“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#645873 Jul 28, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, you have presented your own "private" interpretation of scripture ...
I do not add my interpretation to Bible quotes. You are falsely accusing me.

Jesus says: John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Do you love Jesus enough to keep all of the following or are you going to get all apologetic on me and claim this only applies to people 2,000 years ago or offer some other apologetic excuse?

•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645874 Jul 28, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text> our good friend the Reverend here doesn't want to hear it. He's more than happy to take verses out of context, ask misleading questions and avoid answers to direct questions.
It's obvious to many of the believers here that his main mission is to corrupt the words of the Bible by being deceitful in nature in what and how he posts.
Prov. 19:9 RSV "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish"
UidiotRaceMaKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#645875 Jul 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheeto?
*hands idiot a Cheeto*
<quoted text>
Offering you a Cheeto is bullying?
O_o
You call people idiot so you moron! Stop pretending have relook at your post MORON GRUNT! your cheeyo is poison! take u BS and shove it up you... BWNBABAABABABAA
Chunky Dunker

Monticello, AR

#645876 Jul 28, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Prove there's NOT, Satan!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#645877 Jul 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead Sea Scrolls.
What was wrong with the Bible?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645878 Jul 28, 2013
Chunky Dunker wrote:
<quoted text> Prove there's NOT, Satan!
No.

Prove there's a Satan.
Chunky Dunker

Monticello, AR

#645880 Jul 28, 2013
Larry wrote:
A freind of mine saw God in my basement shower!!! And I'm sure the acid didn't have anything to do with it either..........
That wasn't God. That was Satan posing as God.
Chunky Dunker

Monticello, AR

#645881 Jul 28, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Prove there's a Satan.
Larry's friend saw him in the basement shower.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645882 Jul 28, 2013
Chunky Dunker wrote:
<quoted text> Larry's friend saw him in the basement shower.
That isn't what Larry said.

Stop misrepresenting Larry.
Chunky Dunker

Monticello, AR

#645883 Jul 28, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What was wrong with the Bible?
Nothing. BTW, that's a great pic of you!^^^ ;-)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645884 Jul 28, 2013
PROBLEM: Jesus told the thief on the cross: Luke 23:43 "... Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
This prophecy could not have been kept unless Jesus went to heaven that day, in which case he would not have been buried for three days.

psalms 23 wrote: would it do any good to show you that it's not a contradiction? Would you believe me?? No, of course not alan..

ALAN: Jesus promised that "today" they would be in paradise, yet Jesus was buried 3 days which makes "today" impossible.

No, it won't do any good to tell me what you think Jesus really meant or should have said. All we have is the same Bible, the same words. You do NOT have anything that I do not have. I accept the verses exactly as they are but you apologize the problem verses away so you can pretend the Bible is a perfect error free book of harmony.

The reason you do your apologetics is because you see what I see but because someone told you this is the word of God, you realize that you have to "understand" what was really meant, whereas I just read it and accept it as it is. And I reject it because of how it is. And I do not listen to anyone tell me that white is black and black is white.

psalms 23:I've shown you, that you need to compare scripture with scripture, and "study" the words "IN CONTEXT",,and you will see they are in harmony with one another.

ALAN: No you haven't. And I have not posted anything out of context because if I had you would have posted it in context and called me an idiot and a liar and NEVER let me forget it. You are asking me to accept your apologetic over my reason, logic and command of the English language. And I do compare verse against verse that is how I post contradictions which completely destroy your assertion that the Bible is error free and perfect.

psalms 23: Would you believe a Biblical scholar, who knows the Greek and Hebrew tongue and writings, along with the Aramic language which Jesus spoke??

ALAN: I trust all the translators to have done the best job they could. But I do not trust any apologetic "scholar" which means they are a paid professional liar and distorter of the plain written meaning. Anyone who insists that Jesus is too stupid to mean what he says and has appointed themselves to tell us what God really meant is not to be trusted. I can read! I do not need you to tell me all means some, and hate means love.

psalms 23: I highly doubt you would..

ALAN: I do not accept apologetics.

psalms 23: The problem and misunderstanding "YOU" have, is what you think paradise to be, and it's location?[Preaching snipped]

ALAN: I read the words on the pages of the Bible and I accurately quote them here and I leave you free to draw your own conclusions. You know what conclusions the sceptics will draw because you see the problems, but instead of being honest and saying, "golly gee, the Bible has an error" you say, the Bible can't have an error we have to do something, and what you do is called apologetics.

The words "all" and "every" are absolutes, allowing no exceptions.
Chunky Dunker

Monticello, AR

#645885 Jul 28, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what Larry said.
Stop misrepresenting Larry.
Sorry . I didn't mean to misrepresent Larry. It's just that if Larry's friend saw God in the basement shower, it had to be an imposter,because God doesn't do the basement shower thing. Therefore, I believe that must have been Satan himself, or one of his minions in the shower.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645886 Jul 28, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>I tried debating with a couple of em, but to no avail.
You do not debate palms 23 you assert and change words to mean what ever you want them to mean. Apologetics are completely dishonest. Only really stupid people believe apologists. Normal people who do not earn money off of deceiving people can read the following and clearly see that the Bible is contradictory, unreliable and can not be trusted.

Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
(Also 1 John 1:8 & 10, Rom. 3:12, 5:12, Gal. 3:22)

Versus

Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: andhe had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645887 Jul 28, 2013
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you run down to the corner market, and buy's u some of them little pieces of candy called "smarties", and eat maybe a couple dozens or so, of em. This Bible debate is off limits to you.
You make my 15 year old, look highly intelligent about the Bible..
Maybe your 15 year old is just doing what Jesus commanded him to do?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645888 Jul 28, 2013
Chunky Dunker wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing.
Not according to RR.
BTW, that's a great pic of you!^^^ ;-)
Thanks!

It was a good hair day.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#645889 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong!
Intelligent Design isn't science although it's highly unlikely you'll ever develop intellectually to comprehend that it's juvenile Christian creationism repackaged for the public school system.
You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and should be institutionalized immediately, kid.
200% wrong! Here is a book you should read about your disorder: http://www.amazon.com/Atheist-Personality-Dis...

Fr. Pasquini's work puts to death the intellectual hopes for atheism and brings to light the mental disorder behind the atheist mindset.... With the advances in molecular biology,'cosmic' mathematics, and the psychology of atheism, atheism has lost its intellectual validity-being more the product of a psychological disorder whose origins are found in childhood development. Get some help, most likely it's from your childhood.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645890 Jul 28, 2013
Chunky Dunker wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry . I didn't mean to misrepresent Larry. It's just that if Larry's friend saw God in the basement shower, it had to be an imposter,because God doesn't do the basement shower thing. Therefore, I believe that must have been Satan himself, or one of his minions in the shower.
Okay.

Prove there's a god.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645891 Jul 28, 2013
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is LOVE, he would not tell others to "literally hate".
Therfore, it does mean that Christ was telling them that "you/they" are to LOVE GOD/JESUS ""MORE"" then you do your family..
IOW,, simply put.. The word used in this context, is to
"LOVE LESS".
How do you know what Jesus would tell others? And who appointed you to tell us Jesus meant something other than what he clearly stated? You do not like what Jesus said because you know how stupid it makes you and that talking donkey you rode in here on look stupid. So what is left for you do to but claim hate means love less and anyone who doesn't accept your fantasy word change is a despicable God hater.

Clearly your behaviour shows you to be divorced from reality.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645892 Jul 28, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I told you before, I'm a muslim. This is stale news to us. We've known about these inconsistencies for hundreds, for over a thousand years, and that is why we do not follow the Bible. And now you want to post this here, addressed to me, as if it is some great revelation. What you have posted here, we have been telling the Christians for almost 1400 years.
"So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, and then say, "This is from God!" in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn." [Quran 2:79]
One thousand four hundred years??? Clearly you Muslims have FAILED to teach the Christians anything.
Chunky Dunker

Monticello, AR

#645893 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove your mental retardation was NOT caused by the Invisible Pink Unicorn spiraling her horn up your redneck ass, punk!
My, my, my...how nasty we can be! Pink unicorns are not pink, they are invisible. I will admit to being a redneck, but I'm far from a punk. Who are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min MUQ1 267,616
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 6 min Clear Dharma 518
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min guest 568,669
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 37 min AN NFL FAN 120,785
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 1 hr neverenough82 75
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 1 hr this is my first ... 14
What Is The New World Order? 1 hr PELE78 26
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 607,257
Scientific proof for God's existence 9 hr let your brother rip 647
More from around the web