Prove there's a god.

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#646154 Jul 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>i have problem with organized religion and ( MAd /evil0 scientist who work for corrupt institutions , why i say this?
Because you have a problem with bully tactics and deceit.

That is ok. So do I.=) So do a lot of people.

Maybe soon we can change this thing we now call the "human condition" and a make a significantly kinder, saner world.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#646155 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll probably stop. She's thankfully ignore my posts for a while, and that makes me happy.
You insisted that I ignore you but you couldn't even go a whole 24 hours without making a comment to me...

Give it up, you're obsessed.

I heard they have a new drug for that. It's called nanolyssa-uptake inhibitor. It's also offered in a suppository. xD
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#646157 Jul 28, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking truth to power...
Any intellectual who has a unique opinion, or vantage point on life, is heckled, marginalized, and tortured whenever possible.
Humans are oh so very much like their close chimpanzee cousins, complete with the psychotic alpha male being naturally chosen as the leader of most large-scale human institutions.
It's what we have to live with.:) Until evolution, or some other hope comes along and changes it.
Someone joker is giving us negative icons!

yes, thing about this is less than 3% of Society are pyschopaths (forgot name of study) show no altrustic nor have empathy for mankind, they are those our corrupted megalomanic power hungry Leaders in power often are one who start the wars worldwide with help of their lowly minions soldiers boys/girls, violent criminals of society, sychophants... If we lock up most of these power seeking and money hungry ruthless alpha males you see fewer wars and fewer criminal in society. We have few on Topixs that are war mongers/ soldiers ... who try to incite us to wars, nations to wars... they are evil of society those lowly minions that work for corrupted establishments that needs to be locked up as they causer of most of problems at home and around the world.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#646158 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now that you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. The OT saints slaughtered a goat as a live offering and covered themselves in its blood, but although god is feeling the goat blood, nothing gets him off like the blood sacrifice of his own child, who is also him, who is also a ghost. But they're also the same guy! Anyways, their goat blood got them a few brownie points with ol'd whispy beard up in the sky, so he stuck them down in the bosom of the earth, where they have to contend with molten magma. Not relevant though - see: mystery, magic, all powerful, etc.
And then, when god finally gets around to sacrificing himself, erh, I mean his son, he sprays all the OT prophets with it and they can go to heaven. Human sacrifice cults are awesome.
Sounds like you got it, right on.

Location hidden

#646160 Jul 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are misunderstnding me. The radical "reinterpretations" in christian dogma and tradition have been forced on it by the secular world. The bible used to be a scientific authority. Now it's not. The bible used to be a moral authority. Now the thought of it is laughable. Christians used to burn people at the stake. No longer.
They used to own slaves and prevented women from voting. Is there anything good we can say about them?

Location hidden

#646161 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept of God is indeed juvenile as is your equally inane concept of a central consciousness to the universe.
Primitive cultures initially invented the concept out of ignorance of natural phenomena.
Nefarious opportunists hijacked the concept as the essential element of dogma-based indoctrination systems to control the gullible masses.
You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid.
Ok. And your reasoning, fool?

Or do you have anything to back that up?

The belief in an enigmatic "God" is common to more than 50% of the population. More people than not feel the presence of some kind of all-consciousness behind the universe.

This doesn't make them right. Maybe they're insane. But how would you know?

Location hidden

#646162 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof by proxy fallacy.
London exists therefore the Harry Potter books are factual.
Good post. I like the logic.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#646163 Jul 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You insisted that I ignore you but you couldn't even go a whole 24 hours without making a comment to me...
Give it up, you're obsessed.
I heard they have a new drug for that. It's called nanolyssa-uptake inhibitor. It's also offered in a suppository. xD
Woohoo, I won that round! You caved in, what, 2 hours?

And you called yourself an "alpha."

Better get used to beta, beotch.

Location hidden

#646164 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept of God is indeed juvenile as is your equally inane concept of a central consciousness to the universe.
Primitive cultures initially invented the concept out of ignorance of natural phenomena.
Nefarious opportunists hijacked the concept as the essential element of dogma-based indoctrination systems to control the gullible masses.
You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid.
Honestly? How would you know, Myth Buster?

There's only one way you could know. If you could, right here, prove the non-existence of "God" (All conceptions, all ideas, all forms ever believed in, and all ideas, forms possible) beyond *reasonable doubt*

Can you do this? Because if you can, using logic, I will agree with you right here, right now, tonight. I will regard the idea with the same sort of contempt as people who believe the earth is flat.

Please, enlighten me.

United States

#646165 Jul 28, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
100% right! A man with no religion bases his life on NOTHING, because RELIGION is nothing more than the GUIDING FOCUS OF ONE'S THOUGHT-LIFE.
Without that guiding focus, he literally has no philosophy, no idea, and probably doesn't give a shit either way!
I knew a guy exactly like that!
You're incredibly rude!=P
i have problem with your thinking, but religion can used to for good or bad. Better to know not thing of religion , as you will see fewer wars with others and with yourself. More you know , the more the headache it is, like a drug that cause syptoms. calmness is way of nature be free of thinking and worldly things and you achieve peace with yourself and peace with the world. BWHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#646166 Jul 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! Religious brainwashing is the world's greatest source of ignorance, intolerance and violence. You're incredibly stupid, kid.
100% right! Religion is the guiding focus of your old, worthless life whether you like it or not.

And you're an intentionally inflammatory jerk.

Don't you have a dung-pile to wallow in right about now?

Location hidden

#646167 Jul 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>We are born essentially without knowledge of the world. With newborns lacking knowledge, we could argue that a newborn is inherently agnostic rather than atheistic. But we won't do that either. Agnostic or atheist is a foolish claim in that context. Both terms relate to at least a small understanding of the concept of god. Newborns don't have it. Lacking the concept of a deity, atheist and agnostic are irrelevant terms. It would be equally irrelevant to assign any religious belief system to a newborn child.
Disbelief is learned, just as belief is.
You do not know what agnostic, atheist, theist and anti-theist mean. I posted a link, you didn't read it, your loss.

Tell me what God is.

United States

#646168 Jul 28, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have a problem with bully tactics and deceit.
That is ok. So do I.=) So do a lot of people.
Maybe soon we can change this thing we now call the "human condition" and a make a significantly kinder, saner world.
That will be the day. but money and greed is route of all evils!

Location hidden

#646169 Jul 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Last I heard there was only one star inside our heliosphere...
And you always believe everything you hear.

Location hidden

#646170 Jul 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>i have problem with your thinking, but religion can used to for good or bad. Better to know not thing of religion , as you will see fewer wars with others and with yourself. More you know , the more the headache it is, like a drug that cause syptoms. calmness is way of nature be free of thinking and worldly things and you achieve peace with yourself and peace with the world. BWHAHAHAHAHA
Well, what is your problem with it exactly?

I can imagine it might be the word "Religion", which a lot of people use to describe what they despise, suddenly being used to label something they themselves do would be problematic on an emotional level, but there is no real objective difference between a person who orbits their life around a teaching, a character, a myth, and a person who orbits their life around a philosophy, even a logical one.

Both are thought-defining parameters that construct the framework for how they think and how they perceive the world, all of them imperfect perceptions, and if they could see beyond their hubris, as imperfect as each other.

And I can understand why you'd think religion going away would make for a better world.

But if the typical and erroneous definition of religion went away (and nothing else), the world would be a very, very, boring place. Artistic quality, closely tied to spirituality, would suffer greatly.

Movies, books, fictions of all kinds would suffer.

It would be as if the entire human race suffered a mortal blow to their imagination.

Indeed, it's not even possible, unless..somehow they found a way to imprison our very thoughts.

I don't want to live in that world, sorry to say. I'll take 'religion' and all it's bloody and murderous excesses, and my mental and spiritual freedom as well, if you don't mind.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#646172 Jul 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you always believe everything you hear.
I'm going to have to side with the doubters on this one, Reverend. I can't imagine that a star is hiding within our galaxy. I do remember, a while back, that some astronomers viewed Jupiter as a failed star. I'm pretty sure that idea has been discarded, since we've found larger, more massive gas planets.

Location hidden

#646173 Jul 28, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
There is actual historical evidence that God exists.
Of course you are too stupid to post it so we can all take a look at it.

Why do you pew warmers believe it is enough to just say there is a God?

United States

#646175 Jul 28, 2013
Azak-Thazda wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what is your problem with it exactly?
I can imagine it might be the word "Religion", which a lot of people use to describe what they despise, suddenly being used to label something they themselves do would be problematic on an emotional level, but there is no real objective difference between a person who orbits their life around a teaching, a character, a myth, and a person who orbits their life around a philosophy, even a logical one.
Both are thought-defining parameters that construct the framework for how they think and how they perceive the world, all of them imperfect perceptions, and if they could see beyond their hubris, as imperfect as each other.
And I can understand why you'd think religion going away would make for a better world.
But if the typical and erroneous definition of religion went away (and nothing else), the world would be a very, very, boring place. Artistic quality, closely tied to spirituality, would suffer greatly.
Movies, books, fictions of all kinds would suffer.
It would be as if the entire human race suffered a mortal blow to their imagination.
Indeed, it's not even possible, unless..somehow they found a way to imprison our very thoughts.
I don't want to live in that world, sorry to say. I'll take 'religion' and all it's bloody and murderous excesses, and my mental and spiritual freedom as well, if you don't mind.
Problem those in power use the many mediums like movies, books... to indoctrinated and control the (easily brainwashed e undereducated masses worldwide with programing them to hate other nort of their kind.... and which often incite nations, brothers, and even families to wars , all because of religion(s), and idealogy...so? don't you see dangers in your thinking giving adult childrens candy?

bwhahhahaa

Location hidden

#646176 Jul 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblicists write 'your' when they mean 'you're' at least 1,000 times more often than do educated people.
I do not believe it is a typo but a result of a bad education or a low IQ, or both. You are presenting another of your dog and pony shows nano.
You are angry because you have seen for the first time that the Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted. You're welcome.
Epic fail, dude! No sane person here believes that anybody has EVER done research into every comment EVER made and concluded (after noting every single typo)that believers have made 1,000 times more of that particular typo than non-believers. Wow...you need some serious medication.

Location hidden

#646177 Jul 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> is pseudo rev alan the blind leading the blind?
I think I'm beginning to get the "looks but cannot see" maxim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Riverside Rednek 47,477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Just Think 692,215
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 23 min John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 57 min Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 504
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 4 hr Guy from Latonia 1
Budha Prolly Went To He11 9 hr Smiley 7
More from around the web