Prove there's a god.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#646994 Jul 30, 2013
LesleyPaul wrote:
If it is imagination, no one will ever dare to put his hands across on a 11000 volt electricity line. Never ever!!
and your point is??

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646995 Jul 30, 2013
Mythic Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! It's YOU who's humiliating yourself
100% wrong! It's you that's humiliating yourself. You boast and brag about some supposed scientific evidence of natural origins of life but refuse to post said evidence. Insead you belittle people and call all Christians lunatics that should be in a nuthouse.

You are incapable of debate.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#646996 Jul 30, 2013
LesleyPaul wrote:
God is a universal life force that helps living beings in their living process. He is a life giver. When someone reject their life he will loose his sense of living and risks his life. Those who love God loves life. God can be known when someone pays respect to him or praises him. God cannot be seen just as electricity cannot be seen by the naked eye but it is there.
How is it that you know the inner workings of "God", whereas many don't?

"He is a life giver."
- do you have some proof that this occurs?

"When someone reject their life he will loose his sense of living and risks his life."
- WOW!! Really? Where is this written at?

"God can be known when someone pays respect to him or praises him. "
- How?
- Please provide the detailed process.

"God cannot be seen just as electricity cannot be seen by the naked eye but it is there."
- "God" hasn't been seen by anyone in a very long time. What makes you believe that "God" is 'there'?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#646997 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Brotherly, soldierly love is homosexual. Is that what your contending?
Not at all. Double Fine has two friends for whom he would go to war for.

But Double Fine does not compare that love to that of a woman.

Most likely, David on Jonathan were bum chums. Nothing wrong with that. David even danced in the streets. Nkthing wrong with that. He would have loved to be in the pink parade, Double Fine thinks

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#646998 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not worth my time to address your entire post.
But I will remark on a few things you said:
Organized religion has contributed to "higher learning"??
Apparently, not in YOUR case- given that you having capitalized the "h" in "higher learning" is incorrect.
At any rate, that example was not even needed given that one of the main goals of ALL organized religions is to keep the masses as ignorant and as fearful as possible.
Organized religion is used to CONTROL the masses and keeping those masses ignorant and fearful only makes them easier to control.
As to your question, my beliefs are closer to those of Deism than anything else.
And you may now argue that Deism is an organized religion, but when I refer to organized religion, I am referring to the MAJOR ones and I wouldn't even necessarily consider Deism to be an "organized" religion or at least not "organized" in the sense that major religions are.
LOL...my entire post was 6 lines. Does that mean we shouldn't respond to your post that is 3 times longer? Now you admit organized religion has contributed to higher education, thank you. To be technical, most Christians today are not happy with "organized religion". And to the belief that we are not saved by attendance or many of the rituals that man has put into churches, but that is another subject.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646999 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What theologians? Who?
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do your OWN research for a change- geez!!!!
The CONSENSUS among Christians and ALL theologians is that animals do not have souls.
Who? If it's "ALL theologans", it should be easy for you to google.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647001 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're making the "spirit" synonymous with a soul??
"The soul and the spirit are not the same
Even though our Bible uses the words soul and spirit interchangeably, there is a very distinct difference that we cannot ignore. These passages in God's Word that make a very clear distinction between the soul and the spirit:
Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
1 Thessalonians 5:23, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/soul_spirit.ph...
Thank you for that scripture.

Notice the “joints and marrow”? That refers to the body PLUS the “soul and spirit,” revealing again that we have these three parts (body, spirit and soul).

Just as marrow is hidden inside the joints, our spirit is hidden in our soul.

I hope you're learning something.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#647002 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text> You are demented...You don't even know what I represent, or what I think...Someone like you, if it was ever revealed to you, what I represent, it would kill you. You don't have the strength to stand up under that horrible and inescapable truth.
You are weak, Myth Buster. But most of your kind are.
Fuck off now. You have no purpose here other than to incite anger and call people names.
I can't remember the last time you added to this discussion in any positive way.
Well, Azak-Thazda, you seem to be calling a few names yourself and I do not see how this personal attack is any different form what you are complaining about.

Myth Buster is quite clever and entertaining when pointing out stupidity and dishonesty in messages that are posted in this discussion.

I would have to say that about 99% of what is posted here does not add to this discussion in any positive way so I question why you have singled out Myth Buster! Is it because he calls you out when you post something like, "You don't have the strength to stand up under that horrible and inescapable truth."?

If you have some truth why beat around the bush and only hint at it? Why not just come right out and say this is the truth and here is how I know it is the truth.

You do not realize that you sound just like all the talking donkeys who have waltzed in here to tell us what the truth is.

Do tell us why we should accept that you have the truth? And then only once you establish your credibility tell us what this truth is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647003 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh then it’s rather like the christian interoperation of the word “Truth”(note the capital T) then, it’s what you believe not what’s fact
Thanks for pointing that out
In an absolute basic nutshell;

The Word of God = The Bible.

It's kind of a slang term.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#647004 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Figures you don't appreciate art and higher learning, libraries,healthcare, charities...etc. Next time you or your family needs hospital care, make sure it's not connected to a religion. Try Stalin or pol pot Hospital.
The majority of museums and other art institutions along with libraries, health care companies, charities, etc. have SQUAT to do with ANY religion and are not funded by any religion or based on any religion.

Here is just a very partial list of the above which have NOTHING to do with ANY organized religion:

1. PUBLIC libraries

2. Museums such as:

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

The Modern Museum of Art

The Guggenheim Museum

Lincoln Center

The Smithsonian Institute

Mayo Clinic

Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

Habitat for Humanity

Doctors Without Borders

Harvard University

Yale University

UCLA

Columbia College

New York University

Really- you are posting incredibly misleading nonsense.

SHAME on you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647005 Jul 30, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Every homophobic person on the earth has done something homosexual and enjoyed it.
So....... You like sucking shlong?
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#647006 Jul 30, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say yes,
it helps the smart crooks aka preachers exploit the stupid sheeple for financial gain,,and tax free too..LOL
at least commies put a stop to this idiocy..how long will you morons take?
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Figures you don't appreciate art and higher learning, libraries,healthcare, charities...etc. Next time you or your family needs hospital care, make sure it's not connected to a religion. Try Stalin or pol pot Hospital.
funny how you completelefy avoid adressing my post by changing the subject,!

the free thinkers atheists scientists gave us all the medical advances NOT churches,
and atheists also lead as the most generous charitable donations,,google it

btw my taxes pays for my doctors and hospitals,,,churches pay NOTHING they are tax free,capice?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#647007 Jul 30, 2013
God is not an imagination, it is a real life force just like electricity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647008 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not worth my time to address your entire post.
But I will remark on a few things you said:
Organized religion has contributed to "higher learning"??
Yes.

Never heard that the RCC started most colleges? That would be higher learning.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647009 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...my entire post was 6 lines. Does that mean we shouldn't respond to your post that is 3 times longer? Now you admit organized religion has contributed to higher education, thank you. To be technical, most Christians today are not happy with "organized religion". And to the belief that we are not saved by attendance or many of the rituals that man has put into churches, but that is another subject.
No- it simply means that my time here is valuable and that I don't have any more time to spend here than I deem absolutely necessary.

Sorry if that's an issue for you.

And you are a LIAR- just WHERE did I admit that organized religion has contributed to higher education?

I guess my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough for you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647010 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that scripture.
Notice the “joints and marrow”? That refers to the body PLUS the “soul and spirit,” revealing again that we have these three parts (body, spirit and soul).
Just as marrow is hidden inside the joints, our spirit is hidden in our soul.
I hope you're learning something.
I don't need to learn something on this particular issue- YOU do.

The POINT remains that the soul and the spirit are NOT the same thing nor are they interchangeable.

Take your word-twisting nonsense and throw it at someone who cares.

I don't.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#647011 Jul 30, 2013
God is a psychokinetic energy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647012 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
LIAR. The RCC has NOT started most colleges.

I already gave your pal Ricardo several examples of that.

Do try to keep up.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647014 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
But I'll play along- just which "most" colleges would those be?
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#647015 Jul 30, 2013
LesleyPaul wrote:
God is not an imagination, it is a real life force just like electricity.
Can you PROVE it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min lightbeamrider 30,200
"After" Spurs DESTROY Thunder, will Durant beco... 2 min Bubblez451 4
How can i install Diablo 3 4 min Bubblegum5910 4
"At times", ""I"" have "felt like" a "battered ... 5 min Vulva2976 4
Do women like male butts? How do I know if I ha... (Oct '11) 7 min Fresh6183 67
The 71st anniversary of the Great Victory. We r... 8 min Massage2771 4
GOKTURK FRANKE Services Servis ( 2I2 342 00 24... 10 min Booty6322 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Rosesz 638,095
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min Neville Thompson 43,936
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Naturally Wired 38,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr truth 181,966
More from around the web