In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Let me get this straight. Your deity would save a horse -something you call an answered prayer- and not save the world's children, because "people kill people"?

Have you any idea how twisted that sounds?
God has his own priorities.

He helped my sister find a snowblower once, too.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but that is sick. Your deity has been proven not to save millions of people from horrid, humiliating, unjustifiable an inhumane deaths. Milliins of men, women and children have had their dignity brutally taken away, before being slaughtered like animals. And to justify the obvious impotence of your deity, now Christians come up with garbage like "death is the beginning" and "they are in a better place", or the favourite, "no such suffering in heaven".

It is an argument that goes way past ridiculous and perverse.
You'd think he could at LEAST kill them mercifully.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

faams wrote:
First you prove that there is no God
the question is Prove there's a god. So your post is pointless.
We already know faith doesn't make it so. Just cause you may say there is, doesn't make it true. YOU CANNOT prove there is a god, no matter what you say, it isn't proof. You can't do it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>How about a gay atheist?
And for conclusive evidence that religion is going the way of the dinosaur, were not last anymore:

http://archives.religionnews.com/politics/ele...

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry hunny, but you need to re read the information in your own links, they do not support your intention.
There is lots of light in the EM band we cannot see, but we in fact can and do see the light in the visible spectrum.
It seems that you are unable to understand the science, you do not see the light, you see the effects of the light. Your eyes react to photons which are far too small to be seen. You think you see the light because your brain is telling you that the radiation your eyes have detected has been interpreted as light.

Which I know for a fact is a fact that the links I provided support

i.e. Each photon has a chance to be absorbed by the molecules in the rods and cones. This light energy is used to convert molecules in the cell to a higher energy state which sets off a cascade of flowing charges, becoming a signal to the brain.

And

When one of these photons enters your eye, these cells convert its energy into a nerve signal that registers in your brain.

Just because SF programs show green sh|t shooting out of space guns does not mean you can see light, FYI, those are just film effects to make it easier for people like you to comprehend that the bad guys are shooting.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
God has his own priorities.
He helped my sister find a snowblower once, too.
He helps a lot of sports teams win, though.

Too bad about those sick and needy kids. But they are bad kids! They need to glorify God, or else!!!

!!!!!

!!!!

!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
the question is Prove there's a god. So your post is pointless.
We already know faith doesn't make it so. Just cause you may say there is, doesn't make it true. YOU CANNOT prove there is a god, no matter what you say, it isn't proof. You can't do it.
Double Fine proves there is a god every morning Double Fine looks in the mirror

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that you are unable to understand the science, you do not see the light, you see the effects of the light. Your eyes react to photons which are far too small to be seen. You think you see the light because your brain is telling you that the radiation your eyes have detected has been interpreted as light.
i.e. Each photon has a chance to be absorbed by the molecules in the rods and cones. This light energy is used to convert molecules in the cell to a higher energy state which sets off a cascade of flowing charges, becoming a signal to the brain.
And
When one of these photons enters your eye, these cells convert its energy into a nerve signal that registers in your brain.
Just because SF programs show green sh|t shooting out of space guns does not mean you can see light, FYI, those are just film effects to make it easier for people like you to comprehend that the bad guys are shooting.
Can you do Double Fine a favour and type the word 'rod' a lot more?

Double Fine really likes how you type that word

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>It's so fascinating. Almost all atheists would claim to be individualistic, "free thinking", and independent minded.

Yet for many of you, it is blatant, you crave to be told what to think. You crave it even more than many theists do. You have this "no god" rule, yet you love others to define and champion your beliefs.

Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss, they are all like your priests. Look at how you quote them, like a good little minion.

And then there's the late Christopher Hitchens, or should we call him "Saint Hitchens", just for your sake?

And as if that is not bad enough, what is even more shocking is that some atheists even right over here, support the idea of a one world government! I can see now, how easy it was for Communism to take over Russia back then. You yearn for some kind of god. You are so afraid of chaos in any corner of the world, that you even entertain the idea of giving a single man, or a single government, absolute power.

Many atheists crave centralised power. You yearn for it, you crave for your own Vatican, your own Mecca, or your own Ganges River where you can wash Sam Harris's ass, collect the water in a bowl and drink it.

Wear the cap as it fits.
You've become radicalized.

Hopefully you have no plans to take flying lessons.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Riiight.

We have the following:

1) Fossil record of bats, as well as transitional species
2) Anatomical similarities with rodents
3) More than 96% DNA similarity with other rodents
4) Skeletal similarities with other rodents
5) Behavioural similarity with mammals is general; provides milk, nurtures young, a great deal of parental care to its young.

Furthermore, whales are mammals. Anacondas are snakes.

You claim to have a 150 IQ as well as a degree.

Riiiiight
That IQ is his family's total.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Double Fine is quite impressed by you.

Welcome to our sandbox.

Some are nice, some are rude. Some are stupid, some have brains. You will learn who has what between the ears.

As for the title of the thread. Double Fine is a self-procaimed deity. Double Fine has saved the world from asteroids, the deadly NTC-12 Virus and an attack of Zombie Vampires.

Double Fine has created, on his own, every animal alive, as well as those in the fossil record.

Thus, should anyone ask you to prove god, just say that he is on the thread here, the deity known as Double Fine. You shall then be promoted to the rank of disciple in the Double Fine Church of Lesbians.

In any event. Welcome to the thread :)
You missed a few zombies.

I saw Rob Zombie last night.

They're still very much alive and rocking.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That IQ is his family's total.
Extended family included, of course

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed a few zombies.
I saw Rob Zombie last night.
They're still very much alive and rocking.
Oh yeah? Was it good? My favourote Rob Zombie song is "Sick Bubblegum". Very weird track. "Dracula" is also good.

Who else was there?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That leftist has really gotten under your skin hey.
The left and right have divided this country, and are tearing it apart. I see this poster exactly like Piers Morgan, his input not wanted or needed, in short stay over there across the sea where you belong, and stop trying to shape America the way they want it.
The right is just as retarded, but they do agree on this point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol on that note. I watched "Battleship", last night on M-Net. What a horribly stupid movie! Also, stupid alien weapons. A race that is capable of hyperspace travel, armed with those sissy bombs? Gimme a break
My favourite alien movie is Independence Day. Now THOSE were aliens! Had the impenetrable force fields, laser blasters and the Wrath-of-God-Super-Mega-Massiv e-Lasercannon-That-Blasts-Huma nity-To-Kingdom-Come.
I can watch that movie over and over and over.
Actually both of them are idiotic, but have the elements of a good entertaining movies. But the science in both of them are dumb.
For one , what makes anyone think aliens would have symmetry , faces or be humanoid in appearance?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah? Was it good? My favourote Rob Zombie song is "Sick Bubblegum". Very weird track. "Dracula" is also good.

Who else was there?
Five Finger Death Punch, Machinehead, Mastadon, Amon Amarth, and a bunch of others I'd never heard of.

The ambulances were very busy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! I never thought about it that way. No kidding! If I re-engineered a T-rex, and set it loose in a park, I'd want really, really, really high walls and maybe a cortex bomb installed in it's skull. Then you could just press the button and boom! no more T-rex.
Perhaps it would be better to include a tranquilizer instead of a bomb? Then your investment would remain secure.

Age of dinosaurs , b movie... but humans make crunchy snacks out of themselves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And
You seem to miss the point , you are reducing vision to a neural process , and then calling it something else.
Vision by what ever process is vision, and we see light by it in the visible light range. You are saying we can't see anything that it is a brain process, true enough but that's just the way we see things.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you do Double Fine a favour and type the word 'rod' a lot more?
Double Fine really likes how you type that word
Rod, rod, rod, rod

Must be a Safa innuendo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 611,401 - 611,420 of679,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

680 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min No Shiite 216,758
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min wilderide 89,517
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min OldJG 511,962
Gay Snapchat Names 16 min Jeffeagle 1,323
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min Dr Shrink 596,492
White House says bad intelligence fed WMD claim (Apr '06) 34 min swedenforever 90
Bush job approval falls to 29 pct in new poll (May '06) 47 min swedenforever 64
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Aiso82 234
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Dang It 109,526
•••
•••
•••