Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#647062 Jul 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't god simply deliver the finished product instead of using men as intermediaries? That would have eliminated the question of fidelity to the truth, as god is the only author. His angels could have distributed them like phone books.
Ya, and that would've been written in a book thousands of years ago. Would you believe that book more?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#647063 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, sure.
How about the defeat of the Mongols in 1241?
How about a little dicovery that Columbus made in 1492?
Or Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel ceiling in 1508?
Or the sack of Rome in 1527?(which ended so much persecution)
Or the reforming the Julian Calendar in 1582?
The RCC isn't all crusades and witch burnings. They HAVE done a great many good things the past 2,000 years.
The Mongols were never defeated.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#647064 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait one friggin minute there, OCB.
How about that Creation Museum, or whatever it's called.
It's close to you, I think, somewhere in that intellectual
wasteland better known as the "South".
LOL!! Are you referring to the Holy Land Experience THEME park where Jesus gets paid $7.50 an hour??

And oddly enough, while Florida is the southernmost state, it's not often that one hears of Florida being referred to as "the South"......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647065 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not most likely. In fact, it's far from likely.
"surpassing the love of a woman" is not a sexual connotation. It simply means that their brotherly/soldierly love was not a physical thing.
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You don't KNOW that.
Yes I do KNOW that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647067 Jul 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
and YOU shouldn't be buying those used mags for top $ off craigs list!
just kidding, but you asked for it;)
I had NO idea one could buy Playboy off of Craigs List, but it comes as NO surprise to me that YOU knew that.....

And I'm NOT kidding and you DID ask for it......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647068 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:

Sorry, bub- but a heterosexual man would not try to draw any comparison between heterosexual love for a WOMAN versus platonic love for a man.
He was talking about is best, beloved friend and fellow war hero that just died. He was grieving, he was sad, and he made that statement.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#647069 Jul 30, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have put a period after the third word Retarded Reprobate. Then your message would have contained some truth. All you had to say was "I don't think" and everyone would have been thrilled to have agreed with you.
Used to be you Christians were afraid of left handed people and Christian teachers in the public schools would try to force those born left handed to write with their right hands. It all failed, not one left handed student ever was able to make the switch. Of course there are a few who can write with both hands equally and that makes it possible to claim success at forcing people to switch.
Humans are born with their sexuality which is much more varied than heterosexual or homosexual; it is set in stone and can not be changed any more than a left handed person can change which hand they use to write with.
But of course you are way too stupid to learn this, instead you will repeat the lies and nonsense the con-artist at the front of your church told you because you know it upsets people who know the facts and wish to reach some understand, but that is what you love to do; stir up dissension between people.
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
"Humans are born with their sexuality..."

alas, once again we arrive at the point of contention for most of the God-haters on these threads......sigh.....

be as freaky as ya wanna be, gay dude, nobody is hating you for it here! only don't try to turn our shared world into the rubble which became sodom and gomorrah or we're gonna hafta fight it out in the political arena and courts of law......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647070 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Theo Logan is a friend of mine.
LOL

Nice.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647071 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rev still lives with his mom.
<shocking>
Did you stop to think that maybe his mother lives with HIM???

It happens quite a lot you know where parents who are elderly and/or not in good health are welcomed into the homes of their adult children.

A foreign concept for you, no doubt but not only does that take place here more than you obviously realize, it is commonplace in Asian countries for parents to live with their adult children.

It has to do with compassion and love for one's aging parents- something else you obviously have no consideration for.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#647073 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
That was only a demo video :( But I found the whole video and watched it. That was fascinating, thank you.
They were pretty inconclusive about what "The Third Man" is throughout the whole thing, though. They never really came out and said "This is definitely a neurological phenomenon".
I think there's a high likelihood that the "Third Man" phenomenon is just neural programming, personally. And, if it is just neural programming, a hidden survival switch buried in our brains, it seems disconnected from the reality of one's "present existence" within the machination of the brain and body, only viewable in self-reflection.
So I have a third man survival switch...so what? You know what I'm saying? How does one extra layer of programming mean I have this "ghost in the shell" experience, that can only be seen in the self and not other people/animals?(that is to say, each person can only see this within themselves)
To put it more completely, I don't think it matters WHAT programs you discuss, that our brains are loaded with, when it comes to this core inquiry. In the end we're still referring to the brain as a material, biological computer. Maybe it can trick itself into believing in the Self,(I think there is quite a following around the idea "Consciousness is an Illusion" if you google it, a lot of interesting finds) but...well. I feel I'm becoming repetitive.
No offense, but sometimes I feel like the other person needs to have realized how out-of-place this core observer is, in what is SUPPOSED to be nothing more than biological automata to really get anywhere in an inquiry like we're sharing right now. It seems a lot of people just take it for granted and don't try to quantify it at all, and this is what I originally meant by "Science won't touch it, knows nothing about it." Not the observable phenomena of consciousness, as I stated, but this one 'hidden' element. The element of the observer within.
I have no reason to be here, experiencing myself typing this. This identity and body could be typing this to you just fine without my existence, and it's computerized brain emulating everything about my being and personality and quirks perfectly.
Why the hell am I here, existing with it, observing it?
There is a soul, or matter/energy has an unknown property deeply related to the "central observer" I'm discussing. I just can't see any level of neural programming making up for this, unless the neural programming is of an order of advanced natural/(artificial?) technology and is summoning into being something more than what it appears.
What I really want to know is, have you experienced this central observer, and felt how out of place it was in your material body?

Being alive and mortal somewhat exceeds any type programing,
the individuality is a function of living intelligence.

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#647074 Jul 30, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution, a personal psychological evolution is a much stronger force. When one is awake one can not do evil. Only sleeping people do things they know to be wrong.
Please do not believe me, follow Buddha's instruction, "believe nothing, verify everything", then try to do something intentionally that you know is wrong and you will find that you can not do it.
This also shows us how confused and divorced from reality are sleeping people, they can turn things that are wrong, like murder into something then can believe is right by saying the person deserved to die because he said I was stupid, or some other nonsense.
I like what Buddha said, "believe nothing, verify everything". Of course it was just copied from an earlier myth that was over 10,000 years older.
Isn't it interesting how many religious leaders were born of virgins on the 25th of December! Something like 25 or more.
"Only sleeping people do things they know to be wrong."

Uh, "100% wrong!" lol. Greed. You can know all the truths in the world and still only give a damn about yourself. Greed, selfishness, lust for power. Lust to control men. It is never ending and is not an ailment of Religion but of human nature. Nature itself is given unto survival, the pursuit of self-interest.

You could almost say, from a naturalistic perspective, we're supposed to be greedy self-interested snobs who try daily to learn how to con other people and attain power.

To make my point, Mao and Joseph Stalin were considered "atheists". But they also had visions concerning the health and welfare of their countries...and of their own self interest.

The ruin they brought upon mankind defies description, the statistic of deaths will never do their reigns of terror justice.

"This also shows us how confused and divorced from reality are sleeping people, they can turn things that are wrong, like murder into something then can believe is right by saying the person deserved to die because he said I was stupid, or some other nonsense."

This is actually interesting, Reverend Alan. Please define "sleeping" and what event constitutes "waking up"?

"I like what Buddha said, "believe nothing, verify everything". Of course it was just copied from an earlier myth that was over 10,000 years older.
Isn't it interesting how many religious leaders were born of virgins on the 25th of December! Something like 25 or more."

I like many things the Buddha said as well. And I know what you're getting at with the december 25th thing. Winter Solstice was an event of religious importance to many people, but referring to this "Jesus of Nazareth", he was born in the early spring. Christmas was erected to over-write the Roman holiday of Saturnalia, to make transition from worship of the Roman Pantheon, to Christianity easier for the people.

People still celebrated Saturnalia. They just did so under the guise of "Christmas", and gave the day the importance of being "Jesus Christ's birthday".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647075 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter to you anyway?
So WHAT if he was talking about romantic/sexual love for another man?
So the F*CK what????
I know that's how you see it. "Who cares?"

I do.

It matters for context. If he was having sex with a man, I agree. So what.

But he wasn't.

So what.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647076 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not most likely. In fact, it's far from likely.
"surpassing the love of a woman" is not a sexual connotation. It simply means that their brotherly/soldierly love was not a physical thing.
<quoted text>
Yes I do KNOW that.
Okay- so you KNOW what that "team of people" who are "properly" translating the bible do NOT know.

Got it.

You don't know SQUAT, RR.

But you're shivering in the shoes at the very idea that he might have been GAY.

Why should that matter anyway???

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647078 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no.
You're wrong, as usual.
Georgians are not Americans.
Georgia is a sovereign nation. It is located in Eurasia. Its capital is Tbilisi.
Georgians are Georgians, and Californians are indeed Americans.
See, OCB and DF?
This is the way to deal with RR.
He should be used as fodder for entertainment, and nothing more.
Sheesh.
Oh the hubris abound...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647079 Jul 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:

100% wrong! The debate is over
For you it has.

Cuz you're incapable of debate.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647080 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>SHAME on you for not understanding, I didn't say religion contributed to every single college and hospital. What's funny is how you waste your time on not making a point. LOL
I KNOW you didn't say that.

But you tried to say that religion has contributed a vast majority to the founding of colleges, hospitals, museums, etc.

And sorry- that simply is not true.

What's funny is how you so totally missed the point but I know you really didn't; with this post of yours you are trying to UN-paint yourself out of the corner you so moronically and witlessly painted yourself into.

MUCH more of all that you mentioned was NOT founded or started by ANY organized religion.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647081 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh goody. You "got me" on ONE out of how many examples, RR?
In the meantime, I'm STILL waiting for that list from you regarding your statement that "most colleges" were started by the RCC.
Just the ONE I knew about.

I COULD research the others....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647082 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

Listen
No

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#647083 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>SHAME on you for not understanding, I didn't say religion contributed to every single college and hospital. What's funny is how you waste your time on not making a point. LOL
Here is what you DID say:

"RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Figures you don't appreciate art and higher learning, libraries,healthcare, charities...etc. Next time you or your family needs hospital care, make sure it's not connected to a religion. Try Stalin or pol pot Hospital."

So you very strongly implied that an appreciation of art and higher learning, etc. has something major to do with religion.

You also seem to think a hospital is either based on religion or else is based on communism.

That leaves out a LOT of hospitals which have NOTHING to do with either.

I'm beginning to think that you and RR are one and the same person since you both share the same unsavory characteristics of being smarmy and duplicitous.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#647084 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- it's YOU who didn't learn anything or else refuses to admit that you did.
You posted scripture about the SPIRIT and you proved you had NO clue that the spirit and the soul are NOT one and the same thing.
You DO know we were talking about SOULS and NOT spirits, don't you?
Or do you?
No they are not the same thing but they are interchangeable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spread This Around & Stop The Lies! 33 min Truth 1
News Arresting the homeless isn't the answer (Jul '12) 1 hr Christie Taylor 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr iamcuriousnow 42,498
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr European Slave 156
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 690,591
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Remnant 144000 619,851
More from around the web