Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646414 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think people are "born" [with out beliefs] any more than we are born gay, afraid of the dark or vegetarian.
It's all learned.
You should have put a period after the third word Retarded Reprobate. Then your message would have contained some truth. All you had to say was "I don't think" and everyone would have been thrilled to have agreed with you.

Used to be you Christians were afraid of left handed people and Christian teachers in the public schools would try to force those born left handed to write with their right hands. It all failed, not one left handed student ever was able to make the switch. Of course there are a few who can write with both hands equally and that makes it possible to claim success at forcing people to switch.

Humans are born with their sexuality which is much more varied than heterosexual or homosexual; it is set in stone and can not be changed any more than a left handed person can change which hand they use to write with.

But of course you are way too stupid to learn this, instead you will repeat the lies and nonsense the con-artist at the front of your church told you because you know it upsets people who know the facts and wish to reach some understand, but that is what you love to do; stir up dissension between people.

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

Location hidden

#646416 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think ....
(21) "The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord" (Prov. 16:33),
(22) "Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed" (Job 14:5 NIV),
(23) "From one man God made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live" (Acts 17:26 NIV),
(24) "...for that that is determined shall be done" (Dan. 11:36),
(25) "Therefore I endure all things for the elects' sakes that they may obtain the salvation which is in Christ...." (2 Tim. 2:10),(26) "And a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed" (1 Peter 2:8),
(27) "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men,...." (Jude 4),
(28) "Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts" (Psalm 65:4),
(29) "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,...chosen and destined by God the Father...." (1 Peter 1:1-2 RSV),
(30) "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Tim. 1:9),
(31) "And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved" (Acts 2:47),
(32) "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord...." (Psalm 37:23),
(33) "Then the King will say to those at his right hand,'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matt. 25:34 RSV),
(34) "...but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you" (John 15:19),
(35) "All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (the Devil.) whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13:8),
(36) "Jesus said to them,'You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father'" (Matt. 20:23 NIV),
(37) "They (Herod, Pilate, the Gentiles and the people of Israel) did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen" (Acts 4:28 NIV),
(38) "He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen...." (Acts 10:41 NIV),
(39) "Who (Jesus) verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you" ((1 Peter 1:20), and
(40) "Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou comest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations" (Jer. 1:4-5).
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646417 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a team of people that debate and investigate what the proper translations are.
We always say what we mean, huh? Have you ever worked 'side by side' with a colleague that's nowhere near you? Now imagine you wrote that down and your writing was discovered 2,000 years from now. Do you honestly think that someone that doesn't read or understand your language would have the slightest clue on what you meant by 'side by side'?
Of course. They ALL get a free pass.
All those emotions you listed, humans have too. As well as all the positive emotions you did not list. We are created in His image.
This post of your to OCB. How you know we are created in his Image?

Work side by side with colleague not near you ? you mean a ghost, a ghoul? a entity? Alien?

Location hidden

#646418 Jul 29, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying. I never claimed YOU were a professional translator. I said you were a POE.
Get it straight.
I see you are learning all of RR's dirty deceptive tricks; making up problems that don't exist and making up new ones to respond to. How Christian of you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646419 Jul 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedophilia is lusting after children who haven't gone through puberty.
Okay- so you're a wannabe STATUTORY rapist.

BTW, there is no set or definite age as to when children go through puberty.

Did you know that even TEN year olds can go through puberty?

And you don't think lusting after a TEN year old is pedophilia?

You know what? Don't post to me anymore.....you're not only a waste of my time, but a total waste of space.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#646420 Jul 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
Scientific theory/idea proven wrong: mistake is admitted and an attempt is made to get it right
Religious idea/biblical passage proven wrong: mistakes are never acknowledged, appeals are made to every literary tool in the book (metaphor, allegory, allusion, exaggeration, parable, etc). Appeals are made to the mysterious nature of god and the bible is said to be intentionally dense, contradictory, and nonsensical to foster spiritual growth. Apparently double-think is good for the soul.
timn17 wrote:
Also, obviously things don't always go so smoothly in science in terms of admitting mistakes, as scientists have egos too, but that's why the scientific method exists - to overcome human bias/error in the pursuit of knowledge.
However, in science, the changes are inherent to the process itself - that is, science willingly changes. With religion, any changes are forced on it by the outside world. We might still be burning people for blasphemy had it not been for the momentum of the modern world.
Badda-bing!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646421 Jul 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah my ancestors will carve it into a spaceship and attach thrusters on it so they can bring it here for a sky high view.
There will be the Plutonians, and then there will be.....
Every one else!
Will they erect and worship a statue of you?

Will they declare war on the remaining earthlings... refusing to acknowledge the you were an earthling?

Sounds like trouble.

Better nip that in the butt, now.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646422 Jul 29, 2013
/the/that/

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646424 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't.
No more than you can prove that you have hands.
(Cue the "hands are demonstrable" comeback...)
I never made the claim that I have hands.

Why would you ask me to prove that I do?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646425 Jul 29, 2013
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>This post of your to OCB. How you know we are created in his Image?
Work side by side with colleague not near you ? you mean a ghost, a ghoul? a entity? Alien?
The god RR believes in was created in MAN'S image; no all powerful, all knowing and all perfect god could be so endowed with many HUMAN traits that are so imperfect and which the bible god admonishes humans for possessing- such as anger, wrath and jealousy.

The god of the bible considers such traits to be "sinful";therefore, the god of the bible is the biggest SINNER around.
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646427 Jul 29, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if your point is that an unacceptably large fraction of the human race is totally and completely incapable of independent thought, and that 'religion' is therefor absolutely deadly in such a non-thinking environment, then I can understand your complaint entirely.
But it's a catch 22. Find a way to remove people's free-will entirely and entrust that control to some kind of trustworthy "benefactor" who is trusted to not indoctrinate with 'religion', incite violence, etc, or leave humanity in their current state, in which they spontaneously generate 'religious' beliefs constantly as part of their very nature.
Which, of course, leads to the crusades, spanish inquisition, Iraq, Al Qaeda, etc.
That's the way I see it, anyway. It's either free-will is gone, or we live in a world with religion.
I am not at all advocating that we do nothing to stop the likes of Christian globalism, or islamic expansion, I'm saying we have to become a positive force on the sub-conscious minds of man. We have a job, to fill the human race's imagination with things better than what they've been given, so when they do form 'religious' beliefs, they are less likely to be toxic.
In my mind anyway, that's the only way we can win. Mankind is a spiritual creature, sorry to say. Maybe it's all a delusion. But it's going to stay that way for a long time to come.:\
You quote ' I'm not at all advocating we do not thing to stop the likes of Christain globalism or Islamic expansion...' But it gives fuel to those in geopolitical like USgovt to use it as boogey man to startup wars.. back to square one. take religion and you see fewer wars worldwide and fewer deaths.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646428 Jul 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ha. RR somehow isn't seeing that his pluto nonsense is self defeating. On the one hand, he is complaining that we were "wrong" about pluto and that we changed it. On the other, he is claiming that science presents irrefutable facts. Kind of an... inherent contradiction there.
Yup.

He wants to eat his cake and have it too.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#646430 Jul 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
What is so ironic about Atheists? A: They’re always talking about God.
I know plenty of atheists and we never talk about god,which proves youre a Liar

why do xians LIE so much?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646433 Jul 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
Doesn't matter if it's called a "Zaphod" next week - it's still there, and still doing what it's supposed to.
RR's losin' it - and I don't just mean the argument.
RE: Pluto...

Is there anyone actually saying that... about Pluto going rogue? Everything I read seems to indicate loooong term stability for Pluto's orbit.

RE: RR...

"The Bible contains errors... therefore, scientists lied about Pluto."

Does that about sum it up?

BTW...

I've read Ringworld sometime in the past... or maybe started listening to it. Not the whole book. Prolly no more than a few chapters.

Louis Wu, his 200th b'day, slidewalks, tranfer booths, "Speaker to Animals", etc...

Yeah, I've previously read at least some of it...

...and shall finally finish it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646434 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Of course this is all folly to the Invisible Friends Club members because the Pew Warmers are all comfy insisting the earth is 6,000 years old and they know better than any Scientist. The Bible does say so
First, you're talking about a limitied number of people that believe in the 6,000 year old earth. Don't sterotype us all.

Second, the Bible never gives the Earth's age, that is a YEC mistake.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646435 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- I thought by now you would have learned how much you SUCK at making analogies.
Yes- I LEARNED how to speak. Did I make a CONSCIOUS decision to learn?
No- and either did you or anyone else. We learn to speak through MIMICRY.
So youu DID make a conscious choice to speak. Thank you.
As to whether or not there is a gay gene, that is still up for debate.
No. That it has to be debated should tell you that there is no gay gene. If there were, there'd be no debate.
The POINT is simply this: If your position is that no one is born gay, then the other side of the coin is also valid- that being that no one is born straight either.
And I told you twice now that I agree with that.
Of course, and as I already stated, in either case- straight or gay- the above premise would be WRONG since people ARE innately straight or gay.
I know you disagree but you have yet to post how old you were and what day you woke up and said: I think I'm gonna be straight.
And why? Because being straight came NATURALLY to you- just as being gay comes naturally to some people.
Agreed. But they learned it from womewhere.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#646436 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. Babies don't have sexual desires.
<quoted text>
Right. Which is why I said "I don't". Meaning, I don't think we're born straight either. Which is why I also said "Babies don't have sexual desires."
Hey 24-7, babies don't have sexual desires but they are duplicitous enough to trick you into beating them.

The busy research shows that sexuality is innate on a sliding scale from 100% heterosexual to 100% homosexual and every percentage in between. There are many men who never had a homosexual encounter before they were incarcerated but did after just as there are many men that never had a homosexual encounter before being incarcerated and could make the same statement upon release. Republicans in Congress, on the other hand, don't care where their Tiny Rand Paul sticks in as long as it's not in their first and second wives. Viva la Gingrich!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646437 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>My point is this: In the range of human emotions, there are many emotions we imperfect humans possess which your god admonishes us for, yet which are many of the self same emotions your god exhibits- again- emotions such as anger, wrath and jealousy- and you can talk about "proper" translations and a "team of people" working on that all you like; the fact remains that there is a MULTITUDE of scripture which shows your god to be angry, wrathful and jealous.
So- your god gets a free pass to display emotions linked to human FRAILTY but which you think are perfectly fine emotions for your god to possess.
Oh, I see. You want to put limtis, human limits, on God. Why?

And what makes you think He "admonishes" us for being angry or jealous?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646438 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So youu DID make a conscious choice to speak. Thank you.
<quoted text>
No. That it has to be debated should tell you that there is no gay gene. If there were, there'd be no debate.
<quoted text>
And I told you twice now that I agree with that.
<quoted text>
Agreed. But they learned it from womewhere.
Seriously- can you not read? Here is what I said:

Yes- I LEARNED how to speak. Did I make a CONSCIOUS decision to learn?
No- and either did you or anyone else. We learn to speak through MIMICRY.

Sorry, RR- learning to speak is NOT a conscious choice. Not sure what part of the word "mimicry" is tripping you up.

Really- so that which is purported to be factual is NEVER up for debate?

Okie-dokie......

What are you agreeing with- your OWN statement that no one is born gay or straight which is a false statement?

Sorry, RR, but sexual attraction is NOT taught.

For that matter, no emotions or feelings are taught.

One can no more be "taught" to be straight or gay than they can be taught to be happy, angry, sad, jealous, bored, etc.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646439 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You want to put limtis, human limits, on God. Why?
And what makes you think He "admonishes" us for being angry or jealous?
LOL!! Nope- your GOD is the one who puts human limits on HIMSELF.

Really?

"Galatians 5:19-21

English Standard Version (ESV)

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy,[a] drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

"Proverbs 22:24

English Standard Version (ESV)

24 Make no friendship with a man given to anger,
nor go with a wrathful man,"

Need more, RR?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Bongo 16,324
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Michael 683,799
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr real 33,212
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 5 hr common sense 19
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 7 hr Disappointed US V... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 14 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
More from around the web