“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#645272 Jul 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the collective of science is not unlike a hive mind , it is alive by the people who practice it. It spans the language barrier and is the same here as it is there.
AKA: The speed of light in a vacuum is the same in America as it is in India, and changes in the paradigm is learned by everyone from here to there. So not identity specific to be personified, it differs from religion, because of the basic fundamentally universal methodical agreement. So the persona of science is Systematic Observational Empiricism.
It is slightly different "here" from "there". The U.S. always seems to come up with more advanced weapons than other countries. Is it just because of more money spent on that particular branch of research or do the local minds think all "that" much differently than those in less technologically advanced countries? I think "focus" and agenda has more to do with it. Japan and China seem to think that there should be no limits on genetic manipulation and Russian scientists have focused more on chemical weapons...selling the results to foreign nations/allies. If they would focus more on "positive" science maybe we could have had a cure for cancer already instead of tentative "therapies".

Count on the speed of light being used as a weapon instead of a blessing on future generations. Too many scientists concentrate on creating new, high-tech instruments of torture when the rack and gunpowder have already been more than effective in killing people.

Science needs a better conscience.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#645273 Jul 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, an error.
And you dodged the point.
So...

You assert that Pluto has been called a planet for "hundreds" of years, someone else points out the falsehood of the statement... and it's simply an "error" on your part.

But...

Scientists once considered Pluto a planet, then reconsider their position on the matter, decide to call it something else... an you call them liars.

Got it!

What points am I dodging?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#645274 Jul 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Badda-bing!
Well, the imbecile should have looked it up.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#645275 Jul 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Pluto has been called a planet for hundreds of years?
Was that a lie?
HAha it was discovered when about 1930?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#645276 Jul 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
So...
You assert that Pluto has been called a planet for "hundreds" of years, someone else points out the falsehood of the statement... and it's simply an "error" on your part.
But...
Scientists once considered Pluto a planet, then reconsider their position on the matter, decide to call it something else... an you call them liars.
Got it!
What points am I dodging?
Close. I wrote 'hundreds' when I meant to write 'dozens'. That is an error.

It had nothing to do with the reclassification of Pluto, it only has to do with the fact that we were all taught something that's wholly incorrect as if it's fact - because some knuckleheads in science jumped the gun on their "discovery".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#645277 Jul 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is slightly different "here" from "there". The U.S. always seems to come up with more advanced weapons than other countries. Is it just because of more money spent on that particular branch of research or do the local minds think all "that" much differently than those in less technologically advanced countries? I think "focus" and agenda has more to do with it. Japan and China seem to think that there should be no limits on genetic manipulation and Russian scientists have focused more on chemical weapons...selling the results to foreign nations/allies. If they would focus more on "positive" science maybe we could have had a cure for cancer already instead of tentative "therapies".
Count on the speed of light being used as a weapon instead of a blessing on future generations. Too many scientists concentrate on creating new, high-tech instruments of torture when the rack and gunpowder have already been more than effective in killing people.
Should I be so unfortunate as to find myself in a gunfight - I want the better gun.

Would you choose, by preference, a stick over a rifle?

Location hidden

#645278 Jul 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Okee dokee, nano.
Hukt's advice:
In the future, when you want a poster to leave you alone...
... don't start a thread about them.
Really?'Coz it worked, perfectly, showing what a homicidal psycho he/she is.

lol

Perfectly.

“shunned by haters...”

Since: Mar 09

Monticello, KY

#645279 Jul 26, 2013
you want proof...just kill yourself and find out. send a postcard

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#645280 Jul 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is slightly different "here" from "there". The U.S. always seems to come up with more advanced weapons than other countries. Is it just because of more money spent on that particular branch of research or do the local minds think all "that" much differently than those in less technologically advanced countries? I think "focus" and agenda has more to do with it. Japan and China seem to think that there should be no limits on genetic manipulation and Russian scientists have focused more on chemical weapons...selling the results to foreign nations/allies. If they would focus more on "positive" science maybe we could have had a cure for cancer already instead of tentative "therapies".

Well there is a top secret, and corporate trade secrets , but most discoveries are shared in like fossil and Earth sciences etc.
Of course people tend to be tight lipped about the newest doomsday weapons , except to boast in having it. But as hard as we try to keep secrets, they say the Chinese have them all, gotten from spies selling trade secrets.

Location hidden

#645281 Jul 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You calling that corn dog a sword?
Sheesh you christards are weird.
waaasssuuup attacks with a wiener, and scares the hell out of us ...lmao!
Would you prefer a Weiner sexting while stumping?

http://theweek.com/article/index/247272/5-peo...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#645282 Jul 26, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Numerous studies have confirmed the common sense observation that religious brainwashing retards intellectual development as is demonstrated on a daily basis in this forum.
The cognitive functioning of completely brainwashed religious cultists, such as Riverside Redneck, Retardo Fire, Dave Nelson, Forum, psalms 23, nanoanomaly and waaasssuuup, are so significantly impaired that these mindless godbots are clearly mentally retarded.
let's say for moment that you're right and that i am mentally retarded: do you always spend your time insulting, bullying and chiding with the disabled and unfortunate?:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#645283 Jul 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Good post, I wonder why atheist are so angry?
thanks - i would guess it's because like cockroaches, they can't thrive in the light and out in the open....

Location hidden

#645284 Jul 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Should I be so unfortunate as to find myself in a gunfight - I want the better gun.
Would you choose, by preference, a stick over a rifle?
I never mentioned a stick, you twit. Even a monkey could use a stick. We're talking something that was "artificial", created, not picked up off the ground after a storm blew through.

Newer, more advanced weapons only encourage hatred and fear from Third World nations and does not promote peace. If we (Americans) had foreign drones floating in our air space we certainly would not be considering that as anything but a declaration of war and a promise of future incursion. Drones are cowardly weapons.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#645285 Jul 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Would you prefer a Weiner sexting while stumping?
Wassssup is running for mayor?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645286 Jul 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the imbecile should have looked it up.
Wonder why he didn't?

Location hidden

#645287 Jul 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha.....you know that this IS going on in certain countries as we speak, don't you? do you realize that about half the New Testament was written from a person incarcerated for their faith and that just about all who wrote anything canonized died a martyrs death?
HEY EVERYONE - how about putting some heat on myth lover for being a genocidal and fascist hate-monger??? don't even try to call yourselves fair-minded if you chide with another Christian before getting up in this devil's grill!!!
That poster is sounding more like Skeptic with every passing day.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#645288 Jul 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> HAha it was discovered when about 1930?
Badda-bing!

"Click-click-click-click- click......"

Location hidden

#645289 Jul 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
did you see what myth lover wrote about other fellow human beings:
"Placing completely brainwashed Christian fundies like you in straitjackets to prevent the spreading of their "evil" dogma and confining them to mental institutions for the rest of their absolutely worthless lives would be beneficial to society."
i'll never respect another word you say until you address this as a fellow human, not to mention an anthropologist as you've suggested.....
Whatever made you think that the Hiding poster was any different than Myth Buster or Skeptic, the teen anime' avatar? Wow, you are easy.

lol

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#645290 Jul 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Would you prefer a Weiner sexting while stumping?
i like your new icon, nano, but you're blowing my theory that you under-play your hotness to discourage the attention.
i'm confused now.....just kidding!

truth be told, it doesn't matter if you're hot or not, you're conservative and you're smart and we're glad to have you on the team;)

“Under his spell”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#645291 Jul 26, 2013
Cant find my comments. why cant this annoying site be more like soadhead?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 582,687
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min courteous europhobe 121,615
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Clearwater 176,357
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Paul Porter1 98,819
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 30 min PELE78 188
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Epiphany2 611,768
Emma watson (Sep '14) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 2
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 442,456
More from around the web