Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#646440 Jul 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Or, the bible says what it says. Revolutionary position, I know.
Isaiah 40:22
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Two problems in four short lines. The earth is not a circle and the heavens are not stretched over us like a tent.
And this is the first law of the luminaries: the luminary the Sun has its rising in the eastern portals of the heaven, and its setting in the western portals of the heaven. 3. And I saw six portals in which the sun rises, and six portals in which the sun sets and the moon rises and sets in these portals, and the leaders of the stars and those whom they lead: six in the east and six in the west, and all following each other in accurately corresponding order: also many windows to the right and left of these portals.
-Enoch (doesn't count, right)
I think I'll follow Mac's lead a develop a headache of my own.

;-P

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646441 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is way beyond his ability to understand. And even if he could understand what you are saying he would intentionally lie to you and play some silly word game just to waste your time.
We have all seen how he can not deal with anything the Atheists and Anti-theists bring to discuss so all that is left for him is to be as dishonest, deceptive and deceitful as he knows how to be. With all these years of practice I have to admit that he is quite good.
And the fact he does it in the name of God and for God makes God even more undesirable.
I agree with your sentiments... but, disagree on one point.

Although he tries to be...

...RR ain't that good at it.
XYZ OPEN ZIPPER hehhehehE

United States

#646443 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The god RR believes in was created in MAN'S image; no all powerful, all knowing and all perfect god could be so endowed with many HUMAN traits that are so imperfect and which the bible god admonishes humans for possessing- such as anger, wrath and jealousy.
The god of the bible considers such traits to be "sinful";therefore, the god of the bible is the biggest SINNER around.
If you look at RR screen name ' God bless America', you answer is there. Support his mad made God ,the nation over what is oppressed those human values, human rights, peace and stabilty...

God and politics of nation don't mix - often bring wars to others not of his kind

MAns with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation/people in it and to the world! Do i make sense. Most of these xtain fundies dislike me for being astute in combing through their evils...by making it transparent. the US right wing Xtain coalition/military despise Americans and world masses

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646444 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea. Funny how he doesn't know anything about his god except that he doesn't know anything about his god.
Who would trust RR to tell them about God? I doubt even the other pew warmers would trust RR.
RR's first post, as a registered user, on this thread, was the classic "Prove there's not!".

He's made very little progress.
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646445 Jul 29, 2013
That me above screen name XYZ!

ADD! The support man made god and nation over human rights, human values, world peace...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646446 Jul 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
http://tinyurl.com/for-you-nano

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646447 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Over and over again people who can think, reason and use logic complain about Retarded Reprobates intentional distortions of information. So far it has done no good to keep showing where he fails in order to correct his abominable behaviour.
He has no intention of becoming a considerate being and I suspect is doomed to remain nothing more than a mosquito at a picnic.
It seems that the more clogs he can throw into the wheel of normal discourse the happier he is. Although he is quite good at dishonesty in the name of God, I believe this makes him nothing more than a troll.
One quickly learns that he can not be educated or reasoned with, the only valid reason to reply to him is so that normal people in the discussion can be reminded that you were right the first time around.
I suspect he is one of those Con-artists who stands in front of the pew warmers and lies to them for the purpose of receiving an income.
I had held out hope for RR for a while, thinking that perhaps he was amenable to reason.

It seems I was mistaken, and not for the first time.

Unbridled optimism and charity on my part, I suppose.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646448 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
ROFFLMAO!!!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646449 Jul 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't that long ago that teachers would have a question on a test that asked for the student to name the "9" planets. That question implied that "9" planets being the total number in our solar system was an "absolute fact".
1st off...

Again... show me where it was taught that Pluto would NEVER be considered as anything other than a full-fledged planet.

You can't.

2nd...

What was done with our classification of Pluto wasn't unprecedented. That wasn't the first discovered object to have been originally considered as a planet and then reclassified as something else.

3rd...

As Aura has pointed out several times now... Pluto is still considered as a planet >>> a "dwarf planet".

4th...

I know it's difficult for you to accept, nano... but, I'm not in love with you anymore.

Lemme alone.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646450 Jul 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he knows himself! He's a bit strange, if u ask me! Sshhh, I didn't say anything!!
Just between us...

RR's an embarrassment, even to rednecks.

I know several. They all said so.
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646451 Jul 29, 2013
the = they

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646452 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
In which deity deity does a newborn not believe?
All of them.

You're confusing 'not believing something exists' with 'believing something doesn't exists'.

Newborns don't believe deities exist.

I don't believe they do, anyway.

Do you?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646453 Jul 29, 2013
XYZ OPEN ZIPPER hehhehehE wrote:
<quoted text>If you look at RR screen name ' God bless America', you answer is there. Support his mad made God ,the nation over what is oppressed those human values, human rights, peace and stabilty...
God and politics of nation don't mix - often bring wars to others not of his kind
MAns with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation/people in it and to the world! Do i make sense. Most of these xtain fundies dislike me for being astute in combing through their evils...by making it transparent. the US right wing Xtain coalition/military despise Americans and world masses
I've always taken exception to the phrase: God bless America.

First of all, that phrase implies that god should show favoritism toward the USA and at the expense of other countries.

A much more fitting sentiment would be: "God bless planet Earth" since those who believe in the bible god need to believe that the we are ALL children of the god of the bible- no matter WHAT our beliefs or where we live.

Secondly, all countries are MAN MADE, so why would ANY god care about blessing individual countries since it is not god who created MAN MADE countries?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#646454 Jul 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: Pluto...
Is there anyone actually saying that... about Pluto going rogue? Everything I read seems to indicate loooong term stability for Pluto's orbit.
RE: RR...
"The Bible contains errors... therefore, scientists lied about Pluto."
Does that about sum it up?
BTW...
I've read Ringworld sometime in the past... or maybe started listening to it. Not the whole book. Prolly no more than a few chapters.
Louis Wu, his 200th b'day, slidewalks, tranfer booths, "Speaker to Animals", etc...
Yeah, I've previously read at least some of it...
...and shall finally finish it.
If you have a first edition, hang on to it.

Niven says it's worth money - it's the one he had the planet rotating in the wrong direction.

I KNOW you can get pret' good shekels at a Con.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#646455 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have put a period after the third word Retarded Reprobate. Then your message would have contained some truth. All you had to say was "I don't think" and everyone would have been thrilled to have agreed with you.
You didn't put a period after it, Mr Smart Guy.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#646456 Jul 29, 2013
Browsed through rest of thread for replies to me.

Saw none.

At the end now.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646457 Jul 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Used to be you Christians were afraid of left handed people and Christian teachers in the public schools would try to force those born left handed to write with their right hands. It all failed, not one left handed student ever was able to make the switch.
It's true, some people wrongly believed that, a few hundred years ago, based on mis-reading scripture and believing in nonsense folklore.

The same nonsense and misreading that you do.

You perpetuate that which you hate.

And you don't even know you're doing it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#646458 Jul 29, 2013
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Work side by side with colleague not near you ? you mean a ghost, a ghoul? a entity? Alien?
It's a figure of speech.

See, OCB? This person (in our day and age) doesn't understand. Why would someone 2,000 years from now?
UDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#646459 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a figure of speech.
See, OCB? This person (in our day and age) doesn't understand. Why would someone 2,000 years from now?
Wrong! i have NOT look at all the posts , so you can't say that, you have direct me to those post of yours and of OCB, so i can make my own assessments. You grunt meathead! BWHAHAHHAA!
Tree Frog

Redding, CA

#646460 Jul 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- I thought by now you would have learned how much you SUCK at making analogies.
Yes- I LEARNED how to speak. Did I make a CONSCIOUS decision to learn?
No- and either did you or anyone else. We learn to speak through MIMICRY.
As to whether or not there is a gay gene, that is still up for debate.
"Jan. 28, 2005 - The genes a man gets from his mother and father may play an important role in determining whether he is gay or not, according to a new study likely to reignite the "gay gene" debate.
Researchers say it's the first time the entire human genetic makeup has been scanned in search of possible genetic determinants of male sexual orientation. The results suggest that several genetic regions may influence homosexuality.
"It builds on previous studies that have consistently found evidence of genetic influence on sexual orientation, but our study is the first to look at exactly where those genes are located," says researcher Brian Mustanski, PhD, a psychologist at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Those previous studies looked only at the genes located on the X chromosome. Genes on this chromosome are only passed to a son from his mother. But this study examined genetic information on all chromosomes, including genes from the father.
The findings show that identical stretches of DNA on three chromosomes were shared by about 60% of gay brothers in the study compared to the about 50% normally expected by chance."
http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/news/2...
"It's a medical mystery, one of the biggest debates of our time: Is there a gene that determines whether you're gay or straight? Some scientists think so, saying sexual identity is mostly biological. Others say it's a learned behavior."
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
But really- getting back to your original point and my first response to that point- the above post of yours and my response is neither here nor there.
The POINT is simply this: If your position is that no one is born gay, then the other side of the coin is also valid- that being that no one is born straight either.
Of course, and as I already stated, in either case- straight or gay- the above premise would be WRONG since people ARE innately straight or gay.
I know you disagree but you have yet to post how old you were and what day you woke up and said: I think I'm gonna be straight.
And why? Because being straight came NATURALLY to you- just as being gay comes naturally to some people.
"It's a medical mystery, one of the biggest debates of our time: Is there a gene that determines whether you're gay or straight?
The brain could be functioning normally and perhaps there's a defective gender gene involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Gotti 71,164
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Big Al 699,310
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min ROG 447,277
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 52 min Big Al 37
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 3 hr Ricky F 1,837
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 8 hr lookforlove23 4
Simpson made morgue's embalmer's job......"easy" 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1