“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#643706 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Science is doing other good things for the Bible.
The only thing science is doing to the Bible, is ripping it apart.

#643707 Jul 22, 2013
Covert Stealth Ops wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument is that the bat is not a bird. Based on what? Subjective species classifications, which are often wrong.
Is a duck a bird, fish or something else? What about a whale, fish or mammal? Anaconda, snake or fish? Alligator, fish or reptile?
When you decide, then decide based on what did you draw your conclusions.
Also, time and light years, light years measure distance and not time, so how do you measure how old the earth is?
Riiight.

We have the following:

1) Fossil record of bats, as well as transitional species
2) Anatomical similarities with rodents
3) More than 96% DNA similarity with other rodents
4) Skeletal similarities with other rodents
5) Behavioural similarity with mammals is general; provides milk, nurtures young, a great deal of parental care to its young.

Furthermore, whales are mammals. Anacondas are snakes.

You claim to have a 150 IQ as well as a degree.

Riiiiight

#643708 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they realize its a myth.
Why do adults start believing in God?
Culture

#643709 Jul 22, 2013
Malleus Maleficarum wrote:
<quoted text>
i just did, got aything else?
Double Fine is quite impressed by you.

Welcome to our sandbox.

Some are nice, some are rude. Some are stupid, some have brains. You will learn who has what between the ears.

As for the title of the thread. Double Fine is a self-procaimed deity. Double Fine has saved the world from asteroids, the deadly NTC-12 Virus and an attack of Zombie Vampires.

Double Fine has created, on his own, every animal alive, as well as those in the fossil record.

Thus, should anyone ask you to prove god, just say that he is on the thread here, the deity known as Double Fine. You shall then be promoted to the rank of disciple in the Double Fine Church of Lesbians.

In any event. Welcome to the thread :)

#643710 Jul 22, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if I were the aliens and wanted to invade earth, I wouldn't want any of my scouts to be seen.
Have to maintain surprise.
:)
Lol on that note. I watched "Battleship", last night on M-Net. What a horribly stupid movie! Also, stupid alien weapons. A race that is capable of hyperspace travel, armed with those sissy bombs? Gimme a break

My favourite alien movie is Independence Day. Now THOSE were aliens! Had the impenetrable force fields, laser blasters and the Wrath-of-God-Super-Mega-Massiv e-Lasercannon-That-Blasts-Huma nity-To-Kingdom-Come.

I can watch that movie over and over and over.

#643711 Jul 22, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so fascinating. Almost all atheists would claim to be individualistic, "free thinking", and independent minded.
Yet for many of you, it is blatant, you crave to be told what to think. You crave it even more than many theists do. You have this "no god" rule, yet you love others to define and champion your beliefs.
Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss, they are all like your priests. Look at how you quote them, like a good little minion.
And then there's the late Christopher Hitchens, or should we call him "Saint Hitchens", just for your sake?
And as if that is not bad enough, what is even more shocking is that some atheists even right over here, support the idea of a one world government! I can see now, how easy it was for Communism to take over Russia back then. You yearn for some kind of god. You are so afraid of chaos in any corner of the world, that you even entertain the idea of giving a single man, or a single government, absolute power.
Many atheists crave centralised power. You yearn for it, you crave for your own Vatican, your own Mecca, or your own Ganges River where you can wash Sam Harris's ass, collect the water in a bowl and drink it.
Wear the cap as it fits.
They do have a god and champion.

The Messiah of the Informed Masses

The Champion of the Underdog

The Bringer of Light

And The Custodian of the Lesbian Hordes

Fine

Refined

Double Fine

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#643712 Jul 22, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so fascinating. Almost all atheists would claim to be individualistic, "free thinking", and independent minded.
Yet for many of you, it is blatant, you crave to be told what to think. You crave it even more than many theists do. You have this "no god" rule, yet you love others to define and champion your beliefs.
Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss, they are all like your priests. Look at how you quote them, like a good little minion.
And then there's the late Christopher Hitchens, or should we call him "Saint Hitchens", just for your sake?
And as if that is not bad enough, what is even more shocking is that some atheists even right over here, support the idea of a one world government! I can see now, how easy it was for Communism to take over Russia back then. You yearn for some kind of god. You are so afraid of chaos in any corner of the world, that you even entertain the idea of giving a single man, or a single government, absolute power.
Many atheists crave centralised power. You yearn for it, you crave for your own Vatican, your own Mecca, or your own Ganges River where you can wash Sam Harris's ass, collect the water in a bowl and drink it.
Wear the cap as it fits.
That's a pretty weak argument. You're basically saying that, because we're atheists, we shouldn't read the writings of educated people.

Your second ridiculous attack goes as far as claiming that atheists aren't human; we aren't allowed to be social in the strange view you're expressing.

Your straw man atheist here, which none of us is, lives as an individual, doesn't read and is influenced by no one - abject fantasy. Not sure where you developed that crazy idea.

The reality is that most atheists from Christian cultures have been inundated by Christianity. They know tons about that religion, but very little about any other (just think how your own religion is misunderstood here), and less about how to not be religions. So people like Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris present excellent critiques of religion and interesting ways of thinking about religion through non-religious viewpoints. For those people uncomfortably trapped in the bounds of religion, but have little or no access to people like them, these writers are a boon.

In fact, I know an Iranian atheist. He grew up "understanding" that the Muslim churches in Iran were led by insane, irrational people. The horrors he describes from the education system there turned him into an atheist - when he came to do his MA/PhD, engineering, in the USA, he's never been more free - and doesn't want to go back to a nation ruled by an unrepentant religious elite.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#643713 Jul 22, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol on that note. I watched "Battleship", last night on M-Net. What a horribly stupid movie! Also, stupid alien weapons. A race that is capable of hyperspace travel, armed with those sissy bombs? Gimme a break
My favourite alien movie is Independence Day. Now THOSE were aliens! Had the impenetrable force fields, laser blasters and the Wrath-of-God-Super-Mega-Massiv e-Lasercannon-That-Blasts-Huma nity-To-Kingdom-Come.
I kind of liked Battlefield LA better than Independence Day. The aliens had just better tech than we did, so we could fight them back. I never bought the aliens are immeasurably more technologically awesome than we are, but we can beat them with a computer virus written on a Mac.

btw, great posts :)

Since: May 11

UK

#643714 Jul 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen it written slightly different too, so what? The message was the same, just like the "love" quote has been worded different on different sources. I can't imagine that any of the radicals here who are so hot to censor Christians would ever be fans of Voltaire; the man had integrity, you and your pack do not.
You've seen it written 'slightly different'...I suppose non-existent can probably be classed as more than slightly different.

How you imagine Voltaire applies to anything is by the by, you made a common mistake and misquoted him now you're doing an academic fandango and failing.

Get over it dude.

Since: Sep 10

Hong Kong

#643715 Jul 22, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry, but that is sick. Your deity has been proven not to save millions of people from horrid, humiliating, unjustifiable an inhumane deaths. Milliins of men, women and children have had their dignity brutally taken away, before being slaughtered like animals. And to justify the obvious impotence of your deity, now Christians come up with garbage like "death is the beginning" and "they are in a better place", or the favourite, "no such suffering in heaven".
It is an argument that goes way past ridiculous and perverse.
Hey Double Fine.

These are the same people who thank their god for saving their lives in a tornado, while their neighbors perish.

I just shake my head.

Hong Kong

#643716 Jul 22, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine is quite impressed by you.
Welcome to our sandbox.
Some are nice, some are rude. Some are stupid, some have brains. You will learn who has what between the ears.
As for the title of the thread. Double Fine is a self-procaimed deity. Double Fine has saved the world from asteroids, the deadly NTC-12 Virus and an attack of Zombie Vampires.
Double Fine has created, on his own, every animal alive, as well as those in the fossil record.
Thus, should anyone ask you to prove god, just say that he is on the thread here, the deity known as Double Fine. You shall then be promoted to the rank of disciple in the Double Fine Church of Lesbians.
In any event. Welcome to the thread :)
The alternative, of course is The Holy Church of Catcher.

No rituals, no dogma.

And best of all, best Happy Hour anywhere.

Can't beat that.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#643717 Jul 22, 2013
Covert Stealth Ops wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument is that the bat is not a bird. Based on what? Subjective species classifications, which are often wrong.
Wow. You seriously believe that a bat is a bird? You've never heard of morphology or genetics?

Just look at the skeletons - they are widely different. Not to mention the metabolisms, development and genetics. In fact, they are so different, this was realized more than 300 years ago by the Christian who gave us our classification system, Linnaeus.

The problem of the subjective nature of classifying species only happens in very closely morphologically related populations of organisms that are now fossils, like in archaic Homo erectus, and some bivalves. In extant species, our classification system is not subjective. It's based on genetics, morphology and development.
Is a duck a bird, fish or something else? What about a whale, fish or mammal? Anaconda, snake or fish? Alligator, fish or reptile? When you decide, then decide based on what did you draw your conclusions.
I'm assuming you're joking. No one could be this uneducated.
Also, time and light years, light years measure distance and not time, so how do you measure how old the earth is?
The above is a nonsensical, ignorant and uneducated question. Are you a POE? Just faking being ridiculously stupid to pretend to be a creationist?

If you truly are a creationist, wow, you've taken the prize for least educated and most confused.

#643718 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of liked Battlefield LA better than Independence Day. The aliens had just better tech than we did, so we could fight them back. I never bought the aliens are immeasurably more technologically awesome than we are, but we can beat them with a computer virus written on a Mac.
btw, great posts :)
Shhh! Independence Day is the most awesome and that's the END OF IT! They had super death explosive ray and that makes it the coolest. End of discussion.

LOL, the virus is a lame touch, I admit. Kind of like Jurassic Park (also a Double Fine favourite). So they make this big dino park filled with some beasties up to 50 tons. What do they use for Park Security? A 1970's tank? Fighter Jets? An Apache Longbow? A team of commandoes? No. A singke Australian in khaki shorts, sporting a hunting rifle.

#643719 Jul 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Double Fine.
These are the same people who thank their god for saving their lives in a tornado, while their neighbors perish.
I just shake my head.
Yo Catcher.

It's like God is praised for every favourabke outcome, and for every non-favourable one, he is blameless.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#643720 Jul 22, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhh! Independence Day is the most awesome and that's the END OF IT! They had super death explosive ray and that makes it the coolest. End of discussion.
LOL, the virus is a lame touch, I admit. Kind of like Jurassic Park (also a Double Fine favourite). So they make this big dino park filled with some beasties up to 50 tons. What do they use for Park Security? A 1970's tank? Fighter Jets? An Apache Longbow? A team of commandoes? No. A singke Australian in khaki shorts, sporting a hunting rifle.
hahaha! I never thought about it that way. No kidding! If I re-engineered a T-rex, and set it loose in a park, I'd want really, really, really high walls and maybe a cortex bomb installed in it's skull. Then you could just press the button and boom! no more T-rex.

Perhaps it would be better to include a tranquilizer instead of a bomb? Then your investment would remain secure.

#643721 Jul 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The alternative, of course is The Holy Church of Catcher.
No rituals, no dogma.
And best of all, best Happy Hour anywhere.
Can't beat that.
Double Fine has plenty of dogma.'Double Fine, most humble of all', or 'Double Fine, the emmisary of Excellence!' and those type of stuff are repeated.

Rituals also take place frequently, which usually starts and ends off as a hot tub session with some lesbians.

Hong Kong

#643722 Jul 22, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine has plenty of dogma.'Double Fine, most humble of all', or 'Double Fine, the emmisary of Excellence!' and those type of stuff are repeated.
Rituals also take place frequently, which usually starts and ends off as a hot tub session with some lesbians.
The Church of Double Blasphemy.

That's Fine with me.

#643723 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! I never thought about it that way. No kidding! If I re-engineered a T-rex, and set it loose in a park, I'd want really, really, really high walls and maybe a cortex bomb installed in it's skull. Then you could just press the button and boom! no more T-rex.
Perhaps it would be better to include a tranquilizer instead of a bomb? Then your investment would remain secure.
Well, had it been me, I would have a few guards armed with trank as first line of defense. Have an armed helicopter and two or three tanks ready on the island. For the raptors, sidearms and a riot car should be enough. Problem solvo!

On a tangent, I don't know whether you have read Micha Crichton's Jurassic Park and Lost World? Pretty good reads, plus you see how Spielberg botched the story.

What I like about those books,it was written early 90's, when we still were not sure about what caused the K-T extinction event. Ian Malcom's Chaos Theory is almost as whack as the Gospel of The Dave Nelson!

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#643724 Jul 22, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Independence day was the best alien movie of all time. Nothing else compared. I even found War of the Worlds bland.

Battleship was entertaining. But yeah, a senseless movie! It was a good concept, as not many great sea battle movies around, but they could've done a hell of a lot more.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#643725 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty weak argument. You're basically saying that, because we're atheists, we shouldn't read the writings of educated people.
Your second ridiculous attack goes as far as claiming that atheists aren't human; we aren't allowed to be social in the strange view you're expressing.
Your straw man atheist here, which none of us is, lives as an individual, doesn't read and is influenced by no one - abject fantasy. Not sure where you developed that crazy idea.
The reality is that most atheists from Christian cultures have been inundated by Christianity. They know tons about that religion, but very little about any other (just think how your own religion is misunderstood here), and less about how to not be religions. So people like Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris present excellent critiques of religion and interesting ways of thinking about religion through non-religious viewpoints. For those people uncomfortably trapped in the bounds of religion, but have little or no access to people like them, these writers are a boon.
In fact, I know an Iranian atheist. He grew up "understanding" that the Muslim churches in Iran were led by insane, irrational people. The horrors he describes from the education system there turned him into an atheist - when he came to do his MA/PhD, engineering, in the USA, he's never been more free - and doesn't want to go back to a nation ruled by an unrepentant religious elite.
I see you read all of my post except for the last line: "Wear the cap as it fits."

Everyone should read the work of educated people, but to go a point like Myth Buster, forever quoting his atheist superiors in a "my mother used to say..." fashion, never presenting any opinion of his own, its just ridiculous. It's no different to those Iranian right wing nutters quoting the ayatollah for every stupid thing in their life.

There are plenty atheists that come and go on this thread who behave the same way, and plenty more that I know personally who are just the same. The atheist masses are the same as the fundie godbot masses, forever yearning for some form of order and power of the most absolute sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panfu Hack 2013 | Free Coins (Oct '13) 18 min Anonymous 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min truth 579,656
can i get a little help from the guys? 26 min Jessika1995 2
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 1 hr richyric 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 610,080
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 2,101
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 2 hr AlmostDied 292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Aura Mytha 270,227
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 40,005
More from around the web