Comments
612,221 - 612,240 of 732,812 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#644881 Jul 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish this panel would share the truth about "biblical errancy" every Sunday to every Christian brainwashing institution worldwide until this abomination is wiped off the face of the earth.
Until that time you'll just have to follow the link that RR provides to all 192 issues, read them and then do what I do, which is post the quotes in messages in forums such as this one.

Send me a private message and I'll send you a link to where I have them posted on the net. It is all worth while reading.

Too many posts here with things like 'the bible says...' and it has little impact but when you quote it, like:

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

The pew warmers don't call you a liar quite as quickly. And when they do, and they will, just post another problem:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Only a complete moron would trust the Bible.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#644882 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as we all agree that BibleGod hates what you do.
No.... we do not agree that "BibleGod" hates what I do.
You state that you don't believe in God so yours is a moot statement. Also I noticed you Capitalized Bible and God.
Thats a sign of respect. That tells me that you are a straight out
POE. Yes, you are a POE.

Hello POE!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#644883 Jul 25, 2013
wilferrel wrote:
The major question I have to ask to Christians is; why do you believe in God given all the tragedies that happen in this world which he does nothing about?
Not abhorring anyone's faith, just some common sense.
Why do you believe a Creator should provide you a perfect world? That is a lot of work maintaining it. Machines suffer from wear and tear.

What skin do you have in the game?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644884 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya ever learn math, son?
It doesn't go 26, 62, 29, 64........
God doesn't seem to do very well with math!

(a) "... and the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and Hananiah, Jusha-bhesed, five." (1 Chron. 3:19-20). How can there be five sons of Zerubbabel when 7 males and one female are listed?
(b) "And it had for its inheritance Beer-sheba, Sheba, Moladah, Hazar-shual, Balah, Ezem, Eltolad, Bethul, Hormah, Ziklag, Beth-marcaboth, Hazarsuah, Beth-lebaoth, and Sharuhen- thirteen cities with their villages" (Josh. 19:2-6 RSV). Fourteen cities are listed, not 13.
(c) "The cities belonging to the tribe of the people of Judah in the extreme South, toward the boundary of Edom, were Kabzeel, Eder, Jagur, Kinah, Dimonah, Adadah, Kedesh, Hazor, Ithnan, Ziph, Telem, Bealoth, Hazor-hadattah, Kerioth-hezron (that is Hazor). Amam,Shema, Moladah, Hazar-gaddah, Heshmon, Bethpelet, Hazar-shual, Beer-sheba, Biziothiah, Baalah, Iim, Ezem, Eltolad, Chesil, Hormah, Ziklag, Madmannah, Sansannah, Lebaoth, Shilhim, Ain, and Rimmon; in all twenty-nine(29) cities, with their villages" (Josh. 15:21-32 RSV). Thirty-six cities are listed, not 29.
(d)"...and the sons of Shemaiah; Hattush, and Igeal and Barial, and Neariah, and Shaphat, six" (1Chron. 3:22). Five names don't total six.
(e) "...the sons od Jeduthun; Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun,..." (1 Chron. 25:3). Again, five names do not total six.
(f) "And in the lowland, Eshtaol, Zorah, Ashnah, Zanoah, En-gannim, Tappuah, Enam, Jarmuth, Adullam, Socoh, Azekah, Sha-araim, Adithaim, Gederah, Gederothaim: fourteen cities with their villages" (Josh. 15:33-36 RSV). Fifteen cities are listed, not 14. Bibical authors not only counted inaccurately but often added with comparable precision.
(g) "The whole congregation together (those who returned from the Captivity) was forty and two thousand three hundred and threescore (42,360)" (Ezra 2:64). The number of people in each tribe that returned from the Captivity are listed from Ezra 2:3 to Ezra 2:60. One need only total the figures to see that 29,818 returned, not 42,360- an error of 12,542.
(h) A similar problem is encourntered in Neh. 7:66, which says, "the whole congregation together was forty and two thousand three hundred and three-score (42,360)." One need only add the figures between Neh. 7:8 and Neh. 7:62 to see that the total for all the tribe should have been 31,089, not 42,360-- an error of 11,271. Besides adding inaccurately, Ezra and Nehemiah can't agree on what the total should be. The former supports 29,818 while the latter asserts 31,089.
(i) "And this is the number of them: Thirty (30) charges of gold, a thousand (1,000) charges of silver, nine and twenty (29) knives, Thirty (30) basins of gold, silver basins of a second sort four hundred and ten (410), and vessels a thousand (1,000). All the vessels of gold and of silver were five thousand and four hundred (5,400)" (Ezra 1:9-11). Even if all these items were composed of silver and gold, they would not total 5,400 (30+ 1,000+ 29 + 30 + 410 + 1,000=2,499 not 5,400).
(j) "And these were the sons of Levi by their names; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari" (Num. 3:17) and "Those that were numbered of them (the Gershonites)...were seven thousand and five hundred (7,500)" (Num. 3:22) and "...these are the families of the Kohathites...eight thousand and six hundred (8,600)" (Num. 3:27-28) and "...these are the families of the Merari. And those that were numbered of them,...were six thousand and two hundred (6,200)" (Num.3:33-34), versus "All that were numbered of the Levites,...were twenty and two thousand (22,000)" (Num. 3:39). The author of Numbers added inaccurately, since 7,500 + 8,600 + 6,200 equals 22,300, not 22,000.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644885 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Your copy/paste didn't work.....
It did work, you are living proof. If it hadn't you would not have replied.

"Thirty and two years old (32) was he (Jehoram) when he began to reign, and he reighed in Jersalem eight (8) years, and departed without being desired. Howbeit they buried him in the city of David,... And the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king is his stead:... So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah reigned. Forty and two years old (42) was Ahaziah when he began to reign..." (2 Chron. 21:20). If Jehoram began to reign at age 32 and ruled 8 years, he died at age 40. Yet his son took over immediately and was 42 years old. The son, Ahaziah, was two years older than his father, Jehoram.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#644886 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a contradiction. Genesis 10 tells us the basics of the story, Genesis 11 goes in to detail.
A lot of books do that. Ever read a US history book? A lot of them will have a chapter telling you about WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc. Then in the next chapter, it goes back to give details on WWI, even though we already know about WWII...
Derp
Hey RR, Rev POE is clueless isn't he?
His twisted message is only outweighed only by his stupidity...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644887 Jul 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
All rational people should be "thoroughly disgusted" at the blissful ignorance demonstrated in this forum on a daily basis by the likes of the mentally retarded Riverside Redneck and Retardo Fire and be working together to ban religious brainwashing.
I like Retardo Fire name change, but you really have got to come up with something for RR. Riverside Retardo perhaps?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644888 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Sunday School isn't "A" school. Just like a school of thought isn't "A" school...
It's "A" class held on Sundays to teach children about their religion.
OK, so Pew Warmers are liars calling Sunday School a school. OK, I do not have a problem with that, you lie about everything else, why not that.

Ezek. 40:27 is translated as followed in three different versions: "...and he measured from gate to gate the south an hundred (100) cubits" (KJV). "He measured from gate to gate one hundred and seventy-five (175) feet" (Modern Language). "And the distance between the passageway was 175 feet" (Living Bible). If 100 cubits equals 175 feet, then one cubit equals 1 3/4 feet. On the other hand, these versions translate Gen. 6:15 as follows: "...The length of the ark shall be three hundred (300) cubits, the breadth of it fifty (50) cubits, and the height of it thirty (30) cubits" (KJV). "...The length of the ark four hundred and fifty (450) feet; its width seventy-five (75) feet and its depth forty-five (45) feet" (Modern Language). "Make it 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high" (Living Bible). If 300 cubits equals 450 feet, then 1 cubit equals 1 1/2 feet. The authors of the various versions of the Bible can't agree on the length of a cubit. Is it 1 3/4 or 1 1/2 feet?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#644889 Jul 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The last 4 are refinements, specifically the last three are decimal places and the last two identical.
Yes they have it right now, as measured in real world application and by more accurate means of measuring it.
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div683/museum-length....
But, but, but..... In 1650, they thought they had a "real world application and by more accurate means of measuring it"......

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644890 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
At slightly less than 2 billion, Christianity makes up about a third of the world population
I never trust any report put together by Christians who as you have demonstrated RR are notorious liars who thrive on distorting the facts and deceiving people.

Try again.

Location hidden

#644891 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious. You want science to be dogmatic and never change?
Are you completely unaware of what science is?
Well, WTF? You told me that I need to learn how to read science better...

When I tell an atheist that, they call it Christian apologetics.

It's a two way street, shuggatits.

Location hidden

#644892 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is constantly re-interpreted with each new generation.
For better accuracy.

Science is constantly re-interpreted with each new generation.

Location hidden

#644893 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dipstick. Sunday School isn't a school...
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And Christianity isn't a religion it is an abomination and a crime against humanity.
O_o

So now you agree?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644894 Jul 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you were a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist and sociopathic punk when you started posting in this forum and you obviously haven't the guts to change your evil ways.
Reverend Alan is far more knowledgeable about the damn bible than you'll ever be and doing a commendable job in highlighting its many contradictions and absurdities.
http://www.evilbible.com/
Why thank you very much. It is a joy to be working with all of the rational intelligent people here against the insanity that the pew warmers try to cram down our throats.

At least Al Garcia sees the problems even if he pretends they are not there. RR has no problem calling God a liar.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644896 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, you suck at analogies.
Did Miss Jones tell you age was a giraffe, then get married, become Mrs Jones and tell you she's a monkey?
How's that sex change operation working out for you?

More stories for children from the good book:

"Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him and smote the nail into his temples, for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died" (Judges 4:21);

LOL!!

Location hidden

#644897 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

Too many posts here with things like 'the bible says...' and it has little impact but when you quote it, like:
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."
Lol, you bitch about people posting 'the bible says...', then you quote what the bible says...

O_o

That verse is a parable from Luke. It's called "The Parable of the Ten Minas". Do you even know what it means?

I doubt it, you're the kingcherrypicker.

“All hail Koromo Amae”

Since: Mar 09

Anywhere Out Of This World

#644898 Jul 25, 2013
I sometimes think of life more as "What if we're all just crazy fucknuts smearing sh%t on ourselves and we've made up our entire world as a very elaborate hallucination?"

But, I digress...

Location hidden

#644899 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Ya ever learn math, son?
It doesn't go 26, 62, 29, 64........
Reverend Alan wrote:

God doesn't seem to do very well with math!
No, no, no. Do YOU know math, at least do you know the correct order?

Not only are you cherry picking like a madman, you're even quoting them out of sequence...

Location hidden

#644900 Jul 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Hey RR, Rev POE is clueless isn't he?
His twisted message is only outweighed only by his stupidity...
Dude, I know.

It's impossible to reason with a Christ denying retard imbecile athibot city boy evilbible writing moron.

Lol, how's that?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644901 Jul 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
That's my line, Rev. I have a long history of proposing us machines manifesting the consciousness of something higher.
You seem to be confused as to who you are serving, though.
"Humanity arose in this biosphere to add to the Universe,"
Uh huh. You are a machine, which you stated yourself, and you just "arose", eh? Magic poof? The "add to" is also an assumption on your part unless you have proof.
You are suffering from seeing no further than mankind, which you acknowledge are just machines. Of course, as a part of that machine that will be your focus. It takes something more to see beyond that.
You are focused way too much on the words of men, such as in the Bible, to be a non-believer. A true atheist has other things to spend their time on. Your messianic zeal to "expose" those lies in the Bible is the behavior of someone looking to start a new cult, not a non-believer in the supernatural.
That is just the way it is.
I am not here to replace the Bible with anything, I am here to show it can not be trusted as it is today. And just because we are all born mechanical we each have the possibility to evolve and live in higher states of consciousness. He who has not tasted does not know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 257,873
Last Word + 2 7 min andet1987 495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min mike 599,847
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 538,820
Arkansas'......'O.J.' 13 min Doctor REALITY 3
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min RiccardoFire 94,649
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Thinking 226,288
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••