Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing my laundry and playing on Topix at the same time?
It better get done, woman.
I suppose someone needs to be doing something while you work on that mighty posting score...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian cult seems to be fighting back by preaching young earth creationism and mindless acceptance of biblical bullshit. We can hope that this strategy will backfire, but our country is still infested with mentally retarded Christian godbots incapable of grasping irrefutable facts in contradiction to their programming.
Yes, the Pew Warmers are not going to go down with out a fight. All they have is hearsay and their low IQ, but it is enough to keep them defending the worlds most insane and contradictory book. They have no honor as they believe it is acceptable to BibleGod to lie for BibleGod.

As more children go to school with children who's parents have warned them about Christians and these children have their friends and class mates tell them they are full of shit, the less chance they will continue to trust their parents and continue to believe biblical nonsense.

Our resident apologists are very sick and disturbed individuals and they are so extremely delusional that it really doesn't do any good for them to reply with facts, however replying with facts does help those who are still sitting on the fence, which is why I continue to put up with their mosquito like tactics, their lies, their dirty tricks and their deceptions. While dishonest people like RR can not be helped he does offer the opportunity to expose his dog and pony show and for normal people to see that he really does not have any honest answers.

I have already thanked him for helping increase our numbers while diminishing his own. He doesn't even see when he shoots himself in the foot like he so often does.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
QUICK! Move the goalposts! Don't keep talking about sick people!!
QUICK! Ignore what you posted!

You said your god doesn't cause people to die.

Your bible says otherwise. I don't give a crap which translation you're pushing.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, honestly. I'm still trying to figure it out. There's nothing in Genesis that leads us to believe its allegorical. But science says otherwise...
I am not trying to change the Bible based on science, and I'm trying to change science based on the Bible.
Someday we'll understand it all.
You want to take the truth , and turn it into allegorical biblical
nonsense. Yeah we got that much.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*pours Hukt a cup of coffee*
*with Bailey's*
No Bailey's, please.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose someone needs to be doing something while you work on that mighty posting score...
Well, while she's working o my laundry, you could be mopping the floor for her....

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious indoctrination requires ignorance and cowardice resulting in arrogance and intolerance. It's truly astounding to see the arrogance of mentally retarded godbots in this forum on a daily basis.
It is like being in a swarm of mosquito's. And still they have not offered a single shred of evidence that their imaginary sky fairy exists.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How to make it very strong yet flexible.
Is that what science is doing for the Bible?

Nope!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to take the truth , and turn it into allegorical biblical
nonsense. Yeah we got that much.
I haven't attempted to turn Genesis into anything allegorical.

I said "I don't know".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Pew Warmers are not going to go down with out a fight.
We aren't going down at all. Christianity is rising faster than the world's population is....

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible says otherwise. I don't give a crap which translation you're pushing.
GOD KILLS REPEATEDLY: "there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the 250 men that offered incense" (Num. 16:35). "the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died" (Num. 21:6). "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal...." (Deut. 32:39). "The Lord smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people 50,070 men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter" (1 Sam. 6:19). "The Lord kills, and makes alive: he brings down to the grave, and brings up" (1 Sam. 2:6). "the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them...." (1 Sam. 5:6). "it came to pass about 10 days after, that the Lord smote Nabal, that he died" (1 Sam. 25:38). "Who smote great nations and slew mighty kings...." (Psalms 135:10). "For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many" (Isaiah 66:16). "I will dash them one against another, even the father and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them" (Jer. 13:14). "I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword...." (Amos 4:10). "For our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29). Also note: Gen. 38:7,10, Ex. 22:23-24, Num. 11:1, Deut. 32:41-42, Joshua 10:10-11, 1 Sam. 5:9, Psalms 136:17-18, Hosea 9:16, Amos 2:3, Ex. 4:24, 2 Sam. 6:6-7, and 2 Kings 5:7.

GOD ORDERS KILLING: "ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. And five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put 10,000 to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword" (Lev. 26:7-8). "the Lord said to Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel. And Moses said to the judges of Israel. Slay every one his men that were joined to Baal" (Num. 25:4-5). "Vex the Midianites and smite them" (Num. 25:17). "But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breathes. But thou shalt utterly destroy them...as the Lord thy God has commanded thee" (Deut. 20:16-17). "So Joshua smote all the country of the hills...he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord God of Israel commanded" (Joshua 10:40). "As I listened, god said to the others,'Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children...." (Ezek. 9:5-6). "And the Lord sent you on a mission, saying 'Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.'" (1 Sam. 15:18). "Attack the land of Merathaim and those who live in Pekod. Pursue, kill and completely destroy them' declares the Lord. Do everything I have commanded you" (Jer. 50:21). "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Sam. 15:3). Also note: Ex. 32:27-28, Num. 21:34-35, 31:7-8, 35:19-21, and Jer. 48:10.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

GOD KILLS REPEATEDLY: "there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the 250 men that offered incense" (Num. 16:35). "the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died" (Num. 21:6). "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal...." (Deut. 32:39). "The Lord smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people 50,070 men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter" (1 Sam. 6:19). "The Lord kills, and makes alive: he brings down to the grave, and brings up" (1 Sam. 2:6). "the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them...." (1 Sam. 5:6). "it came to pass about 10 days after, that the Lord smote Nabal, that he died" (1 Sam. 25:38). "Who smote great nations and slew mighty kings...." (Psalms 135:10). "For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many" (Isaiah 66:16). "I will dash them one against another, even the father and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them" (Jer. 13:14). "I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword...." (Amos 4:10). "For our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29). Also note: Gen. 38:7,10, Ex. 22:23-24, Num. 11:1, Deut. 32:41-42, Joshua 10:10-11, 1 Sam. 5:9, Psalms 136:17-18, Hosea 9:16, Amos 2:3, Ex. 4:24, 2 Sam. 6:6-7, and 2 Kings 5:7.

GOD ORDERS KILLING: "ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. And five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put 10,000 to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword" (Lev. 26:7-8). "the Lord said to Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel. And Moses said to the judges of Israel. Slay every one his men that were joined to Baal" (Num. 25:4-5). "Vex the Midianites and smite them" (Num. 25:17). "But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breathes. But thou shalt utterly destroy them...as the Lord thy God has commanded thee" (Deut. 20:16-17). "So Joshua smote all the country of the hills...he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord God of Israel commanded" (Joshua 10:40). "As I listened, god said to the others,'Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children...." (Ezek. 9:5-6). "And the Lord sent you on a mission, saying 'Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.'" (1 Sam. 15:18). "Attack the land of Merathaim and those who live in Pekod. Pursue, kill and completely destroy them' declares the Lord. Do everything I have commanded you" (Jer. 50:21). "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Sam. 15:3). Also note: Ex. 32:27-28, Num. 21:34-35, 31:7-8, 35:19-21, and Jer. 48:10.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for sure! There are many, many people that still cling to the medieval translation of the KJV and swear it's the right one.
Even though, as you said, language evidence is conclusive that it was written as 'young woman' and not 'virgin'. And as I said, it was written as 'wilderness' and not 'desert'.
You think it possible that Mary was knocked up?

That is... in the "conventional" manner?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

GOD ORDERS A MAN TO PURCHASE HIS WIFE: "The Lord said to me,'Go show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adultress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods.... So I brought her for 15 shekels of silver and about a homer and a half of barley. Then I told her,'You are to live with me many days...." (Hosea 3:1-3).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You are correct.

I miswrote what I meant, which should've been:

God doesn't murder people or sentence them to death for no reason.

See how translation makes so much of a difference?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what science is doing for the Bible?
Nope!
Nope. Science is doing other good things for the Bible.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't going down at all. Christianity is rising faster than the world's population is....
No, it isn't.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/268957

Religion losing in America.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it possible that Mary was knocked up?
That is... in the "conventional" manner?
In a slang way, I suppose. Knocked up means to get pregnant, typically outside of marriage...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 611,001 - 611,020 of719,757
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

477 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min TheBlackSheep 223,970
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Just Sayin 532,202
Most # 1 NBA draft picks start with crummy team... 7 min Doctor REALITY 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,923
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min NEWS-FLASH 172,170
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 93,639
Tony Dungy is a REAL Hero for the Holy Bible!! 36 min Doctor REALITY 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Porkpie Hat 256,334
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••