1/(1/6)^14 = 7.8x10^10
if each roll took 1 second you would expect this to happen every 2500 years
Considerably better than chance id say.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#646945 Jul 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't respond to either of us on the "percentage" point, either.
Give him time to concoct something, I’m sure he will unless of course he (deliberately) misses (or ignores) the posts
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#646946 Jul 30, 2013
John wrote:
God is too big to be proven like some kind of scientific theory. He is a bit like an author of book in that He is completely outside the universe, although He came into the universe as Jesus Christ, so read all about Jesus in the Bible if you want to find God. There are other hints of God's existence too, eg creation, conscience, morality, justice, compassion, etc. If God doesn't exist then Darwin and Hitler are right and it's all just a brutal, amoral survival of the fittest universe, which instinct tells us is not the case.
outside of Universe is logical contradiction,ie Impossible..your god doesnt exist

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646947 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Rev Dahmer misrepresented the quote as if it was the direct word of God. It wasn't, it was a vision that Jeremiah wrote.
Would it be intellectually dishonest for me to quote you out of context and make it seem like something you didn't write?
Yes.
So, you maintain your position that "prophecy" is not the word of god.

It's just what various "prophets" were thinking at the time.

Congratulations, you're coming around!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646948 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, this IS rich!
ROFFLMAO!!!
It is YOU who does not understand what the "word of god" means, RR- YOU!!!
Because no matter how plain the words are, if you don't LIKE the words, you attempt to TWIST those words and attribute a meaning to them that YOU are PERSONALLY comfortable with.
You obviously fancy yourself as one of those "team of people" you referred to yesterday.
And what makes that even funnier is that not all that long ago you pathetically attempted to argue the FACT that Catholics ARE Christians and you tried to DENY that and for no reason other than that you don't LIKE the CATHOLIC branch of Christianity.
Of course, not liking a fact doesn't in any way change a fact.
Your arrogance is pretty much as appalling as is your willful ignorance and intellectual laziness.
What? I never said I don't like Catholicism. Never. I disagree with some of their practices but I don't dislike it.

Where are you getting this from?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646949 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Give him time to concoct something, I’m sure he will unless of course he (deliberately) misses (or ignores) the posts
Which RR does ALL the time when painted into a corner and considering how often he does, in fact, paint himself into a corner, that is pretty much "all the time".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646950 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>My debate was my response based on the research I did.
And if YOU had read MY post, you would have seen I posted ANOTHER source along with Wiki.
And all YOU did was post scripture which by YOUR definition means YOU didn't debate anything either.
Incorrect. I posted scripture with an explanation.

As I thought, you didn't read my post.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646951 Jul 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Your imaginary friend doesn't exist. Unfortunately, your barbaric cult does exist and consequently our planet has become infested with blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted piles of shit like you.
Darwin was a brilliant scientist. Hitler was a Christian and Nazism was Christianity on steroids.
It's highly unlikely a retarded and revolting godbot like you will ever have the capacity to differentiate Christian revisionist history from history and Christian pseudoscience from science.
Ah- get ready for RR to tell you that Hitler really wasn't a Christian but only said he was.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646952 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda: My point is that God, or various incarnations of God are not disprovable because science cannot build a telescope that sees into purported heavenly or godly realities.

ALAN: You can not tell me about God, heavenly bodies and godly realities until first you establish that they exist.

I assert that there is no God. That does not mean there is no Universe with human beings in it. I assert that humanity is just as much a part of the Universe as are planets, atoms and galactic clusters.

Do you understand what I am saying here? The Universe exists and we are a part of it, duh! The Universe operates on its own. The closest thing we have to a God is gravity.

Azak-Thazda: My point is also that man is inherently a spiritual creature, who dreams of the beyond, and asks questions nobody can answer.

ALAN: What do you mean by "spiritual"? We ask questions because we do not know something, and that is how Con-artists come into the picture, but that does not mean there are no answers. There are things we can know. I am not here to answer I am here to prove to the biblicists that the answers they insist they know are wrong. Biblicists do not know anything more than anyone else. So this conversation is going to be a short one.

Azak-Thazda: If you cannot stop man from being religious, and you cannot technically disprove of any of his dreams other than to say "We have no evidence that your dream is real", then we should let men dream as long as their dreams do not hurt other people.

ALAN: How do you define religion? And have you ever seen a religion that didn't end up being run by con-artists who went around hurting other people?

In America there was Bible established slavery and the American Civil War was a war against Christian values. The pro-slavery south had the Christian position and with God on their side, they lost. America was the only western democracy to end slavery via a war. All the more civilized countries bought all the slaves from the slave owners and then made it illegal to buy slaves. A much better way than the way Abe went about it. How many people died fighting Christianity?

Azak-Thazda: The christian dream certainly hurts other people, so does the muslim dream. But there are religions out there who have harmed nobody, and have added to the peace and serenity of mankind. They are a blessing to embrace, not a curse to throw away. Buddhism is one.

ALAN: Yes, Buddhism is a godless religion closer to reality than is Christianity and Islam. I myself feel much safer around Buddhists than I do around Christians and Muslims. Although Muslims do keep their mouth shut more than Christians who love to pretend they know something the rest of us must be informed about.

Azak-Thazda: So my point, all taken together is, stop trying to kill religion or make it as though religion is inherently bad, and start trying to NURTURE religion, so religion can grow up peaceful and happy, not toxic and hateful.:)

ALAN: I do not make all religions look inherently bad, the Bible makes Christianity look extremely bad and the Christians will not admit to this truth. It is not so much the religion that I hate as it is the followers who are dishonest, deceptive and deceitful liars. The only way I know to get them to back off is to quote their stupid Bible to them. I prove to the biblicists that the Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted and they lie and insist it is, they refuse to deal with the facts and then they try to be as irritating as possible.

Something has made the Christians insane and dangerous. What is that something?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646953 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You can't read.
AGAIN:
*****Theologians say no.*******
What theologians? Who?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646954 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I never said I don't like Catholicism. Never. I disagree with some of their practices but I don't dislike it.
You still said that they're not Christians.

Why do you think that?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646955 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From many of your past posts, RR and you KNOW it.

But go ahead- NIT PICK over my use of the words "don't like" since that's all you've got.

You were only too happy to moronically and ignorantly insist that Catholics are NOT Christians.

If you had NO bone to pick with that sect of Christianity, there would have been no LOGICAL reason for you to attempt to deny and refute the FACT that Catholics are indeed Christians.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646956 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
And there is NO scripture that tells us animals DO have souls.
Incorrect.

Ecclesiastes 3:21

"Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?"

There. Now you know.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646957 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. I posted scripture with an explanation.
As I thought, you didn't read my post.
I did read your post- the bulk of which was copied and pasted scripture.

Along with that, I did read your "explanation" which is worthless given that you are not only NOT a biblical scholar but that you ARE a biblical cherry picker.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646959 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does the word of god mean? Does it mean made up BS that you will believe anyway or does it mean made up BS that you will selectively believe?
What we have in the babble is the word of unknown bronze age characters who made claims that what they wrote was the word of god. There is NO word of god, only what people like you interpret as the word of god.
However you are welcome to accept this as the word of god (or selectively accept this) if that’s what gives you comfort and joy.
Incorrect.

The Word of God means all scripture given to us from God via His prophets.

Ie; the Bible, the scripture.

It doesn't mean that the words written in the Bible are the "words of God".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646960 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What theologians? Who?
Do your OWN research for a change- geez!!!!

The CONSENSUS among Christians and ALL theologians is that animals do not have souls.

But really- this is beyond STUPID, since the existence of souls is in no way any sort of fact and is nothing more than religious BELIEF with absolutely ZERO proof of actually existing- just like ANY god which MIGHT exist.

But for argument's sake- let's assume such a thing as souls actually exist, are real and even provable.

That would not change the FACT that emotions stem from the BRAIN and this is not only a well known fact, but a fact that has been proven countless times over.

YOU are the one who stated yesterday that our emotions stem from our souls; sigh....AGAIN- even if souls exist, your statement was one THOUSAND percent factually INCORRECT.

I'm sorry that you have such a problem with the FACT that emotions are a product of the BRAIN and that you are SO delusional you prefer to believe that our emotions stem from a place/thing that can't even be proven to exist.

That's just sad......

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646961 Jul 30, 2013
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you point and counter
If you want people to study religions add course on Morality and ethics 101 so everyone who studies will be more responsible to human values , how about it everyone on here?
But does Christian 10 Commandment help but some still go on warring with others with guns... because i said my religion is better than yours? So?
If we had a law against people of the same religion marrying each other like the law the homophobic Christians want against members of the same sex getting married, that would do more to clean up the mess religion has done to the world than anything else.

If Jews could only marry Palestinians and Muslims could only marry Baptists and Catholics could only marry Mormon's or Hindu's and so on, just imagine how free humanity would be from taking religion seriously enough that they would keep killing in the name of God.

I like the atheist aspects of Buddhism as religion should be godless. When religion is godless it corresponds more to reality. When people invent God and then insist we listen to them tell us about it it is an abomination.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#646962 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I am not an atheist.
2. It DOES make a difference given how much organized religion is responsible for suffering, persecution, torture, discrimination, war, killing and death.
3. There are TONS of charities that are not religious and that do not hide behind religion and that do not use religion to promote charitable causes.
4. Do not delude yourself into thinking you can DICTATE to ME if I do or do not belong here in this discussion.
5. You friggin' godbots are SO disgustingly arrogant which is simply further proof of how many of you disrespect, mock, spit on and actually SH*T on the god and the Jesus you claim to believe in, respect, adore, love and obey.
Get stuffed, LOSER.
1. The post was first posted for a confessed atheist 2. People are responsible for suffering, persecution, torture, discrimination, war, killing and death. 3. Of course there are. That does not discount what Churches do. 4. Anyone that makes a comment like you did about the value of religion on this world might fit my comment about not belonging. 5. You didn't mention the other contributions of organized religion like Higher learning. 6. You sound just like an atheist, what are you?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#646963 Jul 30, 2013
God is a universal life force that helps living beings in their living process. He is a life giver. When someone reject their life he will loose his sense of living and risks his life. Those who love God loves life. God can be known when someone pays respect to him or praises him. God cannot be seen just as electricity cannot be seen by the naked eye but it is there.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646964 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?"
There. Now you know.
So now you're making the "spirit" synonymous with a soul??

"The soul and the spirit are not the same

Even though our Bible uses the words soul and spirit interchangeably, there is a very distinct difference that we cannot ignore. These passages in God's Word that make a very clear distinction between the soul and the spirit:

Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

1 Thessalonians 5:23, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/soul_spirit.ph...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 5 min Neville Thompson 1,100
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 16 min truth 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Neville Thompson 286,079
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min truth 92,711
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min truth 667,938
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Sky Writer 31 183,628
Everyone is a fool 2 hr Truthiness 4
More from around the web