<quoted text>
Wow! Honesty.... I love it.
"science is not infallible. It ... is ruled by politics and funding and egos"
Never mind.
Still waking up.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#643506 Jul 21, 2013
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#643507 Jul 21, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an irrefutable fact that children are rejecting organized religion and adults are leaving organized religion in increasing numbers. These children and adults who are far more intelligent than you'll ever be don't form a telepathic religion.
The fact that your descendants will probably remember you primarily as a willing slave to Dark Ages dogma and feel shame doesn't even imply there's life after death. You're a dangerously delusional nutcase and should be institutionalized immediately.
They told me you were deceased! Bastards! I'm happy to find that's false.

And good to see you :)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643508 Jul 21, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...
What is the difference?(NIV original/modified)
Not much, a word here, a phrase there. As new language discoveries are made, it must be adapted.

Like Mark 1:3, it used to say "a voice of one calling in the desert", but it was discovered that the actual translation is not desert, but wilderness.

"a voice of one calling in the wilderness"

Location hidden

#643509 Jul 21, 2013
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye shall have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:53-54) and
"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.... So he that eateth me, even he shall live by me" (John 6:56-57).

Many Con-artists tell their pew warmers that these verses are to be taken "spiritually" [what ever that means] and not literally.

Again we have an example of the Pew Warmers insisting the Bible does not mean what it says. And still Pew Warmers want to be taken seriously. We can not take people who are divorced from reality seriously. They are just an irritant like a mosquito or a fly.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643510 Jul 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jer. 25:27 according to God:
GOD: "Then tell them,'This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you" (Jer. 25:27).
Jer. 25:27 according to RR;
RR: "Then tell them,'This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: DO NOT Drink, get drunk and vomit, you need to be fully aware that drunkenness deprives you of the use of reason, makes you crazy, makes you sick, and endangers your well-being."
You keep proving to us that you can not be trusted because you are deceptive, deceitful and dishonest. You would yell at someone else for changing a single word of Scripture yet that is what you have done here: changed the verse to say what you wished it said.
Clearly the verse has God ordering men to become drunk:
GOD: "Then tell them,'This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you" (Jer. 25:27).
And clearly it proves you are a liar.
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
How does it feel knowing you are an abomination to the Lard?
There are surrounding verses and chapters around Jeremiah 25:27, one must read and study them all to understand them - like you haven't.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#643511 Jul 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
ARROGANT

1: exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner <an arrogant official>

2: showing an offensive attitude of superiority : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance <an arrogant reply>
Religious indoctrination requires ignorance and cowardice resulting in arrogance and intolerance. It's truly astounding to see the arrogance of mentally retarded godbots in this forum on a daily basis.

Location hidden

#643512 Jul 21, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an irrefutable fact that children are rejecting organized religion and adults are leaving organized religion in increasing numbers. These children and adults who are far more intelligent than you'll ever be don't form a telepathic religion.
The fact that your descendants will probably remember you primarily as a willing slave to Dark Ages dogma and feel shame doesn't even imply there's life after death. You're a dangerously delusional nutcase and should be institutionalized immediately.
I agree completely, all of these liars for God are delusional and divorced from reality and the only way to protect our children is to institutionalize them. Immediately!

I think we need to stop them from breeding too.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#643513 Jul 21, 2013
researchpaperstobuy wrote:
There are many ways to prove that there is a God. First, you need to look at the planets and ask yourself why they don't hit one another or why the Earth does not do directly to the sun where it can melt with everything on it. Ask yourself why some people who die resurrect or why phenomenons like miracles happen? Why do you get so lucky at times? Why do you dream of impending danger if it is not a warning from somewhere? You should do this research and ask people that question http://www.researchpaperstobuy.com
There is no proof there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643514 Jul 21, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that many Christians (the ignorant ones) use the Leviticus to claim that god doesn't promote homosexuality.
You then said they are flat out wrong.
I did. They are flat out wrong.

Leviticus isn't a book with las for all to follow. Not for us, anyway.

Ignorant theists and skeptics alike misuse it everyday.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#643515 Jul 21, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
So, have you become a convert?
Huh?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#643516 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're exaggerating. I never said its better than all the others.
I said: The NIV is a better, more accurate translation than the KJV.
Got it?
I agree that the kjv is poor.

but

here is an opinion from experts:

"We want one that is accurate, based on the best manuscripts and the latest scholarly research. This excludes outdated versions like the King James Version, and also recent paraphrases like the New Living Translation and The Message. We should also set aside “cosmetic” translations that change the Bible’s words to cover up its nasty bits and blatant contradictions, for example the New International Version."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643517 Jul 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
The evidence for abiogenesis resides in the observation of the spontaneous production of organic molecules and how they combine. Such observations are evidence
What observations?

Location hidden

#643518 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a pathetici liar. "I didn't even know it", but it was word for word.....
As a member, one of many, of C. Dennis McKinsey's Biblical Errancy Panel I have my web site as do many other members of the panel.

You are trying to stir up dissension but like when you try to defend the Bible, you will fail.

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

God hates you and what you do here RR. You are nothing more than a mosquito.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643519 Jul 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? I thought your point was to showcase how little you understood how archaeology and paleoanthropology work.
:p
How are you doing my laundry and playing on Topix at the same time?

It better get done, woman.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#643520 Jul 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
You are exactly right, the number of Atheists, free thinkers, secularists etc is increasing as the church loses members left and right.
The Christian cult seems to be fighting back by preaching young earth creationism and mindless acceptance of biblical bullshit. We can hope that this strategy will backfire, but our country is still infested with mentally retarded Christian godbots incapable of grasping irrefutable facts in contradiction to their programming.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#643521 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So? A tree isn't a bridge but they can be compared...
What would you learn in comparing a tree to a bridge?

Location hidden

#643522 Jul 21, 2013
http://search.yahoo.com/search...

Jesus in dogs butt

Really funny!

Location hidden

#643523 Jul 21, 2013
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#643524 Jul 21, 2013
Forum wrote:
You are an embarrassment to God.
There are thousands of documented deities and all of them are mythical including the hideous monster of Christian folklore.

As a death-denying cowardly Christian godbot, you're a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human race and a complete waste of a sperm cell who should never procreate or vote, punk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 40 min Maria 58,842
☑️____Antichrist in plain view____ 4 hr Feb 2018 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr MOGADORE 446,236
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 5 hr Peanut Headz 6
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 5 hr epicpoopguy420 39
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 6 hr MOGADORE 4,493
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr MOGADORE 695,316
More from around the web