|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiight.
You obviously know nothing of Galilei. I do not expect you to. Nor do I expect you to know who Copernicus was.
The Roman Catholic Church is two things. It is the greatest cover-up organisation for pedophelia, and it is the greatest single obstacle to science in the past thousand years.
Well said, Sir DF.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Just so.
Tht's why science works and prayer doesn't.
LOL! You sure nailed his hide to the wall. Good one!

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.
I'll acknowledge that I may have generalized "science", much as one might generalize "education" or "religion" or "knowledge".
I'll change the syntax if you'd like, but the point remains - the field of scientific knowledge is self-correcting and continually improving.
That of "Biblical knowledge" does not - or are you still slaughtering pigeons to cure disease?
Sir, it's 5 pigeons if you want that pimple removed. 10, to make sure it never comes back.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
My first SNCO was from the outer isles and spoke The Gaelic, never even heard English until he was 9. He was difficult to understand, the words all merged.
Once you get up to Kingussie or Aviemore the signs go bilingual, although I have to say more Welsh is spoken in Wales than Gaelic in Scotland.
Wow!!!

Dat is un svine...

Cool!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya! What Dave said...
Dave is re-writing history. Of course you would like that since you hate facts, evidence and the truth instead thriving on deception and dishonesty. World wide your dog and pony show is being seen for what it is.

Paul--"I will therefore that men pray everywhere lifting up holy hands...." (1 Tim. 2:8) versus Jesus--"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.... But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret" (Matt. 6:5-6). Those clamoring for prayer in the schools had better quote Paul and not Jesus.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Brainwashed Christian godbots like you mindlessly repeat "Jesus is Lord" and never develop intellectually to understand that the universe had an entirely natural origin and organized religion is a cruel hoax created to control mentally retarded piles of shit like you.
Jesus is lord.

Ah! Damn that Jedi mind trick again!!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not. Because science is not dogma. It is subject to scrutiny and investigation. Religion is not. It is dogma from the start and does not allow for critical thinking
Science is most definitely dogma. There's no more mystery and wonder in it anymore, because they think they know it all.

Here's 10 scientific dogmas that must be adhered to in order to keep the 'fellowship' of scientist today.-Even if their wrong....

1. Nature is mechanical – All creatures and systems in nature are but lumbering robots fulfilling a genetically programmed role.

2. Matter is unconscious – Stars, plants, animals, water, etc, are just material things and therefore do not and cannot have consciousness.

3. The laws of nature are fixed – This is the idea that natural laws were fixed at the moment of the Big Bang, and will continue to be constant until the end of time.

4. Nature is purposeless – There is no design in nature, and the evolutionary process is merely a mechanical function. There is no higher purpose.

5. Biological heredity – The traits of a species are composed of a physical material that resides in the genes.

6. Memories are stored inside of the brain as material traces – Stored somewhere in the proteins and nerve endings are the memories of the mind. Like a physical filing cabinet.

7. The mind is inside the head – The mind is physically bound to the head and brain in some way.

8. Psychic phenomenon, like telepathy, is impossible – Thoughts have no effect on the outside world because the mind is inside the head.

9. Mechanistic medicine is the only kind that works – It is merely chance or the placebo effect if a natural remedy or other healing practice seems to affect physical healing.

10. The habits of nature do not evolve.
The total amount of matter and energy is the same

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I guess that means the following is not a contradiction:
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
I know you would like me to stop posting biblical errors, contradictions and fallacies, and I probably would if you would grow up and act like an adult and stop pretending you know what this imaginary God of your wants of humanity.
Not that this is important, but I have my own online copies of Biblical Errancy and I promised Dennis before his death that I would continue to expose the biggest hoax ever sold: the Bible.
All the Atheists seem to think I am doing a great job exposing your lies, deceptions and dishonesty. I know your fellow pew warmers don't like it and like you grasp for any straw to try to discredit me. You make up all kinds of things that only prove you can deal with the real problems which are the contradictions and other errors found on every single page of the Bible.
You have nothing else going for you except pretending you know something the rest of us don't know. And with each and every post I prove that what you know is wrong and divorced from reality.
I understand you are upset and I will make this promise to you; when you and the other pew warmers stop lying I'll stop posting the truth.
PS. Thanks for plugging the Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy, I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know about the errors in the Bible. It is an excellent resource for fighting your stupidity and ignorance.
Your Narcissism is overwhelming, which BTW is a term that originated with Narcissus in Greek mythology who fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water. Do you have a favorite mirror you stand in front of alan??

It would help you to argue from Knowledge, not Ignorance...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For better accuracy.
Science is constantly re-interpreted with each new generation.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic, RR
What? Are you saying now that science is fixed and never re-interpreted?!

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya! What Dave said...
Dave....uh...is Dave.

The USA, b/c of strange Christian ideas, is currently losing to China in the genetics world. It's beginning to lose out in the space race. In one generation, Chinese universities will be doing research on par with American universities. In two, I fear what will become of American science - you people need to get your shit in order. This isn't a game where religion has a say.

I like America as the center of the world, I don't want China to become that center. But you are screwing it up. You've already given your top physics over to the EU, your top genetics research over to Asia, and you're training the top everyone else.

Stop. Pull your pants up and get back on track. Don't let the leadership in science fall to another nation - because that's where you're headed, and it's not good for the contemporary world.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Paul--"In whom (Jesus.) are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Col. 2:3) versus Jesus--"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son...." (Mark 13:32). Apparently Jesus didn't feel he was as omniscient as did Paul.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>McKinsey's dead. All his crap has been disputed, try to catch up. I notice when you ask a question and then a person explains the answer, you move on to the next McKinsey point. YOu are nothing but an atheist troll.
Excellent point. I've never seen someone as brainwashed as Alan.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Paul--"And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses" (Acts 13:39) versus Jesus--"...but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him neither in this world, neither in the world to come" (Matt. 12:32) and "But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation" (Mark 3:29). According to Jesus you can never be justified for all things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:

And you think that proves there is a God?
No proof = no god.
So, before no proof of DNA, it didn't exist?

(I don't expect an answer, just more troll worship from you.)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Paul--"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ...." (2 Cor. 5:10)

versus

Jesus--"Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man" (John 8:15) and "...who made me a judge and a divider over you?" (Luke 12:14) and "...for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" (John 12:47) and (John 8:50).

Somebody should have told Paul that Jesus doesn't want the job.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
He means C. Dennis McKinsey Editor of Biblical Errancy Magazine, author of The Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy etc.
I was a member of the Biblical Errancy Panel for 3 decades and I promised Dennis before his death that I would continue to get BE in front of the pew warmers.
They attack me for it of course. But hey, they are all morons so who cares.
Jesus--"but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matt. 5:22)
versus
Paul--"Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die" (1 Cor. 15:36) and "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you" (Gal. 3:1) and "We are fools for Christ's sake" (1 Cor. 4:10) and (Rom. 1:22, 1 Cor. 3:18).
Apparently Paul doesn't feel "fool" is a dangerous word or hell fire is a thing to be feared.
Ah, my error.

I'd thought he was referring to the late Alfred Kinsey.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christians are necrophiliacs:
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye shall have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day"
Ricardo's right about you. I've already explained to you that this verse is not about eating food.

You're a lost cause.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be doing a very good job for you to get so mean so quickly, usually it takes over two weeks for a pew warmers to become as revengeful, hateful and obsessed with attacking me as you have become.
Thanks, I'll continue to post more Biblical Errancy and prove you are a con-artist wishing to deceive gullible people.
Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."
Versus
Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."
The Biblegod who doesn't repent repented. All you Christians have is smoke and mirrors to deceive people into believing you know something the rest of us do not. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to expose your dog and pony show for the con that it is.
The attribute of God which describes Him as changeless is called His immutability. He does not change in His essential being. He does not change in His attributes. He does not change in the principles by which He operates.

The psalmist contrasted the changing destiny of the heavens and earth with God’s changelessness:“They shall be changed, but thou art the same”(Psa. 102:26, 27). James describes the Lord as “the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning”(Jas. 1:17).

There are other Scriptures that remind us that God does not repent.“God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of man that he should repent”(Num. 23:19).“The Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent”(1 Sam. 15:29).

But what, then, do we do with verses that say that God does repent?“It repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth”(Gen. 6:6).“The Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel”(1 Sam. 15:35b). See also Exodus 32:14 and Jonah 3:10.

There is no contradiction. God always acts on these two principles: He always rewards obedience and always punishes disobedience. When man shifts from obedience to disobedience, God must still be true to His own character by shifting from the first principle to the second. This seems like repentance to us, and it is so described in what we might call the language of human appearance. But it does not indicate regret or changeableness.

God is always the same. In fact, that is one of His names.“…thou, the Same, thou alone art the God of all the kingdoms of the earth”(Isa. 37:16, Darby). That name is also found in 2 Sam. 7:28 Margin, Psa. 102:27 and Isa. 41:4 Margin, all in Darby’s translation.

NEXT... You have failed miserably alan...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You sure nailed his hide to the wall. Good one!
* snerk *

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point. I've never seen someone as brainwashed as Alan.
That is a strange thing to say since you are one of the most brainwashed individuals in existence.

Paul--"...who (Jesus), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" (Phil. 2:6) and "For in him (Christ) dwelleth all of the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Col. 2:9)

versus

Jesus--"...for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28) and "...I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God" (John 20:17).

Paul may consider Jesus God's equal but clearly Jesus does not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 612,521 - 612,540 of716,181
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

432 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Hidingfromyou 223,068
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Hidingfromyou 93,160
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min hojo 529,755
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min HasBhaRAT Trolls Fixers 114,565
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Chess 440,799
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Serah 598,716
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 2 hr Sasha 108
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 255,614
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••