Buffalo, NY

#644918 Jul 25, 2013

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#644919 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Ignorant, incorrect science is taught to our children as "fact" everyday in schools, indoctrinating their impressionable minds.
The bible isn't taught in schools.
No.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#644920 Jul 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that the Rev likes spankings by other men. I don't think he swings that way.
But hey. Whatever floats your boat, right?
(come on, you knew you walked into that one!)
sure - you got me there:)

atheist's are hypothetically getting 'spanked' constantly with the Sword of the Word here, but they can only come back with insults and hate cuz they can't win a moral argument.

don't be THAT loser, cuz you're not going to win in this epic battle:)

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#644921 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not here to replace the Bible with anything, I am here to show it can not be trusted as it is today. And just because we are all born mechanical we each have the possibility to evolve and live in higher states of consciousness. He who has not tasted does not know.
"it can not be trusted as it is today"

Meaning wait for your interpretation?

"evolve and live in higher states of consciousness"

In only this material form, or is there more?

"He who has not tasted does not know."

Drugs or self hypnosis? You think either is "real"?

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#644922 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I will have to look into that. Like I said English is my second language, third if your count two dialects.
Since the Bible is all religious fanatical writing, this should be a piece of cake to deal with. Thanks.

Satirical writing can be mistaken for real, I did some for the liberals. Who then labeled me a gun nut, but this was in pure jest.
But it proves Poes law. lol

In the Church of the Mighty Gun.

All Hail the Mighty Gun!

Praise we give for the bullets for all us above ground , for there are many below ground in the Church of The Mighty Gun.

Many men prayed to the false gods before finding the Gun .

And I said un to the Gun , I shalt Vanquish thine enemies and before me all mortals will fall.

In my fathers house there are many barrels.

The gun has sent us many angel's in it's service , John Browning , Sam Colt , Remington , Smith , Wesson, Gatling.

I will say for thee a short prayer, Ready! Aim! Fire!

Is it not true for every man it can be said? For the gun can send him to his maker.

For it is the wise man who stocks up on ammo before the fight.

Remember the sabbath day, to make all targets holey.

Surely the Lord deliver you unto me, not unlike Swiss cheese.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#644923 Jul 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you're a Catholic priest?
Who knew...
no - i'm not catholic. but, you demonstrated how you love the sanctimonious and self-righteous aspects of the mass, only not the references to God:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#644924 Jul 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
...and it gives you the opportunity to wear your latex suit and zippered face mask...
you too must have felt spanked by the sting of the truth in what i said. thanks for the confirmation!;)

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#644925 Jul 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure - you got me there:)
atheist's are hypothetically getting 'spanked' constantly with the Sword of the Word here, but they can only come back with insults and hate cuz they can't win a moral argument.
don't be THAT loser, cuz you're not going to win in this epic battle:)

You calling that corn dog a sword?
Sheesh you christards are weird.
waaasssuuup attacks with a wiener, and scares the hell out of us ...lmao!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#644926 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that there's anything wrong with being a tranny. Be me guest. Just be honest about it, hey.
if you and i were both tranny's, could we be attracted to each other? the twisted world of flesh/sex worship gets very confusing.....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#644927 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
ISA. 7:14 ("Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son...."--KJ, ML, LB, NI, AS, NAB, NAS, LV) versus ("Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son...."--RS, BBE, NEB, TEV, MT) or (a young maiden--JB, NWT). This clash has been debated for centuries and goes to the heart of a critical biblical teaching because it's the only OT prophecy referring to the Messiah's virgin birth.
I could prophecise that a child will be born by a young woman - any day of the week.

What it doesn't mean is that this birth will be of any importance.

But if I added that there is importance - like a man to save the Jewish conquered regions from future threat, then it does add that "extra spice" and makes it more interesting to believe.

Nostradamus prophecised events 500+ years in advance at times, is he part of the Bible?

Edgar Cayce - America's Prophet - also had made thousands of predictions and many came true, shouldn't he be part of the Bible?
http://edgarcayce.org/

With many so-called "Christians" limiting their "God" they believe exists to only inspiring a handful of unknown people, as they have done, only goes to show that their limited perception of "God" shows through their limited belief.

Location hidden

#644928 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, it's fantastic.
I just wish they'd know more about what they know before preaching it to my kids.
Preaching? No. Information is shared. Sometimes it is wrong, and it is eventually corrected. The most important thing imparted by a science based education is critical thinking, and there is nothing wrong with teaching kids to look at the world with a critical, objective eye. Science is based on the notion of constantly checking the evidence against our current theories, so we naturally will sometimes find out we were wrong about one thing or the other. This is a good thing.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#644929 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Huh....
How did you know what Pluto was doing?
Did the same people that told you it was a planet also tell you what it's doing?
Think, man.
Okay, I think you're smarter than that. So you're deliberately being obtuse.
Let me know when you're done.

Albuquerque, NM

#644930 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is constantly re-interpreted with each new generation.
Except if you are Catholic - they think they have the same story from the beginning - as it was decided upon by men.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#644931 Jul 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Placing completely brainwashed Christian fundies like you in straitjackets to prevent the spreading of their "evil" dogma and confining them to mental institutions for the rest of their absolutely worthless lives would be beneficial to society.
hahaha.....you know that this IS going on in certain countries as we speak, don't you? do you realize that about half the New Testament was written from a person incarcerated for their faith and that just about all who wrote anything canonized died a martyrs death?

HEY EVERYONE - how about putting some heat on myth lover for being a genocidal and fascist hate-monger??? don't even try to call yourselves fair-minded if you chide with another Christian before getting up in this devil's grill!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#644932 Jul 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The stop blubbering like a little girl.
:o)

New Age wrote:
typo =*then
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The stop what?
With you answering the way you did, does show your mental capacity is limited and seems to be unable to expand beyond what you physically see.

I understand. You are just making sure you stay within the gates, so you can be like other so-called "Christians".

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#644934 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you see my issues here.
:p
did you see what myth lover wrote about other fellow human beings:

"Placing completely brainwashed Christian fundies like you in straitjackets to prevent the spreading of their "evil" dogma and confining them to mental institutions for the rest of their absolutely worthless lives would be beneficial to society."

i'll never respect another word you say until you address this as a fellow human, not to mention an anthropologist as you've suggested.....

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#644935 Jul 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
no - i'm not catholic. but, you demonstrated how you love the sanctimonious and self-righteous aspects of the mass, only not the references to God:)
Where did I do that?

I said I liked some of the music, and gave an example.

Some of the architecture is awesome, too.

I said nothing about anything else.

Put up or shut up, Poe.

Albuquerque, NM

#644936 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't seem to do very well with math!
(a) "... and the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and Hananiah, Jusha-bhesed, five." (1 Chron. 3:19-20). How can there be five sons of Zerubbabel when 7 males and one female are listed?
(b) "And it had for its inheritance Beer-sheba, Sheba, Moladah, Hazar-shual, Balah, Ezem, Eltolad, Bethul, Hormah, Ziklag, Beth-marcaboth, Hazarsuah, Beth-lebaoth, and Sharuhen- thirteen cities with their villages" (Josh. 19:2-6 RSV). Fourteen cities are listed, not 13.
(c) "The cities belonging to the tribe of the people of Judah in the extreme South, toward the boundary of Edom, were Kabzeel, Eder, Jagur, Kinah, Dimonah, Adadah, Kedesh, Hazor, Ithnan, Ziph, Telem, Bealoth, Hazor-hadattah, Kerioth-hezron (that is Hazor). Amam,Shema, Moladah, Hazar-gaddah, Heshmon, Bethpelet, Hazar-shual, Beer-sheba, Biziothiah, Baalah, Iim, Ezem, Eltolad, Chesil, Hormah, Ziklag, Madmannah, Sansannah, Lebaoth, Shilhim, Ain, and Rimmon; in all twenty-nine(29) cities, with their villages" (Josh. 15:21-32 RSV). Thirty-six cities are listed, not 29.
(d)"...and the sons of Shemaiah; Hattush, and Igeal and Barial, and Neariah, and Shaphat, six" (1Chron. 3:22). Five names don't total six.
(e) "...the sons od Jeduthun; Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun,..." (1 Chron. 25:3). Again, five names do not total six.
(f) "And in the lowland, Eshtaol, Zorah, Ashnah, Zanoah, En-gannim, Tappuah, Enam, Jarmuth, Adullam, Socoh, Azekah, Sha-araim, Adithaim, Gederah, Gederothaim: fourteen cities with their villages" (Josh. 15:33-36 RSV). Fifteen cities are listed, not 14. Bibical authors not only counted inaccurately but often added with comparable precision.
(g) "The whole congregation together (those who returned from the Captivity) was forty and two thousand three hundred and threescore (42,360)" (Ezra 2:64). The number of people in each tribe that returned from the Captivity are listed from Ezra 2:3 to Ezra 2:60. One need only total the figures to see that 29,818 returned, not 42,360- an error of 12,542.
(h) A similar problem is encourntered in Neh. 7:66, which says, "the whole congregation together was forty and two thousand three hundred and three-score (42,360)." One need only add the figures between Neh. 7:8 and Neh. 7:62 to see that the total for all the tribe should have been 31,089, not 42,360-- an error of 11,271. Besides adding inaccurately, Ezra and Nehemiah can't agree on what the total should be. The former supports 29,818 while the latter asserts 31,089.
(i) "And this is the number of them: Thirty (30) charges of gold, a thousand (1,000) charges of silver, nine and twenty (29) knives, Thirty (30) basins of gold, silver basins of a second sort four hundred and ten (410), and vessels a thousand (1,000). All the vessels of gold and of silver were five thousand and four hundred (5,400)" (Ezra 1:9-11). Even if all these items were composed of silver and gold, they would not total 5,400 (30+ 1,000+ 29 + 30 + 410 + 1,000=2,499 not 5,400).
(j) "And these were the sons of Levi by their names; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari" (Num. 3:17) and "Those that were numbered of them (the Gershonites)...were seven thousand and five hundred (7,500)" (Num. 3:22) and "...these are the families of the Kohathites...eight thousand and six hundred (8,600)" (Num. 3:27-28) and "...these are the families of the Merari. And those that were numbered of them,...were six thousand and two hundred (6,200)" (Num.3:33-34), versus "All that were numbered of the Levites,...were twenty and two thousand (22,000)" (Num. 3:39). The author of Numbers added inaccurately, since 7,500 + 8,600 + 6,200 equals 22,300, not 22,000.
Interesting points Rev Al. I've never noticed this.

Thanks for posting.

Location hidden

#644937 Jul 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't have general guidelines that apply to most life, we have criteria that applies to all known life and all known life
follows these rules. We don't have any such thing for extraterrestrial life, we only have a idea that it could possibly
form in an extraterrestrial environment that met the criteria.
But it is realized the criteria of the Earth's biosphere, doesn't have to be the only viable type biosphere in the universe.
There could well be a different type biosphere and criteria for alien life altogether. Until extraterrestrial life is found there is no basis in general, that life has to follow a very general set of rules.
Dude, I am agreeing with you, I literally just said that there very well could be exotic alien life out there. Of course there could be a biosphere completely different than our own.

I also didn't say that we have a definite guideline for all life, I said that based on what we know about life it's not unreasonable to think that life, in general, would share a few very basic characteristics. I should make clear that I'm talking about intelligent life, not just life in general. Like I said before, it's probable that an alien intelligence would have evolved as a meat eater, due to the massive energy/protein requirements of a well developed brain. It's also likely that most intelligent life would have some sort of appendages capable of manipulating the environment. Unless you think that telekinesis is a more likely evolutionary development than hands or their equivalent.

Albuquerque, NM

#644938 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It did work, you are living proof. If it hadn't you would not have replied.
"Thirty and two years old (32) was he (Jehoram) when he began to reign, and he reighed in Jersalem eight (8) years, and departed without being desired. Howbeit they buried him in the city of David,... And the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king is his stead:... So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah reigned. Forty and two years old (42) was Ahaziah when he began to reign..." (2 Chron. 21:20). If Jehoram began to reign at age 32 and ruled 8 years, he died at age 40. Yet his son took over immediately and was 42 years old. The son, Ahaziah, was two years older than his father, Jehoram.
Uh-oh.....another mistake in the Bible?

I guess one does not need adding and subtracting skills to believe the Bible is accurate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 574,712
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Aura Mytha 269,150
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min Seentheotherside 39,683
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min Some Stoner Dude 1,049
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 25 min Stuart 52
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 26 min Some Stoner Dude 69,807
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min trifecta1 608,338
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Freebird 176,072
More from around the web