Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#643865 Jul 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>This is the U.S.A.; people can still think as they please, freak.
There has been no evidence that St. Paul's "simple minded" think.

No proof = no God.

Location hidden

#643866 Jul 22, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You know. Don't act like you don't.
Exactly. RR knows exactly what this discussion thread is all about, an opportunity for him to present his proof that his assertion that a magical supernatural invisible beings exists, wrote a book and created the Universe although it has no creator itself.

He exists to waste our time because he has no proof:

No proof = no God.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#643867 Jul 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually both of them are idiotic, but have the elements of a good entertaining movies. But the science in both of them are dumb.
For one , what makes anyone think aliens would have symmetry , faces or be humanoid in appearance?
True enough.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2010/03/...

And there's always the possibility that, if any exist, they might be observable, "dimensionally". There are things that our naked eyes cannot see and "alien" doesn't necessarily mean they have to have originated "inside" the universe we see.

Location hidden

#643868 Jul 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you prefer the ancient Spartans idea of love and romance? Men weren't much more civilized than jackals in those days. Not towards women anyway.
And maybe you prefer lying to telling the truth. And if men behaved badly towards women I blame your stupid Bible.

In both the Old and New Testaments women are assigned a position not appreciably different from that of domestic servants. Their status is demeaning, debilitating, and wholly incompatible with self-respect and confidence. Except for Mary, Eve, Ruth, Sarah, Rachel, and a few lesser figures, few biblical women have roles of significance, and even fewer are worthy of emulation. Eve, for example, is blamed for the creation of Original Sin. The Bible says as much: "For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)." Is it any wonder that women's groups oppose this narrative? With his usual wit, Ingersoll once observed: "...nearly every religion has accounted for all the devilment in this world by the crime of woman. What a gallant thing that is! And if it is true, I had rather live with the woman I love in a world full of trouble, than to live in heaven with nothing but men (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. I, p.358)." One of the saddest and most perplexing dilemmas one can experience in modern society is confronting women who strongly believe and defend a book that so clearly assigns them a degrading and subservient status. How do you reach those who are defending a philosophy that is so totally opposed to their interests? To use the vernacular, the Bible is sexist and permeated with male supremacy, as the following verses show only to well: "...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)." "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)." "Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)." "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)." Anyone desiring more proof should read: Deut. 21:10-14, 24:1-4, Judges 5:30, Esther 1:20-22, Rom. 7:2, 1 Col. 3:18, Titus 2:4-5, 1 Peter 3:1, Lev. 12:2, 5, Gen. 3:20.

If these are not sufficient, there are more. The evidence is overwhelming. Apologists try to soft-pedal the entire matter, but facts are stubborn things. It isn't just Paul, but the entire Bible that's guilty. Is it any wonder that feminist Elizabeth Cady Stanton, once said: "The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling-blocks in the way of woman's emancipation (Free Thought Magazine, Vol. 14, 1896)." "I know of no other book that so fully teaches the subjection and degradation of women (Eight Years and More, Elizabeth C. Stanton, p. 395)." Not to be outdone, Ingersoll again displayed his wisdom by saying: "...it (the bible) is not the friend of woman. They will find that the writers of that book, for the most part, speak of woman as a poor beast of burden, a serf, a drudge, a kind of necessary evil--as mere property (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 12, p.43)." "As long as woman regards the Bible as the charter of her rights, she will be the slave of man. The Bible was not written by a woman. Within its lids there is nothing but humiliation and shame for her. She is regarded as the property of man.... She is as much below her husband, as her husband is below Christ (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. I, p. 396)." But, perhaps, George Foote made the most poignant comment of all: "It will be the proud boast of woman that she never contributed a line to the Bible."

Location hidden

#643869 Jul 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been no evidence that St. Paul's "simple minded" think.
No proof = no God.
Your first sentence has bad syntax, please reword it so it's understandable.

Location hidden

#643870 Jul 22, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No...
You jumped the gun and called me a liar.
I went back and looked. I understand now. You thought my comment about 'never having heard of most of those' was in response to another's post regarding a few authors you hate. It wasn't.
You're excused.
Mental gimp! Back in the box with you!

Location hidden

#643871 Jul 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And maybe you prefer lying to telling the truth. And if men behaved badly towards women I blame your stupid Bible.
In both the Old and New Testaments women are assigned a position not appreciably different from that of domestic servants. Their status is demeaning, debilitating, and wholly incompatible with self-respect and confidence. Except for Mary, Eve, Ruth, Sarah, Rachel, and a few lesser figures, few biblical women have roles of significance, and even fewer are worthy of emulation. Eve, for example, is blamed for the creation of Original Sin. The Bible says as much: "For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)." Is it any wonder that women's groups oppose this narrative? With his usual wit, Ingersoll once observed: "...nearly every religion has accounted for all the devilment in this world by the crime of woman. What a gallant thing that is! And if it is true, I had rather live with the woman I love in a world full of trouble, than to live in heaven with nothing but men (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. I, p.358)." One of the saddest and most perplexing dilemmas one can experience in modern society is confronting women who strongly believe and defend a book that so clearly assigns them a degrading and subservient status. How do you reach those who are defending a philosophy that is so totally opposed to their interests? To use the vernacular, the Bible is sexist and permeated with male supremacy, as the following verses show only to well: "...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)." "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)." "Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)." "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)." Anyone desiring more proof should read: Deut. 21:10-14, 24:1-4, Judges 5:30, Esther 1:20-22, Rom. 7:2, 1 Col. 3:18, Titus 2:4-5, 1 Peter 3:1, Lev. 12:2, 5, Gen. 3:20.
If these are not sufficient, there are more. The evidence is overwhelming. Apologists try to soft-pedal the entire matter, but facts are stubborn things. It isn't just Paul, but the entire Bible that's guilty. Is it any wonder that feminist Elizabeth Cady Stanton, once said: "The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling-blocks in the way of woman's emancipation (Free Thought Magazine, Vol. 14, 1896)." "I know of no other book that so fully teaches the subjection and degradation of women (Eight Years and More, Elizabeth C. Stanton, p. 395)." Not to be outdone, Ingersoll again displayed his wisdom by saying: "...it (the bible) is not the friend of woman. They will find that the writers of that book, for the most part, speak of woman as a poor beast of burden, a serf, a drudge, a kind of necessary evil--as mere property (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 12, p.43)." "As long as woman regards the Bible as the charter of her rights, she will be the slave of man. The Bible was not written by a woman. Within its lids there is nothing but humiliation and shame for her. She is regarded as the property of man.... She is as much below her husband, as her husband is below Christ (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. I, p. 396)." But, perhaps, George Foote made the most poignant comment of all: "It will be the proud boast of woman that she never contributed a line to the Bible."
I don't care how they treated each other back then, why do you?

Location hidden

#643872 Jul 22, 2013
Covert Stealth Ops wrote:
Why do atheists fear God?<quoted text>
Why do theists insist that there is a God? All of the proof says otherwise. And I'll be happy to prove that God does not exist, and I be happy to do so just as soon as you are finished presenting your proof that it does.

No proof = No God.

Location hidden

#643873 Jul 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to miss the point , you are reducing vision to a neural process , and then calling it something else.
Vision by what ever process is vision, and we see light by it in the visible light range. You are saying we can't see anything that it is a brain process, true enough but that's just the way we see things.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that one to become untarded.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643874 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my iPhone was made in the US...
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
well aren't you special...
"Most of us probably already know why Apple outsources their manufacturing. Money. Not only is it cheaper to outsource to China, you can also hire workers much faster than in the US. Jennifer Rigoni, Apple’s former Worlwide Supply Demand Manager said “They could hire 3,000 people overnight. What U.S. plant can find 3,000 people overnight and convince them to live in dorms?”.
“The entire supply chain is in China now,” said another former high-ranking Apple executive.“You need a thousand rubber gaskets? That’s the factory next door. You need a million screws? That factory is a block away. You need that screw made a little bit different? It will take three hours.”
'twas a joke, ole chap.

Location hidden

#643875 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, I'm sorry. Is that a "real" picture of Batman you got there?
lol

Don't make me post the laughing, farting kitty again!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643876 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Pomona isn't brain dead - far from it.
I can't speak for everyone, but for me, she's my shining knight, my response when I'm speechless, to the ridiculous, uneducated, unintellectual hatred that so many Christians post here.
Just as I don't see the trash that atheists post, Al, you don't see the trash that Christians post.
The difference between what, say, Dr. Shrink posts and what Pomona posts is that Pomona actually cares. She is deeply, deeply worried about people - you can see that in her absolute rejection of violence. Not a single time has Pomona threatened violence.
Yet I have been threatened so many times, Al, by people who believe they are Christians. Rape, murder, torture - whatever. Just show me a single quote where Pomona advocated such terrible, mindless, dehumanizing tactics, a single post.
It doesn't happen. She's harsh, yes, and she is nasty in her conveyance of what she believes to be a psychological problem, but she never, not once to my knowledge, advocates for violence.
And I will defend her.
I didn't expect that from you, Hiding.

Mythic Idiot is a troll, all she does is spew hatred, call people vile and vulgar names, and display ignorance every time she posts.

I thought you were more logical to accept that kind of posting, from either side of the fence.

Location hidden

#643877 Jul 22, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
There's no disputing that the cognitive functioning of Covert Stealth Ops, Riverside Redneck, RetardoFire and Nanoanomaly has been significantly impaired by Christian brainwashing. The only question is which one of these national embarrassments is the most mentally retarded.
My vote is for Covert Stealth Ops as the meanest most vile and disgusting.

I think it is a tie between RetardoFire and Nanoanomaly for the most retarded.

And RR is the most dishonest, deceitful and deceptive.

All of our resident "simple minded" have been told that the Bible has no errors so each time I post one of them they make up some lie about how it doesn't mean what it says so that they can stay calm that what they were told was true.

This is all proof that Christianity is an abomination, a crime against humanity.

Quite honestly, I am glad that I am alive at a time in human history were such a barbaric religion with its killer God is being put in its coffin, and I also feel I am doing my share of hammering in the nails into Christianities coffin.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#643878 Jul 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s not like you…(LOL)
Hehehe.

I'm trying for "nice".

Location hidden

#643879 Jul 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care how they treated each other back then, why do you?
The Indianapolis Star, one of the most conservative newspapers in the nation, has always quoted 2 cor. 3:17, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty," on the front of each and every issue. Yet, if the Bible were, indeed, the Word of God, as apologists allege, it would be difficult to find a comment more at variance with the facts. All of the following verses show the God of the Bible sanctioned, indeed, instituted slavery--the absence of liberty. "Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise (Deut. 15:17, KJV)." (In order to minimize the Bible's support for slavery, the King James translators used "servant" instead of "slave" in this verse and others. The RSV translators used "bondman." Any knowledgeable authority knows slaves are being discussed, and several versions, e.g. the NWT and Living Bible, are honest enough to admit as much.)
But to continue: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)." "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)." "I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)" (See also: Ex. 21:2-6, Deut. 15:12, 28:68, and Jer.27:8,12).

Apologists attempted to gloss over the situation by alleging these verses came from the God of the Old Testament and his laws, while the New Testament's God is supposedly one of love, liberty and compassion. If so, somebody forgot to tell Peter and Paul. The latter said: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)." "All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)." "Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)." "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)." Paul not only sanctions slavery but equates serving one's master with serving God. To serve one faithfully is to serve the other faithfully. Peter agrees with Paul: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#643880 Jul 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Mental gimp! Back in the box with you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =S8kPqAV_74MXX
nanoa-GNAT-omy!

"Buzz-buzz-buzzzz"

There's a dog penis somewhere with your name on it.

Now... SHOO!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643881 Jul 22, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a death-denying cowardly Christian godbot and sociopathic punk when you started humiliating yourself and embarrassing your country in this forum with you absolutely pathetic rationalizations for your self-degrading cultist lifestyle. You're still a death-denying cowardly Christian godbot and sociopathic punk who should be totally ashamed of yourself.
-----Hiding------

You find this "christophobic" post to be acceptable?

Location hidden

#643882 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I feel so outed....
I should have a real picture of myself posted, like Aura with his Batman pic.
Maybe you could play mumbley peg with him...

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/06/07/mumb...

...and do some manly bonding.

lol

It's all fun and games 'til somebody loses a toe.

xD

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643883 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Please remember, you began this discussion asking about evidence, not observation, of abiogenesis. Those are different things. We have lots of evidence, no observation.
I don't recall about the paralegal. Yeah, legal English is hard to follow.
What's a "true scientist"? That's such a strange statement, I don't know where to being. Please keep in mind that scientists are people, nothing more. They are simply trained to observe the universe using specific tools (methodologies), and analyze their findings via math.
Otherwise, there's nothing whatsoever special about scientists. They, we, engage in political struggles, are corrupt, lie, make mistakes, etc., just like anyone else. It is a mistake to assume science is like dogma - it's not. Science is refined through trial and error and through correction.
Yes, I know. Why then, when I asked for evidence, did you post links to observations?

IMO, a true scientist is one that has no agenda or preconceived notions. One that doesn't allow opinions, money or politics interfere with their 'quest for knowledge'.

Location hidden

#643884 Jul 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
So far none of our "simple minded" have offered a shred of proof. They are so confused, deeply held beliefs are not proof no matter how much and how often they claim they are.
And you have not proven that the supernatural does not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PadMark 688,596
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Rider on the Storm 36,481
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Here For Now 619,809
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Peter Ross 6,541
How did black people get here ( economically) 7 hr RFD 64
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 8 hr RFD 18
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 10 hr JuJu 6
More from around the web