Prove there's a god.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#646901 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, very true.
I just seems pety to condemn all Catholic priests for the shameful acts of very few of them.
To me, that's like a racist POS saying that all black people are criminals.
Why, if they were not involved in child abuse then many of them knew it was (is) happening and covered it up. Even if they didn’t know then press coverage has made it public and they now attempt to minimise the scandal.

Or all redknecks are stupid -Right?
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#646902 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then you're not a Christian. Christians do NOT believe that animals have souls and I don't believe that you actually think so either.
You said "yes" because if you'd said "no", that would have totally invalidated your moronic and false premise that our emotions stem from our souls.
That IS a lie.
RR are those radical Christians and religious right wingers like Neocons in Power /nation are those war mongers/war-for-profiteers/war investors and its institutions they kowtow to , and using Christianity/religion... as convenience to cover thier evil tracks his sins/wars with world human race, giving its religion a bad reputatuation.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#646903 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No, no, a THOUSAND times NO.
That was kind of a set up question. An atheist with a heart would have said it doesn't make a difference but yes there have been some great things like charities, natural disaster help and universities to just name a few. Glad you fell for it, shows you don't belong here in this discussion.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#646904 Jul 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What you you suppose the odds are for rolling doubles on dice 14 times in a row?
I've seen it, and more than once. Psychedelics can cause telekinesis , of that I am sure. I do not care if you think so or not.
What are the odds of rolling doubles 14 times in a row?
http://www.bkgm.com/rgb/rgb.cgi...
I have seen it more than once.
1/(1/6)^14 = 7.8x10^10

if each roll took 1 second you would expect this to happen every 2500 years

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#646905 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I might have put it more gently.
All of us have had setbacks in life, and have choices as to how to deal with them.
We can develop the mentality of a victim, wallow in misery, complain about our sorry lot (Serah is an example).
We can become embittered and angry, like nano, and lash out at others, put them down, insult them over and over.
Or we can gather our resources to overcome the obstacles we face; attempt to fill our half-empty glass; become a more fulfilled person.
It's up to each of us to choose our path; nano has chosen poorly and pays a heavy price for it.
Your glass is filled with Koolaid and artificial sweetener. Nano has much more depth and taste than you.

She has much more value to humanity than you imagine you do.

Artificial people like you have no staying power.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646906 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Who are you to say what Christians do and don't believe in?
There's no scripture to support the notion that animals don't have souls.
And there are no FACTS to support the notion that ANY animals- human or non- have souls since there are no FACTS to support the notion that there is any such thing as a soul.

But PLENTY of facts to support the TRUTH that ALL emotions stem from the BRAIN.

Irrefutable facts and irrefutable proof, no less.

The neural organization of human emotion spans multiple levels of the brain, from the elementary adaptive reflexes of the lower brainstem, to the complex visceral and somatic integration of the hypothalamus and thalamus, to the control of memory and cognition in limbic-cortical networks. At each level, there are implications not only for the experience and expression of emotion, but for the effective motivation of behavior.

ftp://ftp.egi.com/pub/users/dt ucker/papers/BorodHandbook_pre print.pdf

You have led me to the only LOGICAL conclusion I can arrive at- that being that along with you being a death-denier, you are a fact-denier.

And I'm including the following since pretty much everything has to be dumbed down for you to the same level as it takes for CHILDREN to understand:

"Emotion Location

With all the other things it does, is it any surprise that the brain runs your emotions? Maybe you got the exact toy you wanted for your birthday and you were really happy. Or your friend is sick and you feel sad. Or your little brother messed up your room, so you're really angry! Where do those feelings come from? Your brain, of course.

Your brain has a little bunch of cells on each side called the amygdala (say: uh-MIG-duh-luh). The word amygdala is Latin for almond, and that's what this area looks like. Scientists believe that the amygdala is responsible for emotion. It's normal to feel all different kinds of emotions, good and bad. Sometimes you might feel a little sad, and other times you might feel scared, or silly, or glad."

http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/brain.html #

See? NO SOUL REQUIRED- which is a really good thing, since there is no more proof of the existence of souls than there is proof of the existence of any god.

Sorry for your luck.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646907 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That was kind of a set up question. An atheist with a heart would have said it doesn't make a difference but yes there have been some great things like charities, natural disaster help and universities to just name a few. Glad you fell for it, shows you don't belong here in this discussion.
1. I am not an atheist.

2. It DOES make a difference given how much organized religion is responsible for suffering, persecution, torture, discrimination, war, killing and death.

3. There are TONS of charities that are not religious and that do not hide behind religion and that do not use religion to promote charitable causes.

4. Do not delude yourself into thinking you can DICTATE to ME if I do or do not belong here in this discussion.

5. You friggin' godbots are SO disgustingly arrogant which is simply further proof of how many of you disrespect, mock, spit on and actually SH*T on the god and the Jesus you claim to believe in, respect, adore, love and obey.

Get stuffed, LOSER.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646908 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? Are you saying that atheist believe the babble is written by a guy they don’t believe in?
Methinks you understanding of atheism is a little wonky
It is not atheists who claim “the word of god”
I'm not saying that. What I mean us that it seems atheists don't understand what "the word of god" means.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646909 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That was kind of a set up question. An atheist with a heart would have said it doesn't make a difference but yes there have been some great things like charities, natural disaster help and universities to just name a few. Glad you fell for it, shows you don't belong here in this discussion.
Oh- and a "set up" question?

Why are so many godbots so damned duplicitous and smarmy?

I guess you're following the good book in not saying what you mean or meaning what you say.

What a sorry A@@ confused lot of FOOLS you people are.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646911 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I DID read your post.
Who the HELL are YOU to explain scripture to ANYONE and not only because you ALWAYS twist it to suit your own agenda, but also because it was YOU who just yesterday stated there is a "team of people" working on the "proper" translation?
You're not only ignorant; you are a duplicitous FOOL.
When you don't "like" what scripture says, you claim there is a "team of people" working on the "proper" translation.
When you DO like what scripture says, you present it as if it's cut and dried and tied up with a nice pretty bow.
Yeah- you DO know all about "pathetic" since you are the walking embodiment of it.
It dies t seem like you read the post. You didn't debate anything I write, just copy/pasted something you found on Wiki.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#646912 Jul 30, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite like the way you think.
Many people are quite proud of being questioning and rational and sceptical about religion, but they can be absolutely gullible with almost everything else. Religion is just a tiny portion of propaganda machine we need to deal with on a daily basis from WMDs to the latest weight loss pill.
I've been reading a lot about WWII recently and you would've believe the crap that we take as fact today. The countless massacres that we are taught Hitler ordered, it is found today that many of them Stalin and Churchill ordered.
Granted the Nazis were a misguided bunch, but the way it is presented nowadays, as if the Nazis were demons and the allies were like noble warriors and liberators. Stalin took no prisoners, he killed many of his own people. The numbers are in the million. Churchill and the U.S. were bombing Berlin long after all military targets were destroyed, to terrorize civilians. Over 2 million German women and children were raped under direct orders of Stalin, on his way through Poland towards Berlin. Millions died in death marches and in the Gulags.
Nazi experiments, lampshades made of human skin, soap made from human fat, all a load of nonsense which has no evidence yet we are fed this crap.
It's sick, the lies, the fabrication, the sensationalist nonsense. History has become nothing more than a set of lies agreed upon by the victors and taught to us.

Stalin didn't order his soldiers to rape women, he told them to treat them humanely. The Russians had the upper hand finally after years of being killed by the millions by Germans that raped their women and decimated their country.
How did you expect them to act ? like saints?
One of the less highly publicized atrocities was the British attack on the French fleet in a pearl harbor style resulting in 1,297 French sailors being killed. Whats even odder about it is that Churchill got Roosevelt's favor for doing it.
But they both later condemn Japan for doing the same thing.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646913 Jul 30, 2013
uidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>RR are those radical Christians and religious right wingers like Neocons in Power /nation are those war mongers/war-for-profiteers/war investors and its institutions they kowtow to , and using Christianity/religion... as convenience to cover thier evil tracks his sins/wars with world human race, giving its religion a bad reputatuation.
RR is nothing more than an impotent follower and someone who truly believes that "might makes right".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646914 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought nothing, I have read the chapter and verse, which was written to imply god as RA stated.
“I” does not mean Jeremiah,“I” in that verse is the big “I” meaning the big g
You don't get it. Rev Dahmer misrepresented the quote as if it was the direct word of God. It wasn't, it was a vision that Jeremiah wrote.

Would it be intellectually dishonest for me to quote you out of context and make it seem like something you didn't write?

Yes.
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#646915 Jul 30, 2013
Religion and other vices are too keep the masses very busy and stupid,... so we all can't effect, affect and infect for real change for the better of mankind . And, while those in our elite leaders in power in institutions/govt... do as they wish and have iron scepter over you lowly heads. Do i make sense or what ? BWHHAHHAHAHAAA

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646917 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I see. So everything a Christian believes comes from the bible and ONLY from the bible, huh?
Talk about PATHETIC!
"But does animal intelligence constitute a soul? Does a pet’s emotions and ability to relate to human beings mean that animals possess an immortal spirit that will survive after death?
*****Theologians say no.******* They point out that man was created superior to animals and that animals can’t be equal with him.
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (Genesis 1:26, NIV)
Most interpreters of the Bible assume that man’s likeness to God and animals’ subservience to man implies that animals may have the "breath of life," nephesh in Hebrew, but ****not an immortal soul in the same sense as man’s.*****
http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoestheb...
While many Christians today are convinced that animals have souls, it’s likely that the majority believe they don’t.
Whatever the opinion, it seems probable that the beliefs of most Christians on this issue are not based on clearly understood biblical passages. The reason for this is not hard to determine: the Scriptures that make reference to the soul are themselves general and somewhat confusing.- See more at: http://wonderofcreation.org/2009/07/27/do-ani...
And now I must question why I am wasting time on this with you.
You painted yourself into a corner with your ignorant comment that our emotions come from our souls when it's proven FACT that our emotions stem from our brains.
So whether or not any such thing as souls exist is not even the point, since it's been proven that our emotions stem from our brains regardless of the existence or not of souls and that applies to non-human animals just as it applies to humans.
Like I said, there is no scripture that tells us animals don't have souls.

Your google search of Genesis 1:26 is extremely flawed. That verse in no way suggests that animals don't have souls, just that we have dominion over them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646918 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, if they were not involved in child abuse then many of them knew it was (is) happening and covered it up. Even if they didn’t know then press coverage has made it public and they now attempt to minimise the scandal.
Or all redknecks are stupid -Right?
Pretty much all Christians agree that the RCC's cover up of pedo-priests is bullshit and wrong.

I can't explain why they do it and I won't pretend to try.

I just know that 99% of them are good, honest men. I see no reason to condemn them all for the evil acts of few.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#646919 Jul 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I might have put it more gently.
All of us have had setbacks in life, and have choices as to how to deal with them.
We can develop the mentality of a victim, wallow in misery, complain about our sorry lot (Serah is an example).
We can become embittered and angry, like nano, and lash out at others, put them down, insult them over and over.
Or we can gather our resources to overcome the obstacles we face; attempt to fill our half-empty glass; become a more fulfilled person.
It's up to each of us to choose our path; nano has chosen poorly and pays a heavy price for it.
Shit, I've chosen poorly too :(

Well, nano's choices affect more than her, she has a daughter. I hope she displays more maturity in raising her daughter than she does on here.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646920 Jul 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that. What I mean us that it seems atheists don't understand what "the word of god" means.
Oh, this IS rich!

ROFFLMAO!!!

It is YOU who does not understand what the "word of god" means, RR- YOU!!!

Because no matter how plain the words are, if you don't LIKE the words, you attempt to TWIST those words and attribute a meaning to them that YOU are PERSONALLY comfortable with.

You obviously fancy yourself as one of those "team of people" you referred to yesterday.

And what makes that even funnier is that not all that long ago you pathetically attempted to argue the FACT that Catholics ARE Christians and you tried to DENY that and for no reason other than that you don't LIKE the CATHOLIC branch of Christianity.

Of course, not liking a fact doesn't in any way change a fact.

Your arrogance is pretty much as appalling as is your willful ignorance and intellectual laziness.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646921 Jul 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And there are no FACTS to support the notion that ANY animals- human or non- have souls since there are no FACTS to support the notion that there is any such thing as a soul.
But PLENTY of facts to support the TRUTH that ALL emotions stem from the BRAIN.
Irrefutable facts and irrefutable proof, no less.
The neural organization of human emotion spans multiple levels of the brain, from the elementary adaptive reflexes of the lower brainstem, to the complex visceral and somatic integration of the hypothalamus and thalamus, to the control of memory and cognition in limbic-cortical networks. At each level, there are implications not only for the experience and expression of emotion, but for the effective motivation of behavior.
ftp://ftp.egi.com/pub/users/dt ucker/papers/BorodHandbook_pre print.pdf
You have led me to the only LOGICAL conclusion I can arrive at- that being that along with you being a death-denier, you are a fact-denier.
And I'm including the following since pretty much everything has to be dumbed down for you to the same level as it takes for CHILDREN to understand:
"Emotion Location
With all the other things it does, is it any surprise that the brain runs your emotions? Maybe you got the exact toy you wanted for your birthday and you were really happy. Or your friend is sick and you feel sad. Or your little brother messed up your room, so you're really angry! Where do those feelings come from? Your brain, of course.
Your brain has a little bunch of cells on each side called the amygdala (say: uh-MIG-duh-luh). The word amygdala is Latin for almond, and that's what this area looks like. Scientists believe that the amygdala is responsible for emotion. It's normal to feel all different kinds of emotions, good and bad. Sometimes you might feel a little sad, and other times you might feel scared, or silly, or glad."
http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/brain.html #
See? NO SOUL REQUIRED- which is a really good thing, since there is no more proof of the existence of souls than there is proof of the existence of any god.
Sorry for your luck.
LMMFAO!

kidshealth.org said it. It MUST be true!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646922 Jul 30, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You cannot expose The Void itself, Aura Mytha :P
Are we role-playing or something?
And if I 'experience' you, is that going to be like a sexual encounter?=\
When you play word games like this, "I know something you don't know" you have no room to complain about how people treat you. You are not acting like an adult and you are not serious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 4 min Johnny 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 71,797
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 8 min Johnny 131
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Wisdom of Ages 699,452
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 447,425
How to help others save MONEY 3 hr Am I rght 4
Share wife/ girlfriend pics (Apr '14) 3 hr xxxcouple 5