“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#646519 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong!
Actually the Bible is only 99.97% wrong, occasionally it gets something right!

For instance:

Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

Homosexuals especially should write this one down, as well as those who are fond of sodomy. BibleGod tells us there is a time for gay sex and a season for sodomy.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#646520 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well isn't this an odd reunion.....
OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....
<quoted text>
Um....
Probably that OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....
Nice dodge.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646522 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
Pretty sure, now that you mention it, if 'Ed Mackay Used Books' had one, they would've realized so and priced it accordingly.
(outta my price range)
Outta mine, too.
Although there are al;ways garage sales.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646523 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It's telling you the differences between "flesh" and "spirit".
Define "spirit". Without invoking magic.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646524 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It's telling you the differences between "flesh" and "spirit".
Okay. So as long as one is only jealous, angry and vengeful in "flesh", it's okay.

Gee- as long as the "spirit" attends church, it's okay if the "flesh" then beats his wife to a pulp because she looked at another guy and her hubby got jealous and angry as hell.

No wonder so many godbots are such incredible f*ck-ups.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646527 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well isn't this an odd reunion.....
OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....
<quoted text>
Um....
Probably that OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....
And.....so?????

And I have NO idea when Dazzle or Huh reappeared.....after an absence of several weeks (or maybe longer) I posted once yesterday and then quite a bit today.

Haven't looked as to when Dazzle or Huh started posting; didn't even know they'd stopped.

But then again, I have a life and really can't be bothered as to paying attention regarding who posts when, who stops posting, when they start re-posting, etc.

Again- to state that OCB (me), "Lunger" and Huh all appear on the same day is NOT a point; it is merely an observation.

What is the point you are trying to make (and blindly groping for) with your observation?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#646529 Jul 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Religion has no purpose in civilization anymore. We have found much better alternatives.
Indeed.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646530 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! Religion retards intellectual development as completely brainwashed godbots like you demonstrate in this forum on a daily basis with your utterly stupid comments, kid.
I agree completely. Azak-Thazda should sell his computer and give the money to the poor.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#646531 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has never been beneficial to society.
Well, it may have been what caused society to initially coalesce.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646533 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
RR's first post, as a registered user, on this thread, was the classic "Prove there's not!".
He's made very little progress.
Close. I'm touched that you remember it...

Page 24748, post# 516174

I wrote:

"Prove there's NOT a God..... Go on, try... "

And here we are, 30,000 posts later and not one of you have met my challenge.

Location hidden

#646534 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
rep∑ro∑bate (rpr-bt)
n.
1. A morally unprincipled person.
2. One who is predestined to damnation.
adj.
1. Morally unprincipled; shameless.
2. Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.
When I write RR this is what one of the R's stands for.
Name calling?

And I had such high hopes for you...

Location hidden

#646535 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Bible is only 99.97% wrong, occasionally it gets something right!
For instance:
Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
Homosexuals especially should write this one down, as well as those who are fond of sodomy. BibleGod tells us there is a time for gay sex and a season for sodomy.
You must've missed the "under heaven" part...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646536 Jul 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You can't beat anybody with out of context quotes. You obviously never debated in college. Get a grip, loser.
Psalms 121:4 ("Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep")
versus
Psalms 44:23 ("Awake, why sleepest thou, 0 Lord? arise, cast us...") and
Psalms 73:20 ("O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image')

Please show what is out of context, put it back in context and then explain how the meaning has changed.

You won't because you can't because you are just a disruptive sore loser who exists to spread lies about God and stir up dissension between normal people.

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

How does it feel nano to know that God hates what you do here?

Location hidden

#646537 Jul 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Define "spirit". Without invoking magic.
Oh, gosh. Without magic?

hmm...

The nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

Location hidden

#646539 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. So as long as one is only jealous, angry and vengeful in "flesh", it's okay.
Gee- as long as the "spirit" attends church, it's okay if the "flesh" then beats his wife to a pulp because she looked at another guy and her hubby got jealous and angry as hell.
No wonder so many godbots are such incredible f*ck-ups.
Who's the f*ck-up?

You can't even coprehend it properly.

The Spirit cannot indulge in anything of the Flesh. And vice versa.

Comprende?

Location hidden

#646540 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And.....so?????
And I have NO idea when Dazzle or Huh reappeared.....after an absence of several weeks (or maybe longer) I posted once yesterday and then quite a bit today.
Haven't looked as to when Dazzle or Huh started posting; didn't even know they'd stopped.
But then again, I have a life and really can't be bothered as to paying attention regarding who posts when, who stops posting, when they start re-posting, etc.
Again- to state that OCB (me), "Lunger" and Huh all appear on the same day is NOT a point; it is merely an observation.
What is the point you are trying to make (and blindly groping for) with your observation?
It's just an amazing coincidence. I guess.

I haven't seen you, Lunger or Huh here for probably a month, aside from ONE post here and there.

Then all of sudden, you show up and so does Lunger and Huh...

huh...

Location hidden

#646542 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has never been beneficial to society.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it may have been what caused society to initially coalesce.
Agreed.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646545 Jul 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Those are human "qualities". ;)
No, seriously, people need to learn to feel guilty for doing evil crap. And nobody ever died from humiliation. You may think it unwarranted, but many others feel people like Jeffrey Dahmer died too quick and easy. If he had done those awful things to my child I'd want him skinned very slowly...and more.
GOD: "I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9)

I blame God for Jeffery Dahmer. And you for asserting the Bible is the word of God. If Jeffery had been taught that the Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted, well, who knows.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#646546 Jul 29, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
"When religion becomes a recognition of the fact that we exist in the Universe and that we are on automatic converting minerals into conscious thought"
<edited>
This is a philosophy I can not follow, we are not minerals.
We are intelligent life , the cream of the crop, and apex predators of Planet Earth. We were endowed with mental ability to conquer teeth and claw with spear and sword. We traded muscle and tooth in an evolutionary arms race, for brains and ability to fabricate things.(why this happened is left for you to conjure) The fact it did is not.

Consciousness and thought are the result of evolution of the neural correlates of consciousness.

"Science is not the final authority on truth and never will be
To sum this up, I don't think scientists have all the answers.
More importantly than that (which is obvious, right?) is that science doesn't even have all the IMPORTANT answers."

FULL STOP.
No but by consensus and by universal agreement , it is the ONLY way we have to determine the truth.
While we do not have every truth "nailed down" we have some of them and are confident they are "true".

"Science is a soulless, logical process used to discovered, analyze, and eventually manipulate the sensible, physical world around us.
But it's curious that science has little to nothing to say on the "central observer", or a person's "awareness of their awareness".

It's like a fluid, non-existent entity. All they do and can do is tag mental functions to brain sections, that's it. It's not really proof of anything.

Food for thought, I hope."

Science is mans only hope of ever discovering what anything is or how it was or will ever come to be.
You may object to what is found by science, but you will submit to it , BECAUSE.... when all is said and done...

It is the truth.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#646547 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the f*ck-up?
You can't even coprehend it properly.
The Spirit cannot indulge in anything of the Flesh. And vice versa.
Comprende?
When I think of spirits, it's either booze or Casper the friendly ghost.

Catcher does not own a soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min DNF 95,548
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 11 min hockeydude48 44
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min KayMarie 543,174
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min bad bob 173,879
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min ChristINSANITY is... 227,931
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Insults Are Easier 259,751
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Dally Mama 441,338
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min waaasssuuup 601,199

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••