|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You started a hate thread about Bob, too??? I was talking about the one you started about the atheist with the T-rex for a picture. Can't remember his name now.
Baby, you stopped pming me 'cause I blocked your crazy ass. I didn't want to be bothered by childish plots - left those behind in junior high.
You live in a strange, demented world of denial. I lost interest, period. Get over it. We never discussed other Topix posters either and you know it.

And I never targeted anybody with a lame ass dino avatar.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said originally was Satan would not want Topix atheists as his poster boys.
If you could have understood that, which you didn't, and thank you very much for giving a fine living and immediate example of what I said, then the rest of what I said would have fallen in place.
Yet another rendition of what you originally said. This conversation has become tiresome and superfluous, so I believe there's no point in continuing.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
Oh crap, I forgot about Drew...briefly.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAa ...HA!
So you've started three hate threads about posters.

The above laughter quite aptly sums up your maturity and decency levels.

I feel sorry for your daughter.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
You have come in here with guns a blazing attacking every Christian thats present, with your name calling and hate!!!
100% wrong!!! Reverend Alan is exposing Christianity as a hate cult and Christians like you as being blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigots.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
So you haven't had a transplant yet? lol
I have no intention on ever being transplanted with the god gene. Of course, there isn't a god gene even though godbots think they've been hardwired to spread their cult's vile hatred.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Oops! Sorry. Totally thought you were a she. No idea why. I think I was touched by something you wrote once, and just assumed a feminine voice.
No problem! I'm glad you were touched by something I've posted. I wish we could get through to these godbots, but they would have to possess a desire to learn. Unfortunately, most godbots would rather remain blissfully ignorant and desperately cling to their delusions while wondering why they're so despised.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Awesomely full of shyt is more like it.
Bob deserved flaming.:p
And my losing interest in pming you is typical for me. I told boooots that I rarely pm "anyone" more than a few times. I get bored easy and don't want to encourage any bonding with people here. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings ya big baby. Get over it already.
Isn't pming by its very nature a form of bonding?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't pming by its very nature a form of bonding?
No.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've started three hate threads about posters.
The above laughter quite aptly sums up your maturity and decency levels.
I feel sorry for your daughter.
You and your buds here don't know the first thing about decency.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You started a hate thread about Bob, too???
I'm just yanking your chain, moron.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your poetry is putrid, but practice will make it better. Just start reading what you wrote, preferably when sober.

You call that poetry? I thought it was biblical prophecy.
hahahah

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make clear what I mean by one world government.
In a nutshell, it would be a government that could unify the world towards common beneficial goals.
I know. It's far fetched.
But as long as everybody wants everybody else to live by their rules, and belief systems can't be made to understand that their way is not the only way, it won't happen.
I think our world is too fucked up to ever be able to work together as a planet.
He'll, we can't even get along within our own countries.
There are loads of divisive issues in the world, but most could be rationally worked through. Religion is the only irrational divider that no amount of reason seems to be able to overcome.
The rest are just a matter of learning to accept differences rather than trying to eliminate them.
I believe that greed and religion are our biggest stumbling blocks to ever seeing humanity working together on a planet wide basis.
I'm in no way advocating some new world order, run by a powerful few, but a new world cooperation.
Humans may just, someday, be capable of that.
We have a long way to go, though, and as world views go, secular humanism is the best overall set of guidelines I've yet seen.
Islam certainly doesn't hold a candle to it, nor does Christianity.
What common goals should the world agree on, and how will those goals be enforced?

You've said enough for me to believe that you don't have any malice in wanting a one world government, and I don't believe the soviets really intended to make the mess that they made in their own country and in their occupied territories.

Ultimately if you are going to say "Here is a list of rules/goals/laws that each country of the world has to abide by", and appoint a one world government to enforce it, then ultimately they will have to enforce it at gunpoint. You cannot for example, set out to spread women rights throughout the world by gunpoint, because that'll result in those women getting killed, and/or the men in their lives getting killed as well.

And countries are vastly different. You cannot champion for example, abortion in countries that don't have good abortion facilities. Lots of people may end sending themselves to their death.

A single party state in any country, is not beneficial to the country. So how can a single government ever be beneficial?

In my opinion, countries should be splitting up more, instead of combining, as the world population grows.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
A one world gov't doesn't have to be communist. Indeed, it couldn't be, that would never work. It would have to respect cultural differences among its populations, too, and have tons and tons of oversight, and be transparent.
Nation-states are imagined realities. They're created through the social, with flags and songs and so on. I kind of see gov't as elite rulers trying to protect their economic interests. I rarely see them as actually acting for the good of their people.
As international corporations gain in power, I thought that the power eroding from gov'ts might make them likely to join together (and they have in trade agreements, etc), but recently gov'ts are fighting back by created international agreements and sharing information on taxes - so now these multinationals won't be able to create tax havens (well, in the future). That sort of re-cements the power of gov't over their nations.
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
A one world government wouldn't be communist, but it indeed would have to enforce law by a coalition of foreign powers. That is a lot of power, too much power for a single government.

I of course do not favour huge power to multinational corporations either. Power needs to be redistributed and diffused. Unfortunately, most people don't care about power so power is relegated by default to the few people that do care, and those people are too few. And the fewer they get, the more dangerous the world will get. As it is, in the U.S., 1% controls most of the wealth. And what is the result? They now have a system of lobbying. If you have money, you can pay and influence policy in order to make more money. You can influence foreign affairs, trade agreements, even school education.

Now what nonsense is that? That is legalised bribery, and they politely call it lobbying.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You see God working in that girl's life? I don't.
I see the product, the failed product, that mankind has provided her.
God did not make her, her parents did.
God did not give her AIDS.
God did not kill her parents.
God did not make her and her brothers destitute.
But since she's gonna follow the same path as her folks, wind up pregnant with no chance of supporting a baby and having a baby that'll probably be born with AIDS, she isn't helping matters AT ALL.
Also, she's doing what she can to spread the AIDS virus as much as possible.
It's not God's fault. It's society's and it's hers.
Of course it is society's fault. But to blame her? That is absolutely sick. I do not blame you , though - I blame your Christian mindset.

Yes, she made a choice to sell her body, but it was a choice made to put food on the table. That is the only choice she made here.

She did not choose to be born in Africa, she did not choose to be born to a poor family from a poor community with almost no infrastructure. She did not choose to be born black, she did not choose to be raped. She did not choose to have siblings, she did not choose to live in a house with no access to water or electricity. She did not choose not to go to school. She did not choose to be HIV positive, she did not choose for her parents to die.

She came into this world with a losing hand. Where was your deity in this? Do you not think someone like her -and millions of others- deserve a better start, just for the simple fact that they are human?

My point is this: your deity seems totally and utterly unable to better her life. He seems unable to stop attrocities. He seems unable to thwart injustice.

Yet, he saved horse.

Can you at least see how sick this is?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....
"the truth about what you know"
Interesting.
So you might not necessarily be telling them the truth, just the truth about what you know....
You do your resewrch and provide answers as far as you know. That's all you can do. My father did not know a lot abojt dinosaurs, for instance. He knew when the fossil record showed their extinction. He knew one or two species. That was it. He was a programmer, not really his forte.

But I kept asking him about it. This was in the days before the internet took off, so no google and no wiki. They bought me books. They took me to library. So you yell the truth as far as you can and let the young mind investigate.

But deliberately telling a fib? An unsubstantiated story where some animal.gets smited down to a snake? That is wrong

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you read all of my post except for the last line: "Wear the cap as it fits."
Everyone should read the work of educated people, but to go a point like Myth Buster, forever quoting his atheist superiors in a "my mother used to say..." fashion, never presenting any opinion of his own, its just ridiculous. It's no different to those Iranian right wing nutters quoting the ayatollah for every stupid thing in their life.
There are plenty atheists that come and go on this thread who behave the same way, and plenty more that I know personally who are just the same. The atheist masses are the same as the fundie godbot masses, forever yearning for some form of order and power of the most absolute sense.
for all of your education
and regardless your intellect
you are a fundie

It is a disappointment, and a condemnation of your education.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
God has his own priorities.
He helped my sister find a snowblower once, too.
ya

I am in a parking lot, and I spy a spot, just over there; but as I approach the spot.... Poof a little car appears and parks.

a christian no doubt.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No experiments of God are yet possible.
That doesn't mean they are impossible.
That is why science and religion can never go hand in hand.

Science will only account for that which can be concluded or confirmed.

Religion will have belief in spite of lack of data, lack of observations, etc.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not afraid of her death like you are.
There is that sick Christian mentality again.

It's okay, let the poor girl suffer, when she dies, it will all be better. She will be in heaven, sip pina coladas all day, drive a Bentley and have a big house with swimming pool.

It is a sick, sick, sick way of looking at things. Instead of helping the girl, Christians would try and tell her that "it all gets better if you die".

Riiiiight

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min waaasssuuup 537,243
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 259,367
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Just Think 117,837
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,209
Was President Obama Born in Kenya? 7 min Obamanation 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Catcher1 172,983
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min KiMare 94,415
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr BenAdam 599,556

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••