“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#647502 Jul 31, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not condemn the innocent priests. They perform a service and they believe they are a benefit to mankind. They are misguided, but at least good people.
What I do condemn is the RCC. They know full and well that child rape is happening, and when it comes out, it is covered up. That is evil. Had Double Fine had his way, the bigwigs at the RCC should all be imprisoned for crimes against humanity.
Yes, you guys do condemn priests. All of them.

At least, that's the impression I get.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#647503 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't double the offer?
O_o
No deal.
Nope.

Experiencing a supply shortage.

Sorry.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#647504 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the difference right there. If this country was another religion, I wouldn't be discussing it.
That right there is more proof of how divorced from reality your lies are.

In some Muslim countries you would be put to death for voicing your religious beliefs. Why don't you visit one of them and stand on the street corner and tell everyone about how Jesus is the only way to God?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647505 Jul 31, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We ARE apes.
We belong to the order of primates, and to the suborder anthropoids. This includes the great apes - chimps, gorillas, etc. We are thus classified as great apes.
If you ask 'where did our strength go' in terms of human evolution, well, one tends to lose what one does not need. Our brains are our most important muscle and our species have evolved a superior brain, at the cost of muscle. This is what one would call an "evolutionary trade off". A cheetah sacrifices size and power to achieve great speed. Birds sacrificed teet and claws long ago to gain beaks and wings. Creatures adapt to changing environments, and what does not get used, gets lost.
If you mean 'where did our strength go' in terms of the state of your cricket, well you batting top order have not been doing their job
Why do whales have pelvic bones?

If (in an elementary sense) evolution is right and life started in the oceans, then at some point a fish grew some legs (and eyes, skin, lungs, et to live on land) then later that creature decided living on land wasn't so good so it went back to the water but kept its pelvic bone and lungs.

O_o

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#647507 Jul 31, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has an opinion and there are those who disagree with you too.
hi there! allow me to introduce myself - i'm kind of a big deal around here so i just wanted to be the one to officially welcome you in:-)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#647508 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. It seems as though you're under the impression that we, mankind, has learned all there is to know.
Have you ever stopped to think about how utterly ignorant we are about our own world?
Have you ever thought of yourself in the year 1224 and saw anything from today's time and how that would all seem mystical, magical and defying the known laws of nature?
Why do you assume ALL people of the past were that nieve?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647509 Jul 31, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> A cheetah is a cheetah. It has not sacrificed anything.
That's like saying the zebra sacrificed one colour over an other colour only because the cheetah sacrificed size and power.
Would you say sacrificing a certain trait for ones survival can lead to a domino effect called evolution.
I guess the zebra knows to evolve it's black & white stripes because black & white stripes hide so well in the African bush...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#647510 Jul 31, 2013
Crap! That's not even a word!

naive

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#647511 Jul 31, 2013
Hehee.

*sigh*

Sleepy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647513 Jul 31, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the animal did not sacrifice anything. But the species did. Through natural and sexual selection, bigger animals were shunned, faster animals were preferred.
Zebras' colour patern serves as useful camoflage. When in the bushveld, under the shade of a tree, they are hard to pick out
Wait a sec. You said bird sacrificed teeth for beaks. Why? Teeth are far more efficient at chewing food. Ever watch a bird try to eat meat? They struggle with it and just swallow it whole.

Why would nature want to replace teeth with beaks?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#647514 Jul 31, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>DUH. I KNOW there are those who disagree with me and that's fine. That's what debate is about- OPINION.
What is NOT debatable are actual FACTS- with many here attempting to dispute what is proven fact.
whatever "they say" and what "studies show" may be facts to the deceived heathen cuz they've forfieted truth and integrity, but Believers often know better.

just trying to help!:-)
Warring and Bully US

Sweden

#647515 Jul 31, 2013
Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are not perfect, just saved flawed humans.
But flawed human (corrupted, with intentions ...) like you get many people mass murdered around the world especially by the Anglo-saxon right wing coalitions like your obnoxious world bullying Christian evangelical/fundamentalist Military ...who bullies , plunders, steal, mass murders, rapes... ruin nations and ran shack their raw resources... And your war -for-profiteering , War investing , and dividing nations to wars... as your American war machines is what making big commotion and mess at home and worldwide , and this incite growth of world of enemies worldwide because of your evil bully US militaristic neo-imperialist greedy world hegemonic evil aspirations/ agendas ... Don't you few ashame of yourselves as many are hurt on both side in a war started By you greedy and power Hungry war mongering NeoCons and right wing Christian coalition.... with evil aspirations , US manifest Destiny, how could you live with yourselves knowing many are hurt because of your stupidity and greedy aspirations? You kind lack human empathy for mankind, you kind are not human.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#647516 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. It seems as though you're under the impression that we, mankind, has learned all there is to know.
Have you ever stopped to think about how utterly ignorant we are about our own world?
Have you ever thought of yourself in the year 1224 and saw anything from today's time and how that would all seem mystical, magical and defying the known laws of nature?
That's a very strange argument.

Are you saying that, because the 13th-Century people you cite knew much less than we now know, we are somehow as ignorant as they were?

You'll have to parse that for me, I'm afraid.

I know where you're going with this - you are trying to extend that to encompass the notion that a bunch of Bronze Age goat-herders therefore knew at least as much as the both of us.

Actually you're noisily arguing AGAINST both those points - but you cannot (or will refuse to) see that.

The Borderland of Sol

#647517 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you guys do condemn priests. All of them.
At least, that's the impression I get.
You are unobservant.

I have personally, on here, praised and honoured a goodly number of religious people - including priests.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#647518 Jul 31, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, and as I told RR earlier today- you can also disagree with facts all you like; no matter how much you may disagree with that which is factual, it won't change that which is factual.
So if you want to "disagree" that 2 plus two equals 4, go for it but at the end of the day 2 plus 2 will STILL equal 4.
Christians do not do well with facts. I blame the con-artist at the front of their church for insisting that hearsay is more important and more valuable and more reliable. When belief is more important than facts very little can be done for them. Good example.

The Borderland of Sol

#647519 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do whales have pelvic bones?
If (in an elementary sense) evolution is right and life started in the oceans, then at some point a fish grew some legs (and eyes, skin, lungs, et to live on land) then later that creature decided living on land wasn't so good so it went back to the water but kept its pelvic bone and lungs.
O_o
That's a remarkably simplistic description - but it IS accurate.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647520 Jul 31, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait! I have forgotten my other assumptions!!
1) You have the body and build of John Cena
2) You are roughly as strong as a John Deere
3) You are a master in every fighting style, from Capuera to Shaolin
4) The only fight you have lost, was when fifteen ninjas attacked you from behind
5) You have a fourteen inch penis
Again, how close am I, old hoss?
P.S. You have not demonstrated that you are a cut above anyone on here, mate. You have claimed so. But demonstrated very little in the way of knowledge.
Say. How about a nice and easy high school physics question.
Why is it than when a fill a bucket with water and I spin it in an axis horizontal to my body, the water does not fall out, seemingly 'defying gravity'? And when I slow down, why does the water then fall out?
Since you are such a QP jedi master god king emperor, certainly this question is not above your pay grade?
OCB isn't gonna like your tone...

The Borderland of Sol

#647521 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec. You said bird sacrificed teeth for beaks. Why? Teeth are far more efficient at chewing food. Ever watch a bird try to eat meat? They struggle with it and just swallow it whole.
Why would nature want to replace teeth with beaks?
Aerodynamics.
Ever heard of power-to-mass ratio?

The Borderland of Sol

#647522 Jul 31, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Crap! That's not even a word!
naive
"Na´ve."

Never mind. Sorry...

Laffin.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#647523 Jul 31, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you are a QP undergrad at MIT? This should be good.
Hey, I am really Richard Branson. OCB is Queen Elizabeth. True Truth is Dolph Lundgren. Mac there, well, he is Robin Hood. The 'Australian', Greens-tuf, is actually your former president GW Bush.
Pleased to meet you
And who is Catcher?

(Who by the way could bust this guy.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min hojo 589,393
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 13 min RiccardoFire 70,196
Why some american white women marry arab men. (Mar '13) 17 min the truth 33
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 4,085
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 23 min Doctor REALITY 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Black-Widow 176,763
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 28 min kaitryn 343
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 271,265
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 hr The swamiji 7,155
More from around the web