|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprising how little he knew about a lot of things, considering he's god and all.
Seems he knew very little more than the people of the time.
Odd that, no?
We must be reading a wrong translation again. Surely, this is nothing but those six English blokes, making a hash of things again.

Damned Brits. First the Spice Girls and now this.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa set you down the path of doubting everything. It was a traumatic experience. Mine was the Easter bunny.
Take any number of the devices we make today. Plug it in and turn on the switch. Poof!! It comes alive. That invisible energy is given a path to follow. Your computer is a good example. It can be directed, such as that computer, or it can be seemingly random, like a lightning bolt smoking a wire.
We are all powered products. Branch circuits of a rather large energy flow. The issue is how these circuits were developed. Were they designed, or did they magically just self organize.
Right now physics looks at our power generation as occurring from within, on the atomic scale. This makes science just as earth centered as old religious thought. The logic emanates outward. There is not much looking at the whole and understanding how it creates that inward/outward appearance, even thought the base thought is there, the BBT. That is because they can't really see the whole, and stick with the artificial building blocks created here, thus transferring them outwards.
Running energy through a material rearranges the material. Running energy in a course creates barriers, and thus "solidity" to that energy. Matter is formed. Energy, EM or gravity, requires differences of potential for it to even occur.
Seriously dave...how much acid did you actually do in your youth?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a command to put oneself in harm’s way.
To intentionally to hurt yourself and expect God’s protection is contrary to what Jesus taught. Matthew 4:7,“You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”
<quoted text>
In case you missed it the first time...
“You shall not tempt the Lord your God.”
So no, I will not go out and drink Draino to test God'swaiting ability to heal me.
Derp.
You just can't face the truth can you RR. You hope your lies will 'save face' but anyone reading through the thread sees that you are making problems up to deal with because you can not deal with the ones that actually exist.

In a court of law you would be held in contempt for being so deceitful deceptive and dishonest.

The Bible tells us what you can do if you believe and you know it is a lie, rather than admit to the Bible's lies you make up some unrelated nonsense about not tempting God.

If there was a God, it would see what you are doing, lying for it, and would not be happy with your lies. A real God would want you to be honest and truthful and no matter how painful the truth is, it must be accepted.

You are living proof that the Bible does not tell us the truth. Since you are only capable of repeating lies over and over again there is no expectation that I can ever have a conversation with you. All that is left is to keep exposing your lies with more Bible quotes.

Jesus: "...for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Matt. 9:13, Mark 2:17)

versus

Paul--"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).

Obviously Jesus could not call the righteous to repentance when there are no righteous according to Paul.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe ... not factually correct ...Perhaps it was...
God has failed you once again, leaving you to guess. How pathetic. How are you ever going to gain new recruits with guessing?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Poofing is just a matter of semantics. I suppose it's something we all were exposed to since childhood, with cartoons and movies.
What do you think the god's creative method would be. The bible does say that the god spoke things into existence and breathed life into non-living things. Wouldn't that be considered magic, or "poofing"?
How would an atheist be brainwashed? I was atheist before coming to Topix, and had never spoken to another atheist, or really read any literature about it until then.
My parents are spiritual, but we weren't a church-going family, and there were no repetitive rituals(indoctrination) outside of the usual annual xmas fare. Once I found out that Santa was fiction, the rest kinda fell into place.
We are all born Atheists. It is only when are parents lie to us and we are too stupid to question what we are told that we believe all the lies and then repeat the lies to others.

Speaking of Santa, Santa has a message for all of humanity.

Santa: Dear little children, Some day you will learn everything there is to know about Santa, and on the day I want you to remember everything the adults told you about Jesus.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's essential for religious cults to prey on young children for their own survival because most don't yet have the common sense to reject their complete and utter bullshit.
As death-denying cowardly godbots demonstrate in this forum on a daily basis, most indoctrinated children would rather waste their entire adult lives as willing slaves to Dark Ages dogma then bravely accept their own mortality.
They deserve nothing but contempt.
I am in complete 100% agreement. Nicely said. It is good to be a part of hammering in the final nails of Christ-insanities coffin.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa set you down the path of doubting everything. It was a traumatic experience. Mine was the Easter bunny.
Take any number of the devices we make today. Plug it in and turn on the switch. Poof!! It comes alive. That invisible energy is given a path to follow. Your computer is a good example. It can be directed, such as that computer, or it can be seemingly random, like a lightning bolt smoking a wire.
We are all powered products. Branch circuits of a rather large energy flow. The issue is how these circuits were developed. Were they designed, or did they magically just self organize.
Right now physics looks at our power generation as occurring from within, on the atomic scale. This makes science just as earth centered as old religious thought. The logic emanates outward. There is not much looking at the whole and understanding how it creates that inward/outward appearance, even thought the base thought is there, the BBT. That is because they can't really see the whole, and stick with the artificial building blocks created here, thus transferring them outwards.
Running energy through a material rearranges the material. Running energy in a course creates barriers, and thus "solidity" to that energy. Matter is formed. Energy, EM or gravity, requires differences of potential for it to even occur.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously dave...how much acid did you actually do in your youth?
That is simple basic physics, counselor.

Let me guess, you just switched out the cards, you didn't troubleshoot them yourself.

You, like so many others om here, sit and read physics books with all of their fancy words and think you understand them. It strokes your intellect. But it doesn't produce anything fertile.

You can't even grasp the basic flows of energy, which is a very misinterpreted and utilized word.

You have false images of creation in your mind.

Picture an atom in your mind, then dig deeper and visualize again. Those little things are very fuzzy, not "hard and fast" as you "imagine". You fell in the rabbit hole when you started chasing them.

Numbers are symbols, not objects. The Beast is the number of a man.

People tend to worship mankind and pay lip service to their creator. The wiser thing to do is worship the creator and pay lip service to mankind. Worship is not bowing down and following ritual, that is a man made idol, it is understanding and appreciating the experience of living, whether is is what you wanted or not. It is just temporary.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17)
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17)
"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10)
“He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.”(Matthew 15:4-7)
and finally...“...the scripture cannot be broken.”~jesus speaking in John 10:35
and the bit that's obviously missing is *for levites only*.
Perhaps you could point an ignorant atheist to the part where it says that the SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN COMMANDMENTS of the mizvot are for the levites only?
Just the verses will suffice, I don't need to hear your personal interpretation of a vision you had in the foam while you were cleaning your teeth...
just the 'facts' if you please.
Basically, Leviticus is a guidebook for the priests, Levites and the people of Israel.

It is not intended as a guidebook for Christianity.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

stupid atheist wrote:
If the world is millions of years old, according to some that is.
Then why is it only the year of 2013?
haha
Because a long time ago religion ruled the world, we call that period THE DARK AGES. And BTW "the world" is billions of years old not millions.

Except for some sabbatarian groups such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, biblicists don't go to church on the correct day. Saturday, not Sunday is the Sabbath.

There is no substantive biblical support for calling Sunday--the first day of the week--the Sabbath. As the text says, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work...." (Ex. 20:8-10, Deut. 5:12-14).

Moreover, the prohibition against labor on the Sabbath is regularly violated since work occurs on every day of the week. With respect to labor, it wouldn't matter what day was the Sabbath. Apologist Gleason Archer stated in The Encyclopedia of Biblical Difficulties (p. 116-121) that several facts seem to teach that Sunday replaced Saturday as the Sabbath. He sought to justify the change by alleging:

•(a) Jesus rose on Sunday;
•(b) Jesus' first appearance to his disciples after the Resurrection was on Sunday;
•(c) The outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Church first occurred on a Sunday Pentecost;
•(d) Paul told the Corinthian church to put aside money and save on the first day of the week so that no collection would be needed when he arrived (1 Cor. 16:20);
•(e) Paul spoke to a group of Christians until midnight on a Sunday (Acts 20:5-12); and
•(f) The Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 ("I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet") referred to Sunday.

Problems accompany each explanation.
•(a) Jesus rose on Sunday, but died on a Friday. His death was certainly as important as his Resurrection, if not more so. So why wasn't the Sabbath transferred to Friday?;
•(b) and (C) Why would the fact that Jesus first appeared to his disciples on Sunday or the Holy Spirit first fell on the church on Sunday be of such significance as to overrule God's commandment that the seventh day was to be the Sabbath? They are rather weak reeds to lean on, especially when Archer admits that, "After Pentecost it seems that the Christian community continued to celebrate the seventh-day Sabbath as before, by gathering with other Jews (both converted and unconverted) for the reading of the Torah, for preaching, and for prayer" (Ibid. p. 117). He immediately tried to regain his loss by stating, "But there is no demonstable reference to Christians ever gathering on the Sunday Sabbath to celebrate the Lord's Supper or to hold a distinctively Christian assembly" (Ibid. p. 117). But, then, where is the evidence that they regularly gathered on Sunday to celebrate the Lord's Supper or hold distinctively Christian assemblies?;
•(D) and (E) 1 Cor. 16:2 and Acts 20:5-12, or delivering a sermon on Sunday evening hardly warrant changing the Sabbath; and
•(F) Archer's final contention that the Lord's Day in Rev. 1:10 is Sunday relies upon extra-biblical sources and is wholly unconvincing.
When all is said and done, the basic question remains. Where does the Bible specifically and clearly change the Sabbath to Sunday?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody was wrong. They also thought whaled were fish.
Oddly, your supposed deity did not know any better.
Why do you think that is?
RR does not think, instead he believes what he is told. If he doesn't answer then it means no one has told him what to say. It is difficult to accept that biblicists would have chosen such a contradictory mess as the Bible and claim it is their word of God when it makes their God look totally stupid.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
To "truth signed in."
You also have to consider the fact that many of the costs associated with the war on drugs are actually partially caused by the war on drugs. For example, we know that some addicts resort to theft to support their habit, as drugs are very expensive.
The reason they are expensive is, paradoxically, the war on drugs - we are essentially waging a supply side war, which drives prices through the roof - many drugs are marked up by at least 1000% and some over 2000%. These high prices require the addict to spend more and more money, and many turn to theft. I'm not excusing the act of theft, just putting it in context.
What our government has done is make drugs much more powerful, more available to younger and younger people, and cheaper than ever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but you can not demonstrate this
:(
No, I can't.

And you can't demonstrate your mom's love for you.

So......

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot, a child or a brainwashed atheist would compare Santa to Jesus.
Many people don't start believing in God until later in life, ever met a person that starting believing in Santa as an adult?
Only an idiot would continue to trust what the adults told them about Jesus after they learned the truth about Santa.

Do you know why we are all born Atheists? Why do we only learn about Jesus from adults who we know lie and can not be trusted? And why is the Bible the most contradictory book in existence?

Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")

versus

James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprizing how little your deity knows about taxonomy, huh?
The Bible isn't a science book, dude.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't wrong, they just had a different classification system than we do now.
Prov. 19:9 RSV "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish"

You assert that God wrote the Bible. Therefore God is wrong. No other explanation is relevant other than the Bible is wrong. That is all that is important; the Bible is wrong Wrong WRONG!

The bat was NEVER a bird or a fowl. It has always been a mammal. If God inspires someone to tell us the bat is a bird it was wrong 2,000 years ago and it is still wrong today. Wrong is wrong.

Your lies show you are getting more divorced from reality by the day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:

Only an idiot would continue to trust what the adults told them about Jesus after they learned the truth about Santa.
Then why do only children believe in Santa and forget it as they age but many people believe in Jesus as adults and never heard of Santa?
Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")
versus
James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")
Those verses are not even comparable....

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since I've had prayers answered, I can rightfully say that He does help his worshipers and He is not imaginary.
Verses which give unlimited powers to those who pray and ask God for assistance. Among these are comments as:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"--Matt. 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-10;

"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.

John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Mark 11:24 (KJV), "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

In order to counteract the patent inaccuracy of these premises, apologists seek modification through James 4:3 and 1 John 5:14. The former says, "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask remiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." In other words, the reason the prayers of the sick, the old, the infirm, the afflicted, etc. have not been answered is because they were based on lust, greed and other selfish motives. It's hard to believe even hardened apologists really believe this. On the other hand, 1 John 5:14 ("...if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us") represents a more subtle ploy. Prayers are not answered because they do not comply with God's will. The problems with this explanation are:
•(a) the earlier verses said nothing about God's will or the need to fulfill His desires, and
•(b) judging from many prayers which people feel were answered, one can't help but question God's morality. Praying, for example, that one's relative will die in order to inherit his wealth and having your wish materialize, does not speak well for God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 19:9 RSV "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish"
You assert that God wrote the Bible. Therefore God is wrong. No other explanation is relevant other than the Bible is wrong. That is all that is important; the Bible is wrong Wrong WRONG!
The bat was NEVER a bird or a fowl. It has always been a mammal. If God inspires someone to tell us the bat is a bird it was wrong 2,000 years ago and it is still wrong today. Wrong is wrong.
Your lies show you are getting more divorced from reality by the day.
Please provide the post and link where I said I think "God wrote the Bible".

If you can't, admit you're lying.

Go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:

The bat was NEVER a bird or a fowl. It has always been a mammal.
I disagree.

Nowadays we call it a mammal - that's the CURRENT classification.

Back then, they called it a bird - that was the OLD classification.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine fails to recall even once where he posted on topic here.
True. I just started to feel obnoxious after posting walls of off topic text. It was a dumb idea anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 610,561 - 610,580 of715,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

524 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min FudgeNFury 255,468
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Johnny 1,334
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 222,978
'I want to meet with my family' could be bad ne... 8 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min Student 38,399
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min East is Red 114,496
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 16 min bryan 60
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Oxbow 529,561
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min Hidingfromyou 93,102
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr BenAdam 598,695
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••