back to sometime yesterday to prove to you that you did say what I rightly claim you did.
I've done that before and it's tiresome.
Also, not MY problem that you can't remember what you yourself say and even as recently as yesterday.
So at best you do suffer from memory loss; at worst, you are a duplicitous and smarmy LIAR if you are trying to deny that you did, in FACT, state that our emotions stem from our souls.
Get away from me. UGH.
Quote, please.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.....yes, RR you did.
If not the EXACT words, you claimed that our souls are where our emotions come from.
Permalink, please.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that "emotions stem form our souls"?
C'mon, OCB...
Here- now you can call me a "liar" because I did decide to scroll back after all.

Here is your post and my response to it is on page #30720/ post #646573:

"RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, gosh. Without magic?
hmm...
The nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul."

So okay- you didn't say "stem" from the soul- have a blast nit picking that to death.

However, you DID say that the SEAT of emotions and character is the soul and that is simply not true, since the "seat" of emotions are from the BRAIN.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you think that India is not a Hindu nation, that Iran is not a Muslim nation, the Afghanistan is not a Muslim nation, that Israel is not a Jewish, that Nazi Germany was not a Jewish race hating nation, and you think that America is not a Christian nation. Well, bud, all of the nations I mentioned have people within who practice other religions, but like America is a Christian nation others practice other religions within.
The fact is America has never been a secular nation, the concept is in fact a new concept.
In reality, bud, the first 13 colonies and states each had their own designated religions, with 5 of them being the Church of England aka the RCC. The reality is that you could not be elected to congress, senate, etc. unless you belonged to the designated religion.
We do not have a national religion because we are the United States of America, united under the concept of each state having their own Christian religion. In fact, if you came to America and you were puritan, then you were loaded onto a wagon going to a Puritan state, the same for Amish, Pilgrim, Protestant or Catholic.
Indeed, we are a united Christian nation, with each state designating their own Christian religion and Judaism was included into the mix and later, Mormons with the state of Utah.
Christian and God.
A-men
Your utter and complete ignorance about this country is absolutely nothing short of astounding.

And actually even worse than that is that it's DISGUSTING.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because 99% of the time, it is a safe place for kids.
Still not the point. Ignoring the fact that the stats are probably wrong, you have an organization with a vested interested in covering up heinous crimes. Every single catholic who has had knowledge of pedophilia and helped to cover it up is a disgrace. That includes the man who is currently being fast tracked to sainthood.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion...
You can't be this dense. It is not "my opinion" that america was founded on enlightenment principles.

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Links.
http://www.philipcoppens.com/bestevidence.htm...

Trying to find a -completely- unbiased article now..let's see..

Can't find one. Here's one from a somewhat skeptical bias.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2010/10/...

The parts trying to tie it in to the Vedas are there. I for one suppose it is possible that the Vedas may be an incredibly primitive attempt to record something beyond their ability to describe at the time, and then crapped up by oral tradition error over time and transcription errors.

In light of this, anyway. Or it could be a coincidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You could say the same thing for all organizations that attract little kids or have little kids go to it, like schools, day care centers, Disneyland, etc.
I doubt it'd be true, but you can still say it.
I could, if you could find evidence of systemic child abuse that is consistently covered up by those in power.

The boy scouts are one such organization. Any other examples?

Remember, the problem is the institution, not the people themselves. I am sure that the average RCC higher up is a nice guy, but put him in a situation where child abuse has occurred, and suddenly there's a lot of pressure on him to cover it up for the sake of his precious RCC. Many times the wrong decision is made.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
timn17 wrote:
Is your claim really that our emotions do not come from our brain?
<quoted text>
I believe "Dave Nelson" made the claim that emotions start in the heart.
DOH!!!
yes

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna see more?
I know you don't.
I'm not saying that America is a theology or anything, just that it was founded by Christian people using Christian morals, ethics and laws.
I'll just share THIS quote with you- one I've shared with you several times before and this is IT for me.

Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man (Quotation)

This is a somewhat-paraphrased version of the following:

"...those who live by mystery & charlatanerie, fearing you would render them useless by simplifying the Christian philosophy, the most sublime & benevolent, but most perverted system that ever shone on man, endeavored to crush your well earnt, & well deserved fame." - Thomas Jefferson to Joseph Priestley, Washington, March 21, 1801[1]

Got it, RR? The "most perverted system that ever shone on man".

Sorry for your luck.

And seriously, as we've discussed this MANY times before, I won't waste any more time on this.

By and large, the founding fathers were NOT Christians or if they were, they were not practicing Christians and their intent was NEVER for the United States of America to be a Christian nation; good thing, since the USA is NOT a Christian nation- never has been and never will be.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote, please.
Go to page #30720- my post # 646573.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you REALLY gonna make me scroll back through hundreds of posts, RR?
You obviously DO suffer from memory loss.
It is because YOU said that our emotions stem from our souls that the whole debate started about whether or not animals have souls since animals do have emotions.
Sorry, pal- I refuse to scroll back to sometime yesterday to prove to you that you did say what I rightly claim you did.
I've done that before and it's tiresome.
Also, not MY problem that you can't remember what you yourself say and even as recently as yesterday.
So at best you do suffer from memory loss; at worst, you are a duplicitous and smarmy LIAR if you are trying to deny that you did, in FACT, state that our emotions stem from our souls.
Get away from me. UGH.
That is RR's tactic, to get you to spend as much time on him as he can get you to waste. Then if you should spend hours going back through hundreds of posts to find the one in question, he will flippantly dismiss the whole thing with some off-handed remark like,'I never said that black was white I said white was black'. And then he would insult you. He knows what he is doing and he really seems to enjoy doing it.

Do you think RR can be brought to reason? Do you think there is anything you can say to him that will make him realize how obnoxious he is and cause him to become serious? He has no intention of giving up any of his dishonest tactics because he knows most people will waste their time correcting him and that really turns him on. He just turns around and makes up some new comment hoping you are ready to go on another wild goose chase.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you think that India is not a Hindu nation, that Iran is not a Muslim nation, the Afghanistan is not a Muslim nation, that Israel is not a Jewish, that Nazi Germany was not a Jewish race hating nation, and you think that America is not a Christian nation. Well, bud, all of the nations I mentioned have people within who practice other religions, but like America is a Christian nation others practice other religions within.
The fact is America has never been a secular nation, the concept is in fact a new concept.
In reality, bud, the first 13 colonies and states each had their own designated religions, with 5 of them being the Church of England aka the RCC. The reality is that you could not be elected to congress, senate, etc. unless you belonged to the designated religion.
We do not have a national religion because we are the United States of America, united under the concept of each state having their own Christian religion. In fact, if you came to America and you were puritan, then you were loaded onto a wagon going to a Puritan state, the same for Amish, Pilgrim, Protestant or Catholic.
Indeed, we are a united Christian nation, with each state designating their own Christian religion and Judaism was included into the mix and later, Mormons with the state of Utah.
Christian and God.
A-men
And as IF I would listen to someone about the founding of this country who is too ignorant to know that "comprende" is Spanish for "understand" and who thought my use of "comprende" was a typo which you "tee heed" about.

PA-THETIC.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. timn does. that's why he axed.
Well, it was more of an issue of me hoping that you weren't claiming something so stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, "No"?
I assume you mean evolutionary history is more than a story, but an incontrovertible fact. Ok.
Go tell that to the people piecing together evidence in labs with fossils and mitochondrial dna, et all, that their current framework is a perfect incontrovertible fact.
The very people you assume are incapable of error will tell you that their work is imperfect and likely flawed just from a human level.
That, and this isn't really up for debate, the fossil record IS more barren than expected. Many, many, many transitional forms are just missing and can't be pieced together, and while it may be that this is showing a real record of evolution, it is at best "fuzzy and dirty as hell" regarding it's own accuracy.
Sorry. Evolution is real, Evolutionary History is a story. A well manicured, cared for story, that attempts to remain true to the facts, but one that also fills in the blanks the best it can.
You know how good humans are at filling in the blanks, right?=\
Try saying something more than just "no", next time.
Of course we don't know exactly how everything happened, but we have a pretty good idea. The fossil record isn't even necessary to prove evolution happened. An no, not "incontrovertible fact," but far and away the best explanation. Mentioning it alongside ET meddling or "backward evolution" is nonsensical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 614,341 - 614,360 of715,821
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

576 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Krackerjacks 114,519
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 529,608
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min waaasssuuup 223,010
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Lyndi 171,384
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 93,112
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min waaasssuuup 598,703
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Charlie Sheen 255,505
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr blueberry 57
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••