“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#644331 Jul 23, 2013
GOD MADE FALSE AND UNFULFILLED PROPHECIES: In Jonah 3:4 God said, "yet 40 days and Nineveh shall be overthrown." But the 10th verse says, "God saw their works, that they turned from their evil ways; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not." In other words, He who knows the future changed his mind, repented, and Nineveh was not overthrown. His prophecy failed.

In Gen. 15:13 God said to Abraham, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they shall be enslaved and mistreated 400 years." Acts 7:6 says the same. But Ex. 12:40 says, "Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was 430 years." God's prophecy failed by 30 years.

Another deific prophecy is found in Gen. 15:16 which says, "...in the 4th generation they (Abraham's descendants) shall come here again...." God told Abraham that his descendants would return in the 4th generation. Yet, if Abraham is included, it actually occurred during the 6th generation. The generations were: Abraham, Issac, Levi (Ex. 1:2), Kohath (Ex. 6:16), Amram (Ex. 6:18), and Moses (Ex. 6:20).

In Gen. 17:3, 8 and Ex. 32:13 God told Abraham that he would give to him and his descendants all of Canaan for an eternal possession. But Acts 7:5 says, "He gave him (Abraham) no inheritance here, not even a foot of ground. But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child" and Heb. 11:13 says, "All these people...did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance." The Bible itself admits that God's promise to Abraham failed.

In Gen. 35:10 God said to Jacob, "thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel." Yet, 11 chapters later Gen. 46:2 says, "God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I."

Lastly, 1 Sam. 23:12 says, "David asked,'Will the citizens of Keilah surrender me and my men to Saul?' And the Lord said,'They will'." This prophecy never occurred, because the opposite happened. Saul was delivered into David's hands, not once but twice.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644332 Jul 23, 2013
GOD CAUSES ADULTERY: "This is what the Lord says:'Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity upon you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will lie with your wives in broad daylight. You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel" (2 Sam. 12:11-12).

GOD ORDERS THE TAKING OF A HARLOT: "...the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the Lord" (Hosea 1:2).

GOD ORDERS A MAN TO PURCHASE HIS WIFE: "The Lord said to me,'Go show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adultress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods.... So I brought her for 15 shekels of silver and about a homer and a half of barley. Then I told her,'You are to live with me many days...." (Hosea 3:1-3).

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#644333 Jul 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh.... ANd what scientific parents do? Teach children that nothing magically became something one time, then there was fish, then dinosaurs and now here we are. All from a magical, poofing big bang.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
....magic man made it all from dirt.
the god poofed man from dirt. He poofed the universe from nothing.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#644334 Jul 23, 2013
Portia the Rossi wrote:

If someone will tell me how to start a thread, I will start one and prove that there is a God.

New Age writes:

If you were to read this book, it will show you how any god could not exist int he frame of mind men have established.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1403964572
The Paradox of God and the Science of Omniscience

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#644335 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Do you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
I'll bet she does!

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#644336 Jul 23, 2013
Portia the Rossi wrote:
Most of what you learn and do not investigate, is suspicious.
New Age asks:
Have you researched the religion, if any you adhere to or practice?
How? In what manner?
Do you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Do you believe "God's inspiration" is not controlled or was confined to a selct number of individuals from days gone by?
Thanks for posting.
Ummmm...

Where'd she go?

Am I not looking closely enough... or did all her posts disappear?

Just when it was starting to get interesting, too.

=(

Location hidden

#644337 Jul 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your magic story is that a magical nothing magically turned nothing into something and put that magic something in a mud puddle that magically poofed into the first life on earth.
poofing is all your mind is capable of understanding.

the rational skeptic forms his understanding of reality upon the best available evidence.

Unlike: you who is motivated by fear, greed, power and opportunity.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#644338 Jul 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...
Where'd she go?
=(
Think she was banned? Damn, that was quick. Usually they start hating on gays and blacks and Jews before getting bumped

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#644339 Jul 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...
Where'd she go?
=(
I think you are right - she is gone.

Hey wait - is the Rapture starting without me?

*sighs*

;oP

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#644340 Jul 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...
Where'd she go?
=(
They appear to have disappeared.

They were a familiar face from a while back. Perhaps their past caught up with them.

Location hidden

#644341 Jul 23, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more man than you can ever hope to know. I have compassion towards others including you.
I've never been afraid to wear my emotions on my sleeve even at the point of being labeled a wuss.
You may call what I believe utterly ridiculous, but I don't. At my core I have a strong sense of right and wrong. A desire to do what is right in life.
You've never once asked me what I believe and why. You've erroneously lumped me into groups of people yet failed to see the individuality of my thoughts, my beliefs and my emotions. To you I'm just a cultist. Nothing more.
The real problem with the world today is not if someone is Christian, atheist, gay, black or some object of abuse, but people's intolerance, inflexibility and hatred towards others.
That puts you right smack I'm the middle of those you accuse of being hateful and cowardly.
Hate of others is simply fear of a perceived danger because of a lack of understanding.
Say what you want Pomona. I don't hate you. I don't fear you but on the other hand I don't respect you either.
Your displayed lack of compassion prevents that from ever happening.
christianity is one of the most vile philosophies ever.

It is my understanding that you claim to follow that philosophy.

are you a christian "AL"?

Location hidden

#644343 Jul 23, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven's Gate worked out really swell. "Hey everybody, attention please. The Hale-Bop comet is quickly approaching, which is being followed by a UFO that will transport us to a new galaxy. All we have to do is kill ourselves at the right moment, and off we go. Who's for it? Lets have a show of hands, please. All right, it's unanimous. Prepare yourselves for a better life." <crowd cheering> Blind faith in action...
they castrated themselves for purity

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#644345 Jul 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Think she was banned? Damn, that was quick. Usually they start hating on gays and blacks and Jews before getting bumped
Don't play dumb.

You smited her!

(smote?)

Location hidden

#644347 Jul 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to what atheismabout.com will tell you, Christianity is on the rise and is the worlds fastest growing religion.
lol

the rate of decline is increasing.

christians need pay tax, like honest citizens.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#644348 Jul 23, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
christianity is one of the most vile philosophies ever.
It is my understanding that you claim to follow that philosophy.
are you a christian "AL"?
Your philosophy, your culture, your entire world view, everything you know, is derived from that vile philosophy.

Are you a Christian, karl?

Or just disaffected because there are some things you don't understand about it?

#644349 Jul 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
GOD SPREADS DUNG ON FACES: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3)
Hey, that is a wrong translation. RR will tell you that the Ancient Hebrew word for dung is actually "moisturiser"

Lol that was a pretty funny verse you quoted

#644351 Jul 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't play dumb.
You smited her!
(smote?)
Sigh. Alas. Double Fine indeed hath smited her.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#644352 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I think you are right - she is gone.
Hey wait - is the Rapture starting without me?
*sighs*
;oP
Left behind too, huh?

I wonder...

Should we have been less "meek"?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#644353 Jul 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They appear to have disappeared.
They were a familiar face from a while back. Perhaps their past caught up with them.
She's Baa-aaack.

#644354 Jul 23, 2013
Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>That's what it was. I was on another thread defending blacks and Jews, so some gays must have thought that wrong.
Well, Double Fine is impressed. Getting banned that quickly is an achievement to be proud of

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min Freebird USA 175,787
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 min ilea vazan 472
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min scirocco 37,846
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Dr_Zorderz 265,485
Moses never existed 31 min KiMare 843
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 1 hr Ed Teach 100
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ed Teach 53,259
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 560,589
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,363
Gay snapchat names 2 hr boygyhoy 183
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) Sat risque 137
More from around the web