Comments
614,141 - 614,160 of 732,726 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#647075 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter to you anyway?
So WHAT if he was talking about romantic/sexual love for another man?
So the F*CK what????
I know that's how you see it. "Who cares?"

I do.

It matters for context. If he was having sex with a man, I agree. So what.

But he wasn't.

So what.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#647076 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not most likely. In fact, it's far from likely.
"surpassing the love of a woman" is not a sexual connotation. It simply means that their brotherly/soldierly love was not a physical thing.
<quoted text>
Yes I do KNOW that.
Okay- so you KNOW what that "team of people" who are "properly" translating the bible do NOT know.

Got it.

You don't know SQUAT, RR.

But you're shivering in the shoes at the very idea that he might have been GAY.

Why should that matter anyway???

Location hidden

#647078 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no.
You're wrong, as usual.
Georgians are not Americans.
Georgia is a sovereign nation. It is located in Eurasia. Its capital is Tbilisi.
Georgians are Georgians, and Californians are indeed Americans.
See, OCB and DF?
This is the way to deal with RR.
He should be used as fodder for entertainment, and nothing more.
Sheesh.
Oh the hubris abound...

Location hidden

#647079 Jul 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:

100% wrong! The debate is over
For you it has.

Cuz you're incapable of debate.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647080 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>SHAME on you for not understanding, I didn't say religion contributed to every single college and hospital. What's funny is how you waste your time on not making a point. LOL
I KNOW you didn't say that.

But you tried to say that religion has contributed a vast majority to the founding of colleges, hospitals, museums, etc.

And sorry- that simply is not true.

What's funny is how you so totally missed the point but I know you really didn't; with this post of yours you are trying to UN-paint yourself out of the corner you so moronically and witlessly painted yourself into.

MUCH more of all that you mentioned was NOT founded or started by ANY organized religion.

Location hidden

#647081 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh goody. You "got me" on ONE out of how many examples, RR?
In the meantime, I'm STILL waiting for that list from you regarding your statement that "most colleges" were started by the RCC.
Just the ONE I knew about.

I COULD research the others....

Location hidden

#647082 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

Listen
No

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647083 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>SHAME on you for not understanding, I didn't say religion contributed to every single college and hospital. What's funny is how you waste your time on not making a point. LOL
Here is what you DID say:

"RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Figures you don't appreciate art and higher learning, libraries,healthcare, charities...etc. Next time you or your family needs hospital care, make sure it's not connected to a religion. Try Stalin or pol pot Hospital."

So you very strongly implied that an appreciation of art and higher learning, etc. has something major to do with religion.

You also seem to think a hospital is either based on religion or else is based on communism.

That leaves out a LOT of hospitals which have NOTHING to do with either.

I'm beginning to think that you and RR are one and the same person since you both share the same unsavory characteristics of being smarmy and duplicitous.

Location hidden

#647084 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- it's YOU who didn't learn anything or else refuses to admit that you did.
You posted scripture about the SPIRIT and you proved you had NO clue that the spirit and the soul are NOT one and the same thing.
You DO know we were talking about SOULS and NOT spirits, don't you?
Or do you?
No they are not the same thing but they are interchangeable.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#647085 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason I seem "obsessed" with it, is because I have been spending quite a bit of time here trying to inform you that a "world without religion" is a fantasy and contradictory to human nature.
You will never.
Ever.
Have that. It's not an answer, it's not realistic, it's just you masturbating your fantasy in public.
If you can't get rid of it you need to purify it. The end. And that is a long, hard, arduous, and above all, A POSITIVE process, not a negative one.
When religion becomes a personal individual struggle with ones weaknesses and faults while attempting to transform them into their positives I would say religion can become a good thing.

But the word religion today has nothing but bad associations. It means people who get together in groups to organize to force other people to behave in certain ways and to say they believe certain things.

People are the problem, sleeping people who can not mind their own business. Until you wake people us nothing positive can come from what you are suggesting.

And you do not know how to wake yourself up so clearly you are unable to wake up others. And 'others' are opposed to waking up. The more asleep they are the more they will insist that they are as awake as they could possibly be.

The biggest difficulty you will have promoting your ideas is that human beings are the way they are; they believe just any old tale they are told, and who ever gets to them first is right and everyone later is wrong.

If you are told Allah, then Jesus is wrong, if you are told Jesus then Allah is wrong. Religion is all about hearsay. And the con-artists know about this weakness in the human psyche and they take advantage of it.
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#647086 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
"Only sleeping people do things they know to be wrong."
Uh, "100% wrong!" lol. Greed. You can know all the truths in the world and still only give a damn about yourself. Greed, selfishness, lust for power. Lust to control men. It is never ending and is not an ailment of Religion but of human nature. Nature itself is given unto survival, the pursuit of self-interest.
You could almost say, from a naturalistic perspective, we're supposed to be greedy self-interested snobs who try daily to learn how to con other people and attain power.
To make my point, Mao and Joseph Stalin were considered "atheists". But they also had visions concerning the health and welfare of their countries...and of their own self interest.
The ruin they brought upon mankind defies description, the statistic of deaths will never do their reigns of terror justice.
"This also shows us how confused and divorced from reality are sleeping people, they can turn things that are wrong, like murder into something then can believe is right by saying the person deserved to die because he said I was stupid, or some other nonsense."
This is actually interesting, Reverend Alan. Please define "sleeping" and what event constitutes "waking up"?
"I like what Buddha said, "believe nothing, verify everything". Of course it was just copied from an earlier myth that was over 10,000 years older.
Isn't it interesting how many religious leaders were born of virgins on the 25th of December! Something like 25 or more."
I like many things the Buddha said as well. And I know what you're getting at with the december 25th thing. Winter Solstice was an event of religious importance to many people, but referring to this "Jesus of Nazareth", he was born in the early spring. Christmas was erected to over-write the Roman holiday of Saturnalia, to make transition from worship of the Roman Pantheon, to Christianity easier for the people.
People still celebrated Saturnalia. They just did so under the guise of "Christmas", and gave the day the importance of being "Jesus Christ's birthday".
And you have those man with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and people in it and world in it , that is USe Religion for profit motive and even to start world wars...so?

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#647088 Jul 30, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just realized this is the old "fly turd in the sugar bowl" story.
Maybe, that's a good analogy. Scoop the turd out and be done with it, don't dump out all our goddamn sugar!=P

Or, to make my point a little sharper and closer to home, maybe I can find a single atheist who harmed someone due to his Atheism. Say, a certain pastor who was killed by a militant anti-theist, and use that incident to JUSTIFY HUNTING EVERY ATHEIST DOWN INTO EXTINCTION AS THEY ARE ALL MURDERERS, THEY ARE ALL BAD!

Now I'm guilty of the same logical error as you and Myth Buster.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#647089 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! Are you referring to the Holy Land Experience THEME park where Jesus gets paid $7.50 an hour??
And oddly enough, while Florida is the southernmost state, it's not often that one hears of Florida being referred to as "the South"......
That's because the bulk of Florida's population consists of migrants from the north, like yourself.

You are hereby granted exemption from wasteland status.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647090 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
But he wasn't.
So what.
Again- whether or not he was homosexual is not clear- not even to the most erudite of biblical scholars.

So why what is not clear to those who actually DO study the bible but which is clear to you makes NO sense, given that YOU are the one who said there is a "team of people" working on "proper" biblical translation.

And as I posted to you earlier:

“Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely!
In life and in death they were not divided;
they were swifter than eagles,
they were stronger than lions.
How the mighty have fallen in the midst of battle!
Jonathan lies slain upon your high places.
I am distressed for you my brother Jonathan;
Greatly beloved were you to me;
your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.”
(2 Samuel 1:23, 26-27, emphasis added)

Here it is in black and white. David states the love he shared with Jonathan was greater than what he had experienced with women. Have you ever heard a heterosexual man say he loved his male friend more than his wife? This goes well beyond deep friendship between two heterosexual men.

In this story, we have a direct biblical answer to our question: Can two people of the same sex live in a loving, committed relationship with God’s favor? The answer is “yes,” because Jonathan and David did, and the Bible celebrates their relationship."

So go argue with the following website since in THIS case, you just KNOW exactly what is meant in the bible.

FEH.

http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647091 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
But he wasn't.
So what.
BTW, love is love. That is the context.

The TYPE of love is really secondary.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647092 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the ONE I knew about.
I COULD research the others....
Then DO it.

Don't come on here stating that "most colleges" were started by the RCC if you're not prepared to back up such an arbitrary statement.

Or else admit that you were WRONG to make such an erroneous statement.

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#647093 Jul 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Being alive and mortal somewhat exceeds any type programing,
the individuality is a function of living intelligence.
Eh...I guess this is where the rabbit hole ends for us, then =(.

As a parting gift, I'm not sure if you will find it comical or insightful, but you should google "brain" "uncollapsed wave function"

Not the first link, just, the concept. If you hadn't looked into it before, you will at least find it relevant to what we're discussing and entertaining, and possibly true.=)

San Francisco, CA

#647094 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No
Exactly.

You don't listen, and that's why you are incapable of learning.

No matter though, you're still fun to goof on.

San Francisco, CA

#647095 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I go to Target, return a soul, and exchange it for a spirit?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647097 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No- they are NOT interchangeable.

in•ter•change•a•ble (&#716;&#618;n t&#601;r&#712;t&#6 43;e&#618;n d&#658;&#601; b&#601;l)

adj.
1.(of two things) capable of being put or used in the place of each other: interchangeable symbols.
2.(of one thing) capable of replacing or changing places with something else: an interchangeable part.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/interchangea...

Just like an APPLE and an ORANGE are not interchangeable.

You can eat an apple in place of an orange, but not only is the taste different, the texture is, the calories are and so is the nutritive content and value.

That they are both pieces of fruit in no way translates into them being interchangeable.

And sorry, but as the spirit and the soul are two separate and distinct things with different meanings, they are not interchangeable either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Peace_Warrior 599,827
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min PatrickisaCreatio... 226,246
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Roberta G 173,275
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min onemale 257,850
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 41 min bmz 36,738
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 hr Commander Bunny 8
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,187
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Oxbow 538,793
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr bacon hater 94,645
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••