Comments
613,061 - 613,080 of 733,042 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#645797 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea. No Muslim has ever told me how they feel about the ritualistic consumption of Jesus - wouldn't he be a prophet in their mythology book?
There's a joke in there somewhere about savored saviors.
UidiotRaceMaKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#645798 Jul 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMaKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U need to give real life example or else these Xtain fundies nuts ...won't believe u.
@MYTH BUSTER

Add!

look what i found on topix

LEE DUBS A retired professor from North Carolina,
The Ugly American revisited: arrogance plus ignorance is a recipe for trouble as more N. Americans move to ...
Published: February 10, 2012

Puritan settlers in the New World emphasized the role of religion in daily life and often meted out severe punishments to those who failed to comply with the rules. Obedience to God’s laws eventually led to a strong psychological association between God and America. The late U.S. historian Henry Steele Commager, in his book Meet the U.S.A., spoke of such an association when he told foreigners that Americans believe that God stands astride their country, with one foot on each coast. Americans sing “God Bless America” with frequency and place bumper stickers with the same message on their cars. The word “God” is even inscribed on U.S. currency and, during the Cold War, God became part of the pledge of allegiance to the country. Large numbers of Americans argue passionately that there should be prayers at the start of school classes and sporting events and that the Judeo-Christian Ten Commandments should be posted in public locations, including schools and court houses. Many churches in the U.S. have American flags near the altar, in spite of the constitutionally accepted separation of church and state. There does seem to be a relationship between God and the United States in the minds of great numbers of Americans, who often argue that America “was built on Christian principles,” by hard-working, God-fearing, English speaking settlers. If God is not specifically an American, at least He is on “our” side. God deserves much of the credit for the perception of so many Americans of their nation as Number One on the planet in almost every major category. In the minds of many Americans, God and the USA go together, and God has helped make their nation superior. To them, the land of the free and the home of the brave also has achieved moral superiority over all others. It was once said that what was good for General Motors was good for America. A similar prevailing attitude was that what was right for America was right for all countries, and that others wanted to be just like Americans.

Americans cannot always be blamed for growing up believing that their country’s political and economic systems, their language, their heritage, their way of life, and even their God, are all the “right” ones. However, most educated adults outgrow the propaganda and accept the validity of differing views and cultural norms. The latter are expats who become world citizens, not parochial bigots. When any of us elects to live in another country and still refuses to accept the adopted culture, its language, and its people, another Ugly American has shown up.

Americans continue to migrate south, some even leaving gringo establishments in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama to head for Ecuador, as this country continues to be “pushed” as the best place to retire. Uruguay may be next. An American told me that Uruguay is a better country to live in than Ecuador because,“they look more like us.” I rest my case.

Editor's note: A retired language professor from North Carolina

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645799 Jul 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I have not - even I can't read everything.
Looks interesting, though.
So... ya missed a few.

I won't hold it against ya.
Bongo

Central Islip, NY

#645800 Jul 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMaKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Why is third world poor? US militaristic Imperialism agendas and its greedy corrupted Institutions(WTO, WB...),and as many small farmers from around the world complained about unfair WTO trade practices that killing thier livelihood and Us wars plundering of their raw resources , Intellectual capital, ruined lands, make slave laborer of them... had put many world masses on substitenced level , below poverty line... and even effected some Americans lives aat home
You need a dr. America has helped the world more than you know.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#645802 Jul 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Bill Maher?
I have written Bill several times sowing him where some of his guests have got away with making false biblical claims and offering my services in helping him not let them get away with it. I suspect he has never received these messages, he must get millions after all. I also suspect that when his staff sees Bible quotes it goes in the trash with out even being read.

I hate it when some religious person claims things like Hitler was an atheist when he was a devout Christian. Or that the Bible speaks against the love of money when the Bible says "money answers everything". But mostly what I hate is the extreme hypocrisy of those who point fingers at others when they [the finger pointers] are engaged in the worst sins of all. The more useless a person is in real life the more they try to compensate for that by getting involved in religion where they can repeat what they heard, pretend it is verified truth, and believe it makes them look worthwhile as a human being. It doesn't.

United States

#645804 Jul 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You need a dr. America has helped the world more than you know.
But their no Doc America today but we had turned Doc worldwide bully US war monger!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#645805 Jul 28, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Certain religious people help science...
...despite religion.
Happy now?
Yes. Thank you.

United States

#645806 Jul 28, 2013
there = their! Doggoned

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645807 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>But it's different from the other feelings, you see.
Well, there is that.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#645809 Jul 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>... who posts his murderous fantasies online. It's clear to anyone who the lunatic is.
BibleGod is the lunatic! But that is not clear to you. Do you consider any of the following sane rational behaviour? Normal people do not.

"there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the 250 men that offered incense" (Num. 16:35).
"the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died" (Num. 21:6).
"See now that I am God, and there is no other god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal...." (Deut. 32:39).
"The Lord smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people 50,070 men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter" (1 Sam. 6:19).
"The Lord kills, and makes alive: he brings down to the grave, and brings up" (1 Sam. 2:6).
"the hand of the Lord God was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and God destroyed them, and smote them...." (1 Sam. 5:6).
"it came to pass about 10 days after, that the Lord God smote Nabal, that he died" (1 Sam. 25:38).
"God smote great nations and slew mighty kings...." (Psalms 135:10).
"For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many" (Isaiah 66:16).
"I, God, will dash them one against another, even the father and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them" (Jer. 13:14).
"I, God, have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword...." (Amos 4:10).
"For our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29).

Also note: Gen. 38:7,10, Ex. 22:23-24, Num. 11:1, Deut. 32:41-42, Joshua 10:10-11, 1 Sam. 5:9, Psalms 136:17-18, Hosea 9:16, Amos 2:3, Ex. 4:24, 2 Sam. 6:6-7, and 2 Kings 5:7.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#645810 Jul 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Well, in that case, carry on.
I'll probably stop. She's thankfully ignore my posts for a while, and that makes me happy.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645811 Jul 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's shocking how much food Americans eat. They show it on TV and it's disgusting!!! The poor cows!!
Many could benefit from a little caloric restriction.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#645812 Jul 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Why haven't you answered my question vile madman? How long did it take you to escape Christianity?
Why did you repeatedly order me to suicide about 6 months back?

And why are you now trying to be nice to me despite our grievances?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#645813 Jul 28, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a joke in there somewhere about savored saviors.
hahaha!!!

"Hey, guys, I'm better with a bit more pepper and some sprinkled salt."

Location hidden

#645814 Jul 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But you blatantly ignore all that is wrong and will always be wrong about the bible.
Why is that?
I do?

Like what?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645815 Jul 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Thank you.
Don't bitch about it when other generalize, RR.

Not when you do it with every other posts you submit.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645816 Jul 28, 2013
/other/others/

Location hidden

#645817 Jul 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Science books get updated.
The bible doesn't.
Science books need updating....

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#645818 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
Anti-theism is the ONLY humane position to hold in regards to religious brainwashing. There are no beliefs to opposing the abomination known as organized religion.
Did you really write the above, Bongo??? You've come a long way!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#645819 Jul 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have written Bill several times sowing him where some of his guests have got away with making false biblical claims and offering my services in helping him not let them get away with it. I suspect he has never received these messages, he must get millions after all. I also suspect that when his staff sees Bible quotes it goes in the trash with out even being read.
I hate it when some religious person claims things like Hitler was an atheist when he was a devout Christian. Or that the Bible speaks against the love of money when the Bible says "money answers everything". But mostly what I hate is the extreme hypocrisy of those who point fingers at others when they [the finger pointers] are engaged in the worst sins of all. The more useless a person is in real life the more they try to compensate for that by getting involved in religion where they can repeat what they heard, pretend it is verified truth, and believe it makes them look worthwhile as a human being. It doesn't.
Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 258,001
Are truck drivers faithful?? (Sep '08) 23 min Ginger 64 169
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 26 min tamil 5,319
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min guest 538,995
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 29 min eduardomanalo 117,973
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min Tuco Blondie 226,358
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Falcon 743
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 599,943
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••