Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
total moral failure
must be a christian
That is one way to identify a Christian. Dishonesty is another.

Here is more evidence to prove to normal people that the Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted:

The Bible is replete with statements to the effect that God is a Unity; he is one: there is none like him. The following are a few that could be mentioned:

"...the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him" (Deut. 4:35);
"...for there is none like thee, neither is there any god beside thee" (2 Sam. 7:22);
"I am God and there is none like me" (Isa. 46:9).

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I guess that means the following is not a contradiction:
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
I know you would like me to stop posting biblical errors, contradictions and fallacies, and I probably would if you would grow up and act like an adult and stop pretending you know what this imaginary God of your wants of humanity.
Not that this is important, but I have my own online copies of Biblical Errancy and I promised Dennis before his death that I would continue to expose the biggest hoax ever sold: the Bible.
All the Atheists seem to think I am doing a great job exposing your lies, deceptions and dishonesty. I know your fellow pew warmers don't like it and like you grasp for any straw to try to discredit me. You make up all kinds of things that only prove you can deal with the real problems which are the contradictions and other errors found on every single page of the Bible.
You have nothing else going for you except pretending you know something the rest of us don't know. And with each and every post I prove that what you know is wrong and divorced from reality.
I understand you are upset and I will make this promise to you; when you and the other pew warmers stop lying I'll stop posting the truth.
PS. Thanks for plugging the Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy, I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know about the errors in the Bible. It is an excellent resource for fighting your stupidity and ignorance.
McKinsey's dead. All his crap has been disputed, try to catch up. I notice when you ask a question and then a person explains the answer, you move on to the next McKinsey point. YOu are nothing but an atheist troll.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
My first SNCO was from the outer isles and spoke The Gaelic, never even heard English until he was 9. He was difficult to understand, the words all merged.
Once you get up to Kingussie or Aviemore the signs go bilingual, although I have to say more Welsh is spoken in Wales than Gaelic in Scotland.
Road signs in Ireland are also bilingual.
But we natives are usually more polite than the Scots.

Here, this means "Yield".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Geill_sli.j...

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I am an avid United supporter. I have not once seen an interview in which I understood all of Fergie's words. I wonder how the players understood him?
He can point and scream.

Close enough.

Laffin.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you speak for your god
of course
Interesting. RR does want us to accept that he magically knows the thoughts of God. Since he can't ask this God for help in proving that this alleged God actually exists it just becomes another dog and pony show. RR has no credibility.

And here is another example that the Bible has no credibility either:

Besides numerous statements asserting the unity, the indivisibility of God, the Bible also provides additional information in opposition to the Trinity.

First, Gen. 6:3 states God would never become flesh. Jews interpret the verse as saying, "My spirit shall never more abide in man, since he too is flesh." But, if Jesus was God and man simultaneously, then divinity would have rested in a man, i.e., flesh.

Second, 2 Chron. 6:18 and 1 Kings 8:27 state God (i.e. Jesus) would never dwell on earth.

Third, although called God by others, Jesus never directly said he was God. According to one Christian denomination called a cult, Satan, too, was called God (2 Cor. 4:4).

Fourth, if the Holy Ghost was a person, as Trinitarians allege, then how could he have filled 120 people simultaneously (acts 2)?

Fifth, how could the Son, who is God eternal, be equal in age to the Father who is God Eternal? By definition, a son must be younger than the father; in which case they can't be equal.

Sixth, how could Jesus be God, i.e. eternal, when several verses show he was created at a particular point in time: Rev. 3:14, Prov. 8:22-23 RSV, Col. 1:15 RSV.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's self correcting. Science is a field to understand everything around us. And everything around us, always stays the same. It is only our perception that differs and since we always have a standard, that perception can be challenged.
The Bible is a hogdepodge of philosophy, history and science of widely varying accuracy. History is often a set of lies agreed upon. Philosophy is inexact and widely varying from culture to culture, and back then the fields of science, magic and myth were all fused together.
So the Bible is doomed to fail, like all other philosophies be they religious or otherwise.
Yes.

The end of learning is the start of utter failure.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're undoubtedly the LOUDEST in the room. As I said in my previous post, you obviously lack the capacity to differentiate between Christian mythology and reality. Not surprisingly, you lack the objectivity to study the myths plagiarized by the terrestrial founders of Christianity in assembling the damn bible. You need professional de-conversion assistance, kid.
http://www.truthbeknown.com/origins.htm
Despite all of this literature continuously being cranked out and the significance of the issue, in the public at large there remains a serious lack of formal and broad education regarding religion and mythology, and most individuals are highly uninformed in this area. Concerning the issue of Christianity, for example, the majority of people are taught in most schools and churches that Jesus Christ was an actual historical figure and that the only controversy regarding him is that some people accept him as the Son of God and the Messiah, while others do not. However, whereas this is the raging debate most evident in this field today, it is not the most important. Shocking as it may seem to the general populace, the most enduring and profound controversy in this subject is whether or not a person named Jesus Christ ever really existed.
Although this debate may not be evident from publications readily found in popular bookstores, when one examines this issue closely, one will find a tremendous volume of literature that demonstrates, logically and intelligently, time and again that Jesus Christ is a mythological character along the same lines as the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Sumerian, Phoenician, Indian or other godmen, who are all presently accepted as myths rather than historical figures. Delving deeply into this large body of work, one uncovers evidence that the Jesus character is based upon much older myths and heroes from around the globe. One discovers that this story is not, therefore, a historical representation of a Jewish rebel carpenter who had physical incarnation in the Levant 2,000 years ago. In other words, it has been demonstrated continually for centuries that this character, Jesus Christ, was invented and did not depict a real person who was either the "son of God" or was "evemeristically" made into a superhuman by enthusiastic followers.
You sure nailed his hide to the wall, LOL. Good post.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't speak for others, but I'm wasting time here cuz I've got an hour to kill and not much else to do. What keeps you coming back when all you receive is ridicule and scorn? I wonder if you believe when you face your "judgement" that your proselytizing on Topix is going to assure you a place in heaven? See lord, look at all the good work I've done in your name. For your sake I hope so. You'll need something to distract him from figuring out what a douchebag you really are...
it's really very simple; you're here (albeit maybe in ignorance) representing the kingdom of darkness and i'm here representing the Kingdom of God. we're both passionate and patriotic about our heritage and homeland.

does this make me a douchebag in your eyes?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> All of this ranting is just baseless claims that you fail to provide any evidence.
OK snack shack, Next?
This discussion thread exists to provide you with a platform to prove your Biblegod exists. In over half a million posts all of you pew warmers have failed to offer even the slightest bit of proof for God existence. No proof = no god.

My main objective is to show normal people that the Bible is unreliable and not trustworthy and I do that by quoting the Bible.

For example:

Why do biblicists cling so stubbornly to a belief that is so irrational as to all but destroy their intellectual credibility? Why do they insist that Jesus is both fully man in every sense of the word and fully God in every sense of the word? Why? Because the alternative is even worse. They are trapped between a wall and a cliff: Jesus must be God and man simultaneously. To begin with the Bible repeatedly says that only God can be mankind's savior: "I, even I, am the Lord; and besides me there is no savior" (Isa. 43:11).(Also Hosea 3:4, Psalm 3:8, and Isa. 43:3).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn challenge it. I told you science does not learn, as you have claimed. Science is a field, or a category of many fields of study.
Blah blah blah, no normal person accepts you as an authority on Science.

On several occasions Jesus equated himself with God, although he never directly said he was God:

(a) "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30);
(b) "...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 17:22);
(c) "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God" (John 1"1).(See also: John 10:38, 14:9-11, 17:11, 21-23, Col. 2:9)

Yet, a far larger number of statements clearly shows Jesus did not equate himself with God, in which case he couldn't be mankind's savior:

(a) "Why callest me good? There is none good but one, that is God" Matt. 19:17);
(b) "for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28);
(c) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me" (John 7:16);
(d) "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46);
(e) "Who has gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God" (1 Peter 3:22); (See also: Mark 13:32, 1 cor. 11:3, John 5:19, 20:17, Matt. 26:39 and many others).

Biblical supporters use the escape mechanism rather freely by alleging the former comments were made by Jesus-the-God; while the latter were made by Jesus-the-man. So, depending on the dictates of expediency, the inconsistent comments by Jesus can be reconciled. Without the Trinity, Jesus would appear to be a hopelessly confused young man, more sick than savior.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have already lost. The only thing that keeps you going is you are under the law of "often repeated acts."
Give it up and join the real world.
"(God) executes justice for the oppressed (and) gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free. The Lord opens the eyes of the blind, the Lord raises up those who are bowed down; The Lord loves the righteous; The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow, But he thwarts the way of the wicked" (Psalm 146:7-9) and "He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds" (Psalm 147:3) and "The Lord lifts up the downtrodden, he casts the wicked to the ground" (Psalm 147:6) and "O Lord, who is like thee, thou who deliverest the weak from him who is too strong for him, the weak and needy from him who despoils him?" (Psalm 35:10) and "call upon me (God) in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee..." (Psalm 50:15).
The number of oppressed, starving, blind, crippled, and fatherless people who could testify to the inaccuracy of these comments is almost limitless. Millions of sufferers have never experienced relief.
"....you are under the law of "often repeated acts."

you may get the self-righteous and religious with this satanic accusation, BUT Jesus defeated sin on the cross and humiliated his enemies openly over 2,000 years ago and therefore we're no longer under the law of sin and death, but now we're under the law of love and liberty in Christ Jesus!!!

get with the program cuz you're stinking up the place!

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's really very simple; you're here (albeit maybe in ignorance) representing the kingdom of darkness and i'm here representing the Kingdom of God. we're both passionate and patriotic about our heritage and homeland.
does this make me a douchebag in your eyes?
ROFL.

No. Just makes you stupid.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>McKinsey's dead. All his crap has been disputed, try to catch up. I notice when you ask a question and then a person explains the answer, you move on to the next McKinsey point. YOu are nothing but an atheist troll.
Did you mean "Kinsey"?

Al Kinsey?

Oh, STFU.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>He has a lot of anger deep inside, he should have his own reality tv show, would love to see that family reunion with him ranting about his hate.
And you think that proves there is a God?

No proof = no god.

How could Jesus-the-man be sinless, since all men have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23)? If Jesus is sinless, as many verses show (1 Peter 2:22, 1 John 3:3, 5, 7, 2 Cor. 5:12, Heb. 4:15, 7:26), then he wasn't human, for all have sinned; he was only God. And if he was only God, how could he say, "My Father is greater than I"? On the other hand, if these "sinless" verses only refer to Jesus-the-God, while Jesus-the-man did sin, then he needs salvation as much as anyone. Who died on the Cross to save him? And lastly, having an innocent individual suffer punishment on a cross in order to atone for acts of mankind makes no more sense than having all mankind suffer for the acts of one man--Adam

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's self correcting. Science is a field to understand everything around us. And everything around us, always stays the same. It is only our perception that differs and since we always have a standard, that perception can be challenged.
The Bible is a hogdepodge of philosophy, history and science of widely varying accuracy. History is often a set of lies agreed upon. Philosophy is inexact and widely varying from culture to culture, and back then the fields of science, magic and myth were all fused together.
So the Bible is doomed to fail, like all other philosophies be they religious or otherwise.
Just so.

Tht's why science works and prayer doesn't.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just making a comment about your obsessive attitude. There's a whole other life out there dude, aside from just raving and ranting against Christians, to make your day worth living.
Exposing the dog and pony shows our resident biblicists congratulate each other for putting on each day makes my day worth living. I really love quoting the Bible and proving that Christians know nothing about their religion. Once a Christian learns about his religion he ceases to be a Christian. Task accomplished.

Here is another example that Christianity is a hoax:

Luke 6:37 says, "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and you shall not be condemned," while John 7:24 says, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgement." Are we or are we not to judge?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Still eating the decomposed butt of Stalin I see.
Necrophile.
All Christians are necrophiliacs:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye shall have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:53-54) and
"as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood...." (Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, Mark 14:22-24, 1 Cor. 11:24-26) and
"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.... So he that eateth me, even he shall live by me" (John 6:56-57).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
"Science" is not a person
Neither is RR, RR is an abomination.

GOD: "And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and

GOD: "I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and

GOD: "I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and

GOD: "Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10).

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are missing the point that there is a constant redefinition of things in science, there fore what in the past was wrong, what is in the present is wrong, and what will be for a considerable time in the future will be wrong. You can call it moving goalposts, apologetics, or whatever. This points to a fatal flaw in some initial definitions and assumptions.
The real issue is the hijacking of science by Topix atheists to support some emotional and mental issues they possess. They fail to see how science is a procedure, and now where near a religion, and almost constantly wrong in the final analysis.
The fact is science has flourished under Christianity. If you want to get into modern comparisons then match the advancements in the Western world versus the advancements in the Soviet Union or China. They may do fine in technology, but how do they stack up with your ideas of scientific insight and advances in thinking? There was/is about zero theological influence in those societies upon scientific endeavors.
Prove religion stifles science.
Ya! What Dave said...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was true you wouldn't have so many sects and individual beliefs.
You have more freedom of thought in the religious arena than academic science.
Do you walk backwards too?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

554 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min EdmondWA 93,708
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Chess 532,734
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min number four 224,168
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min The Awakener 172,368
Last Word + 2 36 min Richies Cool Man Diary 70
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 49 min WasteWater 19
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr sonu 400
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 115,080
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,491
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••