Prove there's a god.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#644477 Jul 24, 2013
sam364 wrote:
Hello I am a Muslim, and i can give u prof that there is a God.
There's no such thing as a Muslim. You should refer to yourself as a brainwashed godbot via Islam indoctrination. No one in the history of the human race has ever provided a single scientific observation in support of the juvenile concept of "God".

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#644478 Jul 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Blast.
I'm drawing a complete blank on a sci-fi writer (one of many) who's treated the notion of mechanical evolution.
Karel &#268;apek, of course, Asimov, Tanith Lee... but I can NOT remember one of my faves.
That is annoying. I can usually peg literary references.
Klepowsky?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#644479 Jul 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Klepowsky?
No, damnit. I'm irked.

Since: Nov 12

Camptonville, CA

#644480 Jul 24, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
God, Satan, Heaven and Hell are all myths created to control religiously retarded imbeciles like you. Grow up, kid!
But are you a coward? will you take a stand for your atheism and say that at your family reunion?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#644481 Jul 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Here, have a hankie.
It's clean, even.
Kelvin's a dude.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644482 Jul 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
But...but...you like Bud!
Blach!!!
And Aura has refined tastes.
:-p
Hey, that's cool.

More beer for me.

:p

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644483 Jul 24, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you're right! The godbots that frequently post in this forum are too scared shitless of dying to think for themselves.
Speak for yourself, brother.

I ain't askeered of death.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644484 Jul 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking where RR's mythological pal was.
I did. Sorta. We were giving out blankets, old clothes, canned foods, detergents, etc. There was a shelter were we did those things. Problem is, because many of these teens have no skills nor education, they turn to prostitustion very easily.
I know about the AIDS money. Sadly, it gets misappropriated. Very little of it goes into research and hospitals - it does buy some nice cars for the ruling class, though.
God didn't cause AIDS, famine or anything else you're taking about. Humans did.

He wants us to get ourselves out of our own mess.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644485 Jul 24, 2013
karl44 wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh.... ANd what scientific parents do? Teach children that nothing magically became something one time, then there was fish, then dinosaurs and now here we are. All from a magical, poofing big bang.
<quoted text>
the god poofed man from dirt. He poofed the universe from nothing.
See? Atheist biblical ignorance.

"In the beginning, God CREATED...."

Create.

Not poof.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644486 Jul 24, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
the rate of decline is increasing.
christians need pay tax, like honest citizens.
If a Christian is working, owns a home or buys goods, they pay tax.

What are you talking about? I pay a shitload of tax.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644487 Jul 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that? I understand that Christianity to you is vile. I get that. I understand that in the past, the Church has been responsible for some unspeakable actions. But that had been the action of men who hijacked the church due to their lust of power and ego trips.
Even today some members of the Church have misused that power.
But least be real Karl, ALL of Christianity is not that evil that you believe you see.
Just like Not all cops beat people, not all lawyers cheat (well, I'm sure that's up for debate lol!)
Not all Christians hate gays, burn witches or murder natives Karl.
I've had the pleasure in the past to work with a pastor who's love of Christ and Humanity left me speechless. Pastor Randy was one of those that you just knew was touched by God.
He drove an old beat up car, lived simply and his Church office was the Old coffee shop on Route 66. He was constantly seeking ways of helping those that had little in the ways of food or money for utilities, or clothes. Providing job training, tuition assistance, constantly looking and asking employers to consider this person or that person.
But you want to know what he provided most to the people? Hope. That's what he provided.
That's what HIS Christianity provided. Hope! Love and the belief that all was always going to be better.
There were times Karl that I would be exhausted after a long work day and Randy would call and say "Hey Al! I just received a large donation from Orowheat" or This restaurant or this place or that place and his enthusiasm was infectious.
"Let's go to the homeless camps, the rundown trailer parks" simple things that create big life changes towards others.
This is the Christianity I know Karl. Hope, love and pride in Christ.
Not the burnings, not the inquisitions and especially not the genocides, which is the only thing you see.
Great post, Al.

But RR fears it will fall on deaf ears.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644488 Jul 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Your horse prayer was selfish. It may have also been partially selfless, in that you may have genuinely wanted to spare your wife any pain (without any consideration for sparing yourself pain by proxy), but I'm sure that your emotions were also a factor. Also, I'd be willing to be that your twisted "save horse = glorify god" logic was not at play while you were actually praying.
And let's say god has saved millions of children - he has also allowed billions more to die. Mysterious, eh?
The glass is always half full to you, isn't it?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644489 Jul 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, Nano! You started the Skeptic one and you know it - calling me a liar doesn't change reality, oh immature one.
I was playing with you and, suddenly, you jumped all over insisting there were 3 of them. BTW, show us the Skeptic one you keep jabbering on about or STFU.

lol

Location hidden

#644490 Jul 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cool article. I wonder how metal based macro organisms would function? What would their cell structure look like? Would they be mkre like trees, fungi, animals or whatever?
Interesting thought - should they evolve into insect type life.. How strong do you reckon their ecsoskeletons would be?
Ah, echoes of the Andromeda Strain...metal based...eeeeeeee

Location hidden

#644491 Jul 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Metal certainly is harder, but more brittle and does not disperse shock. Methinks if you want to build an ecsoskeleton, you will have to make the metal more carbon-like, kind of defeating the purpose. But hey, it would be cool if it is at all possible for metal based life to develop!
Maybe a mix of graphene...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene#Biodevi... ;

...and silicone would be more resilient.

And add a little wishful thinking like in Weird Science.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644492 Jul 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That word you keep using... I do not think it means what you think it means.
Inconceivable!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644493 Jul 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's nice, but it's conjecture, and I am quite sure you were not worried about glorifying god while praying for your horse.
You're wrong.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644494 Jul 24, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
this is the voice of RR
the thought pattern, the cadence, the attitude
Ah, perfection.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#644495 Jul 24, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answers are getting sicker and more demented with every post.
You have a really perverted view of things, RR.
So......

That's a no.

Location hidden

#644496 Jul 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Christian is working, owns a home or buys goods, they pay tax.
What are you talking about? I pay a shitload of tax.
I was reading an article a few months ago that quoted on of Colorado's previous State Treasurers comments about our failing economy and it was not exactly encouraging. He said that between the baby boomers dying off, their kids and grandkids being unemployed/underemployed and the huge influx of illegals, that Colorado was running out of people "to" tax. I ain't worried about having a paddle when Shyt Creek dries up, but whether, or not, the pitbulls can sniff out my bunker.

>:[

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 29 min Freebird USA 30,843
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 52 min Doctor REALITY 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min Seentheotherside 687,215
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,313
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 3 hr Sandy 40
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) 4 hr Oneryders Daughter 13
More from around the web