Prove there's a god.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#646981 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I respectfully remain a skeptic. There is a lot of evidence for additional theories that add-in to the history of evolution, and some completely different altogether that get none of the attention or research they deserve simply because they are unpopular.

Have you ever looked into that stuff=)
so youre ID cretinist believer ,why not say that in the beggining?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646982 Jul 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"Raup and Sepkoski1–3 have recently reported evidence for a 26-Myr cycle in biological mass extinctions which, if real, requires an astronomical explanation. Here we investigate a model in which this extinction cycle is associated with the orbital period of a solar companion star. The required semi-major axis is (a *), semi-major axis) &#8776; 8.8 × 104 AU = 1.4 light yr. Its highly eccentric orbit (e * greater than or similar to 0.9) periodically brings the companion into the dense inner region (less than or similar to2 × 104 AU) of the comet cloud where it perturbs the orbits of large numbers of comets, initiating an intense comet shower4 in the Solar System which results in several terrestrial impacts over a period of 105–106 yr. The companion probably has a mass in the black dwarf range of 2 × 10&#8722;4 to 7 × 10&#8722;2 M circle dot, depending on its eccentricity and the density distribution of comets in the inner cloud, and is potentially observable in the infrared."
That is a much better explanation than what is found at the links I provided, thanks for sharing that.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#646983 Jul 30, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how it is in England, but here I remember when I was in school, the teachers wouldn't say anything to the effect "This is the truth which no one can question, doubt or deny!". On the other hand though, they didn't declare either that "This is what we suppose or postulate currently from the knowledge we currently have". An impressionable child doesn't know any better. The most basic thing a child would do is take it as fact. Only afterwards people learn about things such as criteria of evidence, scientific method, historical evidence criteria etc.
Perhaps the teachers are too sloppy and should state the definitiveness of what they teach. On the other hand though, it would be very tedious to state it for every single thing. Only aspects of maths, physics, and computer science can be regarded as definitive and easily proven right before childrens eyes. The rest is presented information that children often have no option but to accept.
What would be your solution to this? Surely not everyone can home school their children, and home schooling is not as wholistic as normal school anyway.
No, u r right! That's how it is here too!

I guess u r right. Home schooling wouldn't work coz it's the parents who need more educating than the kids. Those poor children who have stupid parents and stupid teachers.

There is no solution coz the government will not allow it. The education system is too powerful, it's controlled by people with a very evil agenda. Have you noticed that schools now look like prisons? They have metal bars everywhere and u can not enter without having your photo taken. I also heard that they are thinking of banning children from bringing home made food. They control what are children learn and now they want to control what our children eat. How people think this is right is beyond me.

The only thing I can say is that educate your own children and other children in your family about this corrupt world. Even if we can save a few we still have a chance.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#646984 Jul 30, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say yes,
it helps the smart crooks aka preachers exploit the stupid sheeple for financial gain,,and tax free too..LOL
at least commies put a stop to this idiocy..how long will you morons take?
Figures you don't appreciate art and higher learning, libraries,healthcare, charities...etc. Next time you or your family needs hospital care, make sure it's not connected to a religion. Try Stalin or pol pot Hospital.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646985 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?"
There. Now you know.
Nope.

If you read my responses to this post of yours: There. Now YOU know.

But just to attempt to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR for you:

The SOUL and the SPIRIT are NOT- I repeat- are NOT- the same thing.

Not at all and not by a long shot.

Bad enough you have deluded yourself into actually believing you are a true Christian who actually adheres to and obeys Christian dogma; far worse that you have obviously now deluded yourself into believing you are ANY kind of biblical scholar.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#646986 Jul 30, 2013
If it is imagination, no one will ever dare to put his hands across on a 11000 volt electricity line. Never ever!!

Location hidden

#646987 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that idea, that's definitely a start. We need to explore what is "morality", what is "ethics", and bring their focus into something that is democratically selected by everyone, including the abundance of rational people on earth, so that Mankind has a common "rule of law" when it comes to what is ethical and what is unethical.
If we begin to purposefully enlighten people to these things, and perhaps other steps as well, yes, I think any new religions that form will be significantly less toxic and less abusive to mankind.
Ideally they will cease to be abusive and toxic and start to be beneficial, they will actually AID mankind, not harm him.
That's real alchemy right there. Throw the lead away and buy some gold, you may be a wise man. Turn the lead INTO gold, and you are wiser than the wisest of men.
There is one huge problem in what you are suggesting and that is sleeping people on automatic. You must wake them up first. Nothing can happen in sleep.

You make a mistake believing that people will listen to reason. This discussion has more than enough evidence to squash that idea.

Instead of presenting your ideas to reasonable thinking atheists try presenting them to the Westboro Baptist Church.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#646988 Jul 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>These are not your typical, normal, next-door-neighbor type atheists, these are radical atheists who have no problem with fantasizing about separating you from your will. One of their self-glorified leaders (Sam Harris) preaches about that very subject. He dreams of a Brave New World where he's the Grand Determiner.
be afraid dude be very afraid..LOL

who is Sam Harris?

Elk Grove, CA

#646989 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler had Vatican backing and did what he did in the name of his god
Pol Pot spent 12 years in a catholic boarding school
Stalin was tipped for priesthood and reinstated the church when he gained power
Hitler used the Vatican, didn't make him a Christian putting fear into the Church. Pol pot was a confessed atheist. Stalin was a confessed atheist. But the bottom line is they killed because they were evil, not because of their beliefs in a religion or atheism. That was my initial point. Blame man.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#646990 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed on the first point. But I think castration is too nice of a penalty.
Disagreed on the latter. The RCC been a patron of science, and founded schools, universities and hospitals. Catholic scientists, both religious and lay, have led scientific discovery in many fields; geology, astronomy, genetics, medicine, even evolution. Doubt that? Look up "Philosophie Zoologique" from the early 1800's.
Ah, an example from the 1800's? Care to give examples from the 10-1600's?

See, the Industrial age, as well as the political revolutions during the late 1700/early 1800's greatly broke the power the church had. It is easy for the church to keep its power when all science does was explain phenomena like gravity, movement, momentum and inertia. But when science became prominent in mass manufacturing, it started taking a front seat. The RCC did not become pro-science because of a change in theology, rather because of inability to compete with it

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646992 Jul 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You still said that they're not Christians.
Why do you think that?
Just in that they aren't the same type of Christians. Like Georgians are nothing like Californians even though they're both American.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646993 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I did read your post- the bulk of which was copied and pasted scripture.
Along with that, I did read your "explanation" which is worthless given that you are not only NOT a biblical scholar but that you ARE a biblical cherry picker.
"copied and pasted scripture"?!? What the hell else would it be?

O_o
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#646994 Jul 30, 2013
LesleyPaul wrote:
If it is imagination, no one will ever dare to put his hands across on a 11000 volt electricity line. Never ever!!
and your point is??

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646995 Jul 30, 2013
Mythic Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! It's YOU who's humiliating yourself
100% wrong! It's you that's humiliating yourself. You boast and brag about some supposed scientific evidence of natural origins of life but refuse to post said evidence. Insead you belittle people and call all Christians lunatics that should be in a nuthouse.

You are incapable of debate.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#646996 Jul 30, 2013
LesleyPaul wrote:
God is a universal life force that helps living beings in their living process. He is a life giver. When someone reject their life he will loose his sense of living and risks his life. Those who love God loves life. God can be known when someone pays respect to him or praises him. God cannot be seen just as electricity cannot be seen by the naked eye but it is there.
How is it that you know the inner workings of "God", whereas many don't?

"He is a life giver."
- do you have some proof that this occurs?

"When someone reject their life he will loose his sense of living and risks his life."
- WOW!! Really? Where is this written at?

"God can be known when someone pays respect to him or praises him. "
- How?
- Please provide the detailed process.

"God cannot be seen just as electricity cannot be seen by the naked eye but it is there."
- "God" hasn't been seen by anyone in a very long time. What makes you believe that "God" is 'there'?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#646997 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Brotherly, soldierly love is homosexual. Is that what your contending?
Not at all. Double Fine has two friends for whom he would go to war for.

But Double Fine does not compare that love to that of a woman.

Most likely, David on Jonathan were bum chums. Nothing wrong with that. David even danced in the streets. Nkthing wrong with that. He would have loved to be in the pink parade, Double Fine thinks

Elk Grove, CA

#646998 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not worth my time to address your entire post.
But I will remark on a few things you said:
Organized religion has contributed to "higher learning"??
Apparently, not in YOUR case- given that you having capitalized the "h" in "higher learning" is incorrect.
At any rate, that example was not even needed given that one of the main goals of ALL organized religions is to keep the masses as ignorant and as fearful as possible.
Organized religion is used to CONTROL the masses and keeping those masses ignorant and fearful only makes them easier to control.
As to your question, my beliefs are closer to those of Deism than anything else.
And you may now argue that Deism is an organized religion, but when I refer to organized religion, I am referring to the MAJOR ones and I wouldn't even necessarily consider Deism to be an "organized" religion or at least not "organized" in the sense that major religions are.
LOL...my entire post was 6 lines. Does that mean we shouldn't respond to your post that is 3 times longer? Now you admit organized religion has contributed to higher education, thank you. To be technical, most Christians today are not happy with "organized religion". And to the belief that we are not saved by attendance or many of the rituals that man has put into churches, but that is another subject.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646999 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What theologians? Who?
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do your OWN research for a change- geez!!!!
The CONSENSUS among Christians and ALL theologians is that animals do not have souls.
Who? If it's "ALL theologans", it should be easy for you to google.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647001 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're making the "spirit" synonymous with a soul??
"The soul and the spirit are not the same
Even though our Bible uses the words soul and spirit interchangeably, there is a very distinct difference that we cannot ignore. These passages in God's Word that make a very clear distinction between the soul and the spirit:
Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
1 Thessalonians 5:23, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/soul_spirit.ph...
Thank you for that scripture.

Notice the “joints and marrow”? That refers to the body PLUS the “soul and spirit,” revealing again that we have these three parts (body, spirit and soul).

Just as marrow is hidden inside the joints, our spirit is hidden in our soul.

I hope you're learning something.

Location hidden

#647002 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text> You are demented...You don't even know what I represent, or what I think...Someone like you, if it was ever revealed to you, what I represent, it would kill you. You don't have the strength to stand up under that horrible and inescapable truth.
You are weak, Myth Buster. But most of your kind are.
Fuck off now. You have no purpose here other than to incite anger and call people names.
I can't remember the last time you added to this discussion in any positive way.
Well, Azak-Thazda, you seem to be calling a few names yourself and I do not see how this personal attack is any different form what you are complaining about.

Myth Buster is quite clever and entertaining when pointing out stupidity and dishonesty in messages that are posted in this discussion.

I would have to say that about 99% of what is posted here does not add to this discussion in any positive way so I question why you have singled out Myth Buster! Is it because he calls you out when you post something like, "You don't have the strength to stand up under that horrible and inescapable truth."?

If you have some truth why beat around the bush and only hint at it? Why not just come right out and say this is the truth and here is how I know it is the truth.

You do not realize that you sound just like all the talking donkeys who have waltzed in here to tell us what the truth is.

Do tell us why we should accept that you have the truth? And then only once you establish your credibility tell us what this truth is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min oneear69 646,312
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min River Tam 47,798
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 21 min spinosaurus baryonyx 53,812
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 105,569
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 46 min Joi C 2,006
Will Jesus show Satan to the world B 4 he goes ... 49 min Doctor REALITY 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,215
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr X Pendable 182,614
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web