Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#647097 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not the same thing but they are interchangeable.
No- they are NOT interchangeable.

in•ter•change•a•ble (&#716;&#618;n t&#601;r&#712;t&#6 43;e&#618;n d&#658;&#601; b&#601;l)

adj.
1.(of two things) capable of being put or used in the place of each other: interchangeable symbols.
2.(of one thing) capable of replacing or changing places with something else: an interchangeable part.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/interchangea...

Just like an APPLE and an ORANGE are not interchangeable.

You can eat an apple in place of an orange, but not only is the taste different, the texture is, the calories are and so is the nutritive content and value.

That they are both pieces of fruit in no way translates into them being interchangeable.

And sorry, but as the spirit and the soul are two separate and distinct things with different meanings, they are not interchangeable either.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#647098 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Did you stop to think that maybe his mother lives with HIM???
It happens quite a lot you know where parents who are elderly and/or not in good health are welcomed into the homes of their adult children.
A foreign concept for you, no doubt but not only does that take place here more than you obviously realize, it is commonplace in Asian countries for parents to live with their adult children.
It has to do with compassion and love for one's aging parents- something else you obviously have no consideration for.
While what you wrote is true, I've seen no compassion from the Rev.

So, concerning him, I have to disagree.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647099 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the bulk of Florida's population consists of migrants from the north, like yourself.
You are hereby granted exemption from wasteland status.
LOL!!

Thank you, thank you, kind sir!

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#647100 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, sorry, Secular Humanism IS LOADED with biased atheist materialist garbage.
The reason why we're in the mess we're in right now is because Secular Atheism reeks of shit to many, many people on this planet who don't agree with your own peculiar brand of virtues.
No, we need something else. Something EVERYONE can agree on.
You have not spent much time around Muslims and Christians have you. I agree we need something else, perhaps something tried and true. However immediately like in all of human history a con-artist will find a fool and the whole things goes to hell.

The reason humanity is in the mess we are in right now is because humanity has always been in a mess and no two people can agree on anything when they are asleep existing in the lowest most mechanical parts of their three brains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#647101 Jul 30, 2013
uidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>That be the day! God = human Leader , that all it is , follow the human God , if he tell his disciple to this they immediately follow suite, if he tell lowly disciple to do bad - there goes the planet Earth - that how wars starts between brothers, famillies, and even nations. If leaders are good then we all benefit but there is catch 22 always.
As to Buddhism it has good and bad just like any religion but i say way better then most religion. The only thing I find is it Hierarchy structure is some what autocratic .
Buddhism was not a good religion. It was never meant to be a religion. We have had many people like Buddha in the past and even in the present. The only reason why Buddhism is famous and it looks unique is coz of the Chinese. The Buddhism that the Chinese follow is not the original Buddhism. They have adopted a foreign philosophy and made it their own.

It is because of Buddhism that India was able to be conquered. It believes in non-violence, even if someone tries to kill u. That is original Buddha philosophy. When the Indian King Asoka adopted Buddha philosophy, India was attacked and conquered, coz most of the people would not fight.

We respect Buddha and love him, but in India we have never looked at Buddhism as a philosophy that a large population of people could follow. It is fine for only a few.

We have the same problem with Jainism. They will not fight either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647102 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- so you KNOW what that "team of people" who are "properly" translating the bible do NOT know.
Got it.
You don't know SQUAT, RR.
But you're shivering in the shoes at the very idea that he might have been GAY.
Why should that matter anyway???
I don't know, why do you keep bringing it up?

You WANT him to be gay, huh?

I thought you didn't care....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647104 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:

Here it is in black and white. David states the love he shared with Jonathan was greater than what he had experienced with women.
And YOU assume "love = sex".

That's your problem, not mine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647105 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, love is love. That is the context.
The TYPE of love is really secondary.
Then why are you implying the type of love is sex?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#647106 Jul 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm...I think her experience was pretty awful, and it's very sad it happened. I just wish it made her compassionate instead of nasty.
I'm only nasty with the nasty, hypocrite.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647107 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
You don't listen, and that's why you are incapable of learning.
No matter though, you're still fun to goof on.
Oh no, sir. I am very capable of learning. You're the one with the brick-for-brains.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647108 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I go to Target, return a soul, and exchange it for a spirit?
Not if you stole it.

Otherwise, you'll need your receipt.

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#647109 Jul 30, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When religion becomes a personal individual struggle with ones weaknesses and faults while attempting to transform them into their positives I would say religion can become a good thing.
But the word religion today has nothing but bad associations. It means people who get together in groups to organize to force other people to behave in certain ways and to say they believe certain things.
People are the problem, sleeping people who can not mind their own business. Until you wake people us nothing positive can come from what you are suggesting.
And you do not know how to wake yourself up so clearly you are unable to wake up others. And 'others' are opposed to waking up. The more asleep they are the more they will insist that they are as awake as they could possibly be.
The biggest difficulty you will have promoting your ideas is that human beings are the way they are; they believe just any old tale they are told, and who ever gets to them first is right and everyone later is wrong.
If you are told Allah, then Jesus is wrong, if you are told Jesus then Allah is wrong. Religion is all about hearsay. And the con-artists know about this weakness in the human psyche and they take advantage of it.
"When religion becomes a personal individual struggle with ones weaknesses and faults while attempting to transform them into their positives"

Sounds good when you're typing it, I'm sure. But you are literally calling from the human dream of spirituality to be restricted to nothing more than a 'rational' self-help process.

That is tyrannical and fascist, and you masturbating an unrealistic fantasy. People will continue to believe in gods, spirits, ghosts, etc. They will talk about their beliefs in the appropriate forums and other people will agree and they will form groups.

Organized religion is immortal. And it will continually reference irrational beings and rules of conduct for living to anything else. It's how people fill in the eternal gaps of human knowledge, that will always be present. In a way "Religion" is the Darkness that exists beyond the edge of Science's "Light". Not to say one is good or the other bad, but that Science will never and can never illuminate everything. In those shadowy recesses, religion, gods, spirits, strange lifestyles will be invoked, and you cannot stop this process without lobotomizing everyone.

Some of those recesses are older than 10,000 years, and a few of those don't even attract western science's attention or interest at all, thus allowing a permanent gap for a spirituality to exist within it's confines.

They are that old because they reference the immortal existence of the recesses itself, a recess that is indestructible. That recess, is the question "Why something, rather than nothing?"

Science can never answer that. Ever. We will go extinct long before even a glimmer of hope appears for answering it, and "Religion" as you call it, will consistently dwell within the safety of it's walls.

"But the word religion today has nothing but bad associations. It means people who get together in groups to organize to force other people to behave in certain ways and to say they believe certain things."

I want to break this down. First of all, people getting in groups together to organize their religious beliefs/form of worship is not wrong. However, yes, people organizing to force other people to behave in certain ways and believe certain things IS definitely wrong.

There is nothing against "sharing", but this assault you speak of, I have seen it, and it is very immoral as it is an attack on another human being's mental sovereignty over their own lives. We must counter that and champion the freedom of the will in every human being.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647110 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- they are NOT interchangeable.
in•ter•change•a•ble (&#716;&#618;n t&#601;r&#712;t&#6 43;e&#618;n d&#658;&#601; b&#601;l)
adj.
1.(of two things) capable of being put or used in the place of each other: interchangeable symbols.
2.(of one thing) capable of replacing or changing places with something else: an interchangeable part.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/interchangea...
Just like an APPLE and an ORANGE are not interchangeable.
You can eat an apple in place of an orange, but not only is the taste different, the texture is, the calories are and so is the nutritive content and value.
That they are both pieces of fruit in no way translates into them being interchangeable.
And sorry, but as the spirit and the soul are two separate and distinct things with different meanings, they are not interchangeable either.
You should stop while you're behind.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647111 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, why do you keep bringing it up?
You WANT him to be gay, huh?
I thought you didn't care....
No- I don't "want" him to be gay....I want YOU to admit that it is possible he WAS gay which is also the consensus among many of that "team of people" you referred to yesterday.

And I keep bringing it up because you are an arrogant FOOL to keep insisting that you KNOW he was not gay.

You don't know SQUAT- about that- or most things, for that matter.

You "know" what you WISH is the case while remaining totally ignorant to the FACT that wishing does NOT make it so.

ANOTHER case in point: Your recent post in which you claimed that the spirit and the soul are interchangeable.

That you WISH that was true does NOT make it true and all the more since it is NOT true.

The world and everything in it and about it does not govern itself according to RR's wish list.

Sorry for your luck.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647112 Jul 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The debate is over for all sane people. You're a stark raving mad insane lunatic making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum when you should be seeking professional help for your delusions of grandeur, punk.
Then debate me, you coward.

Stop with the copy/paste lame insults and TRY to have a conversation.
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#647113 Jul 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism was not a good religion. It was never meant to be a religion. We have had many people like Buddha in the past and even in the present. The only reason why Buddhism is famous and it looks unique is coz of the Chinese. The Buddhism that the Chinese follow is not the original Buddhism. They have adopted a foreign philosophy and made it their own.
It is because of Buddhism that India was able to be conquered. It believes in non-violence, even if someone tries to kill u. That is original Buddha philosophy. When the Indian King Asoka adopted Buddha philosophy, India was attacked and conquered, coz most of the people would not fight.
We respect Buddha and love him, but in India we have never looked at Buddhism as a philosophy that a large population of people could follow. It is fine for only a few.
We have the same problem with Jainism. They will not fight either.
I mean religion in sense , is that people use it like a religion.]

India and China is one of the oldest civilization and lot of culture... I like to one day visit both.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#647114 Jul 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the alcohol I was referring to, but one version of herbal stuff. There's all kinds, some good, some yuk.
I didn't know the exact date - that's one of Hitchen's arguments against the Abrahamic religions. "Why not begin in China, where people are actually civilized?"
China? Civilized?

I would not describe China as civilized.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#647115 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
You don't listen, and that's why you are incapable of learning.
No matter though, you're still fun to goof on.
A lot of people have the same problem on this forum! I think it's contagious!!! Oh, god, what r we gonna do??? I'm gonna go and find the vaccine!!

And where have u been???? HUH? HUH? HUH?

I asked Lesbo where u were, so I know, but I still gotta show attitude COZ I CAN!!:-p

I wanted to give u the good news, about u know what!! Yh, I did it!!! Let's have a party!!

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#647116 Jul 30, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When religion becomes a personal individual struggle with ones weaknesses and faults while attempting to transform them into their positives I would say religion can become a good thing.
But the word religion today has nothing but bad associations. It means people who get together in groups to organize to force other people to behave in certain ways and to say they believe certain things.
People are the problem, sleeping people who can not mind their own business. Until you wake people us nothing positive can come from what you are suggesting.
And you do not know how to wake yourself up so clearly you are unable to wake up others. And 'others' are opposed to waking up. The more asleep they are the more they will insist that they are as awake as they could possibly be.
The biggest difficulty you will have promoting your ideas is that human beings are the way they are; they believe just any old tale they are told, and who ever gets to them first is right and everyone later is wrong.
If you are told Allah, then Jesus is wrong, if you are told Jesus then Allah is wrong. Religion is all about hearsay. And the con-artists know about this weakness in the human psyche and they take advantage of it.
"People are the problem, sleeping people who can not mind their own business. Until you wake people us nothing positive can come from what you are suggesting."

Sleeping people? Awake people? Define.

"And you do not know how to wake yourself up so clearly you are unable to wake up others. And 'others' are opposed to waking up. The more asleep they are the more they will insist that they are as awake as they could possibly be."

I'm sorry. Being against a form of argumentation that consists of yelling "Depraved bitch, asshole, IMBECILIC MORON!", and not whole-heartedly agreeing with a scientific morality on what the totality of SPIRITUALITY should consist of does not make me "asleep".

That you do champion these things, does, however make me question whether you are the one who "sleeps". Joseph Stalin had similar ideas as you.

"The biggest difficulty you will have promoting your ideas is that human beings are the way they are; they believe just any old tale they are told, and who ever gets to them first is right and everyone later is wrong. If you are told Allah, then Jesus is wrong, if you are told Jesus then Allah is wrong. Religion is all about hearsay. And the con-artists know about this weakness in the human psyche and they take advantage of it."

So? Are you saying you need to take advantage of it first?

You don't remedy this by "getting to them first" and filling them with your brand of "enlightenment". You remedy this by championing a change in direction for the mentality of mankind as a whole.

Elevate people to free thinkers, do not brainwash them yourself. How reprehensible.

Yes. Actually, I think I have a moral and ethical problem with how you're approaching the matter. I think it's immoral, Reverend Alan. You shouldn't be tackling this problem from the direction you're tackling it from.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#647117 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. More often than not Buddhism brings peace and rest to the places it is a majority in.
It has it's failings, but for the most part, above and by LARGE, it is an exemplary human attempt to have peace with your fellow man, and with nature.
It's easy to pull out one of the few times it's failed go "See! Worthless!"
That's like me pointing out one of the few times someone's tap water blew in some pipe-rust or other filth and I would go "See, unclean!" and argue against people's homes having running water.
It's insane, and it's an error of reasoning called an 'association fallacy'.
Buddhists do tend to mind their own business more so than people who belong to other religions. They are in general much more accepting and open minded compared to the extremists in Christianity and Islam. I have lived in Buddhist countries and I prefer being around Buddhists more than I do being around Christians and Muslims, in general.

Most of my friends are Atheists meaning they do not believe in any god, they just want to be free to live their peaceful lives and engage in their peaceful behaviour with other consenting adults. while Buddhists are more accepting of that, Christians and Muslims are not accepting at all.

The American Founding Fathers created a new idea for humanity the idea that each of us should be free to believe what we want and that people should not violate each others rights.

And while that sure sounds good to me, many American's are opposed to it. They lay in bed at night unable to sleep so worried are they about what the two women down the street might be doing to each others bodies and what the pot smoker across the street might be doing with his friends.

1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

Name one Christian who can obey the Bible.

And if Christians are not going to listen and obey their own God they sure as hell are not going to listen to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Brian_G 765
White Lives MATTER 6 min Coonologist 12
Will the world end in the middle of 2016? 9 min Burke Devlin 21
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min guest 595,905
Homosexuals are the REAL reason God DESTROYED S... 20 min ChristINSANITY is... 78
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min Student 40,686
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min Burke Devlin 444,119
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min RiccardoFire 100,722
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Truths 612,594
More from around the web