Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#644903 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, WTF? You told me that I need to learn how to read science better...
When I tell an atheist that, they call it Christian apologetics.
It's a two way street, shuggatits.
I'm sorry, I wasn't structuring my words in relation to how others have written you - I am not referring to anyone.

And, no, it's not a two way street. Christian apologetics make excuses for poor theological rationalizations.

I am not making excuses for scientific knowledge changing. That's the very nature of science - change is utterly and wholly expected. If you think otherwise, you don't understand science.

Science doesn't live in the past. It lives in the now by tested and disproving our cherished notions. It's not dogmatic; we constantly disprove our current knowledge and move on. It's the opposite of dogmatic religious beliefs - and this is why I believe you have issues with it. In your writing, you seem to want science to pronounce stable "truths" about the universe. Well, sorry, our understandings are constantly being refined.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#644904 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a contradiction. Genesis 10 tells us the basics of the story, Genesis 11 goes in to detail.
A lot of books do that. Ever read a US history book? A lot of them will have a chapter telling you about WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc. Then in the next chapter, it goes back to give details on WWI, even though we already know about WWII...
Derp
We all already know you are not going to admit to a contradiction, you are an apologist, a professional liar for the Bible. You are very good at deceiving people into believing there are answers to the Bible's many problems. It isn't true but because pew warmers want to keep believing what the Con-artist at the front of their church has been telling them over the years they are going to blindly believe you. But that will not stop me from posting problems. People need to see the problems and also see how your "explanations" do not fix them.

Jael murdered Sisera-"Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him and smote the nail into his temples, for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died" (Judges 4:21);

Those biblical matriarchs sure set a good example for us all don't they.

Some stable somewhere

#644905 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For better accuracy.
Science is constantly re-interpreted with each new generation.
hahaha!

Yes, science is.

No, old languages aren't being better understood. They're being modified for contemporary culture so that you can relate to them in some small way. But the reality is, you are utterly incapable of relating to the cultures of the Bible. They were very, very different people than you, their understanding and experience of their deity is totally different than yours.

Location hidden

#644906 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being dishonest Rev.
There's more to it if you continue the passage.
Why must you lie?
<quoted text>
Al didn't, but I did.
And you rightfully ignored it.
You're a liar, a manipulator and your revel in intellectual dishonesty.
Well golly gee RR, I guess if you bothered to type all that out then it must be true.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#644907 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But, but, but..... In 1650, they thought they had a "real world application and by more accurate means of measuring it"......
In 1650, the church dictated what was scientific fact.
No wonder they had everything wrong. They (the Church) found Galileo
guilty of heresy in 1633 for figuring out the Earth wasn't the center of the universe. So as you were saying about facts and theory, if you had your facts straight..... in theory ,
we could be quiet. But since you don't get the facts straight,
The theory is you should shut up.

Location hidden

#644908 Jul 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you Capitalized Bible and God.
Thats a sign of respect. That tells me that you are a straight out
POE. Yes, you are a POE.
Hello POE!
I capitalized Bible and God because it is correct English. English is my second language and I do make efforts to type it correctly. I wish more of you English First Pew Warmers would do the same. I have no respect for you "simple minded" who refuse to acknowledge real biblical problems. And I have no respect for your murdering Biblegod.

Please explain what is POE.

Location hidden

#644909 Jul 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Hey RR, Rev POE is clueless isn't he?
His twisted message is only outweighed only by his stupidity...
Well, well well, how the mighty have fallen. A few days ago you would never have lowered yourself to calling people names.

And if I was so clueless you would have shown how the error could be solved, your failure to do so is proof that the error is valid, proving once again that the Bible can not be trusted and neither can you.

Instead of marrying one of her cousins, Ruth went to bed with another of them- "He (Boaz) said, Who are you? And she answered, I am Ruth, your maidservant: spread your skirt over your maidservant, for you are next of kin" (Ruth 3:9 RSV);

Some stable somewhere

#644910 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
you bitch
What??? <sniffle> me?!?

(kidding, kidding, I lifted this dishonestly)

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#644911 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I capitalized Bible and God because it is correct English. English is my second language and I do make efforts to type it correctly. I wish more of you English First Pew Warmers would do the same. I have no respect for you "simple minded" who refuse to acknowledge real biblical problems. And I have no respect for your murdering Biblegod.
Please explain what is POE.
Poes law , you can't distinguish between a parody and a sincere religious fanatic writing.

Location hidden

#644912 Jul 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I refer to RR as the "Mentally Retarded Riverside Redneck". He's so immersed within Christian mythology that his cognitive functioning has been significantly impaired. There are precious few lifeforms on earth lower than the religiously retarded redneck.
That all sounds right to me! How about some more Bible study?

Many OT matriachs exhibited immoral proclivities. For example:

•(1) Michal lied to Saul-"And when Saul sent messengers to take David, she said, He is sick" (1Sam. 19:14);
•(2) Jael murdered Sisera-"Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him and smote the nail into his temples, for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died" (Judges 4:21);
•(3) Rachel deceived her father-"Now Rachel had taken the images and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found them not. And she said to her father, Let it not displease my lord that I cannot rise up before thee; for the custom of women is upon me. And he searched, but found not images" (Gen. 31:34-35);
•(4) Instead of marrying one of her cousins, Ruth went to bed with another of them- "He (Boaz) said, Who are you? And she answered, I am Ruth, your maidservant: spread your skirt over your maidservant, for you are next of kin" (Ruth 3:9 RSV);
•(5) Sarah lied when she claimed she did not laugh-"But Sarah denied, Saying, I did not laugh; for she was afraid. He said, No but you did laugh" (Gen. 18:15 RSV):
•(6) Tamar seduced the father of her late husband (Gen. 38:6-19);
•(7) Rahab was a common prostitute- "And they went, and came into an harlot's house, named Rahab, and lodged there" (Josh. 2:1)
•(8) And Bathsheba was an adulteress, since she appears to have gone to David willingly- "Then David sent for her and when she came he slept with her" (2Sam. 11:4 LBV).

Four of these women are listed in the geneaolgies of Jesus:

Tamar (Matt. 1:3),
Rabab (Matt. 1:5),
Ruth (Matt. 1:5), and
Bathsheba (Matt. 1:6)

Which certainly doesn't say much for his pedigree.

Location hidden

#644913 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya ever learn math, son?
It doesn't go 26, 62, 29, 64........
<quoted text>
No, no, no. Do YOU know math, at least do you know the correct order?
Not only are you cherry picking like a madman, you're even quoting them out of sequence...
Well then instead of complaining about it put them in the order you like and see if you solve anything.

Ezek. 40:27 is translated as followed in three different versions: "...and he measured from gate to gate the south an hundred (100) cubits" (KJV). "He measured from gate to gate one hundred and seventy-five (175) feet" (Modern Language). "And the distance between the passageway was 175 feet" (Living Bible). If 100 cubits equals 175 feet, then one cubit equals 1 3/4 feet. On the other hand, these versions translate Gen. 6:15 as follows: "...The length of the ark shall be three hundred (300) cubits, the breadth of it fifty (50) cubits, and the height of it thirty (30) cubits" (KJV). "...The length of the ark four hundred and fifty (450) feet; its width seventy-five (75) feet and its depth forty-five (45) feet" (Modern Language). "Make it 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high" (Living Bible). If 300 cubits equals 450 feet, then 1 cubit equals 1 1/2 feet. The authors of the various versions of the Bible can't agree on the length of a cubit. Is it 1 3/4 or 1 1/2 feet long?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#644914 Jul 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The point IS that Hiding was mouthing off about a thread but not linking to it because he/she KNEW it did not show a hateful tone on it. Skeptic, OTOH, had been putrid with venomous hatred towards me and was relentlessly stalking me for some time before that thread was made; abusing me in private messages. I had to block Skeptic, Kaitlyn, Bob and a couple others who would not stop pm'ing me when I asked them to quit.
Okee dokee, nano.

Hukt's advice:

In the future, when you want a poster to leave you alone...

... don't start a thread about them.

Location hidden

#644915 Jul 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Poes law , you can't distinguish between a parody and a sincere religious fanatic writing.
Thanks, I will have to look into that. Like I said English is my second language, third if your count two dialects.

Since the Bible is all religious fanatical writing, this should be a piece of cake to deal with. Thanks.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#644916 Jul 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop threatening Double Fine, or face a cockroach infestation!
*loads blasphemy cannon*

(it's a double barrel)
Alarice

Buffalo, NY

#644918 Jul 25, 2013

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#644919 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Ignorant, incorrect science is taught to our children as "fact" everyday in schools, indoctrinating their impressionable minds.
The bible isn't taught in schools.
No.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#644920 Jul 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that the Rev likes spankings by other men. I don't think he swings that way.
But hey. Whatever floats your boat, right?
(come on, you knew you walked into that one!)
sure - you got me there:)

atheist's are hypothetically getting 'spanked' constantly with the Sword of the Word here, but they can only come back with insults and hate cuz they can't win a moral argument.

don't be THAT loser, cuz you're not going to win in this epic battle:)

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#644921 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not here to replace the Bible with anything, I am here to show it can not be trusted as it is today. And just because we are all born mechanical we each have the possibility to evolve and live in higher states of consciousness. He who has not tasted does not know.
"it can not be trusted as it is today"

Meaning wait for your interpretation?

"evolve and live in higher states of consciousness"

In only this material form, or is there more?

"He who has not tasted does not know."

Drugs or self hypnosis? You think either is "real"?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#644922 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I will have to look into that. Like I said English is my second language, third if your count two dialects.
Since the Bible is all religious fanatical writing, this should be a piece of cake to deal with. Thanks.

Satirical writing can be mistaken for real, I did some for the liberals. Who then labeled me a gun nut, but this was in pure jest.
But it proves Poes law. lol

In the Church of the Mighty Gun.

All Hail the Mighty Gun!

Praise we give for the bullets for all us above ground , for there are many below ground in the Church of The Mighty Gun.

Many men prayed to the false gods before finding the Gun .

And I said un to the Gun , I shalt Vanquish thine enemies and before me all mortals will fall.

In my fathers house there are many barrels.

The gun has sent us many angel's in it's service , John Browning , Sam Colt , Remington , Smith , Wesson, Gatling.

I will say for thee a short prayer, Ready! Aim! Fire!

Is it not true for every man it can be said? For the gun can send him to his maker.

For it is the wise man who stocks up on ammo before the fight.

Remember the sabbath day, to make all targets holey.

Surely the Lord deliver you unto me, not unlike Swiss cheese.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#644923 Jul 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you're a Catholic priest?
Who knew...
no - i'm not catholic. but, you demonstrated how you love the sanctimonious and self-righteous aspects of the mass, only not the references to God:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Bear Claw 88,676
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Big Al 703,884
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 2 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 2 hr Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 2 hr Jimbo 2
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 2 hr Kimbo 10