“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#644682 Jul 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What arrogance your religion inspires in its followers: atheists can't possibly have any other reason to discuss religion except for a latent desire to convert. My goodness. It must be strange to see the world through the eyes of a religious person - it's as if you think that everyone is either a christian or a future christian.
I wish I could wear a veil and be the third wife of an economically successful man.

<sigh>

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644683 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing, Nano, we're talking about your actions, not Kaitlyn's. Do you believe I should only judge your actions after thinking about every other posters?
As far as I see, you give what you get. I've tried to be nice to you, you're just nasty back. So why bother. And I don't know your history with Kaitlin, so definitely not going to comment on it. Clearly asking someone to suicide isn't moral - again, I didn't observe this (and it's worth noting that lots of 'Christians' on here asked me the same, Bongo included - quite vehemently and repetitively there for while). But I do like the continued use of Junior High School girl logic in your above post with the whole us/them approach. I truly believe you're fixated on that age's level of maturity.
Anyways, I don't know who Lilith is. Never read a single post by that person - you used to claim I was her. And if she threatened to kill you, I'd report it. That's totally unacceptable and repulsive all in one go. In fact, given your descriptions of Lilith, she seemed pretty repugnant to me, despite that I don't completely trust your word.
Liar.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#644684 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is what is taught in the Bible!
Matt. 4:8, "Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor."
What with the earth being globe shaped no, matter how tall this mountain was you can not see the kingdoms on the other side of the earth. Even if the earth was flat, from the tallest mountain one can not see "all" the kingdoms of the world.
The Bible is just a collection of silly ancient Jewish Puppet plays. How much more evidence do the pew warmers need?
You must understand, whenever the bible makes a demonstrably wrong statement, it's not meant to be taken literally.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#644685 Jul 25, 2013
The Universe is nothing but energy.
So if you want to call energy "God" than so be it.

Now if the Universe gives us energy than that energy can be used to help others.

So really the Universal energy "God" is helping us, we just need to direct that energy to a good cause.

It's a pity that we don't.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#644686 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting it :)
It's great how you think I'm evil when you created an entire thread to attack one person, invited others who didn't like him to it, so you could engage in cyber bullying all because you couldn't deal with his comments in the original thread you two were posting in.
That's right, I'm the bad person for daring to mention how immature it is to engage in group cyberbullying. Silly me. Why, I should have sided with you, Nano! After all, you're the one who arranged the thread - I'm such an evil, low person for not seeing this earlier.
I didn't invite anybody to that thread you delusional freak. If I had it would have been flooded with posters. Most people don't even know that forum exists.
You've got a lot of nerve mentioning bullying considering how many of your crew have stalked me, online AND off.

Location hidden

#644687 Jul 25, 2013
steve sharkman wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact I can't find you is proof there's a god.
you better get on your knees and hope and pray I don't find you.
because if I do, i'll put the fear of god in you.
Internet tough guys are hilarious.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#644688 Jul 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Uh, nope. I meant every word:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing, Nano, we're talking about your actions, not Kaitlyn's. Do you believe I should only judge your actions after thinking about every other posters?
As far as I see, you give what you get. I've tried to be nice to you, you're just nasty back. So why bother. And I don't know your history with Kaitlin, so definitely not going to comment on it. Clearly asking someone to suicide isn't moral - again, I didn't observe this (and it's worth noting that lots of 'Christians' on here asked me the same, Bongo included - quite vehemently and repetitively there for while). But I do like the continued use of Junior High School girl logic in your above post with the whole us/them approach. I truly believe you're fixated on that age's level of maturity.
Anyways, I don't know who Lilith is. Never read a single post by that person - you used to claim I was her. And if she threatened to kill you, I'd report it. That's totally unacceptable and repulsive all in one go. In fact, given your descriptions of Lilith, she seemed pretty repugnant to me, despite that I don't completely trust your word.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#644689 Jul 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't invite anybody to that thread you delusional freak. If I had it would have been flooded with posters. Most people don't even know that forum exists.
You've got a lot of nerve mentioning bullying considering how many of your crew have stalked me, online AND off.
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

I have and had nothing to do with anyone stalking you, you paranoid, crazed thing.

And you invited one of the topix stalkers into your house so you could sleep with him - is this my fault, too?

Location hidden

#644690 Jul 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything which has a beginning has a cause.
The universe has a beginning.
Therefore the universe has a cause.
God, unlike the universe, had no beginning, so doesn’t need a cause.
Always good for a laugh.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#644691 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could wear a veil and be the third wife of an economically successful man.
<sigh>
You're wish is granted.
Now reveil yourself from under that veil of yours and if I like what I see than you could quite possibly be relegated to number 1 wife.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#644692 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, nope. I meant every word:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, how cute....you're taking after IANS and reposting your old posts. It looks as if you've caught his admiration of seeing his own words, over and over again. Who knew narcissism could be spread with brainwashing.

I never claimed you were lilith, loon that you are. And you're still lying about being oblivious to Kaitlyn's bullshyt.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#644693 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, liar, pants on fire.
I have and had nothing to do with anyone stalking you, you paranoid, crazed thing.
And you invited one of the topix stalkers into your house so you could sleep with him - is this my fault, too?
BS!

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#644694 Jul 25, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
The Universe is nothing but energy.
So if you want to call energy "God" than so be it.
Now if the Universe gives us energy than that energy can be used to help others.
So really the Universal energy "God" is helping us, we just need to direct that energy to a good cause.
It's a pity that we don't.
Skeptic would like to share some energy with several million people for using their own minds as they see fit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Over and over again. He thinks it's for a good cause too.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#644695 Jul 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I have actually read the dude!
My father used to read him and I would have seconds
Excellent.

Good writer of hard Sci-Fi, and he did it right. Left all the hard science bits in.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#644696 Jul 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's certainly possible that a wide array of body plans are possible, but I also think it's reasonable to put some very general limitations on the most likely ones. For instance, any sufficiently intelligent creature would most likely have evolved to be a meat eater/omnivore, as large amounts of energy are necessary for a high functioning brain. Manipulating appendages are also probably a necessary requirement.
Here you go thinking in the same terms as life on Earth in our biosphere, the same as DF. If life is strictly dependent on the set criteria as we are and if "life as we know it" exists.
I would say life anywhere in the universe will be very similar,
but we simply cannot make that decision with only a single example in the known universe.

My contention is that alien chemistry could be so radically different that extraterrestrial life may hold nothing in common with life on Earth. It could turn out that life simply works with the material at hand, and need not evolve strictly in a liquid water environment. There has been much speculation investing into "life as we do not know it" and it maybe possible other mediums exist that could have spawned life in different organic chemistry's in ways we do not know .

http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050131/full/n...

Location hidden

#644698 Jul 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go thinking in the same terms as life on Earth in our biosphere, the same as DF. If life is strictly dependent on the set criteria as we are and if "life as we know it" exists.
I would say life anywhere in the universe will be very similar,
but we simply cannot make that decision with only a single example in the known universe.
My contention is that alien chemistry could be so radically different that extraterrestrial life may hold nothing in common with life on Earth. It could turn out that life simply works with the material at hand, and need not evolve strictly in a liquid water environment. There has been much speculation investing into "life as we do not know it" and it maybe possible other mediums exist that could have spawned life in different organic chemistry's in ways we do not know .
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050131/full/n...
Notice I didn't say that "strange" body forms are impossible, I said that I think it's safe to say that, given what we know, there may be some very general guidelines that apply to most life. This isn't to say that exotic lifeforms are impossible, just that it's reasonable to say that most life, in general, will follow a very general set of rules.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#644699 Jul 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
There is nothing adult about having imaginary friends.

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I agree.
Myth Buster wrote:
The mentally retarded Riverside Redneck has finally acknowledged that he's not an adult.
Negative.

I don't have imaginary friends.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644700 Jul 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So in truth - you only parrot what others have stated to you and you really don't know if there will be any judgment at all.
This is why Christianity is losing its followers, it can't keep the lies straight, and the heirarchy likes to dangle the "hope" and "faith" carrots in fornt of you, so you focuss on those instead of the real truth.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Christianity isn't losing its followers, we're gaining 25 million new members every year.

I do believe Jesus.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644701 Jul 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why would "God" allow this 40,000 yr old sculpture in a cave in Germany, only to be found now?
I thought the Earth was only 6000 years old?
Odd.
:o)
http://www.pasthorizonspr.com/index.php/archi...
You're a YEC'er?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644702 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
GOD SPREADS DUNG ON FACES: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3)
<quoted text>
Thank you, I have more verses to post. I have nothing good to say about RR. He, and his fellow per warmers who are clones of him, are the reason I hate Christians.
What is this dung of a solemn feast? Are Christians dung eaters?
2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"
If Christians ever try to teach my kids things like that there are going to be some problems.
I've ready explained that verse to you, you just refuse to modify your thinking. You WANT to read it wrong and you want others to read it wrong.

Those words were spoken by Rabshakeh, not God. He was speaking to his men, his soldiers, trying to pump them up for the upcoming battle.

Rabshakeh was an apostate Jew. You know what that means?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Rick in Kansas 265,183
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min hojo 559,633
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min preteen girl 605,045
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min Chris Clearwater 175,684
Pastor Rod Parsley’s Father Dies at Age 80 (Jul '13) 1 hr Joyce 7
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 37,819
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web