Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#645659 Jul 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, dear. Subliterate, too.
You should have written "you're". It's a whole different word.
And I don't need to prove the non-existence of any deity - I comfortably await proof of your assertion that there is at least one.
In the meantime, I see no reason for one.
Also, in English, the first letter of the first word of a sentence is capitalized. These pew warmers spend way too much time in church instead of the class room.

I guess I can understand that, they aren't good at anything so all they have is telling people about Jesus. Only problem with that is they don't know that Jesus is a myth. Invented tens of thousands of years ago and reinvented every 500 years or so.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#645660 Jul 27, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Do certain religious people curtail science?
Yes. You know that. I just wanted you to make the change from "religious people" to "certain religious people".

Otherwise you sound very bigoted.

Like the "lowly whites" guy...

Location hidden

#645661 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Copy/pasting in French now?
OOPS!

If you must accept Jesus as your Savior in order to be saved (John
14:6), what about the billions of beings that die as fetuses, infants,
and mentally deficient, etc.? For them to accept Jesus would be
impossible. So they are condemned to hell because of conditions over
which they had no control. Deut. 32:4 says God is just, but where is
the justice?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#645662 Jul 27, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Do certain religious people curtail science?
Helloooo, monkey guy!!!:-p

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#645663 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never compared God to an emotion.
I said that proving that He exists is just as difficult as proving an emotion.
If you doubt me, prove that you love anything.
Go.
That is comparing your god to an emotion.

It's a false comparison.

Love is demonstrable.

Your god isn't.

Besides... I never claimed the ability to prove that I love something.

Why are you asking me to?

Diversion... that's why.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645664 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
"While the men are dying on the battlefield, you can thank science for that."
I didn't blame war on science.
Later.
Right...

You "thanked" it.

GAWDDAMN, you're an idiot!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#645665 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, "lowly whites" is fine. I mean, when you want everyone to know how racist you are, call them "lowly whites".
ZIP IT, U!!! I remember your racist jokes, booze brain!!

Get back in the kitchen, when will u learn, eh, when??

Location hidden

#645666 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
John 6:53.
You have asked if the Bible supports cannabalism in any form and the answer, succinctly stated, is yes. The following enumeration covers virtually every relevant biblical comment and shows the key verses fall into two broad categories: those in which God or Jesus commands or condones cannabalistic activity and those which merely relate activities of this nature. One can justifiably accuse the Bible of advocating cannabalism in light of the former but not the latter. Merely relating instances of cannabalism, rape, incest, or other atrocious behavior doesn't mean such activities are being fostered or proposed. Among the former are such verses as:

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and
"I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and
"I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and
"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10).

In addition, there are statements by Jesus which some Christians have chosen to spiritualize, while other interpret them literally:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye shall have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:53-54) and
"as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood...." (Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, Mark 14:22-24, 1 Cor. 11:24-26) and
"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.... So he that eateth me, even he shall live by me" (John 6:56-57).

Then, of course, there are verses which merely relate or predict cannabalistic activity:

"So we boiled my son, and ate him. And on the next day I said to her,`Give your son, that we may eat him.' but she has hidden her son" (2 Kings 6:28-29 RSV) and
"The hands of compassionate women have boiled their own children; they became their food...." (Lam. 4:10 RSV) and
"What is to die, let it die; what is to be destroyed, let it be destroyed; and those that are left devour the flesh of one another" (Zech. 11:9 RSV) and
"They snatch of the right, but are still hungry, and they devour on the left, but are not satisfied; each devours his neighbor's flesh" (Isa. 9:20 RSV) and
"you shall eat the offspring of your own body, the flesh of your sons and daughters.... The man who is the most tender and delicately bred among you will grudge food to his brother, to the wife of his bosom,...so that he will not give to any of them any of the flesh of his children whom he is eating.... The most tender and delicately bred woman among you...will grudge to the husband of her bosom...her children whom she bears, because she will eat them secretly,..." (Deut. 28:53-57 RSV).

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#645667 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because science is never right?
It's never perfectly right.

Location hidden

#645668 Jul 27, 2013
Wasn't Jeffery Dahmer a practicing Christian?

Some stable somewhere

#645669 Jul 27, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go!
Science > Provides basic to advanced models of reality.
Religion > Buries them in bullsh!t.
Religion produces relatively complex metaphors about existence that believers then use to communicate their ideas and understandings between them. I think the contradictions are necessary so that they can be used to elicit wildly different meanings for different people. Thus, a person may use metaphorical passages to discuss their personal views, can relate these ideas to another believer in such a way that the believer can understand, all without requiring a specific grasp of English (or whatever language) and education.

Location hidden

#645670 Jul 27, 2013
I was just watching the news. A local church has burnt to the ground this morning. But no worry, there is a happy ending to this story, the pastors house burnt to the ground as well.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645671 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hilarious. They don't even know if it exists but the "know"..... "will almost certainly be made up mostly of hydrogen and helium and will probably have an atmosphere much like Jupiter's"
HA HA HA !!!!!
The planets beyond Jupiter that we know of do have atmospheres much like Jupiter's.

Why shouldn't it be speculated, if another is found, that it will too?

The statement you quoted was qualified with the word "almost".

But, you don't care.

Some stable somewhere

#645673 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever looked in to anything that he writes or are you just liking him because you're both atheist?
I read what he writes, laugh, and agree.

:)

Location hidden

#645674 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't blame war on science.
God takes credit for war:

Ex. 15:3 ("The Lord is a man of war")

Some stable somewhere

#645675 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Shiiiiit.........
You should see me dance.
:p
I'd like to, provided it's not to country music.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645676 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull f_cking shit!
The science books at my high school taught us about the NINE planets in the solar system.
It was taught as an irrefutable truth, not a possibility.
Why do you believe Pluto even exists?

Some stable somewhere

#645677 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No. Damn your ADHD.John 6:53. Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.You contended that that verse means Christians are cannibals.Do you still make that claim?
<quoted text>
No. John 6:53. You made the claim. I refuted you. Now you ignore it.
You're my newest Topix atheist bitch.
Yeah. Christianity is a ritualistic cannibalistic religion. That's what the Catholics and Anglicans, Lutherans, whoever, do when they partake in the Eucharist.

Some stable somewhere

#645678 Jul 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
"While the men are dying on the battlefield, you can thank science for that."
I didn't blame war on science.
Later.
Kurt Vonnegut wrote many books on that subject. Perhaps the most poignant is "Cat's Cradle."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat 's_Cradle

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#645679 Jul 27, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
The Bible says what the Bible says.
It's a lie.
Well....

With THAT kind of argument.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min here 55,903
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min bad bob 182,934
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Rosa_Winkel 106,062
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min RiccardoFire 44,927
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 430
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,305
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 1 hr andet1987 18
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr RoSesz 650,010
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 21 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web