Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#644175 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean "wrongish"?
http://scitechdaily.com/dna-study-reveals-clu...

Does that mean humans developed with less stress? If so, is that because of a brain more capable of adapting at an early period?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#644176 Jul 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The opposite. Less in error.
So, like, not quite right?
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#644178 Jul 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It leaves you as defective minds or souls that even the devil wouldn't want.
You have some weird logic.
How is my logic flawed? You've just said that Satan wants no part of our defective minds or souls. To never be bothered by the devil for whatever reason still sounds like a victory to me. Don't Christians strive their entire lives to be rid of Satan's influence, a daily struggle which, according to your own words, we atheists are now exempt?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#644179 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So, like, not quite right?
Atheists? In the head?

Yes.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#644181 Jul 22, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
How is my logic flawed? You've just said that Satan wants no part of our defective minds or souls. To never be bothered by the devil for whatever reason still sounds like a victory to me. Don't Christians strive their entire lives to be rid of Satan's influence, a daily struggle which, according to your own words, we atheists are now exempt?
What I said originally was Satan would not want Topix atheists as his poster boys.

If you could have understood that, which you didn't, and thank you very much for giving a fine living and immediate example of what I said, then the rest of what I said would have fallen in place.
Bongo

United States

#644182 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who actually began a thread just to attack one person, who acts like a junior high school girl in writing behind the scenes to get other posters to group attack posters you don't like, and who sent so many childish messages to me that I had to block you from pming me.
I think you hate me 'cause I'm not a guy and have no interest in sleeping with you. And I'm basing that on the strange and annoying pms you sent me. Also, I'm just more awesome, in every way :)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:p
....wow

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#644183 Jul 22, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>....wow
Yeah, crazy huh. Oh, well.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#644184 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't dance?!? So...do we just sit and talk then?
Hey, Al, I was in Church! A whole bunch! In Spain, it was 'cause I was visiting the cathedrals. Very amazing works of architecture. My, ah, friend I was traveling with, an anthropologist, was confused by all the alcoves and asked "so, is this a different deity in your pantheon?" But the priest didn't exactly know how to answer that...
The strangest one was Gaudi. Best acoustics by far, but it has a Jesus figure that's nailed to a cross being dragged by a parasail. I found that very, very odd.
The other time was a real sermon. A friend was playing the piano for the church, so I had to go. I couldn't stay for the sermon, though, it was too strange for me.
But I was there :)
Awesome! I'd love to visit some of the grand cathedrals around the world.But that will never happen.

So no lighting hit you? Lol!

Even if one doesn't agree with Christianity, one can still appreciate the great architecture and art
That it brought about.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#644185 Jul 22, 2013
Correction: lightning!!!!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644186 Jul 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your honesty. I can also respect not advocating violence. God knows I've done my fair share in the past.
Please take the time to read Pomona's posts as they are filled with hate. Neither you nor I approve of hate yet you approved of Pomona's posts.
I still love ya but was slightly taken aback.
Myth Buster's tone is not one of a pacifist.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#644187 Jul 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
Yeah, really.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#644188 Jul 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Myth Buster's tone is not one of a pacifist.
Not sure what MB problem is...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644189 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who actually began a thread just to attack one person, who acts like a junior high school girl in writing behind the scenes to get other posters to group attack posters you don't like, and who sent so many childish messages to me that I had to block you from pming me.
I think you hate me 'cause I'm not a guy and have no interest in sleeping with you. And I'm basing that on the strange and annoying pms you sent me. Also, I'm just more awesome, in every way :)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:p
Awesomely full of shyt is more like it.

Bob deserved flaming.:p

And my losing interest in pming you is typical for me. I told boooots that I rarely pm "anyone" more than a few times. I get bored easy and don't want to encourage any bonding with people here. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings ya big baby. Get over it already.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644190 Jul 22, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>....wow
Hiding doesn't take being ignored well.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644191 Jul 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what MB problem is...
No?

He's just following the New Atheism/Four Horsemen script of abuse of people who believe in the supernatural. I think they get badges or pins for each person they imagine that they have successfully beat down psychologically. ;)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#644192 Jul 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome! I'd love to visit some of the grand cathedrals around the world.But that will never happen.
So no lighting hit you? Lol!
Even if one doesn't agree with Christianity, one can still appreciate the great architecture and art
That it brought about.
hahaha! The lightning struck, but I dodged, and it killed a cute kitten standing near me.

How terrible.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644193 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, crazy huh. Oh, well.
Says the nut who asked for my email address.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#644194 Jul 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Awesomely full of shyt is more like it.
Bob deserved flaming.:p
And my losing interest in pming you is typical for me. I told boooots that I rarely pm "anyone" more than a few times. I get bored easy and don't want to encourage any bonding with people here. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings ya big baby. Get over it already.
You started a hate thread about Bob, too??? I was talking about the one you started about the atheist with the T-rex for a picture. Can't remember his name now.

Baby, you stopped pming me 'cause I blocked your crazy ass. I didn't want to be bothered by childish plots - left those behind in junior high.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644195 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! The lightning struck, but I dodged, and it killed a cute kitten standing near me.
How terrible.
Yes...a kitten would be a greater loss by far than you ever will be, nutcase.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#644196 Jul 22, 2013
Oh crap, I forgot about Drew...briefly.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAa ...HA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 min MIDutch 20
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Happy Lesbo 70,734
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 6 min gundee123 4,998
Does watching interracial porn excite you (Mar '12) 14 min mmmmm 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Blink 282,971
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 23 min Poppyann 3,026
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min truth 658,652
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 52 min BadMan 97
More from around the web