Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646921 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And there are no FACTS to support the notion that ANY animals- human or non- have souls since there are no FACTS to support the notion that there is any such thing as a soul.
But PLENTY of facts to support the TRUTH that ALL emotions stem from the BRAIN.
Irrefutable facts and irrefutable proof, no less.
The neural organization of human emotion spans multiple levels of the brain, from the elementary adaptive reflexes of the lower brainstem, to the complex visceral and somatic integration of the hypothalamus and thalamus, to the control of memory and cognition in limbic-cortical networks. At each level, there are implications not only for the experience and expression of emotion, but for the effective motivation of behavior.
ftp://ftp.egi.com/pub/users/dt ucker/papers/BorodHandbook_pre print.pdf
You have led me to the only LOGICAL conclusion I can arrive at- that being that along with you being a death-denier, you are a fact-denier.
And I'm including the following since pretty much everything has to be dumbed down for you to the same level as it takes for CHILDREN to understand:
"Emotion Location
With all the other things it does, is it any surprise that the brain runs your emotions? Maybe you got the exact toy you wanted for your birthday and you were really happy. Or your friend is sick and you feel sad. Or your little brother messed up your room, so you're really angry! Where do those feelings come from? Your brain, of course.
Your brain has a little bunch of cells on each side called the amygdala (say: uh-MIG-duh-luh). The word amygdala is Latin for almond, and that's what this area looks like. Scientists believe that the amygdala is responsible for emotion. It's normal to feel all different kinds of emotions, good and bad. Sometimes you might feel a little sad, and other times you might feel scared, or silly, or glad."
http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/brain.html #
See? NO SOUL REQUIRED- which is a really good thing, since there is no more proof of the existence of souls than there is proof of the existence of any god.
Sorry for your luck.
LMMFAO!

kidshealth.org said it. It MUST be true!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646922 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You cannot expose The Void itself, Aura Mytha :P
Are we role-playing or something?
And if I 'experience' you, is that going to be like a sexual encounter?=\
When you play word games like this, "I know something you don't know" you have no room to complain about how people treat you. You are not acting like an adult and you are not serious.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646923 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh- and a "set up" question?
Why are so many godbots so damned duplicitous and smarmy?
I guess you're following the good book in not saying what you mean or meaning what you say.
What a sorry A@@ confused lot of FOOLS you people are.
We all missed your insults.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646924 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It dies t seem like you read the post. You didn't debate anything I write, just copy/pasted something you found on Wiki.
My debate was my response based on the research I did.

And if YOU had read MY post, you would have seen I posted ANOTHER source along with Wiki.

And all YOU did was post scripture which by YOUR definition means YOU didn't debate anything either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646926 Jul 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:

Your imaginary friend hasn't revealed himself to you,
Why do you continue to embarrass yourself on this international forum?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646927 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, there is no scripture that tells us animals don't have souls.
Your google search of Genesis 1:26 is extremely flawed. That verse in no way suggests that animals don't have souls, just that we have dominion over them.
You can't read.

AGAIN:

*****Theologians say no.*******

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646928 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your google search of Genesis 1:26 is extremely flawed. That verse in no way suggests that animals don't have souls, just that we have dominion over them.
And there is NO scripture that tells us animals DO have souls.

And even more importantly, there are no FACTS or PROOF to back up the NOTION that ANYTHING has a soul.

What we KNOW exists are BRAINS and what we also know is that emotions stem from the BRAIN.

This is proven FACT and no matter how much you might not LIKE that fact, that fact remains unchanged.

Sorry for your luck.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646930 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And- you and your "team of people".....well, this is part of what your "team of people" have concluded:

Most interpreters of the Bible assume that man’s likeness to God and animals’ subservience to man implies that animals may have the "breath of life," nephesh in Hebrew, but ****not an immortal soul in the same sense as man’s.*****

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#646931 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that. What I mean us that it seems atheists don't understand what "the word of god" means.
So what does the word of god mean? Does it mean made up BS that you will believe anyway or does it mean made up BS that you will selectively believe?

What we have in the babble is the word of unknown bronze age characters who made claims that what they wrote was the word of god. There is NO word of god, only what people like you interpret as the word of god.

However you are welcome to accept this as the word of god (or selectively accept this) if that’s what gives you comfort and joy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646932 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMMFAO!
kidshealth.org said it. It MUST be true!
Again-you DO NOT READ.

I posted THAT link to accommodate your very juvenile brain and sophomoric mindset.

And you totally ignored the FIRST link I posted.

RR, no matter the source, it IS true that emotions stem from the BRAIN.

I refuse to insult MY intelligence by discussing this particular issue with you any further.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646933 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We all missed your insults.
You've already insulted me here, RR as did your pal Ricardo.

STFU.

And your arrogance! That you think you speak for others with your use of "we".

You're a hoot!

#646934 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Rev Dahmer misrepresented the quote as if it was the direct word of God. It wasn't, it was a vision that Jeremiah wrote.
Would it be intellectually dishonest for me to quote you out of context and make it seem like something you didn't write?
Yes.
No he didn’t, he provided the exact verse and made reference to that verse

The passage was meant to be the word of god and RA indicated that.

How you choose to interpret it is you affair but that is just your interpretation, it does not make anyone else a lair.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#646935 Jul 30, 2013
True Truth wrote:
I've been reading a lot about WWII recently and you would've believe the crap that we take as fact today. The countless massacres that we are taught Hitler ordered, it is found today that many of them Stalin and Churchill ordered.
That's worrisome. Clearly, both Hitler and Stalin ordered quite a few. Churchill??? I am pretty sure he aided in preventing the knowledge that Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor from getting out, but I wasn't aware of any massacres.
Granted the Nazis were a misguided bunch, but the way it is presented nowadays, as if the Nazis were demons and the allies were like noble warriors and liberators. Stalin took no prisoners, he killed many of his own people. The numbers are in the million.
Misguided is an understatement. I can't recall the exact name, but one of the concentration camp leaders kept a house nearby, with his wife and daughter. He'd have picknicks, then execute children the next day. That's a bit nastier than "misguided."

Yes, most of Stalin's victims were countrymen. 20 million people, if I'm not mistaken - b/c of massive economic reform and forced altered farming practices.
Churchill and the U.S. were bombing Berlin long after all military targets were destroyed, to terrorize civilians. Over 2 million German women and children were raped under direct orders of Stalin, on his way through Poland towards Berlin. Millions died in death marches and in the Gulags.
Nazi experiments, lampshades made of human skin, soap made from human fat, all a load of nonsense which has no evidence yet we are fed this crap.
We have fantastic evidence for those in the museums in Germany - wallets, soap, etc. Here, from the museum itself:

http://en.auschwitz.org/m/index.php...

Human skin wallet:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacade/224902049...
It's sick, the lies, the fabrication, the sensationalist nonsense. History has become nothing more than a set of lies agreed upon by the victors and taught to us.
Sorry, you should be more careful with what you read. Check out primary sources, double check info.

There are even Nazi videos showing Germans taking tours of the concentration camps - where these tourists are shown what can be done with people. The video itself is one of propaganda, but the faces of the German citizens show shock and disgust.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#646936 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
That just sounds like the more nerves are bundled up the more the conscious property of matter is amplified and structured into a thinking state.
Either that, or, and this is the one thing I think is very unlikely: That the more these nerves evolve, grow, and become more dedicated to conscious thought (Brain to body mass ratio is very telling, usually), that Consciousness is a purely secular concept, arising from nothing.
I'm not sure how that's even possible, once accounted for the Self. Unless nerves are evolution's way of creating a hitherto unknown quantum anomaly that is, itself, the self.
See, seriously, again, introspection is key here. We are all experiencing "presence" in our body. Just because the brain is a complicated computer, and can act human, why do YOU have to be there, experiencing the act of being human inside it/with it?
How is a wad of fat and nerves -summoning- your key, core presence, your central observer?
I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting about nothing. It did take me a while of meditation and introspection to identify this "central observer" as an effect anomalous to what is known about why a system would be self-aware, which is based upon internal feedback of it's own programming. This does require an advanced program/nerve bundle/wiring.
If I had to say it simply, and I fear that this still does not do the concept justice, it is when you sit in a dark, soundless room, motionless, and in that void of sensation, identify the thrum of your own existence behind it all, and the only thing which is true in that moment is... "I Am" ... that can't just be an effect of wiring unless all wiring has it to some degree. And why would wiring have it?
These are questions that plague my mind. I feel like there is some hidden element not being accounted for.:P

There are actually three of you in your persona.
Every person arrives at decision by a consensus of their three minds. Perhaps this is alot the reason we talk to ourselves.
But the third persona lays hidden in your psyche, this part of you only arises when the will to survive takes over. The debate is over for this part of you takes control and does whatever need to be done to survive. But this is the reason why all wiring and computer are not conscious. I know it is disturbing the thought that there is more than one self that makes up "You" and hard to understand you first have to agree between "yourselves" to agree with anything, but that is pretty much how we are wired.

The third you.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646937 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does the word of god mean? Does it mean made up BS that you will believe anyway or does it mean made up BS that you will selectively believe?
What we have in the babble is the word of unknown bronze age characters who made claims that what they wrote was the word of god. There is NO word of god, only what people like you interpret as the word of god.
However you are welcome to accept this as the word of god (or selectively accept this) if that’s what gives you comfort and joy.
He didn't respond to either of us on the "percentage" point, either.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646938 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to make assumptions and think you speak for others?

And embarrassing? Let's see:

RR stating that alcohol and tobacco are not drugs.

RR stating that Catholics are not Christians.

Those are just two examples right off the top of my head which demonstrate how you should be hanging your head in embarrassment.

So uh....."physician", heal THYSELF.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#646939 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
That just sounds like the more nerves are bundled up the more the conscious property of matter is amplified and structured into a thinking state.

These are questions that plague my mind. I feel like there is some hidden element not being accounted for.:P

Here is a better link...free the other wanted 2.00 lol

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel...

Some stable somewhere

#646940 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why are atheists so ignorant tho think the Bible is written by God and every word in it is driectly from Him?
Don't be ridiculous. Us atheists, you know, by definition, don't believe in deities. That includes yours. We "know" your mythological text is the same as everyone other; it was written by people.

Why on earth would you claim that people who don't believe in deities "think the Bible is written by God" etc...?

#646941 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much all Christians agree that the RCC's cover up of pedo-priests is bullshit and wrong.
I can't explain why they do it and I won't pretend to try.
I just know that 99% of them are good, honest men. I see no reason to condemn them all for the evil acts of few.
Oh I don’t condemn them all, but as I said 1% of a lot is a fair number and brushing it under the carpet is not going to make it go away.

You can choose to forgive child molestation as your god given right, I have no god to worship and I cannot and will not forgive paedophilia

What you see is irrelevant

Some stable somewhere

#646942 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I'm not super bright and don't learn from mistakes all that well.

You?

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min New Age Spiritual... 670,791
The Home Depot Opinion Survey Website - www.hom... (Dec '12) 24 min albert 15
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 101,732
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 445,698
*UNparalleled ERA in world history -- 2017 Marc... 4 hr YTube 1
Chet cates 4 hr Rabbit 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Stretch 286,270
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Ricky F 184,347
More from around the web