Prove there's a god.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#644762 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity isn't losing its followers, we're gaining 25 million new members every year.
I do believe Jesus.
Citation please.

To ensure you are balanced in your post, please post the statistic that shows the loss followers.

I can then do the Math between the two, to confirm your assertion.

Thanks for responding!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#644763 Jul 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There is ample evidence of the space/time continuum.
But zero evidence of this god you say caused it.
So nice job in creating god to answer the question you otherwise cannot answer. Let's us know, if it a hard question and you cant answer it. It's because god done it. Your ignorance wont make god done it a correct answer, but it will show us you don't have a damn clue what the answer is.
Still no evidence for the existence of god.[nicely said!]

No proof = no god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#644764 Jul 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's certainly possible that a wide array of body plans are possible, but I also think it's reasonable to put some very general limitations on the most likely ones. For instance, any sufficiently intelligent creature would most likely have evolved to be a meat eater/omnivore, as large amounts of energy are necessary for a high functioning brain. Manipulating appendages are also probably a necessary requirement.
Yo Tim

You have prolly not followed this fram the start, however let me fill you in. To become an organism with intellect comparable like that of a human, the species would need three things:

1) Co ordinated limbs for tool use (i.e. Not just one limb for tool manipulation)
2) Language
3) Culture (means of transferring knowledge from generation to generation)

The third one is very important, because that is a trait cultured by mammals, due to the strong bonds between parents and infants, as well as the rest of the pack, pride, herd, or pod.

That is why I say a human like intelligence would never evolve from the dinosaurs,the birds, the reptiles, or fish. Hence, similar beings to us would have to have had ancestors very mammal like (i.e. Creatures that nourish and teach their young, etc)

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#644765 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Myth Buster wrote previously :Reverend Alan has demonstrated that he knows AND understands the damn bible more than any other brainwashed Christian godbot in this forum.
<quoted text>
Exactly right!
Genesis 10:5, "By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their land; every one after his tongue ....,"
versus
Genesis 11:1 ("And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech") and Genesis 11:6 ("And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they all have one language").
You are being dishonest Rev.
There's more to it if you continue the passage.
Why must you lie?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#644766 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a YEC'er?
I'm a what?

Whatever you think I am, you are probably wrong.

#644767 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a member of C. Dennis McKinsey' Biblical Errancy Panel for close to 30 years. And I really appreciate it when RR posts a link to Biblical Errancy Issues 1-192 when he replies to my posts. RR is so stupid he believes he is showing me up, but instead he is directing people to the truth, and the truth at Biblical Errancy has set many a Christian free of the nonsense of their religion.
I should thank him for helping me spread the truth that the Bible can not be trusted because it is unreliable, but I won't.
Sounds like you're trying to make up for your past Rev.
Sorry about your guilt. But you'll get over it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#644768 Jul 25, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we go again, personifying science and religion.
Science does not learn. It is not alive. It is a field of study.
I will allow the irrelevant quibble.

The point remains - and I note that you neglected to challenge it.

The Borderland of Sol

#644769 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"404 not found."

Location hidden

#644770 Jul 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You must understand, whenever the bible makes a demonstrably wrong statement, it's not meant to be taken literally.
The pew warmers are only proving to us that they are grasping for straws when they present that dog and pony show. They will do anything to keep themselves calm. All I want to do is disturb their sleep.

In ACTS 3:21 Peter said, "...which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"; yet, prophets did not exist when the world began, even in the Book of Genesis.

#644771 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Double Fine wrote:
There is nothing adult about having imaginary friends.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I agree.
<quoted text>
Negative.
I don't have imaginary friends.
Congratulations on becoming atheist!

Your badge and decoder is in the mail. We meet every Thursday and discuss bombings of churches and the seduction of nuns

The Borderland of Sol

#644772 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And like I said, I was taught (by science) that Pluto was a planet. I'm sure you were too.
They were wrong.
But we were tawught as if they were right.
Which begs the question...
What else are they wrong about that we don't know yet?
*sigh*

Pluto is still right where it's supposed to be, and it's the same size as it was, and it's doing what it did before.

If it's decided tomorrow to call it "The Swedish Meatball", what effing difference will that make to our understanding of the Solar System?

Please pay attention!

#644773 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. To what church are you referring?
Well, ALL churches are working against science, in varying degrees. That specific example was for the Roman Catholics, however

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#644774 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"
(Amos 3:6).
bending you over a knee and giving you a much deserved spanking would be "evil" to you, but a blessing to the rest of us;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#644775 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever told you that is a liar.
on the contrary - who ever told me it was a lie is the liar indeed;)

Location hidden

#644776 Jul 25, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
The Universe is nothing but energy.
So if you want to call energy "God" than so be it.
Now if the Universe gives us energy than that energy can be used to help others.
So really the Universal energy "God" is helping us, we just need to direct that energy to a good cause.
It's a pity that we don't.
Human beings do not exist to receive energy but to turn minerals into conscious thought. Humanity arose in this biosphere to add to the Universe, not take from it. Human beings see reality backwards. You are a machine and you are being used.

Now, can we talk about the terror of the situation?

#644777 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity isn't losing its followers, we're gaining 25 million new members every year.
I do believe Jesus.
Oh. So you count those as Christians. Care to donresearch on where those Christians are from?

Africa. The continent with by far the most human rights violations, highest unemployment, lowest GDP, most debt, most conflicts, highest AIDS, TB and Malaria statistics.

According to your posts last night, they are sinners and deserve to be in the mess their in. You still want to count those?

Location hidden

#644778 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe Jesus.
No you don't.

The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),

#644779 Jul 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
You are a false witness and you are pouring out lies trying to stir up dissension between Atheist brothers. How does it feel to know that God hates what you do and finds it detestable to him?
Please, do tell me how it feels.
With all due respect Rev.
Your full of it. You can't follow basic instructions and you just don't get it.

The premise of this thread is to Prove God without using the Bible or quoting scripture.

Well, you keep quoting scripture. That's really a big fail for you since you didn't understand the concept. I suppose that's why they invented stupid warning labels for people like you, eg "Caution- hot coffee is HOT"

You don't know me from Adam so I would kindly advise you reconsider who the real false witness is around here.

Secondly, you don't believe God exists so your question is not really a legitimate question from you but a rhetorical attack at me. This shows who really is the one trying to stir up dissension.

You really don't have a clue who I am and what I stand for.
You are clueless.

Also, you are a liar. You said you were leaving the thread, yet here you still are.

So lets break it down Rev.
You can't follow directions, you don't know who your talking about, you use a Deity you don't believe in to accomplish your goals ( kinda sounds like the Christians you hate huh?)
And you just like to stir the pot.

You are all messed up sir.

Location hidden

#644780 Jul 25, 2013
GOD: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3)

GOD: 2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I've ready explained that verse to you, you just refuse to modify your thinking. You WANT to read it wrong and you want others to read it wrong.
Those words were spoken by Rabshakeh, not God. He was speaking to his men, his soldiers, trying to pump them up for the upcoming battle.
Rabshakeh was an apostate Jew. You know what that means?
Your "explanation" explains nothing. It is in the Bible and you claim it is God's word. Eating shit and drinking pee is God's word. And it was God who goes around smearing shit on people's faces.

I do not want people to read it wrong, I just want them to read it, to their children.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#644781 Jul 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm registered as an independent because both of our two major political parties have been hijacked by extremists. Anyone who thinks freedom of speech should protect religious brainwashing is inhumane.
LOL! our constitution was designed to allow us freedom OF religion with NO governmental control, not fascist and genocidal freedom FROM religion with FULL governnmental control.

do you feel threatened by God, heir myth lover?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Rosa_Winkel 48,750
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 45 min Toby 105,619
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 646,605
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,686
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr DebraE 14
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 281,254
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 387
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,062
More from around the web