Prove there's a god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#647371 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No wordgames, just trying to educate you a little. A serpent is not always a snake. In Genesis, God curses the serpent into becoming a snake. It makes no logical sense to curse a snake to be a snake, right? Therefore, the serpent that tempted Eve was not a snake.
2. I didn't say they were "correctly" classified, I said that was their classifiaction of bats at the time. Just because the current classification is different doesn't mean they were wrong or we are right.
3. It may be. My point with that discussion was that you shouldn't always resort to "magic" when you simply don't understand. A Zippo would be a "magic fire device" to a caveman.
1. Your first mistake is that you look dor sense when everything is insane. Of course, the mythological deity turning a sbake into a snake is not logical. Is the deity putting a tree of good and evil in Eden logical? How avout the talking Donkey of Billeam? How about turning water into wine? Are those logical? How about the deity having a "son". Is that logical? Hiw about the deity sending itself to earth to pay for the sins of mankind and then rise up from the dead? Is that logical? The deity is clained to be omnipotent, why not just smite Satan right there where he sits? Your second mistake, is thinking you can play word games and get away with it. I did it, in order to get you to admit to an animal being smited into a snake - an unnatural occurence. But the fact here, is that any Hebrew man who reads that word will describe the creature in context as a snake. He will identify at you out of a picture book, or at a local zoo. Furthermore, to play word games with ancient texts, is really, really, really stupid.

2. No, they are wrong. We are right. They based their classification of birds and bats only on flying. Kind of like a young child would do. When I was small, I naturally assumed that bats and birds were close enough to be kissing cousins, because they both flew. But, we knkw a lot more about their anatomy, morphology, behaviour, wing structure and evolution than the ancients did. Whereas the ancients 'classified'(a better term would be 'reckoned') a bat as a bird merely because of flight, we classify it as a rodent because of a great deal more evidence. The fact that your "word of gawd" classify it as a bird, tells me that your "omniscient" deity has the anatomical kowledge of a four year old.

3. You aleays use this example, not knowing how stupid it is. Yes, had I taken a zippo, and mp3 player, a car or helicopter to the ancients, they would most likely calk it magic. But we know a great deal nore today. We have set theories on how the world works. Furthermore, we know that our theories have a high degree of accuracy. Had it not been the case, mass production, mining, medical science, IT (Well, every major industry on earth), would all fail. Why do I say that? If Ohm's Law was not accurate, NO ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE WOULD WORK. If geolgogists were wrong about the composition of the earth and the formation of minerals, THE MINING INDUSTRY WOULD FALL FLAT. I can give many examples. Thus, we know enough to claim the following. There are no natural forces that allow(s):

3.1) Reptiles to talk
3.2) Animals to be smited into snakes
3.3) Water to be turned into wine
3.4) Beams of fire to be shot from heaven
3.5) Chariots of fire picking up prophets
3.6) The dead coming alive
3.7) Donkeys talking
3.9) Plants surviving without the sun
3.10) Food falling from the heavens.

If you wish to continue to call the above 'natural phenomena ye to be discoveredby us', you are nist welcome, but you would be wrong (been there done that, eh, RR) and look stupid (once again, you have not made yourself look educated these past weeks).

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#647372 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's worrisome. Clearly, both Hitler and Stalin ordered quite a few. Churchill??? I am pretty sure he aided in preventing the knowledge that Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor from getting out, but I wasn't aware of any massacres.
<quoted text>
Misguided is an understatement. I can't recall the exact name, but one of the concentration camp leaders kept a house nearby, with his wife and daughter. He'd have picknicks, then execute children the next day. That's a bit nastier than "misguided."
Yes, most of Stalin's victims were countrymen. 20 million people, if I'm not mistaken - b/c of massive economic reform and forced altered farming practices.
<quoted text>
We have fantastic evidence for those in the museums in Germany - wallets, soap, etc. Here, from the museum itself:
http://en.auschwitz.org/m/index.php...
Human skin wallet:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacade/224902049...
<quoted text>
Sorry, you should be more careful with what you read. Check out primary sources, double check info.
There are even Nazi videos showing Germans taking tours of the concentration camps - where these tourists are shown what can be done with people. The video itself is one of propaganda, but the faces of the German citizens show shock and disgust.
That stuff is fabricated. DNA testing proves those skins to be treated goat skin. Even that soap story is nonsense.

Those are not Nazi videos. Those are allied videos, where they make German people walk around in German concentration camps after the allies took over, and they show the Germans the heaps of bodies and some lampshades made of goat skin in order to guilt them and demonise Nazism forever.

Dead men tell no tales. The key Aushwitz personel, including that star witness the warden, were killed by the allies after they said what they said.

I'm not saying what happened or did not happen, but if you look at the evidence for these sensationalist claims made by allies, you'll be shocked at the gaps in evidence and reporting. The proper historians, the ones who interviewed Germans, SS, Hitler's inner circle (whoever was left), are absolutely polarised on WWII. There are some historians who have even gone so far as to be holocaust deniers. Don't you find that just a little bit odd?

#647373 Jul 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, very true.
I just seems pety to condemn all Catholic priests for the shameful acts of very few of them.
To me, that's like a racist POS saying that all black people are criminals.
We do not condemn the innocent priests. They perform a service and they believe they are a benefit to mankind. They are misguided, but at least good people.

What I do condemn is the RCC. They know full and well that child rape is happening, and when it comes out, it is covered up. That is evil. Had Double Fine had his way, the bigwigs at the RCC should all be imprisoned for crimes against humanity.

“Listen to the sounds”

#647374 Jul 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, u r right! That's how it is here too!
I guess u r right. Home schooling wouldn't work coz it's the parents who need more educating than the kids. Those poor children who have stupid parents and stupid teachers.
There is no solution coz the government will not allow it. The education system is too powerful, it's controlled by people with a very evil agenda. Have you noticed that schools now look like prisons? They have metal bars everywhere and u can not enter without having your photo taken. I also heard that they are thinking of banning children from bringing home made food. They control what are children learn and now they want to control what our children eat. How people think this is right is beyond me.
The only thing I can say is that educate your own children and other children in your family about this corrupt world. Even if we can save a few we still have a chance.
Controlling what children eat? I haven't heard of that in South Africa. Nor have I heard of photos being taken upon entry, though that might occur in some mega rich private schools.

We have different problems in South Africa, like broken school windows, leaking roofs, even roofless schools, broken desks. The infrastructure problems in public schools is a far bigger issue here than propaganda in the education system.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#647375 Jul 31, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That stuff is fabricated. DNA testing proves those skins to be treated goat skin. Even that soap story is nonsense.
Those are not Nazi videos. Those are allied videos, where they make German people walk around in German concentration camps after the allies took over, and they show the Germans the heaps of bodies and some lampshades made of goat skin in order to guilt them and demonise Nazism forever.
Dead men tell no tales. The key Aushwitz personel, including that star witness the warden, were killed by the allies after they said what they said.
I'm not saying what happened or did not happen, but if you look at the evidence for these sensationalist claims made by allies, you'll be shocked at the gaps in evidence and reporting. The proper historians, the ones who interviewed Germans, SS, Hitler's inner circle (whoever was left), are absolutely polarised on WWII. There are some historians who have even gone so far as to be holocaust deniers. Don't you find that just a little bit odd?
I find you a bit odd buying into the nonsense.
The Nuremberg Trials brought the truth of these things.
Including human skin lampshades.

http://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Testimony_of_...

Ilse Koch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilse_Koch

The whistle blower

http://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/...

We took the skin from the chest and back, then used chemicals to treat the skin. Then the skins were placed outside in the sun and parts were cut for saddles, breeches, gloves, house slippers, ladiesÂ’ handbags.

This fact remains.

http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook...

“Listen to the sounds”

#647376 Jul 31, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! I think we share the same feelings!
That's exactly what annoys me. Many atheists think they are so intelligent coz they don't people in a god, but they don't understand that they only attack religion and not the governments coz they have been brainwashed to think that way.
I think we have both researched the same things. I know about America's involvement with the Nazi party. They didn't teach u that in school, did they! LOL! Have u read that book IBM and the holocaust? Money was being transferred from America to Germany, I wonder who the money went to?! lol! Now do u understand why I don't agree with the education system?? The British have killed more people than Hitler ever supposedly killed. Why don't they teach that to their children...hmmmm?
Have u heard of Bradley Manning? Did u see the footage he leaked? The American government have killed and are killing innocent people and I have never heard any of the atheists on this forum stand up against the American government, but they will keep bashing religion. They don't even understand that it is the people in power who are evil and they r using religion AND atheism to achieve their goals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Yw442y2fTeUXX
If u want to know more, Rob Ager analyses films. He is really good and he talks a lot of sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And what is even more ludicrous is that Bradley Manning is seen as a traitor to the country! Imagine that, he exposes the government, he exposes war crimes, shooting of civilians by the military, and now he's a traitor, and a threat to national security!

This is the hypocrisy of people. They want to cry free speech only when it suites them, their government, and their country. To draw a cartoon about religion, that is a freedom they are absolutely proud of upholding! But when an organisation like wikileaks is exposing government sickness and encouraging government transparency, which is something that has a direct effect on citizens lives, then they want to talk about national security, patriotism and public interest. They actually defend the government that keeps dirty secrets from them, like a weak minded wife who wants to remain blind to her husbands affairs.

#647377 Jul 31, 2013
LesleyPaul wrote:
If it is imagination, no one will ever dare to put his hands across on a 11000 volt electricity line. Never ever!!
You seem to be poorly educated. On a few points.

Firstly, electricity is a known phenomenon. It is observable, testable, verifiable, repeatable and falsifiable. There are set theories about the flow of currebt. We can make very accurate calculations. You tell me how much current is coming in AC through your device, what your PSU puts out and a schematic of your circuit diagram, and I can tell you the load of all your resistors and useful stuff like that. I can even advise you to put a fuse or two in.

Secondly, 11000 volts is a meaningless number. If the current flow is only going to be a fraction of an amp, why would I ve scared to touch it? Human resistance is about 300 kilo ohms. I would not even feel it.

Then, say you do have an everyday electric fence. They usually go to about 10,000 volts on the positive and perhaps 4,000 on the negative. Yes, you get a jolt, but hardly a lethal one. I had a stungun that geberates about 2.5 MILLION Volts. And yet, it is not lethal. And yes, we have toyed with it and got our asses shocked. Hurt like hell, though.

Voltage is not the important variable. Current, however, is. Current is measured in a unit we call 'Ampere '. Ever wonder why a jolt from your house at a 'mere' 220V can kill you, but a shock from a stungun at two million volts will not? It is because the stungun delivers very little current. Your plug puts out 220 or 240 volts AC (depending on where you stay), but delivers helkuva current.

What I just explained to you, is physics from maybe the ninth grade. Please try and hide your ignorance better
tnfsinger

Knoxville, TN

#647378 Jul 31, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets do it a little different and you can do the work.
You prove that there isn't any God.
So far the vast majority of the people living on earth believe there is a God. So it would appear that the ball is in your court to prove that there is not a God.
Thats true. The vast majority of people on do believe there is a a god... several hundred of them in fact, many with conflicting interests....

#647379 Jul 31, 2013
Yo yo

Double Fine is not reading anynore comments, a bit busy.

In other news... Double Fine is opening up a little diner!! Only a side business, but promises to be a lucrative one.

All of you are invited. No free meals, though

“Listen to the sounds”

#647380 Jul 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I never got the impression, in any science class, that what was being taught was the final word.
I think you're just trying to bring science education down to the dogmatic level of religious "education".
It's a disappointing tactic, coming from you.
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. I didn't get the impression either, that what was being taught was the final word. All I am saying is that is how many children regard it, unless the teacher specifically talks about uncertainty in findings.

“Listen to the sounds”

#647381 Jul 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I find you a bit odd buying into the nonsense.
The Nuremberg Trials brought the truth of these things.
Including human skin lampshades.
http://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Testimony_of_...
Ilse Koch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilse_Koch
The whistle blower
http://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/...
We took the skin from the chest and back, then used chemicals to treat the skin. Then the skins were placed outside in the sun and parts were cut for saddles, breeches, gloves, house slippers, ladiesÂ’ handbags.
This fact remains.
http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook...
I bet you didn't know that these people had to be tortured repeatedly and threatened with their families lives and wellbeing, before stating what they stated. And they were killed shortly thereafter, either by hanging by the British or sent to the Soviets to be hanged. Dead men tell no tales.

Don't you find it odd that there is no picture or writing of how these claims occurred, while they were occurring? It is all testimony and pictures taken by allies after they took over the camps.

#647382 Jul 31, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How would one test for a "spirit," exactly?
Well, Double Fine's method is very accurate. Drink three glasses of it. If the ugliest girl in the room suddenly becomes more attractive, then the test is positive

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#647383 Jul 31, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you didn't know that these people had to be tortured repeatedly and threatened with their families lives and wellbeing, before stating what they stated. And they were killed shortly thereafter, either by hanging by the British or sent to the Soviets to be hanged. Dead men tell no tales.
Don't you find it odd that there is no picture or writing of how these claims occurred, while they were occurring? It is all testimony and pictures taken by allies after they took over the camps.
http://tvblogs.nationalgeographic.com/2012/09...

#647384 Jul 31, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. I didn't get the impression either, that what was being taught was the final word. All I am saying is that is how many children regard it, unless the teacher specifically talks about uncertainty in findings.
Well, my take on it is this: the teacher is not a scientist. This changes at university level, where the lecturers themselves often hold Ph.D's. But at school, the teachers are not really pioneers in the field. For them to question the validity of scientific theory is wrong.

Critique is only valid if the opinion is valid. If you had objections about dinosaurs evolving into birds because of lack of evidence, I would have rubbished your claim in two seconds. But if FossilBob said the same, I would pay a lot closer attention to it. Why? Because he is not only a scholar, he is a veteran. He has forgotten more about fossils than I know.

Therefore, a teacher should do his duty and only repeat the syllabus. Yes, there may be improvements on the work he teaches, but if the student wishes to learn more about the subject matter, he will eventually be set straight
tnfsinger

Knoxville, TN

#647385 Jul 31, 2013
Putting my two cents worth in. On the topic of evolution, there is something I would like to share, I recently read an article about DNA sequencing of the human genome, which has been completed. It is widely known that humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. The great apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes. It was postulated that for humans to have evolved from apes, a pair of chromosomes would have had to have fused. Scientists realized that this would leave behind markers that could be searched for. They were... and they were FOUND. At some point in human evolution, two pairs of chromosomes merged to become one pair. Here's the kicker - those markers match up with the "extra" pair of chromosomes in chimpanzees, the pairs they have that we don't. Hmmmm... let that one sink in.

“Listen to the sounds”

#647386 Jul 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
So the next time there's a hurricane and a suicide vest is uncovered, you'd assume it's one of Osama's?

“Listen to the sounds”

#647387 Jul 31, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my take on it is this: the teacher is not a scientist. This changes at university level, where the lecturers themselves often hold Ph.D's. But at school, the teachers are not really pioneers in the field. For them to question the validity of scientific theory is wrong.
Critique is only valid if the opinion is valid. If you had objections about dinosaurs evolving into birds because of lack of evidence, I would have rubbished your claim in two seconds. But if FossilBob said the same, I would pay a lot closer attention to it. Why? Because he is not only a scholar, he is a veteran. He has forgotten more about fossils than I know.
Therefore, a teacher should do his duty and only repeat the syllabus. Yes, there may be improvements on the work he teaches, but if the student wishes to learn more about the subject matter, he will eventually be set straight
Yes it is largely up to the student to learn.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#647388 Jul 31, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So the next time there's a hurricane and a suicide vest is uncovered, you'd assume it's one of Osama's?

I don't assume anything TT , these things were proven in court, so you are doing the assuming. The evidence and witnesses are there, you however have somehow overruled them saying it isn't true.
This lampshade went through an investigation, that identified it as human, and of 1940s German origin. I'm assuming only one thing here,
and that is that the investigative work was precise.
But I have no reason to doubt that it isn't and every reason to think it is. After all it is a story that the key pieces of evidence somehow vanished. It's not hard to think someone kept them, being as significant as it is. The stitching thread was made at Auschwitz.
It is human skin, the metal is 40s steel. The story is it was made at a death camp. Whether is is one that disappeared at the trial would be hard to prove, that the Nazis did this ...irrefutable.

Maybe you can come to some other conclusion? BTW here is the full video.

http://viooz.co/movies/14502-human-lampshade-...

#647389 Jul 31, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!!

Lol... Yo TT

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#647390 Jul 31, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok after watching the complete video , it was determined to be cow hide.
So I guess my assumption the first DNA tests were correct was wrong.
But this presents a bigger question, how accurate is DNA evidence that was used using the older methods before 2005?
I guess you win this time , but this still does not prove the stories about the death camps aren't true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min RiccardoFire 7,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Aerobatty 123,504
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 40 min Timbra 169
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Anthony MN 681,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 619,457
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 2 hr gimme 8
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 3 hr Brice N Livingston 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 hr onemale 286,526
More from around the web