#643225 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was excellent!
When he looks at a contradiction I post like this one:
Ex. 15:3 ("The Lord is a man of war")
versus
Rom. 15:33 ("Now the God of peace be with you all"),
He claims it is my opinion that the Lard is a man of war, but it is "truth" that God is a God of peace.
It is impossible to reason with mentally defective people like him.
Didn't you know that God and Satan, were the two sides of the same coin?

Heads I win...tails you lose!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#643226 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that verse makes it pretty clear that there are conditions of answered prayer.
John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Where are the conditions? Nowhere, that's where. There are none.

Dear Jesus, in the name of the Father please tell RR to sell his computer and give the money to the poor.

•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Jesus says you'll sell your computer and give the money to the poor if you love him. Clearly you hate Jesus.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643227 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

Good. I never asked you to accept me.
Good, since you can barely understand the meaning of a basic Bible verse, I won't accept you.

Location hidden

#643228 Jul 20, 2013
The lavish personal wealth of many Christians bears witness to their avoidance of these biblical teachings, Luke 3:11, which says, "who has two coats, let him share with him who has none; and he who has food, let him do like-wise." One can only speculate as to the number of coats Christians have in their closets.

Jesus said, "Give to him who asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away" (Matt. 5:42).

Asking any modern Christian individual of any Christian denomination for a sizable portion of his or its wealth would be an exercise in futility. How many biblicists attempt to obey the biblical precept which says, "and from him who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again" (Luke 6:29-30 RSV)? They avoid Matt. 5:40, which says, "And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him also have thy cloak." Apologists don't mind quoting the prior verse (Matt. 5:39) about turning the other cheek, because it concerns attitudes and is not concrete; no direct physical denial is involved. Turning one's cheek is far less painful and tangible than turning in dollars. The former is more nebulous and subject to interpretation. Jesus commissioned his twelve disciples to, "provide neither gold nor silver, nor brass in your purses, nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, not yet staves, for the workman is worthy of his meat" (Matt. 10:9-10). If these were the morally right procedures for the disciples of Christ 2,000 years ago, then they should have some relevance to his disciples of today. But the entourage and wealth accompanying any well-known evangelist on his periodic journeys highlights the inconsistency involved.

Location hidden

#643229 Jul 20, 2013
Hey RR, Can I borrow $10,000?

Jesus: "Give to him who asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away" (Matt. 5:42).

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643230 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
More evidence that because you can't deal with the message you try to engage the messenger to keep him from posting more errors that disqualify the Bible as the word of the invisible sky fairy.
Micah 5:2 says: "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel."
Apologists smile with glee over the fact that the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem appears to have been predicted hundreds of years before the event. But if they had read elsewhere they would have seen that Bethlehem was the name of a man whose father was Ephratah. First Chron. 4:4 says: "These are the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephratah, the father of Bethleham." First Chron. 2:50 also shows Bethlehem was a man descended from Ephratah. And since neither Bethlehem nor Ephratah appears in the genealogies of Matt. 1 or Luke 3, they could not be ancestors of Jesus, and Jesus couldn't be the ruler referred to. Bethlehem refers to the name of both a man and a town.
Another problem with Micah 5:2 lies in the fact that thousand of children have been born in Bethlehem, but that doesn't give each of them the right to claim to be the Messiah.
Thirdly, Jesus was by no means a ruler in Israel. Quite the contrary, the people ruled over him, as is shown by his death.
Micah 5:2 continues with: "...whose goings forth have been from old, from everlasting (KJV)." "Everlasting" is not a correct translation from the Hebrew. The Hebrew word actually signifies times long past as in Amos 9:11, Isaiah 63:9, Malachi 3:4, and Deuteronomy 32:7. No Jewish Old Testament writer ever taught that the Messiah was divine or his birthplace was eternity. The literal translation from the Hebrew is "from the days of ancient time." Not only the Jewish Masoretic text but several Christian versions--the RSV and the NIV--say "from ancient days." Although the writers of the RSV and the NIV have translated the Hebrew correctly, they have fallen into a dilemma. How could "from ancient days" refer to Jesus, since he is allegedly God, and God exists before ancient days? God is eternal and without beginning. Micah 5:4 (RSV) says: "And they shall dwell secure, for now he shall be great to the ends of the earth." This verse means the Messiah will bring peace and security to the world, as is stated in Isaiah 2:4. But if this verse is referring to Jesus, why did he not bring peace? Even more important is the fact that Jesus said he came not to bring peace but a sword (Matt. 10:34).
But the really crucial verse is Micah 5:6, which says: "...thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian when he cometh into our land,...." If any verse proves the fifth chapter of Micah has nothing to do with Jesus, this is it. In the first place, Nineveh, the capital of Assyria, was destroyed and Assyrian power ceased to exist 606 years before Jesus was born. Secondly, Jesus never became a military leader. Thirdly, the Romans, not Assyrians, conquered the land of Judah during the lifetime of Jesus. Jesus struggled with Romans, not the Assyrians. And lastly, Jesus did not drive out anyone, especially the Romans. On the contrary, they signed the warrant for his execution. There is more to be said about other "sure-fire" prophecies of Jesus.
Apologists often accuse their opponents of taking verses out-of-context, yet that's precisely what they did with Micah 5.
Oh boy, talk about avoiding the question.

You said that the universe has existed forever.

Can you show me evidence of that?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#643231 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Where are the conditions? Nowhere, that's where. There are none.
Dear Jesus, in the name of the Father please tell RR to sell his computer and give the money to the poor.
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)
John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
Jesus says you'll sell your computer and give the money to the poor if you love him. Clearly you hate Jesus.
hello Reverend :)

most pastors I know are as hor***ny as hell. they have sex outside of their marriage. are you a real reverend ? or one of those unfaithful pastors ?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#643232 Jul 20, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Also, truth, I wasn't "assuming" that you support the drug war. You do. Just because you haven't said "I support the drug war" doesn't mean you don't.
You support every significant and problem causing policy of the drug war: illegality of drugs; arrest/incarceration for drug possession; paramilitary style engagements against nonviolent citizens; harsh, completely disproportionate punishments for drug possession or trade; and a focus on incarceration to the detriment of more effective policies such as harm reduction.
Additionally, you refuse to accept modern science on the issue of drug addiction and insist on demonizing addicts, and you remain willfully ignorant of the myriad negative consequences of prohibition (violence, theft, increased stigma, cost, innocent lives lost to overzealous cops and dealers, etc). Your support of drug war specific policies and your refusal to condemn its most egregious human rights violations is tantamount to full fledged support.
In short, you are being a pedant by acting as if you don't support it.
In short...you must lead a very boring life...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#643233 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Galatians 5

2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
What if we were circumcised against our will?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643234 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you're asking "why aren't there dead atheists because christains pray for it", then.....

"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures" James 4:3.
How do you spend a dead atheist?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643235 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>All I'm saying is that according the classification system of animals back then - and all the knowledge they had about them - bats were considered birds.

Back then there was only two classifications of life, animal & plant.

Nowadays there are five classifications - because of new discoveries.

You're claiming that they were wrong and implying that we are right.

I wonder how loud of a laugh ignorant asses will think about our "knowledge" today in the year 4013...
About as much as we laugh at the "knowledge" of an omniscient god.

You do realize that you have just admitted that the bible was written by mere, mortal, ignorant men, right?

If not, thank you anyway.

Since: May 11

UK

#643236 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 5
2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Pauls epistle to the galatians?

I want to know where your jesus says it, not some dude who is having cult recruitment problems. LMAO

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643237 Jul 20, 2013
jeff good wrote:
<quoted text>I can show u how to find the holy ghost.but u have to do four things first but if you want 100% proof u have to. 1 confess jesus is lord of your life. 2 tell anyone alive that jesus is lord of your life.(someone needs to be a witness or hear u confess that persons oppions not important. 3 get bat for remission of sin 4 get rdy here is where u get proof.praze god openly in church and his spirit will fill u up and you will see things different real fast. I can lead you to the water but I cant make you drink plz drink and you will never thirst again.
What do I do with the bat?

Hit myself over the head?

UK

#643238 Jul 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What if we were circumcised against our will?
I guess you don't get to eat the lobster or wear the mixed fibres.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643239 Jul 20, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>Butterflies flutter.
Bats are full of disease.
We are wrong to get near them.
Bats eat their weight in insects.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643240 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh. You could've just said that you have no evidence for your claim that the universe has always existed.

If you had evidence for that, you would've posted instead.

Instead you resort to petty name calling and character assassination.
Good thing you don't do any of those things, eh?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643241 Jul 20, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>There are loads of different cultures all over the world who call themselves Muslims. You are just redefining the word tribe so you can call Islam a tribe.

And we only pray towards Mecca as a symbol of unity and oneness of God.
The "no true Muslim" fallacy.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643242 Jul 20, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Well the prophecy is that Islam will eventually become corrupted as well. To an extent it is corrupted today. Many muslims believe a lot of things that have no root in Islamic history.
To an extent?!

Seriously?!

UK

#643243 Jul 20, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>[...]"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
Voltaire was a finer man than you could ever hope to be.
...but Voltaire didn't say that old-chap. You're quoting Hall his biographer, don't worry, it's a common mistake.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#643244 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>I still see it as being a cuss word. LOL. What does his middle initial "H" stand for? Jesus H Christ? Any ideas?
Horatio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min guest 636,836
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min Steve 44,033
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 58 min Rosa_Winkel 27,624
Did Prince die of cardiac arrest in his elevator?? 59 min Doctor REALITY 1
the Art of B N Handsome, Cool, Rich, & Humble 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve 618,122
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,037
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 104,180
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 4 hr WasteWater 4,707
More from around the web