Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#646296 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to sell telescopes?
Telescopes will do no good.

http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~few/Moon%20positions...

That is just to demonstrate ecliptic relationships. The earth has one to the sun, the sun to the galaxy, etc. But within each relationship you have bodies that cause perturbations in the mean relationships. They can be internal or external. Meaning a celstial body within the system or the effects of where the solar system is in the galaxy. A constant change of gravity and magnetic relationships working on that ecliptic. Gravitational or magnetic forces working on the outermost bodies tend to lever the disk, at least to a small degree. These result in what are called ignorable perturbations by some. Which they may be ignorable if observed over a very long period and they prove to be periodic. This is fitting in with the larger scheme of things.

However.

The myopic view of various science disciplines make it very difficult to see things in anything near real time on a cosmic scale. Has to do with sheer numbers of things to observe and the number crunching required to get the larger picture. Plus the focus on the ecliptic of our solar system. This accretion disk fascination can take your eyes off other directions.

You are going to have celestial bodies in this solar system wildly variant from the ecliptic. This solar system is where one of the SAGDEG loops with the Milky Way intersects. The Milky Way had been eating it for a long time, and this just so happens to be where it takes a bite of it. A transverse entry to the ecliptic of stars and all sorts of debris of various sizes, along with their gravitational and magnetic influences. We just don't really know what directions things are coming from.

The limits of scientific knowledge now gives an "appearance" of stability for a long time into the future. Reality is otherwise.

Due to the heliosphere and our own magnetosphere, there is a greater magnetic influence to objects transversing the ecliptic, which is a lot more powerful than the periodic pulses of gravity. The tug or repulsion will extend for a much, much, much longer distance than straight gravity. Instead of working from the outside and spinning inward, you have them vectoring in on a polar path, and at a greater speed.

There have been changes in recent decades that have been overlooked.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#646297 Jul 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/obje...
It is hard to see what is really out there.
Especially since they look in the wrong direction.
The big smack will come from the south pole.
At least you didn't look in the scope and see this...
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files...
Or maybe you did, lol heaven and hell.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#646298 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think people are "born" atheist any more than we are born gay, afraid of the dark or vegetarian.
It's all learned.
Okay- then using what passes as logic for you, you shouldn't think we are born straight, either.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#646301 Jul 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Eww scary stuff, Nibiru is a sneaking up on you, nobody has found it cause it keeps hiding behind other planets when they look for it. It wants to GET you caused it's EVUL it gonna eat people when it gets here! lol
NASA has discovered 10,000 *near Earth objects" that have the capability of causing extinction events...

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/

...but, I suspect nearing the galactic plane could result in the entire solar system experiencing chaotic motion caused by massive tidal forces there.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#646302 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been provided with sufficient de-conversion resources to leave your self-degrading cultist lifestyle and return to the modern world. It's highly unlikely that a sociopathic punk like you will ever be man enough to let go of your inane delusions.
http://articles.exchristian.net/2002/10/becom...
"...and return to the modern world"

in case you haven't noticed, your "modern world" is imploding on itself and exploding at the seems - you can have it! BUT - be careful of the koolaid 'they' give ya at them 'they say' cult meetings....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646304 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. It's human error that needs to be corrected, primarily in proper translations.
Nope. And who determines what "proper" translations are anyway?

Sorry, RR- we expect HUMANS to say what they mean and to mean what they say and in a way that is intelligible and understandable to our audience.

But you give your god a free pass on this, huh?

So not only is your god deliberately confusing, your god also demonstrates many human traits that are frowned upon- by your god, no less!

Such as anger, jealousy, spitefulness, being vindictive, angry, mean, petty and small.

Your bible lies yet AGAIN- we humans were NOT created in the image of your god; rather, the authors of the bible created the god you believe in in the HUMAN image.

Your god is an immature, duplicitous, deceitful, self-contradicting and lying PUNK.

Gee- qualities befitting of a SOCIOPATH.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#646306 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing even mildly amusing about being mentally retarded via Christian indoctrination. Gawdunit is the single greatest source of ignorance worldwide as imbeciles like you demonstrate on a daily basis in this forum, kid.
maybe if you didn't sound so much like a bully-brat i might actually believe that you're an adult

don't be mad at me just cuz your cwistian mommy took your playboy mag away;)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#646308 Jul 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you didn't look in the scope and see this...
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files...
Or maybe you did, lol heaven and hell.
Bats. Euw.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646309 Jul 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! It's the same here in England and in every other country.
It's so rare to find people who use their brain. Everyone just blindly believes the governments. I've said this before that some people are brainwashed by religion and others by their governments, but they keep fighting with each other thinking one is better than the other. I don't know what it's gonna take to wake these people up.
Perhaps if humanity can evolve into a being cognizant of the fact that they and everyone they know are going to die people might want to do what is required to wake up to the fact of their existence and potential and begin trying to transform minerals into conscious thought, not automatically like they do now but with a conscious intention.

We need to change the Golden Rule from those who have the gold make the rules to BELIEVER NOTHING, VERIFY EVERYTHING.

It will take an awakened teacher to awaken the sleepers.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#646310 Jul 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Those are human "qualities". ;)
No, seriously, people need to learn to feel guilty for doing evil crap. And nobody ever died from humiliation. You may think it unwarranted, but many others feel people like Jeffrey Dahmer died too quick and easy. If he had done those awful things to my child I'd want him skinned very slowly...and more.

Created him in our image huh? Oh wait...

On second thought , they should have kept Jeffrey alive.
That way they could put the child murderers and pretty girl killers in there to play with him. Them don't feed him for a week..lol

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#646311 Jul 29, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that.
how about we both try?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#646313 Jul 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<yawn>
Yes, that's right. Because I told you how immature it is to do what you do, I am utterly responsible for what another poster wrote.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuh!
Christians are always challenging and correcting each other on these treads, why don't atheist/pagan/unbelievers???

one might draw the conclusion that y'all are in a murderous/genocidal agreement with each other against Christians......i'm just say'n.......

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#646315 Jul 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>NASA has discovered 10,000 *near Earth objects" that have the capability of causing extinction events...
http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/
...but, I suspect nearing the galactic plane could result in the entire solar system experiencing chaotic motion caused by massive tidal forces there.
Yes it is a real concern now that we know, but honestly we can't do much about it atm, but it's something we need to prepare for.
As far as our position in relation to the galactic plane.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/will...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646319 Jul 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB is back from the dead.
Hey LOON.

You are a MORON, but I do realize that a major reason for you being as mentally defective as you are is due to your brain having been so irreversibly pickled in alcohol.

I don't hate masculinity; as a straight and very feminine female- I adore masculinity in men.

I don't hate men who are effeminate either- nor do I hate homosexuals- be they male or female.

You see, I don't hate ANYONE and your nonsensical and baseless blabbering only reflects poorly on YOU.

Go have another drink; not only do you make it blatantly obvious that that is what you do best, you also make it blatantly obvious that it's the ONLY thing you do well.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646320 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
No one should be surprised that you're a homophobic azzhole.
The dazzler has much bigger problems than his homophobia.

He's also a pedophile and a hopeless drunk.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646322 Jul 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe if you didn't sound so much like a bully-brat i might actually believe that you're an adult
don't be mad at me just cuz your cwistian mommy took your playboy mag away;)
And you shouldn't ask Playboy to send you back copies just because the pages of YOUR Playboy mags are all stuck together.
Tellit

Chico, CA

#646323 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
A person lacking the capacity to differentiate fantasy from reality is insane. You've clearly demonstrated that you lack the capacity to differentiate Christian mythology from reality. You're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately, fool!
with the exception of those who believe in Santa Claus which would remove too many children from their parents.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646324 Jul 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You [nano] are ignorant of my husband and his life so all you can do is make god given guesses and like all god given guesses they prove to be nothing more than guesses.
Nano is not even a good guesser. Good post, I like your style!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#646325 Jul 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I just enlightened you:
Primitive cultures initially invented the juvenile concept of mythical deities out of ignorance of natural phenomena.
Nefarious opportunists hijacked the concept as the essential element of dogma-based indoctrination systems to control the gullible masses.
It can be stated in absolute terms that organized religion is a cruel hoax and all of the thousands of documented deities are man-made myths.
Think how intelligent they must have been to pull off that hoax and write that book that scares you. They even got archaeologist and historians in on the hoax. They even fooled your family. Tell us about your childhood. What do you think went wrong and when?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#646326 Jul 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bats. Euw.
Thanks for showing your ignorance.

You obviously are totally clueless as to the VERY important role bats play in keeping insect populations under control.

Of course, given that you are a GNAT who is still buzzing around proves you are too nasty and bitter for even the hungriest of bats to want to eliminate.

Try learning SOMETHING- ANYTHING!- for a change.

"Most bat species are not only harmless to humans, but actually beneficial. Insectivorous bats are far and away the best bug-killers on the planet.

The little brown bat, one of the most common North American bat species, can catch and eat as many as 1,200 mosquitoes in one hour.

The famous colony of Mexican free-tail bats that lives underneath the Congress Avenue Bridge in Austin, Texas, will eat up to 30,000 pounds of insects in a single night.

A Mexican free-tail colony in Bracken Cave, Texas, containing more than 20 million bats, will eat roughly 200 tons of insects in a night. These bats, and many other species, feed on insects that destroy crops, providing an invaluable service to farmers."

http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/mamm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Chicagoan by Birth 51,701
Who are you voting for March 24th.. City council?? 11 min Joejowiseman 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Michael 693,160
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Peter Ross 445,966
when will i be able to dip after wisdom teeth r... (Jan '13) 1 hr bigLips 27
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 1 hr They eat people 81
Glass and blood in hotel was O.J. trying to set... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web