|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if the Word of God i
The word of god is a collection of ancient Jewish Puppet plays.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>What you you suppose the odds are for rolling doubles on dice 14 times in a row?
I've seen it, and more than once. Psychedelics can cause telekinesis , of that I am sure. I do not care if you think so or not.

What are the odds of rolling doubles 14 times in a row?

http://www.bkgm.com/rgb/rgb.cgi...

I have seen it more than once.
Loaded dice.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS GOD
)
No proof = no god.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you lie because if it were proper english spelling you were trying to attain you would have spelled it as "Bible God"with a space in between. Instead you spelled it as "BibleGod"
That is not a correct or proper word. Go ahead, read your post again.
You are a POE. And I don't give a damn if you respect me or not. Why?'Cause your a Poe, that's why.
How could Jesus, whom the New Testament repeatedly refers to as the
son of man, be our savior when this is clearly forestalled by Psalm
146:3 ("Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom
there is no help") and Job 25:6 ("How much less man, that is a worm? and
the son of man, which is a worm")?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the bennifit of the doubt to see if you was educated and rational enough, to openly debate your issues with scripture, but as expected you are not..
You are not even capable of refuting your own ignorance of the scripture you post.
So carry on with your feeble crucade of whatever it is you are trying to do...
Im sure someone may notice you, thats of the same frame of mind....
How can Jesus be God when he repeatedly said he was not God's equal,
wasn't God? Obvious examples are: John 14:28 (...for my Father is
greater than I), John 20:17 ("I ascend unto my Father, and your Father,
and to my God, and your God"), and John 7:16 ("My doctrine is not mine
but his that sent me").

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BIBLICAL JESUS IS AN AMALGAMATED MYTH NOT AN HISTORICAL FIGURE.
You're a blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted Christian redneck godbot not a human being.
In John 3:13 Jesus said,("And no man hath ascend up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man...) Jesus erred because 2 Kings 2:11 (... and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven") shows Elijah went up earlier.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Loaded dice.

Nope not loaded dice , regular dice and LSD.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I think I need a short break from reading RR's posts, lest I become intemperate.
I think that he's smart enough to be learning a bit about science, and that this is causing doubts.
I also think that this is causing feelings of fear and maybe guilt, which is why he sometimes lashes out in the old indoctrinated way.
I could be wrong, of course. I've been bitten thus before - but hope springs eternal.
Doubt's what it's all about!

One of the first comments/replies RR ever made to me was to inform me that "I like to argue"... as if one's predilection toward argument is some kind of character flaw.

Maybe it is...

If it is, RR needs to take a looooong look at his own purpose for being here at Topix.

Hukt thinks you're right about RR...

Hukt also thinks, when it comes to argument, RR either needs to quit... or learn how to do it right.

---

Should we recommend another book?...

Neil Tyson's - "The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet".

Might do some good... in a "straight from the horse's mouth" sort of way.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The hinge would fascinate them.
"Click"

"Click"

"Click"

"Click-click"

"Click-Click-Click-Click- Click-Click-Click-Click-Click- Click-Click-Click-Click-Click- Click-Click-Click-Click-Click- Click..........

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Not really , because I said doubles not a specific set.
Which would be much harder.
Ah! Gotchya.

We understand each other.

Now.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better if you want to put your faith in the Bible if you can't even count let alone add and subtract, LOL. It is becoming more difficult for the biblicists to lie about the Bible when the verses in question are here in front of all of us to read.
In many instances punishment of the wicked is directly linked to justice for the righteous: "The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked" (Prov. 10:3 RSV) and "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land" (Prov. 10:30 NIV) and "He who is steadfast in righteous will live, but he who pursues evil will die" (Prov. 11:19 RSV) and "If the righteous is required on earth, how much more the wicked and sinner!" (Prov. 11:31 RSV) and "O fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have not want! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing" (Psalm 34:9-10 RSV) and "Trust in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it" (Psalm 37:3-5 NASB). Again, one need only observe life to see that precisely the opposite is often the case. The righteous starve, are uprooted, die early, receive no relief on earth, and are plagued with ills; while the wicked often satisfy their cravings, live long, receive little punishment, and have fewer troubles than most. The Bible, itself, provides a good example. "And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an unright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?...So went Satan forthi from the presence of the Lord and smote Job with more boils from the the side of his foot unto his crown" (Job 2:37). No ill befalls the righteous and they are requited on earth? Job would probably consider this rather humorous.
Great job copy and pasting from Dennis McKinsey's Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy....Maybe he be some great plant food today! Much of the content of EBE consists of "argument by outrage."
Repeatedly in EBE, McKinsey offers answers with the qualification that "most scholars say" what he claims, but he seldom if ever names any scholars. The few times that McKinsey does name sources, they are from sources no more qualified in Biblical interpretation than he is - Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, George Bernard Shaw, Gerald Sigal, Shmuel Golding, Joseph McCabe, etc.

On the other side, his Christian sources are mostly "anti-contradiction" pieces by the authors like of McDowell and Henry Morris, but even these he barely uses, only quoting points that he agrees with and seldom responding to their arguments.(For example, he quotes the introductory material in John Wenham's Easter Enigma in regards to the difficulties of harmonizing the resurrection narratives, but does not even deal with the harmonizing data that Wenham offers - much of which answers objections that McKinsey brings up.)
The EBE bibliography is nothing short of inadequate: One would expect a book with 548 pages that claims "encyclopedic" treatment of an issue to have more than just 3 pages of source listings.

Rev is 1 Liar believing another dead liar.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

On the Crucifixion: Citing Mark 8:34, the famous "take up your cross and follow me" passage, McKinsey asks: "The obvious question is, what cross? There is no cross to take up. jesus had not yet died on the cross...So any reference to the cross before the Crucifixion would have made no sense to anyone unless they knew the future."

We do assert that Jesus did know the future, but as for those he spoke to - does McKinsey realize how common crucifixion was in the ancient Roman world? Even without knowing the future, it would have been quite clear to anyone hearing these words at the time that Jesus was indicating, "If you follow Me, be prepared to do so, unto death."

McKinsey's notion that "take up your cross" could "mean any one of a large number of things" [48] is without basis. We have a very obvious and direct sociological context for Jesus' comment; every person listening would have known exactly what Jesus meant when he said this.

In the 80th issue of the BE newsletter, a writer pointed this out to McKinsey, who then claimed then that Jesus "was referring to a specific cross, not crosses in general, and that was the cross on which he was going to be killed. But that cross couldn't possibly be a symbol until after he died on it. There was no Christian cross when he spoke to this man; the cross was not a Christian symbol until after the crucifixion. Consequently, for Jesus to tell a man to pick up a symbol which did not yet exist is absurd. The man would have had no idea what Jesus meant unless he knew the future."

There is not a single thing in the context of the verse that requires that Jesus be referring to the cross as a "Christian symbol" -- and I find it rather ironic here that McKinsey fails to note what Dan Barker already has, that the cross was not a Christian symbol until quite some time after the NT was composed.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Jesus be God when he repeatedly said he was not God's equal,
wasn't God? Obvious examples are: John 14:28 (...for my Father is
greater than I), John 20:17 ("I ascend unto my Father, and your Father,
and to my God, and your God"), and John 7:16 ("My doctrine is not mine
but his that sent me").
LOL...sorry but you act like you are some kind of Bible expert then you ask the most simple stupefied questions.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Okee dokee, nano.
Hukt's advice:
In the future, when you want a poster to leave you alone...
... don't start a thread about them.
hahaha! Hukt, I think you must be a fine parent.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you and i were both tranny's, could we be attracted to each other? the twisted world of flesh/sex worship gets very confusing.....
uh...I haven't got a clue. I didn't interview too many trannies. I live on a train line in Tokyo where there's a whole bunch, but I've never spoken to them. I don't know if they like each other or "normal" men or what. I even met a couple of cross-dressers once - that was strange, to be honest. This guy, in a dress, not hiding his masculine face, telling me he liked women...

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Except if you are Catholic - they think they have the same story from the beginning - as it was decided upon by men.
Their thinking it hasn't been reinterpreted doesn't make it so. If it were not reinterpreted, they'd still be supporting torture and the burning of women.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the first comments/replies RR ever made to me was to inform me that "I like to argue"... as if one's predilection toward argument is some kind of character flaw.
Maybe it is...
If it is, RR needs to take a looooong look at his own purpose for being here at Topix.
Hukt also thinks, when it comes to argument, RR either needs to quit... or learn how to do it right.
---
Neil Tyson's - "The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet".
One still retains hope. While striving for calm.

And I've read "Pluto Files". Gotta love NdGT. There's a "Nova" episode, too, but I've not seen it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is...
---
Found it. PBS.

Watching now.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1425502261/

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
did you see what myth lover wrote about other fellow human beings:
"Placing completely brainwashed Christian fundies like you in straitjackets to prevent the spreading of their "evil" dogma and confining them to mental institutions for the rest of their absolutely worthless lives would be beneficial to society."
i'll never respect another word you say until you address this as a fellow human, not to mention an anthropologist as you've suggested.....
Wow. I cannot agree with that statement. We just don't have enough straightjackets - I don't know what he's thinking. Maybe he owns a straightjakcet company?

(teasing!) It's clearly a ridiculous, thoughtless comment. I know ... a few Christians (sorry, Japan) and they are kind, caring people. Let me describe them: they're both Japanese and so grew up in Buddhist/Shinto culture, and are professional musicians - both flutists. One became a Christian when she studied in Germany, I believe. She speaks German as well as I speak English, that's what happens when you do all your schooling in a crazy foreign country with a devil tongue! Oh...sorry...ranting.

Anyways, Christianity has helped her understand music better, since a lot of it, especially Bach, was written for the Church. I don't know all the details because she is a private person and considers me "allergic" to Christianity. Not entirely untrue...

Oh! Forgot to tell you, my brother is Christian - and he credits his beliefs (his realities, actually) for saving him from a life of crime. He was heavily into b&e's and drugs, but finding Jesus took him out of that lift. When I shared a heart to heart with him, I realized how powerful spiritual belief can be - don't believe in the objective reality of it for a second - and had to wonder at it. More over, I'm not sure atheism can offer that.

So there, you go. Comment addressed. I quite clearly don't agree that Christians should be in straight jackets, unless they're harming themselves or others, or using the jacket for sexual purposes.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>For a while there nano was convinced I was you, and that "we" were running several other socks. I don't know why, it's pretty clear that we aren't the same person just based on your anthropological/evolutionary knowledge. But yeah... quite paranoid she is.
That's right, me, keep telling myself that. But when I use the mirror, I know who you are!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 612,401 - 612,420 of716,748
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

369 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min ocxz 114,648
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Hidingfromyou 530,166
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min Aura Mytha 598,774
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 1 hr andet1987 168
Why America is a beautiful nation 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Hijacked jumbo jets in exchange for the sins of... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr maro 457
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••