|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Covert Stealth Ops wrote:
Why do atheists fear God?<quoted text>
Why do theists insist that there is a God? All of the proof says otherwise. And I'll be happy to prove that God does not exist, and I be happy to do so just as soon as you are finished presenting your proof that it does.

No proof = No God.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to miss the point , you are reducing vision to a neural process , and then calling it something else.
Vision by what ever process is vision, and we see light by it in the visible light range. You are saying we can't see anything that it is a brain process, true enough but that's just the way we see things.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that one to become untarded.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my iPhone was made in the US...
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
well aren't you special...
"Most of us probably already know why Apple outsources their manufacturing. Money. Not only is it cheaper to outsource to China, you can also hire workers much faster than in the US. Jennifer Rigoni, Apple’s former Worlwide Supply Demand Manager said “They could hire 3,000 people overnight. What U.S. plant can find 3,000 people overnight and convince them to live in dorms?”.
“The entire supply chain is in China now,” said another former high-ranking Apple executive.“You need a thousand rubber gaskets? That’s the factory next door. You need a million screws? That factory is a block away. You need that screw made a little bit different? It will take three hours.”
'twas a joke, ole chap.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, I'm sorry. Is that a "real" picture of Batman you got there?
lol

Don't make me post the laughing, farting kitty again!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Pomona isn't brain dead - far from it.
I can't speak for everyone, but for me, she's my shining knight, my response when I'm speechless, to the ridiculous, uneducated, unintellectual hatred that so many Christians post here.
Just as I don't see the trash that atheists post, Al, you don't see the trash that Christians post.
The difference between what, say, Dr. Shrink posts and what Pomona posts is that Pomona actually cares. She is deeply, deeply worried about people - you can see that in her absolute rejection of violence. Not a single time has Pomona threatened violence.
Yet I have been threatened so many times, Al, by people who believe they are Christians. Rape, murder, torture - whatever. Just show me a single quote where Pomona advocated such terrible, mindless, dehumanizing tactics, a single post.
It doesn't happen. She's harsh, yes, and she is nasty in her conveyance of what she believes to be a psychological problem, but she never, not once to my knowledge, advocates for violence.
And I will defend her.
I didn't expect that from you, Hiding.

Mythic Idiot is a troll, all she does is spew hatred, call people vile and vulgar names, and display ignorance every time she posts.

I thought you were more logical to accept that kind of posting, from either side of the fence.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
There's no disputing that the cognitive functioning of Covert Stealth Ops, Riverside Redneck, RetardoFire and Nanoanomaly has been significantly impaired by Christian brainwashing. The only question is which one of these national embarrassments is the most mentally retarded.
My vote is for Covert Stealth Ops as the meanest most vile and disgusting.

I think it is a tie between RetardoFire and Nanoanomaly for the most retarded.

And RR is the most dishonest, deceitful and deceptive.

All of our resident "simple minded" have been told that the Bible has no errors so each time I post one of them they make up some lie about how it doesn't mean what it says so that they can stay calm that what they were told was true.

This is all proof that Christianity is an abomination, a crime against humanity.

Quite honestly, I am glad that I am alive at a time in human history were such a barbaric religion with its killer God is being put in its coffin, and I also feel I am doing my share of hammering in the nails into Christianities coffin.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s not like you…(LOL)
Hehehe.

I'm trying for "nice".

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care how they treated each other back then, why do you?
The Indianapolis Star, one of the most conservative newspapers in the nation, has always quoted 2 cor. 3:17, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty," on the front of each and every issue. Yet, if the Bible were, indeed, the Word of God, as apologists allege, it would be difficult to find a comment more at variance with the facts. All of the following verses show the God of the Bible sanctioned, indeed, instituted slavery--the absence of liberty. "Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise (Deut. 15:17, KJV)." (In order to minimize the Bible's support for slavery, the King James translators used "servant" instead of "slave" in this verse and others. The RSV translators used "bondman." Any knowledgeable authority knows slaves are being discussed, and several versions, e.g. the NWT and Living Bible, are honest enough to admit as much.)
But to continue: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)." "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)." "I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)" (See also: Ex. 21:2-6, Deut. 15:12, 28:68, and Jer.27:8,12).

Apologists attempted to gloss over the situation by alleging these verses came from the God of the Old Testament and his laws, while the New Testament's God is supposedly one of love, liberty and compassion. If so, somebody forgot to tell Peter and Paul. The latter said: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)." "All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)." "Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)." "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)." Paul not only sanctions slavery but equates serving one's master with serving God. To serve one faithfully is to serve the other faithfully. Peter agrees with Paul: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Mental gimp! Back in the box with you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
nanoa-GNAT-omy!

"Buzz-buzz-buzzzz"

There's a dog penis somewhere with your name on it.

Now... SHOO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a death-denying cowardly Christian godbot and sociopathic punk when you started humiliating yourself and embarrassing your country in this forum with you absolutely pathetic rationalizations for your self-degrading cultist lifestyle. You're still a death-denying cowardly Christian godbot and sociopathic punk who should be totally ashamed of yourself.
-----Hiding------

You find this "christophobic" post to be acceptable?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I feel so outed....
I should have a real picture of myself posted, like Aura with his Batman pic.
Maybe you could play mumbley peg with him...

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/06/07/mumb...

...and do some manly bonding.

lol

It's all fun and games 'til somebody loses a toe.

xD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Please remember, you began this discussion asking about evidence, not observation, of abiogenesis. Those are different things. We have lots of evidence, no observation.
I don't recall about the paralegal. Yeah, legal English is hard to follow.
What's a "true scientist"? That's such a strange statement, I don't know where to being. Please keep in mind that scientists are people, nothing more. They are simply trained to observe the universe using specific tools (methodologies), and analyze their findings via math.
Otherwise, there's nothing whatsoever special about scientists. They, we, engage in political struggles, are corrupt, lie, make mistakes, etc., just like anyone else. It is a mistake to assume science is like dogma - it's not. Science is refined through trial and error and through correction.
Yes, I know. Why then, when I asked for evidence, did you post links to observations?

IMO, a true scientist is one that has no agenda or preconceived notions. One that doesn't allow opinions, money or politics interfere with their 'quest for knowledge'.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
So far none of our "simple minded" have offered a shred of proof. They are so confused, deeply held beliefs are not proof no matter how much and how often they claim they are.
And you have not proven that the supernatural does not exist.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Chris Herbst wrote:
There has been hundreds of prophecies over thousands of years that all have came true. So perfectly accurate and in perfect detail..
•Isaiah says: "...put on thy garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean." Yet, the uncircumcised have never stopped traveling through Jerusalem.

•In John 14:13-14 Jesus stated: "And whatsoever ye ask in my name I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son. If ye ask any thing in my name, I will do it." In reality, millions of people have made millions of requests in Jesus' name and failed to receive satisfaction. This promise or prophecy has failed completely.
•In 2 Chron. 1:7, 12 God said the following to Solomon: "Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee: and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like." This prophecy has also proved to be erroneous. There were several kings in his day, and thousands since, that could have thrown away the value of Palestine without missing the amount. The wealth of Solomon has been exceeded by many, and is small by today's standards.
•In 1 Thess. 4:16-17 Paul stated: "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord." Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of "we" clearly proves as much. It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.
•First Samuel 27:1 says: "And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Sual:..." Whether stated in or out of his heart David erred decisively. He did not die by the hand of Saul as he predicted, but appears to have died of old age, according to 1 Kings 2:10, which says: "So David slept with his fathers and was buried in the city of David." Having died before David, Saul couldn't have been responsible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm...no.
I can't do this justice, so I'm just going to direct you to the Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_ (biology)
Umm...yes.

"He distinguished two kingdoms of living things: Regnum Animale ('animal kingdom') for animals and Regnum Vegetabile ('vegetable kingdom') for plants."

Like I said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? There is no middle ground. There aren't even two polar grounds here.
Religion is just one more aspect of human behavior to be analyzed. It's a subject of science, not an informant of science.
You favor your religion, and imagine it to be somehow justifiably worthy of being somehow connected to science, but no. Nothing special separates your religion from any other; there's no reason to use any particular religion to inform science and find a "half=-way."
At this point, all religious precepts have been discounted. There's no bias here. All religions enjoy equal evidence, which is to say, none.
The fact that you write it as if we're supposed to assume your religion has some sort of precedence is not unexpected. All believers "know" their religion is the one, true religion and so would innately believe, without objective reason, that their religion meshes with science.
Sorry, but science doesn't. It deals purely with the material.
But you can change that! Just name one concrete way in which we can know that your religion, above all other religions, is real, the one, true religion.
I never made a claim about any true religion, and I don't know why you even bring it up.

You say science deals "purely with the material". What do you mean by that? Thoughts are not material, but science is trying to figure it out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
It was intended.
Your god seems to be only able to care fkr the rich kids
Huh....

I'm not rich and neither are my kids.

God seems to be watching over them...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong!
Prophecies, Promises, and Misquotes in the Bible:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/proph/long....
But you ask me what the scariest things are in Christianity: this infatuation with biblical prophecy and this notion that Jesus is going to come back as an avenging savior to kill all the bad people.
-- Sam Harris
What about this "prophecy"?

JESUS:[John 14:12,] "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth in me, the works that I do shall he also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

But what believer has ever done a miracle greater than those preformed by Jesus?

Fundies, please list the miracle that you have preformed that was greater than those alleged to Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Any system of indoctrination is wrong. Believing something that is wrong brings nothing good. So yes, I perpetuate it.
However,I do not use weapons
Indoctrination:

teaching someone to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

Is that what you think Christianity is all about?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:

No proof = no God.
So..... Before there was proof of DNA, there was no DNA.

Gotcha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 611,321 - 611,340 of719,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••