Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#646501 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's absolutely wrong.(maybe 100% wrong!) lol
I never compared the bible with Pluto in any way.
You tried not to.
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646503 Jul 29, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a good point, but it is largely some necessity or the other that drives research and innovation. Well, at least that's how it is in the third world. People are so preoccupied with survival that only research that solves survival and economic progression in the near term will be funded. There is much less room to think way out of the box and put money to such thoughts.
U another one our Dumb Americans who know nothing of few things about our corrupted US agendas and world it in! Us plunders the World how are they gonna innovate... you another clueless one!

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#646504 Jul 29, 2013
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Interjecting here were other poster left off., But you can take mad man-made religions out and just work Philosophy?
Yeah, you can take "Religion" out...look.

I am clearly re-defining religion, I realize that.

Typically, a "Religion" is known as a spiritual belief, usually invoking various personal gods, spirits, and spiritual practices.

But really think about. How is being an adherent of any religious idea, different from being an adherent of any idea?

Doesn't ANY system, any philosophy, any idea, when praised and adored by the mind that holds it, a controlling factor? Does it not limit their perception in some way, each of them? Limit them from other truths, and control their behavior?

Really all spiritual religions are, are just thought frameworks that have little or nothing to do with the physical, sensate world.

But since our senses perceive wrongly, and are more than just capable of error but ALWAYS experiencing error (You cannot see into the ultraviolet spectrum, therefor what you think is invisibility is in fact energy. Sometimes people hear random background noise ans it sounds just like someone said something, etc), the thought frameworks based on our reality are little better, only in that, to the senses' level of accuracy, we may be able to learn something about our immediate, physical world and surroundings. Sometimes we learn enough to create a neat gadget or two.

But at the end of the day that framework still has it's own limitations.

I have already seen the limitations of the frameworks that Anti-theists like Myth Buster use. But this not the appropriate forum to discuss them, since our entire planet has effectively ignored that weakness for over a hundred years now and still ignores it proudly.

Suffice to say, once you've -seen it- for yourself, you will never again believe we live in a solely material world ever again.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646505 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Again- you're attempting to compare apples to oranges.
You are stuck on the fact that they are both types of fruit while wholly ignoring the fact that they are very different types of fruit.
Same thing as what you're attempting to do here.
Now if you're saying the bible was largely written using "colloquialisms" and the vernacular of the day, then your god was/is very shortsighted.
We can look at any works by Shakespeare or even Chaucer for that matter and quite clearly define/translate the vernacular those works were written in into understandable modern day English with the meanings of those words also being very clear.
The same simply can NOT be said of the bible and if the bible was actually the word of ANY god, that would have been taken into account.
It wasn't- and while there are NUMEROUS interpretations of the words of the bible, the same is not true of the works of Shakespeare, Chaucer or even Homer for that matter.
Of course, the authors of all of those works never claimed to be a god or to be speaking on behalf of a god.
Sorry, but an all powerful being should be able to say what they mean and mean what they say with the foresight to apply that to humankind for all eternity with no "team of people" being necessary to interpret or reinterpret the meaning of the words of the bible if one assumes that the words of the bible are the words of a god.
BTW, no response yet to your question which I answered as to how your god admonishes us for being angry or jealous or wrathful, huh?
Yes I did respond to you.

Patience, Hun. Patience.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646507 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep begging the question.
Of call that a nice dodge...

...if it was.

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#646508 Jul 29, 2013
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You quote ' I'm not at all advocating we do not thing to stop the likes of Christain globalism or Islamic expansion...' But it gives fuel to those in geopolitical like USgovt to use it as boogey man to startup wars.. back to square one. take religion and you see fewer wars worldwide and fewer deaths.
Yes, but HOW do you take religion?

Do you do it like Joseph Stalin did?=( That didn't work out very well.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646509 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Well isn't this an odd reunion.....
OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And your point- if any at all is.......?
Um....

Probably that OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646510 Jul 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Abrahamic concepts include...
Antagonistic slow death, amplified pain and suffering with humiliation, and inflicted guilt complexes ....
all of gods specialties.
Why not believe in them?
LOL! Why not indeed!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646511 Jul 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes to think that me and you like each other and are attracted to each other.
Do you know why?
It's because Riverside Redneck is bisexual.
He is a homosexual, and is sexually attracted to me, unnaturally, because I am a man, and he isn't, and he tries to fufill his lack of masculinity, by admiring mine.
He is also straight, too, so he admires you normally and heterosexually.
So he likes the idea of us liking each other.
How the hell is someone bi- homo- and heterosexual all at the same time?

Dude.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646512 Jul 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah send me all Earth women now, to avoid the catastrophe. heheheh :)>
I'll consider it an equitable deal so long as you promise not to send nano back.

<shakes hand>

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646513 Jul 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I did that onced.....
I ate cotton candy , she stayed with me for a couple years after that.
She left?

What happened?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646514 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.... and the scripture I quoted IS telling people what to do or not do.
STOP.
Go.
No it isn't. It's telling you the differences between "flesh" and "spirit".

Location hidden

#646515 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are you.
rep·ro·bate (rpr-bt)
n.
1. A morally unprincipled person.
2. One who is predestined to damnation.
adj.
1. Morally unprincipled; shameless.
2. Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.

When I write RR this is what one of the R's stands for.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646516 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of call that a nice dodge...
...if it was.
It wasn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646517 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried not to.
No sir. I never did.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#646518 Jul 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So hot, it's crazy. Japan in the summertime sucks.
105.1 in Shanghai on Thursday.

Highest recorded temperature in 141 years.

Yep, global warming is a myth.

Location hidden

#646519 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong!
Actually the Bible is only 99.97% wrong, occasionally it gets something right!

For instance:

Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

Homosexuals especially should write this one down, as well as those who are fond of sodomy. BibleGod tells us there is a time for gay sex and a season for sodomy.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#646520 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well isn't this an odd reunion.....
OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....
<quoted text>
Um....
Probably that OCB, Lunger and Huh all appear on the same day.....
Nice dodge.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646522 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
Pretty sure, now that you mention it, if 'Ed Mackay Used Books' had one, they would've realized so and priced it accordingly.
(outta my price range)
Outta mine, too.
Although there are al;ways garage sales.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646523 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It's telling you the differences between "flesh" and "spirit".
Define "spirit". Without invoking magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Fat Women so Attracted to ME? (Apr '08) 5 min andet1987 60
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min confrinting with ... 603,094
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 177,841
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 37 min Jeremiah_one 7,891
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 39 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 272,826
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 1 hr like sex ok am male 131
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Peace_Warrior 613,066
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 hr Kamal 7,610
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr Critical Eye 3,775
More from around the web