|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh.....another mistake in the Bible?
I guess one does not need adding and subtracting skills to believe the Bible is accurate.
It is better if you want to put your faith in the Bible if you can't even count let alone add and subtract, LOL. It is becoming more difficult for the biblicists to lie about the Bible when the verses in question are here in front of all of us to read.

In many instances punishment of the wicked is directly linked to justice for the righteous: "The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked" (Prov. 10:3 RSV) and "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land" (Prov. 10:30 NIV) and "He who is steadfast in righteous will live, but he who pursues evil will die" (Prov. 11:19 RSV) and "If the righteous is required on earth, how much more the wicked and sinner!" (Prov. 11:31 RSV) and "O fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have not want! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing" (Psalm 34:9-10 RSV) and "Trust in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it" (Psalm 37:3-5 NASB). Again, one need only observe life to see that precisely the opposite is often the case. The righteous starve, are uprooted, die early, receive no relief on earth, and are plagued with ills; while the wicked often satisfy their cravings, live long, receive little punishment, and have fewer troubles than most. The Bible, itself, provides a good example. "And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an unright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?...So went Satan forthi from the presence of the Lord and smote Job with more boils from the the side of his foot unto his crown" (Job 2:37). No ill befalls the righteous and they are requited on earth? Job would probably consider this rather humorous.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Loosh wrote:
I'm a newbie, and this topic is number one on my list, oh what the heck, I'll dive in nose first!
Three things I can't really think past when this topic is raised. 1 - how do animals know to camouflage themselves? The moth against the bark of a tree, that funny insect that sits alongside leaves that looks like leaves, stick insects, fish at the bottom of the ocean who hide in the sand or coral. I can understand evolution, I have succumbed to to the notion that nothing is made to stay the same, there are a kazillion types of ficus, so ficus to me is proof of this. 2 - Love; there is no necessity for this... Just not any, but it's there. 3 - we can't live alone, we need one another, those that are neglected are desperate for.... Well they are desperate for love. Many animals can't live without they flock or herd or shoal, and social networking is to me, proof that we need to stay connected, to those acquaintances we call "friends". We need community, we can't do isolation.
Is this proof of God. No, not if you are convinced there isn't one, but to me, my brain can't get past evolution has no intelligence to think up camo... So, like a shell curves like a rose and an eardrum and clown fish look like certain butterflies and violas, those similarities should not exist in just pure accidents, and then there's Pi! Perfection!
What is God?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Allegory! Metaphor! Context!
Apologetics is easy.
It certainly is. It is just as easy for the pew warmer as is dishonesty, deceptiveness and deceitfulness is for them.

"If they (kings) hear and serve Him, They shall end their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures, But if they do not hear, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge" (Job 36:11-12 NASB) and "A ruler who lacks understanding is a cruel oppressor, but he who hates unjust gain will prolong his days" (Prov. 28:16 RSV). There are far too many exceptions to these maxims to give them credence. Indeed, many of the best rulers have had the shortest, most tragic, lives.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are missing the point that there is a constant redefinition of things in science, there fore what in the past was wrong, what is in the present is wrong, and what will be for a considerable time in the future will be wrong. You can call it moving goalposts, apologetics, or whatever. This points to a fatal flaw in some initial definitions and assumptions.
No, Dave.

I'm not missing the point.

That's the point I'm making.

Science changes.
The real issue is the hijacking of science by Topix atheists to support some emotional and mental issues they possess. They fail to see how science is a procedure, and now where near a religion, and almost constantly wrong in the final analysis.
Am I getting emotional, Dave? Am I arguing that science is never wrong?
The fact is science has flourished under Christianity. If you want to get into modern comparisons then match the advancements in the Western world versus the advancements in the Soviet Union or China. They may do fine in technology, but how do they stack up with your ideas of scientific insight and advances in thinking? There was/is about zero theological influence in those societies upon scientific endeavors.
Prove religion stifles science.
"Prove religion stifles science."

Easy.

RR proves it.

He's the one wanting absolute, unchanging assertions about the world we live in.

Not me.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't make excuses, they inform you of what you need to know. They research more than just the Bible for coorborating historical evidence of various events in the Bible.
<quoted text>
I understand that's the nature of science. What bothers me is how some of y'all act like all science is fact - which is why it's taught as fact, even though it's not fact.
"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray...Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him anointing him with oil...and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up..." (James 5:13-15).

Why don't the Christian ever go to the amputee ward and pray over the afflicted?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Riveting.
Really.
"Blessed is he who considers the poor! The Lord delivers him in the day of trouble; the Lord protects him and keeps him alive.... The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness thou healest all his infirmities" (Psalm 41:1-3). This isn't any more accurate than that promised the righteous. It should be; but it isn't.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say that was a nice dodge.
If it was.
It wasn't.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact...
There are many other objects... if we persisted in classifying Pluto as a planet... that should also be classified as planets.
Earth's moon, for instance, for all intensive purposes of the discussion, is a small planet (a satellite planet)... it's larger than Pluto.
Give it up, Jethro.
Rather than continue making a fool of yourself...
Prove there's a god.
Oh, wait..
I think I need a short break from reading RR's posts, lest I become intemperate.

I think that he's smart enough to be learning a bit about science, and that this is causing doubts.

I also think that this is causing feelings of fear and maybe guilt, which is why he sometimes lashes out in the old indoctrinated way.

I could be wrong, of course. I've been bitten thus before - but hope springs eternal.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if the Word of God is nothing to be concerned about, why are you wasting your time here trying to refute it?;)
JESUS IS GOD!
now there's something to get them lil defunked demons angered......
There you are rattling your corn dog again ...hahahah

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What you you suppose the odds are for rolling doubles on dice 14 times in a row?
I've seen it, and more than once. Psychedelics can cause telekinesis , of that I am sure. I do not care if you think so or not.
What are the odds of rolling doubles 14 times in a row?
http://www.bkgm.com/rgb/rgb.cgi...
I have seen it more than once.
"What are the odds of rolling doubles 14 times in a row?"

The same as the odds for rolling any other desired sequence.

;P

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuel, O2, heat.
Those things were available 4,000 years ago.
The hinge would fascinate them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
"What are the odds of rolling doubles 14 times in a row?"
The same as the odds for rolling any other desired sequence.
;P
Not really , because I said doubles not a specific set.
Which would be much harder.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh, so close! You're half right. We are still discovering mistakes in translations in ancient languages.
"we"? How many ancient languages are you fluent in?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, this post tells me you're lying about being learned in Christian theology for 40 years.
A first year student knows a cubit is NOT a fixed measurement like a meter or foot. It's roughly the length of a mans forearm.
You've probably used cubits yourself. Ever try to measure a piece of furniture by spreading your arms out, saying its "this big"? If so, you've used cubits.
Undoubtedly, your length of cubit differs from mine.
I'm sure you already knew this.
How quickly you forget that we are talking about what is alleged to be God's perfect error free word. What a first year student knows is irrelevant, what God's alleged word says is what is relevant.

You once again are using smoke and mirrors to bolster up your dog and pony show. Pathetic. In a court of law you would be held in contempt.

JESUS: Luke 19:27-28, "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring thither, and slay them before me 28 And when he (Jesus) had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS GOD!
How could Jesus be our model of sinless perfection when he denies he
is morally perfect in Matt. 19:17 ("And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God")?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if the Word of God i
The word of god is a collection of ancient Jewish Puppet plays.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>What you you suppose the odds are for rolling doubles on dice 14 times in a row?
I've seen it, and more than once. Psychedelics can cause telekinesis , of that I am sure. I do not care if you think so or not.

What are the odds of rolling doubles 14 times in a row?

http://www.bkgm.com/rgb/rgb.cgi...

I have seen it more than once.
Loaded dice.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS GOD
)
No proof = no god.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you lie because if it were proper english spelling you were trying to attain you would have spelled it as "Bible God"with a space in between. Instead you spelled it as "BibleGod"
That is not a correct or proper word. Go ahead, read your post again.
You are a POE. And I don't give a damn if you respect me or not. Why?'Cause your a Poe, that's why.
How could Jesus, whom the New Testament repeatedly refers to as the
son of man, be our savior when this is clearly forestalled by Psalm
146:3 ("Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom
there is no help") and Job 25:6 ("How much less man, that is a worm? and
the son of man, which is a worm")?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the bennifit of the doubt to see if you was educated and rational enough, to openly debate your issues with scripture, but as expected you are not..
You are not even capable of refuting your own ignorance of the scripture you post.
So carry on with your feeble crucade of whatever it is you are trying to do...
Im sure someone may notice you, thats of the same frame of mind....
How can Jesus be God when he repeatedly said he was not God's equal,
wasn't God? Obvious examples are: John 14:28 (...for my Father is
greater than I), John 20:17 ("I ascend unto my Father, and your Father,
and to my God, and your God"), and John 7:16 ("My doctrine is not mine
but his that sent me").

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 612,381 - 612,400 of719,925
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

388 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 223,982
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 min seriously the original 5,206
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 19 min johan 44
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Pegasus 256,342
I Like Big Butts 36 min Sir Mixalot 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Chess 532,265
38pc of Americans doubt Barack Obama was born i... 39 min caesar- 13
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr shyam 4,447
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••