Prove there's a god.
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646730 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
In a democratic Republic like America it doesn't matter why you want to do something peaceful with other consenting adults; it is always the job of the Government to protect your right to do any peaceful thing with other consenting adults.
The fact that all of us carry Christian baggage around is how Christ-insanity gets put into our law books for Christians and non-Christians alike to suffer from.
My grandfather was arrested because he wanted to have a glass of wine with Sunday dinner. My uncle was arrested because he married someone who was not white. And my brother was arrested because he wanted to smoke pot. I have read stories of gay men being arrested for having consensual sex in the privacy of their own bedrooms.
I refuse to look at this issue like we need a cause to explain why a man is attracted to a man before it is acceptable. If you want to have gay sex, or not, it is acceptable. If you were the only one in the whole entire world who wanted to have gay sex it is still the governments responsibility to protect your right to do it.
I hate Christ-insanity because of all the damage it has done to countless millions, billions of lives.
our US not a Democratic repu blic but is a Constitutional representative PResidental Republic, our sexy crooked Founding father bilked us all out of democracy! LIES , all lies fooled the dumbed American populace creampuffs into believe it a democracy it is NOT a real democracy. Wake up time all!

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#646731 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not and the fact that you casually dismiss "the many other incidents" reveals that you're an immoral azzhole.
Those incidents are wrong, but you have to weight the good against the bad.

The fact is, if you compare the number of times violent incidents among buddhists occurred, versus the number of times buddhism has helped people, it is a staggering difference.

By far and by large Buddhism helps people, not harms them. No system is perfect, and every thought model, even nationalistic atheism (Think JOSEPH STALIN), will have violence now and again.

The question is, is the violence worth the gain? Is the gain worth the violence?

If you take away something that is 10% bad and 90% good, you have harmed mankind, and it is in fact you who are thoughtless and immoral.

And buddhism isn't even 10% bad. Those incidents are incredibly rare.

You are showing your short-sightedness, "Myth Buster"

Again, do you suffer from sickness? Pain in the body?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#646732 Jul 29, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
How about one not based on the destruction of people's harmless personal beliefs? That's a start.
And that already shoots secular humanism in the foot.
I asked what you propose.

Not what we should not have.
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646733 Jul 29, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. More often than not Buddhism brings peace and rest to the places it is a majority in.
It has it's failings, but for the most part, above and by LARGE, it is an exemplary human attempt to have peace with your fellow man, and with nature.
It's easy to pull out one of the few times it's failed go "See! Worthless!"
That's like me pointing out one of the few times someone's tap water blew in some pipe-rust or other filth and I would go "See, unclean!" and argue against people's homes having running water.
It's insane, and it's an error of reasoning called an 'association fallacy'.
Xtainity use fire to burn evil and bloodletting is it ugliness, always at war with others... how is that good for man kind> They should study religions history see its ugliness.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#646734 Jul 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot. to have a lack of belief in deities you first have to know what deities are. For example: If a person has a lack of belief in ghosts they first much know what a ghost is. A baby can't be born atheist because they are not born with the knowledge of what deities are. Atheism is a choice.
So?

Location hidden

#646735 Jul 29, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When ignoring context, everything has contradictions/inconsistencies .
It's when you include the context and then still find contradictions and inconsistencies, then you know something is very wrong.
A christian would claim that context and "correct interpretation" are the magic pills too.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646736 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oughhhh!!!
Where'd that box go!
Hehehe.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#646737 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No. That it has to be debated should tell you that there is no gay gene. If there were, there'd be no debate.
Like your deity, and others.

Location hidden

#646738 Jul 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not qualified to decide that, I am only one person.

"Do no harm" is what I would say, as vague as that sounds.

"Do no harm to others, but all things are lawful done unto one's self."

Now I suppose "harm" would have to be defined. And I would define harm as anything that causes pain or damage to people.

But that is so subjective. A christian claims to be harmed just by seeing atheist adverts in the city - yet, clearly, nobody should be protected from that kind of "harm".

I'll repeat myself: I am not qualified to decide what we should have. It has to be a joint venture by mankind as a whole, and not the whims of a select few.

Location hidden

#646739 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible? A science book? Lol. The Bible is a religious, social, and historical chronicle of God's work in the lives of a specific group of people during a specific period of history.
Oh, and Christians are still burning people at the stake. Just FYI.
Indeed they are. I was talking about the "modern world."

Yes, I know this bible isn't a science book. Do you deny that people used to look to it for answers to scientific questions and consider it the final authority on such? Remember how upset everyone was over that whole issue of a heliocentric earth?

Location hidden

#646740 Jul 29, 2013
heliocentric solar system*

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#646741 Jul 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So?
So it was a reply to the atheist Rev. is that sokay?

Location hidden

#646742 Jul 29, 2013
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Xtainity use fire to burn evil and bloodletting is it ugliness, always at war with others... how is that good for man kind> They should study religions history see its ugliness.
\

For the record, I hate Christianity.

In fact, I loathe all Abrahamic religions.

All 3 of them. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, need to die the death and never see the light of day again.

You would be hard pressed to find a MAJOR religion in ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY as foul as these three.

Just saying, so my stance can be made clear.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646743 Jul 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Go back that verse was explained to you, did you not see it or are you still confused?
I saw that.

It was defined as just a prophecy, not the word of God.

Are you sure you want to go there?
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646744 Jul 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
u one step ahead of me on this! Go for it ask him ... and see if it produce anything sensible to debate

Location hidden

#646745 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Close. I'm touched that you remember it...
Page 24748, post# 516174
I wrote:
"Prove there's NOT a God..... Go on, try... "
And here we are, 30,000 posts later and not one of you have met my challenge.
It isn't necessary to disprove something that has never been proven.

Location hidden

#646746 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must've missed the "under heaven" part...
Where is, "under heaven"?
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646747 Jul 29, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not qualified to decide that, I am only one person.
"Do no harm" is what I would say, as vague as that sounds.
"Do no harm to others, but all things are lawful done unto one's self."
Now I suppose "harm" would have to be defined. And I would define harm as anything that causes pain or damage to people.
But that is so subjective. A christian claims to be harmed just by seeing atheist adverts in the city - yet, clearly, nobody should be protected from that kind of "harm".
I'll repeat myself: I am not qualified to decide what we should have. It has to be a joint venture by mankind as a whole, and not the whims of a select few.
My own religion "I" You have your own religion "I' and other have own religion 'I' The "I' has it winner is 'I" BWhhahhaaa

Location hidden

#646748 Jul 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
Attend: if you've never heard of the great, all-powerful Creator Zardoz, you don't believe in him.
If you've never heard of ANY deity, you don't believe in all of them.
Seriously, is this too complicated for you?
Zardoz:

https://www.google.com/search...
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646749 Jul 29, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>\
For the record, I hate Christianity.
In fact, I loathe all Abrahamic religions.
All 3 of them. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, need to die the death and never see the light of day again.
You would be hard pressed to find a MAJOR religion in ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY as foul as these three.
Just saying, so my stance can be made clear.
And those PAgan religions - human scarifce , Spirit invoking...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 35 min coco 57
Ring Payments 1 hr annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 9 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web