Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#643153 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")
versus
James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")
<quoted text>
God does not temp any man, God did tempt Abraham.
If God doesn't temp any man, then Genesis 22:1 is incorrect, if God tempted Abraham then James 1:13 is not true.
This is a solid contradiction and your assertion is just that, an assertion, from an apologist grasping for straws trying to save his un-save-able Bible.
Check the translation in Genesis 22, the correct word is "tested", not "tempted".

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#643154 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, have you ever considered the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel as the inventor of those circuits?
If the universe shows evidence of design, then the only logical designer is the Mysterious Cheesy Weasel.
Put some cottage cheese on a bread and infuse it with EM energy. Take it outside and spin around three times. How tasty does the cheesy goodness look now?
Now, put that same bread in the sun for a whoke week and look at it. Second law of thermodynamics. Look at the enrgy release. E=mc2. Remember that. Tgat bread will not look so good now, right?
It is all relative, Dave
Is that the best you can do?

Of course it is.

DF believes in magic. Like those in his physics books.

Draw a picture of those magic forces at work, you surely have had drafting. Make a schematic of those energy transfers. Just leave out the magic poofs. Cause and effect only.
jeff good

Cincinnati, OH

#643155 Jul 20, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
I can show u how to find the holy ghost.but u have to do four things first but if you want 100% proof u have to. 1 confess jesus is lord of your life. 2 tell anyone alive that jesus is lord of your life.(someone needs to be a witness or hear u confess that persons oppions not important. 3 get bat for remission of sin 4 get rdy here is where u get proof.praze god openly in church and his spirit will fill u up and you will see things different real fast. I can lead you to the water but I cant make you drink plz drink and you will never thirst again.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#643156 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus--"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)
versus
Paul--"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ" (Rom. 7:4) and "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Gal. 3:13) and "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Rom. 6:14) and "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Rom. 7:6) and (Rom. 10:4, 3:28, Gal. 3:23-25, 5:2-4, 18, 2:19, 21, 16, 4:10, Eph. 2:15, Col. 2:14, 16, Heb. 7:19, 1 Cor. 8:8 and many others).
Jesus said the law would stand till heaven and earth passed, while Paul said it need no longer be followed.
Are you a Paultian or a Christian?
Paul was a Roman soldier who fought against God.
God hurt him until he gave in.
He became an Apostle.
He was stoned for following Jesus.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643157 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can disagree with the facts all you want, it does not change what the facts are. The bat has always been a mammal and has never been a bird and the "inspired by God" Bible is wrong.
You're just not getting it. A bat is called a bat because in the English language, we call it a bat.

It comes from the Old English word bakke, meaning "to flutter".

Are we wrong to even call them bats?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#643158 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence for that, please.
For you to verify that you need the higher parts of the brain to be operational. Since you exist only in the lowest most mechanical and automatic parts you will never be able to verify that. Only those of us who are participating in what the Universe is doing can experience and verify this truth directly.

You are left with believing it or not. I do not care.

But it is strange that you can accept your stupid God that we do not know exists as having always existed with no creator, but you can't accept the Universe which we do know exists as having existed forever while insisting it needs a creator.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#643159 Jul 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa set you down the path of doubting everything. It was a traumatic experience. Mine was the Easter bunny.
Take any number of the devices we make today. Plug it in and turn on the switch. Poof!! It comes alive. That invisible energy is given a path to follow. Your computer is a good example. It can be directed, such as that computer, or it can be seemingly random, like a lightning bolt smoking a wire.
We are all powered products. Branch circuits of a rather large energy flow. The issue is how these circuits were developed. Were they designed, or did they magically just self organize.
Right now physics looks at our power generation as occurring from within, on the atomic scale. This makes science just as earth centered as old religious thought. The logic emanates outward. There is not much looking at the whole and understanding how it creates that inward/outward appearance, even thought the base thought is there, the BBT. That is because they can't really see the whole, and stick with the artificial building blocks created here, thus transferring them outwards.
Running energy through a material rearranges the material. Running energy in a course creates barriers, and thus "solidity" to that energy. Matter is formed. Energy, EM or gravity, requires differences of potential for it to even occur.
Wow

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#643160 Jul 20, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was a Roman soldier who fought against God.
God hurt him until he gave in.
He became an Apostle.
He was stoned for following Jesus.
And that explains why he disagreed with Jesus hundreds of times and why when given the choice between Jesus and St. Paul Christians almost always go with St. Paul over Jesus?

Lamar, CO

#643161 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You like RR, are not able to make a distinction between a fact and an opinion someone shares with you.
What is my "truth"? I quote the Bible where it fails those who claim it is the inerrant word of God and then watch them squirm and grasp for any straw so as to avoid looking totally stupid.
You should NOT believe anything. As Gurdjieff told us, believe nothing, verify everything. If you do not believe my Bible quotes are accurate then look them up yourself and then you will know that every verse I quote is exactly the way it is.
Mark 9:25-26 says: "...he (Jesus) rebuked the foul spirit, saying into him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him;..."
Jesus' statement is false, because if the spirit was deaf, how could he have heard Jesus and come out? If he was dumb, how could he have cried out.
Can you see how stupid Mark 9:25-26 is?
Hmmm, if you didn't have the Bible, then you wouldn't have a damned truth in you. Would you?

It appears it is the basis of your existence.

Hey, Rev, you are just another human that got your mind fired up by spirituality trying to find the right path.

Otherwise you wouldn't be on here boring us all with the same old stuff.

Come up with something new.

Lamar, CO

#643162 Jul 20, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
I know that was an insincere wow.

Everything "just is", isn't it?

Even your perception of the magical poof of the Big Bang had to follow laws. The theory of it is soley derived from those laws.

It wasn't a magic poof, it was a seed sprouting. You are a glorified turnip.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#643163 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all born Atheists. It is only when are parents lie to us and we are too stupid to question what we are told that we believe all the lies and then repeat the lies to others.
Speaking of Santa, Santa has a message for all of humanity.
Santa: Dear little children, Some day you will learn everything there is to know about Santa, and on the day I want you to remember everything the adults told you about Jesus.
My parents never talked about jesus. In fact, up until maybe five or six years old, I thought jesus christ was just a cuss word :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643164 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

I do not accept you as the clarifying spokesman for God because you are a deceptive, deceitful dishonest liar.
Great. And I do not accept you as the clarifying spokesman against the Bible because you are a deceptive, deceitful dishonest liar.

Parcheesi?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#643165 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just not getting it. A bat is called a bat because in the English language, we call it a bat.
It comes from the Old English word bakke, meaning "to flutter".
Are we wrong to even call them bats?
Butterflies flutter.
Bats are full of disease.
We are wrong to get near them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643166 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you failed to read this earlier I'll post it to you again, this time read it and don't post more stupid nonsense.
The second category involves verses which give unlimited powers to those who pray and ask God for assistance. Among these are comments as:
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"--Matt. 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-10;
"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.
John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Mark 11:24 (KJV), "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
In order to counteract the patent inaccuracy of these premises, apologists seek modification through James 4:3 and 1 John 5:14. The former says, "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask remiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." In other words, the reason the prayers of the sick, the old, the infirm, the afflicted, etc. have not been answered is because they were based on lust, greed and other selfish motives. It's hard to believe even hardened apologists really believe this. On the other hand, 1 John 5:14 ("...if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us") represents a more subtle ploy. Prayers are not answered because they do not comply with God's will. The problems with this explanation are:•(a) the earlier verses said nothing about God's will or the need to fulfill His desires, and
•(b) judging from many prayers which people feel were answered, one can't help but question God's morality. Praying, for example, that one's relative will die in order to inherit his wealth and having your wish materialize, does not speak well for God.
You are correct on this:

"Prayers are not answered because they do not comply with God's will"

Do you have a point?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#643167 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to verify that you need the higher parts of the brain to be operational. Since you exist only in the lowest most mechanical and automatic parts you will never be able to verify that. Only those of us who are participating in what the Universe is doing can experience and verify this truth directly.
You are left with believing it or not. I do not care.
But it is strange that you can accept your stupid God that we do not know exists as having always existed with no creator, but you can't accept the Universe which we do know exists as having existed forever while insisting it needs a creator.
Oh. You could've just said that you have no evidence for your claim that the universe has always existed.

If you had evidence for that, you would've posted instead.

Instead you resort to petty name calling and character assassination.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#643168 Jul 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>NONE, they all say Christ died on the cross and rose again. How many versions of the dictionary are there? which ones do you believe? Do you sill use the word "gay" as it was used 50 years ago?
dictionarys are not the alleged "word of a god"

The fact that there are hundreds of "bibles" and thousands of xtian sects suggests strongly that there is no guiding entity.

Your immoral philosophy condemns your belief set regardless.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#643169 Jul 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And that explains why he disagreed with Jesus hundreds of times and why when given the choice between Jesus and St. Paul Christians almost always go with St. Paul over Jesus?
Why do you make a choice?
You are supposed to go with God.
Paul became a saint.
Goodness is logic.

Location hidden

#643170 Jul 20, 2013
I just love it when Christians call Jesus a liar.
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
Tell us more about Christian love.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is not teaching a new commandment of hating people. He is teaching about the cost of following Him.
The clue is in Luke 14:33 when Jesus says:
“In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”
It’s about what we must be prepared to do to follow Jesus. It’s about giving up everything, even our very lives for Him. He doesn’t say,“by doing this you will get into heaven”. Jesus clearly teaches that through faith in Him we have eternal life (John 3:16). Through His death on the cross, we have the forgiveness of sins (Romans 6:23).
However, as His followers, are we willing to place Him in first position and place the most important people in our lives in second place?
He is not saying that you do it literally but you must be prepared to put everything else second. So if your parent forbids you from following him then you must disobey them and so on.
Thankfully many of us have never been put in a situation where we have had to choose between Christ and our loved ones. But imagine if you had been captured by religious terrorists and they demand that you deny Christ or watch one of your friends die what would you choose? Jesus is saying you must choose him.
Hope that helps explain it. Glad you asked, thanks for making me stronger on the Lord.
so the bible does not mean what it says, what is written

but

means what you prefer

now there is a book of truth

LOL

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#643171 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP.
You did not ask me anything, you said "Ah, but you can not demonstrate this"
You made a flat out statement, and I replied with one back to you.
I did not ask you to prove your mom's love, I said you can't demonstrate your mom's love for you.
If you disagree, by all means.... Prove me wrong.
Done and done.

QED.

Moving on, we are busy with the Cream Soda now

Location hidden

#643172 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that number's a bit high, but that's not my point.
My point is that the KJV is a terribly inaccurate translation. It was translated by only 6 British men in only 3 years. They claimed to have translated it directly from Greek, but they translated in in 1607-1610 and England had NO Greek manuscripts until 1628.
They made it the way King James wanted it, not the way it's supposed to be.
Atheists and skeptics just adore the KJV. Little do they know they're quoting an incorrect translation.
I agree that the kjv is a terrible translation.

but

where is your direction to your preferred translation

I wait......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min guest 646,396
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min MUQ2 281,233
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Brian_G 445,701
Incest 53 min LetsRoleplayThen 5
topic sex forum gone? 56 min LetsRoleplayThen 17
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 57 min LetsRoleplayThen 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Brian_G 48,210
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Brian_G 618,560
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web