“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#646126 Jul 28, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound dumber with each post,,,youre too stupid to waste my time on..
Correction.

"(Y)ou sound dumber with each post(...)you(')re too stupid to waste my time on."

Coming from the man who cannot use good grammar when he's doing someone the favor of enlightening them to their poor level of mental function.

Priceless. You're a buffoon. Get out of here before you make yourself look like even more of an ass.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#646127 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome.
Thank you. When you write out the actual verse from a highly accepted Bible and then you write out what the biblicist claims it means right below it, it makes it very clear how the biblicists add words, change words all to pretend that the Bible says what it doesn't say but what they wished it said.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#646128 Jul 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe a Creator should provide you a perfect world? That is a lot of work maintaining it. Machines suffer from wear and tear.
What skin do you have in the game?
why do you do the dirty work for your other persona?

Location hidden

#646129 Jul 28, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am a voice of the common thread of wisdom dancing between the illusions of both you and reverend redneck, verily both shadows dancing on the wall and unintentionally obfuscating each others' true forms.
Christianity is, all things being equal, a demented, hate-filled fairy tale.
Atheism is a rabid over-zealous response to it, that is unwittingly paving the road for the death of the human imagination and spirit.
As horrible as Christianity is, I would like this "science cult" to leave science alone. I am a quantum physicist undergrad at MiT, and while I want people to respect my work, I don't want people to worship my findings like they are some kind of holy book. I am prone to error. Me, and all the people I've ever worked with are prone to error, even collectively, even when we try our hardest.
Correction. Not atheism, anti-theism.

I have many atheist friends who have the common courtesy to make their existence not only bearable, but enjoyable. Anti-theists do not afford others that kindness.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646130 Jul 28, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Sounds like something RR would agree with...
except that...
He then proceeds to tell people about his god.
If he's going to do that >>> beg the question...
then...
I'm going to ask him to prove his god exists.
Good idea. Funny how he doesn't know anything about his god except that he doesn't know anything about his god.

Who would trust RR to tell them about God? I doubt even the other pew warmers would trust RR.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#646131 Jul 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahah, help Nathan buy firefly went dead..I think. Shup I'm too old for those fish stories. lol I call it sink the pink.
https://www.facebook.com/HelpNathanBuyFF
sink the pink
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5q5zi_ac-dc...
That sounds kinda dirty.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646133 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Also, obviously things don't always go so smoothly in science in terms of admitting mistakes, as scientists have egos too, but that's why the scientific method exists - to overcome human bias/error in the pursuit of knowledge.
However, in science, the changes are inherent to the process itself - that is, science willingly changes. With religion, any changes are forced on it by the outside world. We might still be burning people for blasphemy had it not been for the momentum of the modern world.
Nicely said.

Location hidden

#646134 Jul 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Chomsky on MisEducation, book, 2000, p15-25
Going back to the time of the Bible, the intellectuals who were later called "false prophets" worked for specific interests of those in power. We know that there were dissident intellectuals at the time who had an alternative view of the world, the ones later called "prophets" a dubious translation of an obscure word. Well, these intellectuals were marginalized, tortured, or sent into exile. Things haven't changed much in our time. Intellectuals who dissent remain marginalized in most societies.
Speaking truth to power...

Any intellectual who has a unique opinion, or vantage point on life, is heckled, marginalized, and tortured whenever possible.

Humans are oh so very much like their close chimpanzee cousins, complete with the psychotic alpha male being naturally chosen as the leader of most large-scale human institutions.

It's what we have to live with.:) Until evolution, or some other hope comes along and changes it.

Location hidden

#646136 Jul 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. I normally don't bother. But you're a consistently unpleasant person, so what the heck.
Now, would you care to address the actual point of my post?
I wasn't the one who you *corrected*, moron.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646139 Jul 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You do not understand.
GOD: "I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. And I polluted them in their own gifts...." (Ezek. 20:25-26).

Nice God you got there RR.

Location hidden

#646140 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! Organized religion is a cruel hoax created to control the gullible masses. The juvenile concept of god is the essential element of the dogma-based indoctrination systems used by organized religion.
The concept of God is not juvenile, unless you're naming a specific concept.

"God" is such an arbitrary term, it could literally mean nothing more than a central consciousness to the universe.

Which, by itself, is plausible, not juvenile, and 100% indoctrination, doctrine, dogma, virtually everything you hate about religion, free.

We really must first define "God" before we talk about a WORD, as though that word's definition has already been set by the abrahamic religions.

Location hidden

#646144 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! A man with no religion bases his life on REALITY, which is evidently something you know NOTHING about.
100% right! A man with no religion bases his life on NOTHING, because RELIGION is nothing more than the GUIDING FOCUS OF ONE'S THOUGHT-LIFE.

Without that guiding focus, he literally has no philosophy, no idea, and probably doesn't give a shit either way!

I knew a guy exactly like that!

You're incredibly rude!=P
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#646146 Jul 28, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am a voice of the common thread of wisdom dancing between the illusions of both you and reverend redneck, verily both shadows dancing on the wall and unintentionally obfuscating each others' true forms.
Christianity is, all things being equal, a demented, hate-filled fairy tale.
Atheism is a rabid over-zealous response to it, that is unwittingly paving the road for the death of the human imagination and spirit.
As horrible as Christianity is, I would like this "science cult" to leave science alone. I am a quantum physicist undergrad at MiT, and while I want people to respect my work, I don't want people to worship my findings like they are some kind of holy book. I am prone to error. Me, and all the people I've ever worked with are prone to error, even collectively, even when we try our hardest.
i have problem with organized religion and ( MAd /evil0 scientist who work for corrupt institutions , why i say this?

Location hidden

#646148 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! A man with no religion bases his life on REALITY, which is evidently something you know NOTHING about.
Tell me, Myth Buster, what do you live your life by?

You don't have to name anything negative or seedy, just pick the cream of the crop and tell us?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646152 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Or, the bible says what it says. Revolutionary position, I know.
Isaiah 40:22
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Two problems in four short lines. The earth is not a circle and the heavens are not stretched over us like a tent.
And this is the first law of the luminaries: the luminary the Sun has its rising in the eastern portals of the heaven, and its setting in the western portals of the heaven. 3. And I saw six portals in which the sun rises, and six portals in which the sun sets and the moon rises and sets in these portals, and the leaders of the stars and those whom they lead: six in the east and six in the west, and all following each other in accurately corresponding order: also many windows to the right and left of these portals.
-Enoch (doesn't count, right)
Good post.

Location hidden

#646154 Jul 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>i have problem with organized religion and ( MAd /evil0 scientist who work for corrupt institutions , why i say this?
Because you have a problem with bully tactics and deceit.

That is ok. So do I.=) So do a lot of people.

Maybe soon we can change this thing we now call the "human condition" and a make a significantly kinder, saner world.

Location hidden

#646155 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll probably stop. She's thankfully ignore my posts for a while, and that makes me happy.
You insisted that I ignore you but you couldn't even go a whole 24 hours without making a comment to me...

Give it up, you're obsessed.

I heard they have a new drug for that. It's called nanolyssa-uptake inhibitor. It's also offered in a suppository. xD
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#646157 Jul 28, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking truth to power...
Any intellectual who has a unique opinion, or vantage point on life, is heckled, marginalized, and tortured whenever possible.
Humans are oh so very much like their close chimpanzee cousins, complete with the psychotic alpha male being naturally chosen as the leader of most large-scale human institutions.
It's what we have to live with.:) Until evolution, or some other hope comes along and changes it.
Someone joker is giving us negative icons!

yes, thing about this is less than 3% of Society are pyschopaths (forgot name of study) show no altrustic nor have empathy for mankind, they are those our corrupted megalomanic power hungry Leaders in power often are one who start the wars worldwide with help of their lowly minions soldiers boys/girls, violent criminals of society, sychophants... If we lock up most of these power seeking and money hungry ruthless alpha males you see fewer wars and fewer criminal in society. We have few on Topixs that are war mongers/ soldiers ... who try to incite us to wars, nations to wars... they are evil of society those lowly minions that work for corrupted establishments that needs to be locked up as they causer of most of problems at home and around the world.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646158 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now that you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. The OT saints slaughtered a goat as a live offering and covered themselves in its blood, but although god is feeling the goat blood, nothing gets him off like the blood sacrifice of his own child, who is also him, who is also a ghost. But they're also the same guy! Anyways, their goat blood got them a few brownie points with ol'd whispy beard up in the sky, so he stuck them down in the bosom of the earth, where they have to contend with molten magma. Not relevant though - see: mystery, magic, all powerful, etc.
And then, when god finally gets around to sacrificing himself, erh, I mean his son, he sprays all the OT prophets with it and they can go to heaven. Human sacrifice cults are awesome.
Sounds like you got it, right on.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#646160 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are misunderstnding me. The radical "reinterpretations" in christian dogma and tradition have been forced on it by the secular world. The bible used to be a scientific authority. Now it's not. The bible used to be a moral authority. Now the thought of it is laughable. Christians used to burn people at the stake. No longer.
They used to own slaves and prevented women from voting. Is there anything good we can say about them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 min ChromiuMan 5,505
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Johnny 3,691
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 7 min andet1987 4,319
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 230,089
Last Word + 2 9 min andet1987 857
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 11 min Kid_Tomorrow 1,187
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Michael 548,856
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min trifecta1 602,229
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 261,707
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 7 hr Dubai Massage 055... 119

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE