“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#645118 Jul 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, past 11 at the time you wrote this.
Double Fie has two more hours of work, then he is off for the weekend!
Getting hair cut. Working on that Tina Turner wig
I cut my own dratted hair. Four times a year, take the buzzer to it.

Only sensible course in this climate.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#645120 Jul 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>English is my second also. I grew up in Irish Gaelic, which may be even rarer than Afrikaans.
Laffin.
And Dave is, at best, a hack. He read an article or saw a TV show about magnets once.
Gaelic is rare. Afrikaans have maybe 2-3 million first language speakers. The amount of people that understand it, maybe double or triple that. Of course, you know "bantu" education during Apartheid years, well, they forced everybody to take Afrikaans as either second or third language. This has filtered through to other generations - I am sure that True Truth most likely does not even see an Afrikaans person during his working day, yet I would bet my new set of wheels that he is able to keep a decent conversation in it - say hi, goodbye, ask directions or for a product from a grocer.

Also, it is a good language to swear in

Since: May 11

UK

#645121 Jul 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>English is my second also. I grew up in Irish Gaelic, which may be even rarer than Afrikaans.
Laffin.
And Dave is, at best, a hack. He read an article or saw a TV show about magnets once.
My first SNCO was from the outer isles and spoke The Gaelic, never even heard English until he was 9. He was difficult to understand, the words all merged.

Once you get up to Kingussie or Aviemore the signs go bilingual, although I have to say more Welsh is spoken in Wales than Gaelic in Scotland.

#645122 Jul 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I cut my own dratted hair. Four times a year, take the buzzer to it.
Only sensible course in this climate.
Double Fine goes wet look, kind of like putting one's finger in a socket. Then, when the hair gets too long, Double Fine goes for the Brad Pitt look - and pulls it off

#645123 Jul 26, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
My first SNCO was from the outer isles and spoke The Gaelic, never even heard English until he was 9. He was difficult to understand, the words all merged.
Once you get up to Kingussie or Aviemore the signs go bilingual, although I have to say more Welsh is spoken in Wales than Gaelic in Scotland.
You know, I am an avid United supporter. I have not once seen an interview in which I understood all of Fergie's words. I wonder how the players understood him?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#645124 Jul 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just harnessing and optimizing teamwork, and using machines to aid. Ultimately there is no life given to science. It is people and their invented machines doing the work.
Of course it is not alive, but it is like a collection of minds. Since it is like collective, it also does have a life of it's own.
There is a difference between team work and a collective effort.
The collective allows you to form a team easily.

Here is another that calls itself artificial life, so I beg to differ in opinion whether it gives a life to science or not.(Of course it still isn't breathing itself) But through the collective it has a life of it's own.
I think of it like this, Percival, Gawain, Lancelot
were individuals, but together represented the round table.
The round table in this way takes a life of it's own by being a collective effort.

http://people.reed.edu/~mab/publications/pape...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#645129 Jul 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Great job copy and pasting from Dennis McKinsey's Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy..
Oh, I guess that means the following is not a contradiction:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

I know you would like me to stop posting biblical errors, contradictions and fallacies, and I probably would if you would grow up and act like an adult and stop pretending you know what this imaginary God of your wants of humanity.

Not that this is important, but I have my own online copies of Biblical Errancy and I promised Dennis before his death that I would continue to expose the biggest hoax ever sold: the Bible.

All the Atheists seem to think I am doing a great job exposing your lies, deceptions and dishonesty. I know your fellow pew warmers don't like it and like you grasp for any straw to try to discredit me. You make up all kinds of things that only prove you can deal with the real problems which are the contradictions and other errors found on every single page of the Bible.

You have nothing else going for you except pretending you know something the rest of us don't know. And with each and every post I prove that what you know is wrong and divorced from reality.

I understand you are upset and I will make this promise to you; when you and the other pew warmers stop lying I'll stop posting the truth.

PS. Thanks for plugging the Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy, I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know about the errors in the Bible. It is an excellent resource for fighting your stupidity and ignorance.

Location hidden

#645130 Jul 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not. Because science is not dogma. It is subject to scrutiny and investigation. Religion is not. It is dogma from the start and does not allow for critical thinking
If that was true you wouldn't have so many sects and individual beliefs.

You have more freedom of thought in the religious arena than academic science.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645131 Jul 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...sorry but you act like you are some kind of Bible expert then you ask the most simple stupefied questions.
I must be doing a very good job for you to get so mean so quickly, usually it takes over two weeks for a pew warmers to become as revengeful, hateful and obsessed with attacking me as you have become.

Thanks, I'll continue to post more Biblical Errancy and prove you are a con-artist wishing to deceive gullible people.

Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

The Biblegod who doesn't repent repented. All you Christians have is smoke and mirrors to deceive people into believing you know something the rest of us do not. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to expose your dog and pony show for the con that it is.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645132 Jul 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, even if the phrase “Son of Man” is a reference to Jesus' humanity, it is not a denial of His deity. By becoming a man, Jesus did not cease being God.[the rest of the blah blah blah snipped]
How could Jesus, whom the New Testament repeatedly refers to as the
son of man, be our savior when this is clearly forestalled by Psalm
146:3 ("Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom
there is no help") and Job 25:6 ("How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm")?

What isn't clear about not putting your trust in the son of man who is Jesus because there is no help? Clearly the Bible teaches us that the son of man, Jesus, is a worm.

Now you can dance around that all you want, but normal people can read it and decide for themselves if I have quoted the verses accurately and if your dog and pony show explanation flies.

Why is God so stupid that he can't be clear so that we do not need you to tell us what God really meant? If your God is that stupid how can we trust him about the afterlife?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645133 Jul 26, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Christianity is a derivative religious cult heavily borrowed from the Egyptians and the biblical Jesus is nothing more than an amalgamated myth heavily plagiarized from Osiris and Horus.
You clearly have no capacity to differentiate between Christian mythology and reality. You're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately, kid.
I agree completely. Christians just hate facts and truth. They falsely believe that they can explain Biblegod to us and we should say, oh OK now I understand the Bible is all pink and fuzzy warm.

The truth is the Bible can not be trusted any more than the apologists can. Here is another example of why we can not trust the Bible:

Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
(Also 1 John 1:8 & 10, Rom. 3:12, 5:12, Gal. 3:22)

Versus

Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: andhe had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645134 Jul 26, 2013
EXPERT DECEIVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Can always count on the FOOL to shout loudest, but watch what happens when they are challenged...
Notice the claim made but nothing to back it up. See this FOOL just regurgitates tales. This was a popular position in Germany in the early 1800's.
Now, let me set the floor.
Tell us what was plagiarized?
Now, the thing is I am very familiar Osiris and Horus and curious as to what you think you know...
OK, snack shack, let's dance!
That is just a personal attack. You have refuted nothing and you have explained nothing but most of all you have provided no proof that this God you allege actually exists.

You do know that you are showing the world what terrible dishonest people all your Christians are? Now that you can't tie us up to the stake and burn us alive any more we are fighting back and showing you as the morally bankrupt people that you are.

One of the most important concepts in Christianity is original sin or the belief that all mankind has inherited a sinful nature brought about by the acts of Adam and Eve.

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,..."
1Cor. 15:22 "For as in Adam all die,..."

Yet, no amount of theological reasoning can make an inherently unjust idea seem right. Punishing billions of people for the acts of one is not only inherently unfair and unwarranted but also in opposition to other Biblical verses such as:

Deut. 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers.

2 Chron.25:54, "...:every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

2 Kings 14:6, "wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Ezek. 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bearthe iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

Ezek.33:20 "O ye house of Israel,I will judge you every one after his ways."

Jer. 31:29-30 "In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."

Rom. 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds."

Ezek. 18:4 "... the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Each of these verses shows that every person should only be punished for those sins which he commits, not those of others.

“Listen to the sounds”

of your own extinction......

#645135 Jul 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is not alive, but it is like a collection of minds. Since it is like collective, it also does have a life of it's own.
There is a difference between team work and a collective effort.
The collective allows you to form a team easily.
Here is another that calls itself artificial life, so I beg to differ in opinion whether it gives a life to science or not.(Of course it still isn't breathing itself) But through the collective it has a life of it's own.
I think of it like this, Percival, Gawain, Lancelot
were individuals, but together represented the round table.
The round table in this way takes a life of it's own by being a collective effort.
http://people.reed.edu/~mab/publications/pape...
That is merely a philosophical way of looking at it, and it all sounds rosy when there is good work being done, but the folly is easily seen when we have people disgracing the field. For example, the Piltdown man hoax. It was a hoax created by one man who wanted to be rich and famous in his life. Are we now to give science a persona and say "science lied to us!"? It's ridiculous. Science didn't lie. One man lied.

As it is we have RR ranting about how "Science" is telling us one thing, and now telling us something else, as if it is some voice.

“Listen to the sounds”

#645136 Jul 26, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you're fantasizing about the dead bodies after you strap on a bomb and kill innocent people. This Muslim terrorist wannabe is a walking time-bomb!
You are most certainly a fan of Bollywood soapies.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645137 Jul 26, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Simple man..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sHQ_aTjXObsXX
Pew warmers, eh.. You alan POE, are a pew jumper, who speaks/writes in an unknown tongue.... Amen!!
Attack me all you want. It PROVES that you can not find solutions to the Bibles endless supply of errors and contradictions.

For example, if I claimed that the Bible said "there is no God" instead of attacking me the messenger you would correctly state that that was taken out of context and you would put it back into context to prove your case simply by quoting the entire verse:

Psalm 14:1, The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

And you would prove me wrong. But you can't prove me wrong so instead you attack me because you do not like the Bible verses I post together which prove the Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted.

Why here is more proof: Many verses show God either does not know something or is seeking to obtain information. That is the clear import of Psalm 14:2 ("The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God"). Why would he look down to see if he already knew? Ezek. 20:3 says, "Thus saith the Lord God; Are ye come to inquire of me? As I live, saith the Lord God, I will not be inquired of by you." Again we see God seeking information. In Num. 22:9 ("And God came unto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee?") we again find God seeking information. In Hosea 8:4 ("They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not... ") and Gen. 18:21 ("I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know") God directly states he lacks some information and, unless he is lying, the conclusion is clear. When he says He does not know something, that should settle the matter and would have done so long ago had anyone else been involved. But because his followers can not conceive of him being deficient in any respect, they don't believe him. I, on the other hand, take him at his word. It's only reasonable that if he said it, he meant it. Biblicists are actually saying to God: You don't really mean that God, now do you Oh, yes he does. Don't they believe Scripture! They sure do when it fits their needs and complies with their predilections. One could also consult Gen. 3:9, Gen. 4:5-6, 4:9, 2 Chron. 32:31, and Amos 9:3 for additional confirmation of God's lack of omniscience. As is so often true, once biblicists have a concept embedded in their psyche, God himself can't change their minds.

“Listen to the sounds”

#645138 Jul 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.
I'll acknowledge that I may have generalized "science", much as one might generalize "education" or "religion" or "knowledge".
I'll change the syntax if you'd like, but the point remains - the field of scientific knowledge is self-correcting and continually improving.
That of "Biblical knowledge" does not - or are you still slaughtering pigeons to cure disease?
Of course it's self correcting. Science is a field to understand everything around us. And everything around us, always stays the same. It is only our perception that differs and since we always have a standard, that perception can be challenged.

The Bible is a hogdepodge of philosophy, history and science of widely varying accuracy. History is often a set of lies agreed upon. Philosophy is inexact and widely varying from culture to culture, and back then the fields of science, magic and myth were all fused together.

So the Bible is doomed to fail, like all other philosophies be they religious or otherwise.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645139 Jul 26, 2013
How could Jesus, whom the New Testament repeatedly refers to as the
son of man, be our savior when this is clearly forestalled by Psalm
146:3 ("Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom there is no help") and Job 25:6 ("How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm")?
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Does that Psalm trouble you Rev? If you had half the knowledge that you claim to have you would know the literal meaning of the Psalm and its intent when David was referring to who to trust and who not to. Seriously, you can't be this Biblically illiterate. Either that or you're being disingenuous.Go on Rev. You know the meaning of son of man in the Hebrew terms and also the meaning of son of man in Aramaic from Jesus time. Don't twist a simple Biblical passage to suit your ends.
You are the only one twisting simple biblical passages to suit your ends. The Psalm do not trouble me at all, but obviously it troubles you a great deal, and for good reason. You know that when normal people read that Psalm that they are going to conclude that Jesus can't help them and that Jesus is a worm. It seems clear enough to me.

But you don't like what God is telling us about Jesus; that he can't help us and he is a worm. So what is left for you to do? Write lot of words, claim you explained something and lastly insult me and my motives.

What did God say in Hosea 8:4? God stated, "They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not..." God stated, "I knew it not"; he stated it directly. What more do you apologists want? At the end of Gen. 18:21 ("I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know") God directly states that he will then know, which means he did not know beforehand.

Frankly, I don't know what it would take to convince you biblicists that God can come up short in the knowledge field. You won't even accept God's own words, words that did not come from men or atheists, but straight from God's "divine word."

Clearly you do not believe God.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#645140 Jul 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaelic is rare. Afrikaans have maybe 2-3 million first language speakers. The amount of people that understand it, maybe double or triple that. Of course, you know "bantu" education during Apartheid years, well, they forced everybody to take Afrikaans as either second or third language. This has filtered through to other generations - I am sure that True Truth most likely does not even see an Afrikaans person during his working day, yet I would bet my new set of wheels that he is able to keep a decent conversation in it - say hi, goodbye, ask directions or for a product from a grocer.
Also, it is a good language to swear in
Gaelic is a wonderful language for lyricism, poetry, and song - but it does make "Good morning!' sound like a declasration of war.

Which it sometimes is.

And I remember stories from SA. Kids forced to wear a dunce cap and a sign: "I spoke Dutch today".

NEVER let them take your language!

Location hidden

#645141 Jul 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's self correcting. Science is a field to understand everything around us. And everything around us, always stays the same. It is only our perception that differs and since we always have a standard, that perception can be challenged.
The Bible is a hogdepodge of philosophy, history and science of widely varying accuracy. History is often a set of lies agreed upon. Philosophy is inexact and widely varying from culture to culture, and back then the fields of science, magic and myth were all fused together.
So the Bible is doomed to fail, like all other philosophies be they religious or otherwise.
The Bible is just a seed to make people think beyond the immediate physical world of action/reaction. Gives greater depth to life than just sitting in a bar, watching TV, or endeavoring to keep up with the latest fads. That and other religious works can give one broader horizons and capabilities of survival. It can even stir the minds of pseudo-intellectuals like Topix atheists, not that it will accomplish much.

Religion is a refinement of raw product. For what purpose we can only guess at. But it beats being just one of a herd going nowhere but the slaughterhouse.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#645142 Jul 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
total moral failure
must be a christian
That is one way to identify a Christian. Dishonesty is another.

Here is more evidence to prove to normal people that the Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted:

The Bible is replete with statements to the effect that God is a Unity; he is one: there is none like him. The following are a few that could be mentioned:

"...the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him" (Deut. 4:35);
"...for there is none like thee, neither is there any god beside thee" (2 Sam. 7:22);
"I am God and there is none like me" (Isa. 46:9).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Freebird USA 175,645
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 min Classic 1,900
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min cheer the f up 265,148
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Ratloder 119,659
Is A Race War Brewing? 28 min yon 52
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 43 min Just Think 16
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 51 min yon 4,773
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 559,508
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 1 hr Johnny 1,027
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,020