|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I had one of those old Royal Bond copiers that I could never get to work reliably. The frame made for a neat rolling reloading bench. Solid as a rock. Even used a Pacific Big Max on it.
I still like Dillon presses.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
We live in a material world, and that is all we can measure. The rest is just philosophy and belief. There is no evidence that anything exists outside of the material world other than what people proclaim to be true. There is no evidence of "outside of nature".
Is that your answer to my questions? Really?
What do you mean by chain of reasoning from premises to conclusions? It seems that you're using buzz words to act as if you have some info that the rest of us aren't privy to. Other than your holier than thou arrogance and philosophies, what proof do you have of a god.
Well, to simplify it. In the "laws of logic" vs philosophy of naturalism, the laws of logic, debunk that philosopy....

prem·ise (prms)
n. also prem·iss (prms)
1. A proposition upon which an argument is based or from which a conclusion is drawn.

2. Logic
a. One of the propositions in a deductive argument.

b. Either the major or the minor proposition of a syllogism, from which the conclusion is drawn.

Holier than though... So your gonna resort to name calling like the rest of them huh... Typical, when you cant give a "reasonable" explanation to a direct question.
Describe to me in a convincing way how the laws of logic would lead you to believe that's it's rational to believe that the "ancients" knew more than us and that they just weren't making shit up.
I will respond to that question, as soon as you answer mine in the other post..

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
If you ever go to New Mexico and eat green chile sauce, you can run into an extremely wide variation in hot, and taste. You can run into some that will put you in respiratory arrest in short order.
Don't dig in. Give it a taste and wait a minute or two. Some are slow acting.
Water will not save you. Always have sour cream or avocado on the side. Those take the bite out of it.
Nowhere else in the world can they fix green chile sauce like in New Mexico. It isn't the thin stuff you get outside of there. Even Colorado can't fix it right.
You and I should converse on this sort of subject.
You are absolutely correct.
There are deadly peppers in Thailand, too. In some restaurants, a guy walks around wheeling a wooden cart with green mangos. Customers buy them from him, to cut the heat, just like with cream or avocado or a glass of milk (arrrgh).
I once saw an idiot who tried to out-macho a Thai pepper.
You don't want to hear the details.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
In Matt. 16:28 Jesus said,“There be some standing here, which shall
not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his
kingdom." Yet, they all died and he never came.
Weelll dogie, looks like rearend alan has been "somewhat converted..

Atleast ya posting scripture, still very carnal in mind though..

Keep it up, you may make an assistant pastor yet!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>Then the defense witness needs to give the money back, Zimmerman was trained for 1 1/2 years and it only takes one month to master basic ground turn and mount.
Fail 1: Zimmerman was told to stay in the car, so you lie. "George Zimmerman followed, confronted and shot Trayvon Martin AFTER being told by a 911 dispatcher to stay in his car until police arrive."
fail 2: although, the 911 operator did tell him to stay in the car, you lie. "George Zimmerman followed, confronted and shot Trayvon Martin AFTER being told by a 911 dispatcher to stay in his car until police arrive."
fail 3: Sorry, it is obvious but only not clear to a bigot. The defense witnesses said it was Zimmer screaming, while on the ground which was a lie. Slam head, scream, slam head-stop screaming, scream, slap head, sorry this did not happen, no breaks in scream.
Also, the white witness said that she saw Zimmer chasing Trayvon from left to right and then a fist fight back and forth for minutes.
Also, Trayvon was at home and only ran to 711 to get snacks during the NBA LeBron and Kobe All star game. Think about it, and stop being stupid. 15 minutes tops and back, but then the murderer, Zimmer, showed up. Trayvon Martin was on his way home from buying candy at a store during halftime of the NBA All-Star game. Zimmerman, who admits to shooting the unarmed boy in the chest, called the police claiming Trayvon Martin looked “suspicious.”
Believe as you may. Continue to hate or whatever you are calling this rant above.

A jury of his peers found him not guilty. Live with it.

Unless you are on some sort of "witch hunt"? Just know - many will not allow that type of process to occur in our world today.

Cheers!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I should converse on this sort of subject.
You are absolutely correct.
There are deadly peppers in Thailand, too. In some restaurants, a guy walks around wheeling a wooden cart with green mangos. Customers buy them from him, to cut the heat, just like with cream or avocado or a glass of milk (arrrgh).
I once saw an idiot who tried to out-macho a Thai pepper.
You don't want to hear the details.
That macho man pepper thing is a hoot.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because humans -and societies- are much less ignorant than we were back then.
And yet you still think those people, who thought the sun revolved around the Earth had the "truth"?

That would be your mind believing what you want.

Self - no other man/woman have any control over that, huh?

BTW - tell me when "God" helps you out the next time, okay?

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Starting with 4 first cause of how ridiculous you're being:
You have what's called a "law and order" mentality/morality system. You only think about the law itself and not whether the law is right. It is *absurd* for you to say that it would be humane for you to be locked up for smoking cigarettes, but I guess you have to to continue justifying the drug war to yourself. Or maybe that's really how you think. We have a moral obligation to disobey, ignore, or fight laws that are inhumane. Drug prohibition is inhumane, wasteful, and stupid. It wastes lives and money. If they suddenly outlawed caffeine or certain books, would you say that we should just follow the law since it's the law? The law is only valid if it is just.
1) That wasn't a pun. You clearly do not know what harm reduction is. At least you didn't.
2) Please, please don't make me repeat this: It *does not matter* how many abusers go to rehab, that is not at all relevant to the calculation that was made. Again, rehab in general reduces the overall cost of drug abuse to society. The study did not take into account relapse rates or the overall ratio of abusers to quitters - these factors are irrelevant - it simply found that, after all the numbers are tallied, rehab saves 3 dollars for every dollar spent. This does not mean that rehab offsets the costs of drugs on society completely, it means that rehab is a good financial investment, and that we get more out of it than we put in. So, again, if we spend 100 dollars rehabilitating people, we go on to save 300 dollars in medical costs, accidents, etc. This is easy to understand.
3) Why is "the next choice to incarcerate?" You advocate that we stop trying rehab with addicts, which does have some success, is cheaper, and saves society money, in favor of a system that does not reduce drug use, is expensive, and wastes billions of dollars. Please explain that logic.
1)I work in healthcare...and with drug abusers on a daily basis...I know exactly what Harm Reduction is and what the HRC is about. It was a PUN...Get over yourself...I can't help it you lack the insight to recognize these things.

2). I'm not making you repeat anything...you simply don't know when to just shut up and let things go...I've said I'm not against rehab...but not the way it is currently set up. I understand the stats Timn...I also understand how costs/effect statistics work...I am actively involved in outcome measurement, data management/analysis and reporting in my community related to social programs. That stat is misleading. Believe what you want...clearly...it's a useless argument.

3) I believe that if drug abusers repeatedly break the law, refuse rehab or go to rehab, but continually relapse, then we must incarcerate them. Last time I'm saying this...I'm ALL about helping people...but at some point they have to help themselves. If you call it giving up...then, yes...I've learned from experience...you can educate, rehabilitate, and do every possible thing under the sun to help people...but if they aren't willing to help themselves...you are wasting your time.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I read the Bible, not the Codex. Good luck with that, no wonder you are confused.
WOW! Really - did you just say that?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

http://www.foodreference.com/html/artvegetabl...

Speaking of food. A lot of our veggies are from the Americas. Potatoes and tomatoes both originated here.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah ha.... Leviticus....
Go on, show more of your ignorance, tell us that Leviticus is written for all Christians to follow....
Anytime...
I thought it was written so that christians will have an excuse to beat-up gay people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
JESUS: "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;
Jesus is liar and we all know it. That is not my opinion it is a fact. Name one amputee who has asked God in the name of Jesus for a new arm and got one.
The Bible is pure ignorance and lies and whosoever believes is deceived.
"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).
You are a fruit cake, i take back what i said in the other post..lol

I have seen hundreds of amputee's with new arms...

You dont get out much do ya?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
How could Jesus, whom the New Testament repeatedly refers to as the
son of man, be our savior when this is clearly forestalled by Psalm
146:3 ("Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom
there is no help") and Job 25:6 ("How much less man, that is a worm? and
the son of man, which is a worm")?
When Jesus is referred to as the son of man in the bible the word son is spelled "Son", with a capital letter.

If you had read that entire, brief, chapter in Job you would have seen that it was describing "men" in general and not Jesus.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
1)I work in healthcare...and with drug abusers on a daily basis...I know exactly what Harm Reduction is and what the HRC is about. It was a PUN...Get over yourself...I can't help it you lack the insight to recognize these things.
2). I'm not making you repeat anything...you simply don't know when to just shut up and let things go...I've said I'm not against rehab...but not the way it is currently set up. I understand the stats Timn...I also understand how costs/effect statistics work...I am actively involved in outcome measurement, data management/analysis and reporting in my community related to social programs. That stat is misleading. Believe what you want...clearly...it's a useless argument.
3) I believe that if drug abusers repeatedly break the law, refuse rehab or go to rehab, but continually relapse, then we must incarcerate them. Last time I'm saying this...I'm ALL about helping people...but at some point they have to help themselves. If you call it giving up...then, yes...I've learned from experience...you can educate, rehabilitate, and do every possible thing under the sun to help people...but if they aren't willing to help themselves...you are wasting your time.
1) It did not fit the definition of a pun, it was a clear misunderstanding on your part of what harm reduction is. Saying "jail is harm reduction, haha" is not a pun, it's a dumb joke. This is a pun: "a good pun is its own reword."

2) Do you think saying "that stat is misleading, I know how stats work" does anything to rebut my argument? I am using an actual scientific study to support my argument, but you assure me that "you know how these things work" so I should "just let it go." Really? That's your argument? How is it misleading? In what way does your expertise lead you to believe that there is some massive conspiracy to inflate the benefits of rehab? Further, assuming that the study is misleading, and rehab only offers a 2 to 1 return on investment, in what way is that still not better than jail? Jail does *nothing* to help the problem. It produces older addicts and it costs us money. That's it. Jail is more expensive, less effective, and inhumane.

3) Yes, you keep saying that, it doesn't make it a reasonable position. It's like saying that we should lock up anorexics for continually choosing to starve themselves, or lock up schizophrenics for refusing to rid themselves of their delusions. Modern psychology and neuroscience say that addiction is a disease, but you say it's not, so yeah, you must be right, right? What does locking an addict up accomplish? In what way does consuming a certain substance constitute a crime?

To sum up, rehab/harm reduction efforts are cheaper, more effective, more humane, and save us money. What argument do you have for jail (the more expensive, non-effective, inhumane option) aside from "we need to put them in jail?

Also, explain the moral reasoning behind locking people up for consuming a substance.

Do you want to get into comparisons of our drug problems with those of countries that have decriminalized drug use? Use rates, spending, etc? It won't go well for you.

Let's assume I'm right, which I am, and harm reduction is the cheaper and more effective option compared to enforcement. What argument would you then offer for the drug war? "They need to be jailed?"

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Assuming you agree that consuming a substance is not a criminal act (and I really, really hope you agree), the only possible justification for locking up an addict would be to prevent him or her from doing something stupid in pursuit of that addiction.

In itself, this is not a terrible argument, except we should never put addicts in jail, we should treat them like we treat mentally unstable people and stabilize them until they are no longer a danger to themselves or others. Pretty simple.

It is wrong to put someone in jail for a crime they might commit, but it is perfectly reasonable to mandate medical treatment until the addict has stabilized. Obviously, if an addict steals, they should be punished for theft, but not for the addiction itself.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.foodreference.com/h tml/artvegetablesfruitsneww.ht ml
Speaking of food. A lot of our veggies are from the Americas. Potatoes and tomatoes both originated here.
Also corn, chocolate, tobacco, and many, many fruits.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
Over half a million posts and still not one shred of evidence that this God exists.
Hopefully your eyes will be opened someday and see the Light.
BizarroPhoenix

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Doesn't that kind of destroy the point of faith and belief? I mean were not supposed to know for sure, that's the point. Your acting like the answers in the local library, when guess what? it isn't. If you want to talk about god fine but don't be an ass about it

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>When Jesus is referred to as the son of man in the bible the word son is spelled "Son", with a capital letter.
If you had read that entire, brief, chapter in Job you would have seen that it was describing "men" in general and not Jesus.
Lawyers are often accused of parsing words to the ridiculous.

Christians make lawyers look like amateurs at parsing.

Which "version" of the Bible?

What construction of the language?

How to determine if it's allegorical?

Please.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
You will...
Soon....
A child who talks to their Teddy Bear probably doesn't need professional help. An adult who talks to their imaginary friend definitely needs professional help. You should seek treatment for your delusions as soon as possible, death-denying cowardly Christian cultist Al Garcia!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

470 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Aura Mytha 224,176
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min eyeful 532,766
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min eyeful 172,395
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 16 min yon 14
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Dr_Zorderz 256,493
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 18 min Fa-Foxy 20
Last Word + 2 27 min Rosie 77
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Szajen 75
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Krackerjacks 115,083
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••