Prove that you are human? You can't.
i just did, got aything else?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#643689 Jul 21, 2013
meedo wrote:
Prove that you are human? You can't.
Well, you just proved you're a stupid human.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#643690 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do better than that, here's ten.
http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/free-ebook...
Yeah. I see ten archaeological discoveries, that may or may not be related to Biblical events.

Now, again, how does this change our interpretation of events?

For instance, let us say there was a tale of Jesus going to a car dealer and buying a BMW. Le us say we found the car dealer at a dig site. Then we can carbon date the site and match it to historic account. Then we can say "look! The acfount was written in 45 AD and the tests shows this dealer was operational throughout that time!"

Silly example, I know, but how would that impact the interpretation and wording of events?

#643691 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, even as an atheist, you should know that the human race is naturally violent and selfish.
God doesn't 'let' those people die, people kill people.m
Their is a big difference between allowing someone to die and causing it.
I think God does neither.
Let me get this straight. Your deity would save a horse -something you call an answered prayer- and not save the world's children, because "people kill people"?

Have you any idea how twisted that sounds?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#643692 Jul 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Well by that definition, everyone engages in tribalism.

The Kaaba isn't a representation or symbol of God. It's a symbol of oneness.

“Listen to the sounds”

#643693 Jul 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The "no true Muslim" fallacy.
I didn't say that those different cultures are not true Muslims. The point was diversity of cultures.

#643694 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Da Rules.
I'm glad you're learning.
It may sound horrible to you, but death is not the end. It's the begining.
I am sorry, but that is sick. Your deity has been proven not to save millions of people from horrid, humiliating, unjustifiable an inhumane deaths. Milliins of men, women and children have had their dignity brutally taken away, before being slaughtered like animals. And to justify the obvious impotence of your deity, now Christians come up with garbage like "death is the beginning" and "they are in a better place", or the favourite, "no such suffering in heaven".

It is an argument that goes way past ridiculous and perverse.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#643695 Jul 21, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. Your deity would save a horse -something you call an answered prayer- and not save the world's children, because "people kill people"?
Have you any idea how twisted that sounds?
it makes sense to someone who has been indoctrinated at childhood, and to those who never fully developed tools for rational and critical thinking.
http://www.publicaffairs.ubc.ca/2012/04/26/an...

“Listen to the sounds”

#643696 Jul 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Get over yourself, I don"t hate Scots or the English, just bleeding heart liberal's like you. Yes If you need help in fixing your breathing problem, come to America and I'll fix it for you girlyman.
You are terrified of my toys and don't want to play with them.
But it wont save you from me, ask Cornwallis or Trayvon, step up to the last breath you ever take son.
That leftist has really gotten under your skin hey.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#643697 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scotsdale?
Of course the Scottsdale. Always the Scottsdale.

I put a new fuel pump on it two weeks ago. Exactly one month after the warranty ran out on the old one. I bought a Delco this time. On the bottom of the old one it said "Made in China".

I'm so ashamed.

“Listen to the sounds”

#643698 Jul 21, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
So before Jesus we had a deity able to perform incredible feats to prove his existence, like food from the sky, pillars of flame blastes to earth, talking animals. Now, after Jesus, we call it a miracle when a sick horse does not die?
You wanna knkw what I think? Remember the alien craze back in the 90's? Everybody and his brother saw a spaceship up close. Some were abducted and flew to the Belt of Orion. Now, in a world with cell phones, each one coming out with a camera as standard fitting, this suddenly stops. Do you lerhaps think those aliens are afraid not of our nuclear nissiles, but our cameras?
Well if I were the aliens and wanted to invade earth, I wouldn't want any of my scouts to be seen.

Have to maintain surprise.

:)

“Listen to the sounds”

#643699 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, they'll never get the White House. I recently say a review of Americans that would rather have a Muslim or a gay man be the President rather than an atheist....
How about a gay atheist?

“Listen to the sounds”

#643700 Jul 21, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong!
Prophecies, Promises, and Misquotes in the Bible:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/proph/long....
But you ask me what the scariest things are in Christianity: this infatuation with biblical prophecy and this notion that Jesus is going to come back as an avenging savior to kill all the bad people.
-- Sam Harris
It's so fascinating. Almost all atheists would claim to be individualistic, "free thinking", and independent minded.

Yet for many of you, it is blatant, you crave to be told what to think. You crave it even more than many theists do. You have this "no god" rule, yet you love others to define and champion your beliefs.

Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss, they are all like your priests. Look at how you quote them, like a good little minion.

And then there's the late Christopher Hitchens, or should we call him "Saint Hitchens", just for your sake?

And as if that is not bad enough, what is even more shocking is that some atheists even right over here, support the idea of a one world government! I can see now, how easy it was for Communism to take over Russia back then. You yearn for some kind of god. You are so afraid of chaos in any corner of the world, that you even entertain the idea of giving a single man, or a single government, absolute power.

Many atheists crave centralised power. You yearn for it, you crave for your own Vatican, your own Mecca, or your own Ganges River where you can wash Sam Harris's ass, collect the water in a bowl and drink it.

Wear the cap as it fits.

#643701 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, honestly. I'm still trying to figure it out. There's nothing in Genesis that leads us to believe its allegorical. But science says otherwise...
I am not trying to change the Bible based on science, and I'm trying to change science based on the Bible.
Someday we'll understand it all.
"...I'm trying to change science based on the Bible."

That is completely the wrong attitude to have. Animals do not randomly change into snakes. Plants on earth die without sunlight. The sun is older than any plantlife on earth. The Tower of Babel did not exist as per scripture and there never was a Noachian Flood, as per scripture.

#643702 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
QUICK! Move the goalposts! Don't keep talking about sick people!!
What about sick people? You think by somehow saying "death is the beginning", you have proven your god loving, benevolent and true?

Newsflash, it is an utterly stupid poit to make.

#643703 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You are correct.
I miswrote what I meant, which should've been:
God doesn't murder people or sentence them to death for no reason.
See how translation makes so much of a difference?
Except the poor children in Africa, right? I mean they are blatantly bad kids. Very naughty. Don't do what their parents tell them to do. So that is good reason! Giv'em AIDS, Malaria, famine, drought, wars, slavery... That'll teach'em.

Right, RR?

#643704 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In a slang way, I suppose. Knocked up means to get pregnant, typically outside of marriage...
So what do you think the possibility is that Mary was a bit of a skank and tried to cover up a sleepover with a male friend?

#643705 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not wrong.
If the Bible was written today, the bat would not be called a bird.
How do you know that in 3,000 years we would still be calling a bat a mammal?
You don't.
Uhh... We do know.

Because we will be calling a bat a mammal in the future.

Why? Because a bat is a mammal. It is descended from mammals, it has mammilian traits, it nurtures its young and gives it milk. It shares most of its DNA with rodents.

It is a mammal

#643706 Jul 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Science is doing other good things for the Bible.
The only thing science is doing to the Bible, is ripping it apart.

#643707 Jul 22, 2013
Covert Stealth Ops wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument is that the bat is not a bird. Based on what? Subjective species classifications, which are often wrong.
Is a duck a bird, fish or something else? What about a whale, fish or mammal? Anaconda, snake or fish? Alligator, fish or reptile?
When you decide, then decide based on what did you draw your conclusions.
Also, time and light years, light years measure distance and not time, so how do you measure how old the earth is?
Riiight.

We have the following:

1) Fossil record of bats, as well as transitional species
2) Anatomical similarities with rodents
3) More than 96% DNA similarity with other rodents
4) Skeletal similarities with other rodents
5) Behavioural similarity with mammals is general; provides milk, nurtures young, a great deal of parental care to its young.

Furthermore, whales are mammals. Anacondas are snakes.

You claim to have a 150 IQ as well as a degree.

Riiiiight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 64,566
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min hojo 654,385
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 31 min ImFree2Choose 2,598
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 39 min Peter Ross 849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min bad bob 183,213
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 1 hr Johnny 6
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web